Author Topic: Official Cayin Thread  (Read 227385 times)

Offline Le_Stat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Only Taxpayer's should Vote !
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Official Cayin Thread
« Reply #180 on: Feb 24, 2007 at 07:51 PM »
ang pogi ng A100.

Sa SC-6 ako in love ngayon.  hehe.
Only tax payer's should vote !

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Audio is hobby not obsession
  • Liked:
« Reply #181 on: Feb 26, 2007 at 11:14 AM »
Sir pa reseved ka na ng 1 unit  ::) ::) ::)

Cheers

Offline Le_Stat

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #182 on: Mar 03, 2007 at 09:42 AM »
Sir pa reseved ka na ng 1 unit  ::) ::) ::)
Cheers

ahem ahem. You're the man !  ;) 

« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2007 at 09:46 AM by Le_Stat »

Offline AudioAmplified

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #183 on: Mar 05, 2007 at 06:31 PM »
Cayin's gorgeous and affordable KT88 valve amp is close to perfection. (by Robert Smith Audio Video Lifestyle Magazine.)

http://www.finallink.com.au/Cayin/Web%20PDFs/AVL%20CAYIN%20A-88T%20REVIEW%20FEB%202007.pdf

read the review... :)

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: Mar 06, 2007 at 11:01 AM »
Cayin is really hot  8) sunod-sunod reviews.
If you want to audition please call Audio Amplified 637-0250, 395-5115 so we can set up the unit in our two dedicated rooms. So, guys tara lets  8)

Cheers

Offline butchoy8701

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Vacuum tube lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: Mar 06, 2007 at 08:46 PM »
Cayin is really hot  8) sunod-sunod reviews.
If you want to audition please call Audio Amplified 637-0250, 395-5115 so we can set up the unit in our two dedicated rooms. So, guys tara lets  8)

Cheers

Hi Noel,

How does this A-88T differ from the A-70T in sound character? I'm currently using a fully mundorfed A-50T with leisure 2se. I just want to know kung gaano sya kalayo with my set-up. By the way, libre ba merienda sa audition? ;D hehehe
« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2007 at 08:47 PM by butchoy8701 »

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #186 on: Mar 07, 2007 at 12:50 PM »
send you PM sir. yes free snacks :)

Cheers

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: Mar 07, 2007 at 01:27 PM »
Dear Customers,

Our contact numbers and map of our address is in our website.  Please click the link below.

http://www.audioamplified.com/

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #188 on: Mar 07, 2007 at 02:33 PM »
Noel,

Please update me on the sched of the audition so I can also join.  Similar to butchoy8701 I do also have the A50T.

Thanks and regards,

JoeyGS

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: Mar 07, 2007 at 07:05 PM »
The A-50T is a very very good amp for the price and there are many things you can do to further improve the ability of that amp.  You can tube roll or change caps, little things that does huge improvements.

The A-70T and A-88T are better than the A-50T but they are of course higher in price.  Both amps have bigger trannies as well as better pre-amp sections compared to A-50T.  Furthermore, both amps do have pre-ins which means you can use them solely as power amps if you want to take the separates route in the future.  Then again they have to be better than the A-50T since they cost nearly twice as much.  But if you compare them to the US or Aussie prices then we our price is nearly 40% cheaper.

Just inform us when you want to drop by and we can set up both units for you guys to audition.  Time naman ng Customer nasusunod not ours   ;D 

Offline Le_Stat

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: Mar 07, 2007 at 09:10 PM »
I took the A70 because I can tube roll when either playing jazz of pop.  Just pop the switch and you're done.  Having a preamp boosts you to a much higher level of having separates.  I warn you that once you have a preamp on an A70, there's no turning back.  Here is where WAF (wife approval factor)  is important.  hehehe.

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: Mar 07, 2007 at 09:57 PM »
I took the A70 because I can tube roll when either playing jazz of pop.  Just pop the switch and you're done.  Having a preamp boosts you to a much higher level of having separates.  I warn you that once you have a preamp on an A70, there's no turning back.  Here is where WAF (wife approval factor)  is important.  hehehe.

