Author Topic: Official Cayin Thread  (Read 228289 times)

Offline AudioAmplified

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Official Cayin Thread
« Reply #390 on: Mar 10, 2008 at 08:20 PM »
great!  bring some of your favorite CDs and we can audition them over a cup of brewed coffee  :)

Our store hours are 1030 am to 8 pm.  Mon to sat.  map is on our website www.audioamplified.com  scroll down pls

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #391 on: Mar 26, 2008 at 08:11 AM »
Cayin A-50 Review from Stereophile...

http://www.stereophile.com/integratedamps/308cay/

Offline annexus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #392 on: Apr 01, 2008 at 04:17 AM »
does this mean that i could turn my A50T to A55 by simply changing the tubes to KT88??
Thanks!

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Audio is hobby not obsession
  • Liked:
« Reply #393 on: Apr 02, 2008 at 06:40 PM »
does this mean that i could turn my A50T to A55 by simply changing the tubes to KT88??
Thanks!

Annexus, your query was already discussed in the previous page. I hope this will answer your question :)

Before Cayin named the KT-88/6550 version A55T.  This model was made for the EU market.  Now its just known as A-50T with KT-88 tubes :)  Both models are exactly the same except for one resistor inside and the tubes.  Of course the KT-88T version is a bit more expensive because the tube is more expensive than its el34 counterpart :)

a50T comes in silver or black faceplate

Cheers

Offline annexus

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #394 on: Apr 03, 2008 at 04:44 AM »
so,can i replace them with the more expensive or is it dangerous for the safety and the proper function of the amplifier?
and a last question:the red light of the A50T is for "ultralinear"?
sorry about these questions but the manual is in chinese....

Annexus, your query was already discussed in the previous page. I hope this will answer your question :)

Cheers

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #395 on: Apr 03, 2008 at 02:02 PM »
so,can i replace them with the more expensive or is it dangerous for the safety and the proper function of the amplifier?
and a last question:the red light of the A50T is for "ultralinear"?
sorry about these questions but the manual is in chinese....

Red - ultralinear
Orange - triode

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.  Or feel free to drop by too.  Did you get your A50T from us?  I know our manuals are english... unless the factory made a mistake and inserted a chinese manual.

Offline ganicru

• Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #396 on: Apr 11, 2008 at 04:50 PM »
I got lucky, I was able to acquire a mint pre owned Cayin A55T with mundorf caps from Fibac Audio Video shop at Makati Cinema Square. I am now selling my Cayin MT35 and some spare tubes, now displayed at Fibac. Pls. call 8565695 look for Jun.  Very nice display of audio video equipment and friendly people to assist you. Highly recommended for audio/video philes.
Thanks,
Panasonic PV70
Bose acoustimass 7, vcs10, mdl100x3
Velodyne CHT 8R
Kenwood KRF X9090D
Sony BDP S

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #397 on: Apr 22, 2008 at 12:03 PM »
Sir,
Ganda nyan sir, fully mundorfed  :) Hope you're enjoying it now  :) Feedback naman sir

Cheers

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #398 on: Apr 23, 2008 at 06:18 PM »
I got lucky, I was able to acquire a mint pre owned Cayin A55T with mundorf caps from Fibac Audio Video shop at Makati Cinema Square. I am now selling my Cayin MT35 and some spare tubes, now displayed at Fibac. Pls. call 8565695 look for Jun.  Very nice display of audio video equipment and friendly people to assist you. Highly recommended for audio/video philes.
Thanks,

sir congrats.  kindly pm me your serial number so we can update our warranty records.  thanks

Offline ganicru

• Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #399 on: May 08, 2008 at 11:05 AM »
Hi Audio Amplified, will get back to you for the serial number read ko maya sa box. Medyo nagenjoy ako kaya ngayon lang naka visit sa thread ng Cayin.

Just playing on my mind, I wish to learn how to check/adjust bias of my A55T, I noticed the bias adjustment ports on top of the unit.  Can you share a weblink  or a step by step instruction on how to do this and the needed equipment. Might upgrade power tubes in the future.

