Author Topic: The Simpsons - The Complete 6th Season  (Read 2148 times)

Offline hemisphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Simpsons - The Complete 6th Season
« on: Jan 30, 2005 at 12:49 PM »

The Simpsons - The Complete Sixth Season
List Price: $49.98
Amazon Price: $32.49
You Save: $17.49 (35%)
Number of discs: 4

Further Details
Fox Home Entertainment has revealed early details on the sixth season of The Simpsons, which will be arriving in shops this August. Each of the season six episodes will be presented in 1.33:1 full frame along with English Dolby Digital 5.1, and French Dolby Surround tracks. English and Spanish subtitles will also be included. I'm afraid Fox has yet to reveal details on the extra material for this one, but we'll bring you word as soon as we get it. The set will be available to own from the 16th August, and should retail at around $49.98.

from DVDANSWERS
« Last Edit: Aug 27, 2005 at 02:34 PM by DVDiva »

Offline ThePatriot

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: The Simpsons - The Complete 6th Season
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2005 at 04:33 PM »
thanks for the info bro... :) :) :)

Offline msgt16

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
The Simpsons 6th Season
« Reply #2 on: Jun 22, 2005 at 07:43 AM »
got this from DVDAnswers:

Title: The Simpsons
Starring: N/A (Animation)
Released: 16th August 2005
SRP: $49.98

Further Details
Fox Home Entertainment has revealed early details on the sixth season of The Simpsons, which will be arriving in shops this August. Each of the season six episodes will be presented in 1.33:1 full frame along with English Dolby Digital 5.1, and French Dolby Surround tracks. English and Spanish subtitles will also be included. I'm afraid Fox has yet to reveal details on the extra material for this one, but we'll bring you word as soon as we get it. The set will be available to own from the 16th August, and should retail at around $49.98. We've attached our first look at the official region one package artwork below:
[/i]

cool packaging! ;D

Offline ßartmaniac

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Don't have a cow, man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2005 at 01:42 AM »
It is said that there are plans to release seasons 7-10 in the heads of the other family members, though it's not known yet which order they will come out.

I can't imagine how the Marge boxset will fit in my DVD shelf. ;D

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jul 14, 2005 at 11:14 AM »
Title: The Simpsons
Starring: N/A (Animation)
Released: 16th August 2005
SRP: $49.98

Further Details
Fox Home Entertainment has revealed early details on the sixth season of The Simpsons, which will be arriving in shops this August. Each of the season six episodes will be presented in 1.33:1 full frame along with English Dolby Digital 5.1, and French Dolby Surround tracks. English and Spanish subtitles will also be included. The set will be available to own from the 16th August, and should retail at around $49.98. The full disc specs for this one are listed below, along with another look at the official package artwork. We'd like to thank our friends at TVShowsOnDVD.com for the heads up on the disc specs.

Disc 1:
Bart of Darkness
Deleted Scenes: Dr. Hibbert discusses getting a waterproof cast with Bart and Homer, Extension of kids trying to get Lisa's attention in the pool, Homer is caught with the chlorine canister, Bart illustrates his view of the murder of Maude through pictures

Lisa's Rival
Commentary on Lisa's Rival by Matt Groening, David Mirkin, Mike Scully, Dan Castellaneta, Yeardley Smith, Mark Kirkland

Another Simpsons Clip Show
Commentary on Another Simpsons Clip Show by Matt Groening, David Mirkin, David Silverman

Itchy and Scratchy Land
Deleted Scenes: Homer fighting for a kid's popsicle, Bart steps on Itchy's foot and says, "You've got your job, I've got mine," Homer and Bart in jail. Homer says, "I kicked Itchy in the butt because of their attitude," Lisa fights the robots while Homer freaks out about a lie

Commentary on Itchy and Scratchy Land by Matt Groening, David Mirkin, Dan Castellaneta, Yeardley Smith, Wes Archer

Sideshow Bob Roberts
Deleted Scene: Sideshow Bob in court says,"You crave Al Gore but want Reagan"

Treehouse of Horror V
Deleted Scenes: Bart skateboards down a scary hallway, Homer tries to figure out why his house is being taken away, Kane and Kodo laugh at Homer's notion of going back in time and changing the world,& Skinner talks with Lunchlady Doris about soup spilled on a student