POP GOES MY HEART - Music and Lyrics.  Funny movie hehehe   ;D

Offline Ace01

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: Mar 08, 2007 at 12:19 AM »

Hi! I once considered the A-50T which is a very good amp as Noel said. But then I auditioned the A-55T (which is more expensive) and I thought that at last I found the amp that I was searching for...until...these two great guys who were also there at a.a. beckoned me to to listen to the A-70T in the bigger room. To cut the story short, I did go for the A-70T which is really a great amp and goes well with the Vandersteen 1C's and the Rotel RCD 971. Been listening to the system every night (4 hrs at least!). Le_Stat brought up a very good point..yes, one should listen to the A-70T being driven by a preamp...been doing that for several nights now with a Cayin SC-2 tube preamp which is "mundorfed" and "amperexed" he he he.. ;)

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: Mar 14, 2007 at 12:07 PM »
Thanks for your feedback sir Andre.
Hows the Cayin a70t and sc-2? Is it getting better as the caps are being burn-in?

Cheers

Offline Le_Stat

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: Mar 14, 2007 at 12:29 PM »
Noel, tirhan niyo ako ng caps ha?  ;)

Offline Ace01

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: Mar 14, 2007 at 10:28 PM »
Thanks for your feedback sir Andre.
Hows the Cayin a70t and sc-2? Is it getting better as the caps are being burn-in?

Cheers

Tyrone, is that you?

This combination gets me so involved in the music and I just want to listen more and more...and to think that the caps are still being burnt-in...The A-70T is  really a great integrated amp but when used as a dedicated amp driven by a good preamp, its performance is further enhanced (very audibly!). The SC2 is something else, I cannot even find reviews about it and I bought it based on how it performed in my system at home..Thanks to you and Noel for letting me audition the modded preamp!

By the way, the other night I was listening to Jacintha's Here's to Ben (FIM XRCD 020) Track 4 "Tenderly" when my wife remarked that Jacintha seems to be in the room with us! How's that for a non-audiophile? She said that the system seems to be superb on vocals. I let her listen to the John McLaughlin Trio que alegria (Verve 837 280 - 2). It only took two tracks, "belo horizonte" and "baba" to show how the system does dynamics with tight deep bass and high frequency extension. Terrific pieces! oops, this might turn into a review, he he he...

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #196 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 06:58 AM »
Hi Ace,

Seems you have a very good set-up.  May we know what speakers you are pairing with the cayin Pre/Amps?

Thanks and regards,

JoeyGS

Offline Ace01

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 12:36 PM »
Hi Ace,

Seems you have a very good set-up.  May we know what speakers you are pairing with the cayin Pre/Amps?

Thanks and regards,

JoeyGS

Hi JoeyGs,

First of all congratulations re your audio set-up! I am using the Vandersteen 1C's which I found to have a good synergy with the Cayin (in my listening environment). I found that the 1C's can sound so well when I first used them with a Denon Int. Amp. But with really great amplification and front-end, they just perform beyond expectations. I once read a review that says that in a $10,000 system, the 1C's acquitted themselves very well, although at that price point it's already silly to pair the 1C's with those very expensive electronics (i.e. VAC 70/70 amplifier for one, I think). I also have on hand a pair of Spendor S20's. As with British monitors, the midrange and treble coherence really stands out but they cannot do the dynamics, soundstaging, and timbral accuracy as well as the 1C's. I could have opted for the 2CE's, however, they are beyond my price point and they are would surely need a bigger space to breathe...

Thanks for the inquiry, JoeyGs!

Offline butchoy8701

• Collector
  • Vacuum tube lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 04:42 PM »

Hi JoeyGs,

First of all congratulations re your audio set-up! I am using the Vandersteen 1C's which I found to have a good synergy with the Cayin (in my listening environment). I found that the 1C's can sound so well when I first used them with a Denon Int. Amp. But with really great amplification and front-end, they just perform beyond expectations. I once read a review that says that in a $10,000 system, the 1C's acquitted themselves very well, although at that price point it's already silly to pair the 1C's with those very expensive electronics (i.e. VAC 70/70 amplifier for one, I think). I also have on hand a pair of Spendor S20's. As with British monitors, the midrange and treble coherence really stands out but they cannot do the dynamics, soundstaging, and timbral accuracy as well as the 1C's. I could have opted for the 2CE's, however, they are beyond my price point and they are would surely need a bigger space to breathe...