Thanks,

Sulit na sulit...
Panasonic PV70
Bose acoustimass 7, vcs10, mdl100x3
Velodyne CHT 8R
Kenwood KRF X9090D
Sony BDP S

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #400 on: May 09, 2008 at 06:23 PM »
Sir buy an analog or digital tester bias value at 35mA

Cheers

Offline A.Chua

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #401 on: May 15, 2008 at 04:36 AM »
hi,
whats the price of HA-1A?

thanks

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #402 on: May 15, 2008 at 06:05 PM »
hi,
whats the price of HA-1A?

thanks

SRP28K sir please call 395-5115, 637-0250

Cheers

Offline A.Chua

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #403 on: May 17, 2008 at 01:26 PM »
Hi,
hope you don't mind, is there a cheaper headphone amp/pre amp in your product line?
again, thank you

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #404 on: May 17, 2008 at 02:00 PM »
We have a CD player with a headphone out :)  very good value.  We also have an amp MT-12 which also has a headphone out.

The HA-1A is a high-end headphone amp.  Winner of many many awards and rated class A in stereophile. Please drop by our showroom to check out the other options.

But to answer your question, NO the HA-1A is the only pure headphone amp from Cayin.

Offline A.Chua

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #405 on: May 17, 2008 at 08:11 PM »
Mr. Noel D.
i went to the store this afternoon,  your staffs were very helpful in letting me listen to some of the setups....

A

Offline Le_Stat

• Collector
  • Only Taxpayer's should Vote !
  • Liked:
« Reply #406 on: May 24, 2008 at 11:01 AM »
Fareng Noel.... pasingit ng Commercial.  ;D

For those wanting to upgrade your power tube, I am selling my Quad (4 pcs ) GOLD LION KT88 at 10k only.  Almost perfect readings on my tube tester.  Used for less than 15 hours. This is substitute for 6550.  Better get it now. Standard price for this in the market is 16k locally.

Please see buy and sell thread for Audio for actual pictures.

0917 899 26 31
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008 at 11:02 AM by Le_Stat »
Only tax payer's should vote !

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #407 on: May 25, 2008 at 01:57 PM »
hmmm... upgrading to 800MK?  so fast hahaha

Offline Le_Stat

• Collector
  • Only Taxpayer's should Vote !
  • Liked:
« Reply #408 on: May 26, 2008 at 01:02 PM »
hmmm... upgrading to 800MK?  so fast hahaha

no plans for 800mk, takot kasi ako sa itsura ng tubes niyan. hehehe.

so far very happy ako sa 860's.   swak na swak for my speaker and type of music.  ;D
Only tax payer's should vote !

Offline A.Chua

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #409 on: Jun 10, 2008 at 01:38 AM »
if you guys like the vintage "wood" look we can bring them in for you guys.  indent order.  We will have a shipment soon so place your orders :)

Can you pm me the price of the vintage series cdp and integrated amp.
Thanks

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #410 on: Jun 22, 2008 at 06:13 PM »
sorry sir.  care to pm me the model for the vintage series you are interested in so that we can provide an accurate quote?

thanks for your interest in Cayin

Offline XXXyzledge

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • NO more CEBU PACIFIC flights for me!
  • Liked:
« Reply #411 on: Jun 29, 2008 at 09:29 AM »
hi audioamplified !

just got a mint pre-owned a55t
& im now enjoying it ! :D

i just have a query w/c was already discussed in the
previous page but in the opposite.....

can my a55t accomodate if i replace my kt88 tubes with el34's?
is it just as easy as pop-out kt88... pop in el34's?

thanks in advanced!
Cayin, RS1, Velo, QED, Bada         Sony4K, HK, B&W, SVS, Oppo, LaZboy....

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #412 on: Jun 29, 2008 at 09:46 PM »
hi audioamplified !

thanks in advanced!