Bart's Girlfriend
Commentary on Bart's Girlfriend by Matt Groening, David Mirkin, David Silverman, Jonathan Collier, Susie Dietter, Julie Kavner

Disc 2:
Lisa on Ice
Commentary on Lisa on Ice by Matt Groening, David Mirkin, Mike Scully, Bob Anderson

Homer: Bad Man
Deleted Scenes: Chocolate and Peanut Butter people run into each other at the candy convention, Homer yells from window at protesters, Homer meets Sasquatch at Rock Bottom Studios

Commentary on Homer: Bad Man by Matt Groening, David Mirkin, Greg Daniels, David Silverman, Jeffrey Lynch, Julie Kavner

Grampa vs. Sexual Inadequacy
Deleted Scenes: Homer puts corks in his ears to avoid listening to Grampa, Extension of Homer & Grampa fighting in the car, Ralph explains what he saw and what is going on in Springfield

Commentary on Grampa vs. Sexual Inadequacy by David Mirkin, Bill Oakley, Josh Weinstein, Wes Archer

Fear of Flying
Deleted Scenes: Homer gets thrown out of Moe's and meets a popular kitten, Marge answers Lisa's question with a non-related answer, Bill the Pilot goes crazy and jumps off the building, Homer makes fun of Marge's phobia while she is hyperventilating on the plane, Marge wakes Homer when he vacuums with an unplugged vacuum cleaner, Marge's dream of Homer having a branch in his mouth is proven to be reality

Homer the Great
Deleted Scenes: Cars back into Homer outside the Stonecutter's Club, Mr. Burns gives Homer some "extra pay", Homer helps Lenny at the candy machine, Apu reads to children at the new Stonecutter's playground, Moe discusses the idea of forming a new secret club

Commentary on Homer the Great by Matt Groening, David Mirkin, Dan Castellaneta, Yeardley Smith

And Maggie Makes Three
Deleted Scenes: Extension of Homer playing Burns' head as bongos, Lisa and Bart discuss what life will be like when Maggie's born

Commentary on And Maggie Makes Three by Matt Groening, David Mirkin, Swinton O. Scott, David Silverman

Bart's Comet
Deleted Scenes: Extension of Town meeting, Kent Brockman gives an alternate description of the rocket missing the comet, Bart checks out bomb shelter and gets a "censored" Ranger Rick by Ned; Old folks extended

Commentary on Bart's Comet by Matt Groening, David Mirkin, Dan Castellaneta, Yeardley Smith, Bob Anderson

Disc 3:
Homie the Clown
Bart vs. Australia
Homer vs. Patty and Selma
A Star is Burns
Lisa's Wedding
Two Dozen and One Greyhounds
The PTA Disbands
- Commentary tracks for episodes

Disc 4:

Round Springfield
The Springfield Connection
Lemon of Troy
Who Shot Mr. Burns
- Commentary tracks for episodes

Other Extras include:
Animation Showcase for "Itchy and Scratchy Land"
A Confession from Matt Groening

from dvdanswers

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jul 14, 2005 at 11:16 AM »
package artwork:

from dvdanswers

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #6 on: Jul 14, 2005 at 07:21 PM »
CooL packaging indeed!  :o

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 14, 2005 at 08:55 PM »
I like watching The Simpsons on TV... but I'm not fond of collecting the series... UNTIL I SEE THIS PACKAGING!!! Anybody who can give details on what material this packaging composed of? Is this hard plastic or hard cardboard???
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline Glenn Patrick

• Collector
  • I love New York!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Aug 05, 2005 at 04:21 PM »
Box:

Head Open:

Box Open:

Open:

All:

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Aug 05, 2005 at 04:44 PM »
hi.. where did you get the pix?

----

the set looks cool but very fragile..

8)

Offline ryu

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Aug 05, 2005 at 05:06 PM »
Wow, I want one.
Is this hard plastic case?