Thanks for the inquiry, JoeyGs!

Hi Ace,

How would you compare the vandersteen 1c with leisure 2se on your A-70t? just curious  :D
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2007 at 04:46 PM by butchoy8701 »

Offline Le_Stat

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 08:14 PM »
Thanks to you and Noel for letting me audition the modded preamp!

ganyan rin nangyari sakin kaya di ko na matanggal sa system ko preamp. hehehe. 

Hi Ace,

How would you compare the vandersteen 1c with leisure 2se on your A-70t? just curious  :D

You can't compare the 2 coz the Leisure 2se is a bookshelf.  Pero no doubt the Leisure 2SE would do well with the A70 plus the preamp.  I heard the 2SE driven by the Cayin mono's 9025 sa Hi Fi Lounge sa Alabang.  Very Nice.
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2007 at 08:20 PM by Le_Stat »

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #200 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 08:47 PM »

You can't compare the 2 coz the Leisure 2se is a bookshelf.  Pero no doubt the Leisure 2SE would do well with the A70 plus the preamp.  I heard the 2SE driven by the Cayin mono's 9025 sa Hi Fi Lounge sa Alabang.  Very Nice.
[/quote]

The Leisure 2SE is a bookshelf and the 1C is a floorstander.  They are made for different consumer needs and comparing them would not be apples to apples.  The Leisure 2SE would sound spectacular with the Cayin monoblocks but then again that is not the right set-up by a mile!  Those amps cost 4x the speaker and ideally you would want to pair even better speakers with the monos to get their full potential.  I mean there is nothing wrong with that set-up but given the budget it is just not an optimized system thats all.

The vandy 1C could be compared to Aurum's Moon River Mini or Melody 103 for apples to apples comparison :)  Le_stat liked the moon river, Ace liked the 1C so i guess its all personal preference since both of them are very happy with thier system.  Fortunately both liked the A-70T  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Le_Stat

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #201 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 08:52 PM »
Since this is the Official Cayin thread and since most of the stuff in the HT gallery are mostly HT, I would post pictures of my all Cayin set up here:

POWER AMP           :     Cayin A70T, upgraded with Mundorf Silver/Gold
PRE AMP                 :      Cayin SC-6
CDP                       :      Cayin CDT-15, upgraded with Mundorf Supreme
IC                          :       Xindak FA-1
SPEAKER                 :      Aurum Cantus Moon River Mini
SPEAKER CABLE        :       Xindak FS-0.5 , bi-wire
LINE CONDITIONER    :      Xindak X500
POWER CORDS        :      9 Conductor braided cords, paired with Wattgate AC and 320i IEC / Pass & Seymour AC and Hubbel IEC.
TUBES                   :      NOS exotic. 
RACK                     :      Lovan

TWEAKS                 :      Pumice Stone on feet of CDP, cork + 10 lb stack of wood for anti-vibration of cdp, speaker cable hangers - don't bother coz no audible effect.

How's the sound?  Well, all I can say is that I don't have any plans on anymore upgrades.  Hmm, wait let me take that back.  The only thing left to upgrade is my preamp.  Soon probably.  ;D

« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2007 at 09:22 PM by Le_Stat »

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 09:08 PM »
NICE! hahaha... upgrade the alarm clock on the floor. hahaha. 

Joke joke lang.  You have already maximized your set-up at that price point so i also suggest you umm... enjoy it for a while before doing anything radical.  :)  ENJOY!

BTW nice tubes on the A-70T. pahenge hahaha

Offline Le_Stat

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 09:13 PM »
NICE! hahaha... upgrade the alarm clock on the floor. hahaha. 

Joke joke lang.  You have already maximized your set-up at that price point so i also suggest you umm... enjoy it for a while before doing anything radical.  :)  ENJOY!