NO!  The A55t is wired for KT-88/6550 use hence it has a higher power rating than the A50t EL34 version.  We need to replace a resistor to covert it to EL34 version.  PLease bring it in if you want it converted to EL34.

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 50
« Reply #413 on: Jun 29, 2008 at 10:33 PM »
Can you pm me the price of the vintage series cdp and integrated amp.
Thanks

i believe these are the vintage series:

Integrated Amplifier Cayin SP-1A: Rock on wood

There are lots of retro Hi-Fi components today. But this one is different. Instead of only copying the design of the 60ties and 70ties, the SP-10A also sounds like amplifiers used to sound at that time: rich, smooth and warm. Small wonder, it still uses the same basic technology with four 6L6 power valves in the output stage.

The press was impressed by that smart combination of traditional values and traditional craftsmanship. Renowned German reviewer Hannes Maier remarked in his testreport in “stereoplay 5/08”, that the whole construction is well designed from the gold plated inputs through the circuit layout to the solid copper speaker terminals.

A class of it’s own is the remote made of aluminium with fine wooden side panels. It not only controls the amplifier, but also the CD-Player SP-CD300

Power Amplifier Cayin SP-40M: Woodstock reloaded

This power amp matches the pre amplifier Cayin SP-30S from the concept and design. If you think you need more power or flexibility than our integrated amp can provide, you should have a close look at that one: it boosts 40 watts x 2, which is more than sufficient to drive most speakers. This power output is archived by a larger mains transformer and a combination of four KT88-EH, one 12AX7 and two 12AU7 valves. The whole design is simple, but straight: the 20-kilo component is available with different wooden cabinets accompanied by a heavy aluminium front. The sound reflects the classical appearance of the SP series and reminds of a time when valve components weren’t analytical at all.

CD-Player Cayin SP-CD300: Wood’n Chips

This CD-Player blends the latest digital technology with a traditional valve output stage. Burr Brown manufactures the D/A converters of the type 1792 which are known for fine resolution. The famous German Hi-Fi reviewer Hannes Maier from “stereoplay” expressed his admiration about the sophisticated construction of the Cayin SP-CD300. It even has a kind of siren sound preventing children from playing around with the nice rocker switches.

The SP-CD300 matches the style of the integrated amplifier SP-10A and has balanced XLR-inputs for safe signal transmission. If you prefer the RCA connection, the transformers of the CD-Player will isolate the circuit against ground noise.

For controlling the whole SP Series with one remote, you can use the system controller – a piece of metal with wooden side panels that pleases the eye.

The sound of the SP-CD300 is really like you would expect it from a traditional valve component: It’s warm, rich and smooth like a good vintage vine.

Pre Amplifier Cayin SP-30S: Magic Tube

Besides using the integrated amplifier SP-10A that was praised by the press, you can build up a more flexible system with the separate pre amplifier Cayin SP-30S. So you keep all benefits of the traditional style in sound and design, but can drive more critical speakers with more power than the main amp Cayin SP-40M is capable. The pre amp can be controlled with the very attractive system remote made of aluminium and wood to reflect the design of the whole SP range. The sound is as classical as the retro look – a well-balanced reminiscence to the golden age of Hi-Fi.
˙ ˙ ˙ ɯɐp - ıp - ɯɐp - ıp - ɯɐp

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 50
« Reply #414 on: Jun 29, 2008 at 10:35 PM »
hi audioamplified !

thanks in advanced!

pasyal ka na lang sa bahay kung type mo mag EL34 sound jim.  i won't suggest you open the amp.   ::)
˙ ˙ ˙ ɯɐp - ıp - ɯɐp - ıp - ɯɐp

Offline XXXyzledge

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • NO more CEBU PACIFIC flights for me!
  • Liked:
« Reply #415 on: Jun 30, 2008 at 08:26 AM »
NO!  The A55t is wired for KT-88/6550 use hence it has a higher power rating than the A50t EL34 version.  We need to replace a resistor to covert it to EL34 version.  PLease bring it in if you want it converted to EL34.