8) 8) 8)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Aug 06, 2005 at 03:55 AM »
shape of things to come:

8)

Offline ryu

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Aug 06, 2005 at 05:28 AM »
Cool  8) 8) 8)
Will definitely start collecting that season dvd

Offline Glenn Patrick

• Collector
  • I love New York!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Aug 06, 2005 at 05:55 PM »
shape of things to come:

8)

"Is this final art? Maybe not. Our first e-mail tipping us off to this story came today from Adam Wolf of SimpsonsChannel.com (thanks, Adam!), who nots that these are "early drafts, possibly just a design given to Fox Home Entertainment to show that five heads could be accomplished. Homer's head is longer, his pupils are different, and the thick black line doesn't appear at the bottom of his mouth." Good analysis, and we agree with it.

Since the "Homer" (The Simpsons - The Complete 6th Season) artwork is otherwise so very similar to what we're seeing here in Region 1, then we conclude that this is very likely what we're going to see here in the states...it's pretty much what we were told by Fox a little over a month ago. It seems like we can expect the remaining "head case" sets of the family members to come in this order: Homer, Marge, Lisa, Maggie, and then Bart for the 10th season. What will they do after that? Well, the production team is currently in the process of creating episodes for the debut of the 17th season this Fall, so they need at least seven more sets after that. Will they continue with character-based case, or go back to the box? Or will the entire thing be academic soon as DVD is phased out in favor of a newer format? Your guess is as good as ours...stay tuned!"

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3848

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Aug 07, 2005 at 01:24 AM »
oh.. i guess we have to wait for "the" Sideshow Bob artwork..  ;D

Offline Glenn Patrick

• Collector
  • I love New York!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Aug 13, 2005 at 11:58 AM »
Don't like the new Homer-shaped case? Fox will take care of you! Er, if they get the phone # right... (D'oh!)

Don't like it? Most Simpsons fans we've heard from have LIKED the "Homer's Head" packaging for The Simpsons - The Complete 6th Season, and are looking forward to upcoming cases featuring the rest of the family's noggins. However, there ARE a significant number of fans who object to the change in box style, fearing that the new case will not fit in with the look of existing season sets, or just not fit at all if they have their shelving set in a pretty tight vertical fit. Don't worry, though, Fox will take care of you. Inside the box that arrives in stores next Tuesday, August 16th, you'll find a card that looks like this (except the phone # won't be obscured, even though it WILL be incorrect...more on that in a moment):

In short, Fox is saying (while taking a few humorous jabs at you; we guess they assume fans of The Simpsons WILL have a sense of humor, and can take a joke!) that anyone who wants to get the "Homer's Head" package replaced with a more standard-style slipcase package that resembles the old ones, may call a toll-free number and talk to Fox Customer Service to get this switched out. We do NOT know the terms of the deal: is it free? Does it cost? Do you have to pay at least shipping & handling? We just don't know. Nor do we know what the alternate packaging looks like, since Fox hasn't provided a picture of it.

As you can see, we've obscured the phone # on the card insert. Why? Two reasons: First, the phone # is NOT active for the slip cover offer until TUESDAY Aug. 16th...the day the new title hits the streets. We can also tell you that there will be a web site that can alternately be used to take advantage of this offer. The site is currently not active, and won't be until next Tuesday (there is filler material there in the meantime). Here at TVShowsOnDVD, we debated on whether or not we should reveal the correct # and the website URL to you right now, but decided in the end that we should just post it in a separate news story on Tuesday morning. Look for it then. It's highly likely that you'll need a proof-of-purchase to take advantage of the offer in any case. Well...maybe not.

In the meantime, it is IMPORTANT for us to pass on to everybody that THE "800" PART OF THE TOLL-FREE NUMBER IS WRONG! THE CORRECT NUMBER WILL HAVE AN "888" AREA CODE!. Yes, you heard that right: the phone # on the card is a typo. If you dial it as-is, you get some accounting firm that will consider phone calls on this subject to be nothing but a hassle, we're sure. They probably have nothing to do with this except the unhappy misfortune to have a similar toll-free number. Don't bother them, okay? Call the phone # on the card, but replace "800" with "888"!

(What's really funny about the typo is that, if you call the correct number after hours, you get a voice message from Fox Customer Service telling you to call back on Tuesday about the slip cover offer, and they read the phone # back to you...and the number the read is also the wrong "800" version. D'oh!)