BTW nice tubes on the A-70T. pahenge hahaha

Mukhang ni-zoom mo pa kung ano power tubes ko ha. hehehe.  Baka maging 9 pcs na yung tubes ko nun, inaantay ko nalang confirmation na meron pa nga na natitira na 2 pcs.    ;D

I don't have plans on upgrading any major equipment for a long while kasi masaya na ears ko.  Puro CD hunting nalang ako ngayon.  Ilayo niyo nalang CDT-17 sakin. hehehe.

oy, importante alarm clock sa floor.  kasi minsan i forget na its 3am na.   :o

;)
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2007 at 09:15 PM by Le_Stat »

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 09:17 PM »
ito nalang. give me your room dimensions and we will run a computer simulation and give you some optimal placements hehehe.  LIBRE upgrade na yun. 

Simple room acoutics (not the traps ha) help too. Usap tayo one of these days.

Offline Ace01

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 09:25 PM »
Hi Ace,

Hi Butchoy!

I think Noel has answered the question. But frankly speaking, I did not have the chance to audition the Leisure 2SE. I was just smitten the first time I heard the 1C's that at that point I knew that they were the speakers for me. I have to thank Noel for patiently setting up the components I wanted to hear and in so doing I did not have the slightest hesitation in going for the Vandys. Like I said, the A-70T + the IC's + the modded Rotel 971 and later the modded SC-2 exhibit quite a synergism. What we really have to ask is, does my system get me involve in the music? Does it make me want to listen until the "wee hours of the morning"? If it does both, then one has found the right system for himself and no amount of audiophile terms can begin to describe those experiences.

Thanks for the inquiry!

Offline butchoy8701

• Collector
  • Vacuum tube lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 09:28 PM »
Hi Andrew,

Hooh! ;D i'm speechless with your set-up...congrats! a complete audio amplified set-up... ;D just like mine AA din...just a little bit lower ;D Tukso layuan mo ako...grrrh The reason why i asked about the difference kasi somebody is selling his vandy 1c in the B/S section for a cheaper price, curious lang how it would sound with my a50-t. ;D parinig naman ng set-up mo...hehehe

Cheers

Offline Le_Stat

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #207 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 09:38 PM »
What we really have to ask is, does my system get me involve in the music? Does it make me want to listen until the "wee hours of the morning"? If it does both, then one has found the right system for himself and no amount of audiophile terms can begin to describe those experiences.

very true!  kaya always place an alarm clock somewhere in your listening room. hehe. 

Sometimes the music is so good that it is almost real, to the point that i ran out of the room and convinced myself that there is no ghost inside the room. hehehe. 

Offline Ace01

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #208 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 09:41 PM »
Since this is the Official Cayin thread and since most of the stuff in the HT gallery are mostly HT, I would post pictures of my all Cayin set up here:

POWER AMP           :     Cayin A70T, upgraded with Mundorf Silver/Gold
PRE AMP                 :      Cayin SC-6
CDP                       :      Cayin CDT-15, upgraded with Mundorf Supreme
IC                          :       Xindak FA-1
SPEAKER                 :      Aurum Cantus Moon River Mini
SPEAKER CABLE        :       Xindak FS-0.5 , bi-wire
LINE CONDITIONER    :      Xindak X500
POWER CORDS        :      9 Conductor braided cords, paired with Wattgate AC and 320i IEC / Pass & Seymour AC and Hubbel IEC.
TUBES                   :      NOS exotic. 
RACK                     :      Lovan

TWEAKS                 :      Pumice Stone on feet of CDP, cork + 10 lb stack of wood for anti-vibration of cdp, speaker cable hangers - don't bother coz no audible effect.

How's the sound?  Well, all I can say is that I don't have any plans on anymore upgrades.  Hmm, wait let me take that back.  The only thing left to upgrade is my preamp.  Soon probably.  ;D

Great set-up Le_Stat! Somehow I knew that you would go for the SC-6! But there's the SC-8, and the SC-10, gasp! Where will it end? Like you I don't any plans for upgrades but I have discussed with Noel how I will further maximize my living room's acoustics to really let the system shine, you know, just like squeezing the last drop of the nectar, he he he..

Offline Ace01

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: Mar 15, 2007 at 09:48 PM »
very true!  kaya always place an alarm clock somewhere in your listening room. hehe. 

Sometimes the music is so good that it is almost real, to the point that i ran out of the room and convinced myself that there is no ghost inside the room. hehehe. 

Agreed! One night Iwas really into the music..Jacintha was just so seductive, so real that I thought she's gonna sit on my lap. I had to see if my wife was watching, ha ha ha