Thanks for the quick reply audioamplified !!!

yes jake!
wont dare open up my amp........
im quite happy with how my amp sings!

& besides, lapit lang naman ng haus nyo.........
hehehehehe.......
Cayin, RS1, Velo, QED, Bada         Sony4K, HK, B&W, SVS, Oppo, LaZboy....

Offline gcfernando

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #416 on: Jul 02, 2008 at 06:23 PM »
matched po ba un mt35 sa wharf 9.5 ko?

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #417 on: Jul 03, 2008 at 07:10 PM »
matched po ba un mt35 sa wharf 9.5 ko?

sir pls check your pm

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #418 on: Jul 03, 2008 at 07:11 PM »
i believe these are the vintage series:

Integrated Amplifier Cayin SP-1A: Rock on wood

There are lots of retro Hi-Fi components today. But this one is different. Instead of only copying the design of the 60ties and 70ties, the SP-10A also sounds like amplifiers used to sound at that time: rich, smooth and warm. Small wonder, it still uses the same basic technology with four 6L6 power valves in the output stage.

The press was impressed by that smart combination of traditional values and traditional craftsmanship. Renowned German reviewer Hannes Maier remarked in his testreport in “stereoplay 5/08”, that the whole construction is well designed from the gold plated inputs through the circuit layout to the solid copper speaker terminals.

A class of it’s own is the remote made of aluminium with fine wooden side panels. It not only controls the amplifier, but also the CD-Player SP-CD300

Power Amplifier Cayin SP-40M: Woodstock reloaded

This power amp matches the pre amplifier Cayin SP-30S from the concept and design. If you think you need more power or flexibility than our integrated amp can provide, you should have a close look at that one: it boosts 40 watts x 2, which is more than sufficient to drive most speakers. This power output is archived by a larger mains transformer and a combination of four KT88-EH, one 12AX7 and two 12AU7 valves. The whole design is simple, but straight: the 20-kilo component is available with different wooden cabinets accompanied by a heavy aluminium front. The sound reflects the classical appearance of the SP series and reminds of a time when valve components weren’t analytical at all.

CD-Player Cayin SP-CD300: Wood’n Chips

This CD-Player blends the latest digital technology with a traditional valve output stage. Burr Brown manufactures the D/A converters of the type 1792 which are known for fine resolution. The famous German Hi-Fi reviewer Hannes Maier from “stereoplay” expressed his admiration about the sophisticated construction of the Cayin SP-CD300. It even has a kind of siren sound preventing children from playing around with the nice rocker switches.

The SP-CD300 matches the style of the integrated amplifier SP-10A and has balanced XLR-inputs for safe signal transmission. If you prefer the RCA connection, the transformers of the CD-Player will isolate the circuit against ground noise.

For controlling the whole SP Series with one remote, you can use the system controller – a piece of metal with wooden side panels that pleases the eye.

The sound of the SP-CD300 is really like you would expect it from a traditional valve component: It’s warm, rich and smooth like a good vintage vine.

Pre Amplifier Cayin SP-30S: Magic Tube

Besides using the integrated amplifier SP-10A that was praised by the press, you can build up a more flexible system with the separate pre amplifier Cayin SP-30S. So you keep all benefits of the traditional style in sound and design, but can drive more critical speakers with more power than the main amp Cayin SP-40M is capable. The pre amp can be controlled with the very attractive system remote made of aluminium and wood to reflect the design of the whole SP range. The sound is as classical as the retro look – a well-balanced reminiscence to the golden age of Hi-Fi.

We are waiting for the updated prices from Cayin for these models :)  Will post it as soon as we have them.  Note that these models are on indent basis only.

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #419 on: Jul 03, 2008 at 07:14 PM »
Dear customers...

Our Cayin shipment has arrived.  Those who have reserved units please call us so that we can arrange delivery of your orders.

Cayin Phono One is also available :)  thats our new model for this shipment.