Again, call the correct "888" version of the phone #, ON TUESDAY, or visit us here that morning to get the link to the website (which isn't mentioned on the insert card). All right? Okay. We appreciate the reader, who wished to remain anonymous, that took the time and effort to scan this insert and send it in to us.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3898

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Aug 13, 2005 at 01:18 PM »
i see this as an insult to the majority of the market who have continually supported the dvd release of this series even though i know the statement is written in the mindset of Homer (think and talk). similar PR tactic, they are applying ------ Former First Lady Bush scandal.

but, on the other hand, i find it not offensive because i embrace the change in packaging which this studio courageously undertook. my main concerns are durability and keeping the packaging pristine and clean.

8)

Offline Glenn Patrick

• Collector
  • I love New York!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Aug 17, 2005 at 05:27 PM »
The Simpsons - D'oh! 800 # works just fine after all! Updated info on S6 'old-style box'

Posted by David Lambert
 8/16/2005

Last Friday we filled you in about the offer that went live today for The Simpsons - The Complete 6th Season, which started selling at midnight. The new season set comes in a "Homer's Head" box that is in the shape of our favorite animated paternal doofus. It opens up to reveal Homer's skull, plus the 4 DVDs that make up this set. Fox has generously offered to provide an old-style box, though, for people who don't like the idea of having their season sets change up on them in the middle of the DVD run.

When we wrote about this matter last week, we told our readers that there was a card enclosed in the box discussing the box offer, but that the toll free number on it was incorrect. We tried calling the 800# given on the card, and got an accounting firm. When we tried calling the same number with an 888 prefix instead, we got Fox's customer service line, and since it was after hours there was a voice message there...and it talked about the box change offer! Naturally, we assumed that there was a typo of some sort.

That wasn't the case after all. It turns out that today the 800# listed on the card went live for Fox. If you call it now...well, you'll have a LOT of rings before it gets answered, because it's very swamped at the moment. But when it gets picked up, you'll hear a recording of Homer telling you that you've called the right place. He'll insinuate that it's all a hoax, but it's not really...eventually a rep will pick up the phone (my call was answered by a very nice and polite young lady who seemed out of breathe but in a cheerful mood). I didn't go through the process there; I only called to verify that the number does indeed work. So, we apologize for the bad info last week...our mistake! Here's what the card insert looks like:

Instead of calling, though, it will probably be easier if you just head to SimpsonsBox.com and take care of ordering the new box there. At the site, it will be explained what your requirements are in order to make use of this offer:

*A dislike for storing your digital media inside a hollowed out human head

*Proof-of-Purchase (one of the following):
- Original sales receipt
- OR The 800# insert you found in the box
- OR The original proof of purchase on the back of the episode guide booklet

*For U.S. residents $2.95 for shipping and handling; For Canadian residents $4.95 for shipping and handling; Please make check or money order payable to 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment (Cash is not accepted - We pay for the package and you pay to send it)

*A rear molar (optional)

*A solemn promise to stop your whining

*Redemption form (filled out at the SimpsonsBox.com site)

As you manuever through the site, you will be asked to declare your reasons for wanting to change to the old style boxes. You'll have this list of reasons to choose from:

*Anal retentive (box must be identical)
*Lonely (will pretend box is new best friend)
*Will sell new box to collector nerds for huge profit
*Just like free stuff
*Big baby

I chose "Big baby" myself. Whatever your reason, if you want to make the switch to the old-style box, you'll be able to do it. At the end of your website set-up to mail in for your almost-free box downgrade, Fox assures you that they still love you. And we love them for thinking of this!

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3926

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Aug 25, 2005 at 02:57 AM »
just received my copy from baby and opened it immediately. for now, i can say that the head concept is good but the implementation needs improvement.. big time.

:(

Offline Glenn Patrick

• Collector
  • I love New York!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Oct 01, 2005 at 05:10 AM »
Alternate Box:

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Oct 01, 2005 at 03:44 PM »
Glenn Patrick, where can we get one of those "traditional packaging"? any links? thanks in advance.

8)

Offline ßartmaniac

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Don't have a cow, man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Nov 30, 2005 at 06:54 AM »
Glenn Patrick, where can we get one of those "traditional packaging"? any links? thanks in advance.

8)

Delayed reply, but will answer anyway:  ;)

www.simpsonsbox.com

(you need to have a US or Canada address to have it sent though)
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2005 at 06:56 AM by ߪ®™ªn¹ª© »