Author Topic: help on setting up HT  (Read 2954 times)

Offline gonefishing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
help on setting up HT
« on: Jul 26, 2005 at 11:32 AM »
can someone help me mag set up ng HT, yun minimal na gasto slang kung pwede, pls indicate yun anong TV biblhin player speakers etc.... the saize of the room is around 3 meters x 3 meters based sa nabasa ko dito kolin na 29" or 32" and pinakamurang tv, anong pinaka murang player na meron ng 5.1 sounds t speakers na and kung kailang p[a ang amplifier...hanks
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2005 at 11:41 AM by gonefishing »

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: help on setting up HT
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26, 2005 at 11:42 AM »
can someone help me mag set up ng HT, yun minimal na gasto slang kung pwede, pls indicate yun anong TV biblhin player speakers etc.... the saize of the room is around 3 meters x 3 meters based sa nabasa ko dito kolin na 29" or 32" and pinakamurang tv, anong pinaka murang player na meron ng 5.1 sounds thanks

budget?

Offline gonefishing

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jul 26, 2005 at 12:00 PM »
budget? i really don't know, how much I'm willing to shell out to have a ok set up would 30k-40k enough? better kung mas baba pa... tnks! this is part of different appliance and furnitures that I still need to buy for our newly constructed house, so the more cheaper it will be the better.... and what should I tell the contructor, i mean what other thins should be consider to be put on the walls, etc of this room, this room is made just to be my HT room...
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2005 at 12:06 PM by gonefishing »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jul 26, 2005 at 12:14 PM »
yun minimal na gastos lang kung pwede

If you are on a budget, try Yamaha 450 (about 14+k) or HK, plus JBL SCS 200.6 (about 18+k) or 260.6 (about 24k) satellite speakers w/ sub. Thats good enough for a 3x3m room. Di bitin ang bass and very decent for its price.

JBL 260.6

You can also go for bookshelf speakers if you also like audio. If you are on a budget, try Daiichis. You can assemble a HT speaker system w/ sub for about 10k, may lifetime warranty pa. The next steps are Wharfedales, Mordaunt Short, Mission, Monitor among the mid-end/ entry level speakers

There are lots of good receivers or speakers & subs on sale at the pinoydvd marketplace.
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2005 at 02:46 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline gonefishing

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jul 26, 2005 at 12:20 PM »
If you are on a budget, try Yamaha 450 (about 14+k) or HK, plus JBL SCS 200.6 (about 18+k) or 260.6 (about 24k) satellite speakers w/ sub. Thats good enough for a 3x3m room. Di bitin ang bass and very decent for its price.

You can also go for bookshelf speakers if you also like audio. If you are on a budget, try Daiichis. You can assemble a HT speaker system w/ sub for about 10k, may lifetime warranty pa. The next steps are Wharfedales, Mordaunt Short, Mission, Monitor among the mid-end/ entry level speakers

There are lots of good receivers or speakers & subs on sale at the pinoydvd marketplace.

thanks matzter, but what are those things that you mentioned, I assumed it's speakers?  ???I'm sorry I don't know anything about HT stuff, next question is where can I get these things??? saan pwede bumili ng daiichi? ano yun pwede na yun store ang magassemble? pasensya na pare, pero pwede ba i itemized yun mga pieces na kailang or as set na i.e.

tv kolin 29", with daiichis speakers etc... thanks

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jul 26, 2005 at 12:24 PM »
and what should I tell the contructor, i mean what other thins should be consider to be put on the walls, etc of this room, this room is made just to be my HT room...

Naku, thats an entirely new topic and its a complicated one ;). I am currently renovating my house as well. These modifications will cost you a lot of time and labor  (cost) of course

Wire management: I have placed the "abang" for the surrounds and component video cables (for future front projector)into the walls and ceilings. I am also putting wall outlets with binding posts for the 4 surrounds so that the wires will be less messy.

Acoustics is another aspect and there are threads here in pdvd discussing the many aspects of it.

Offline gonefishing

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jul 26, 2005 at 12:44 PM »
Naku, thats an entirely new topic and its a complicated one ;). I am currently renovating my house as well. These modifications will cost you a lot of time and labor  (cost) of course

Wire management: I have placed the "abang" for the surrounds and component video cables (for future front projector)into the walls and ceilings. I am also putting wall outlets with binding posts for the 4 surrounds so that the wires will be less messy.

Acoustics is another aspect and there are threads here in pdvd discussing the many aspects of it.

nahilo na ako lalo.... ??? :o  wala bang mga generic lang na tower yun speakers?

Offline itgbkj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Home Theater and Photography tandem
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 26, 2005 at 12:59 PM »
Sir, before you invest on anything, I highly suggest that you visit places where they audition things... sooner or later, you'll get the hang of things when they say, "7.1" or "Wharfes" or "Gale" or basta mga ganun...

My current set-up naman is:
   RECEIVER : Yamaha RXV-450 (got it for 15K)
   Front Speakers (pair yun) : Wharfedale Diamon 9.2 (bookshelf type, not floor standing)
   Center Speaker (isang piraso yun) : Wharfedale 9 CS (w/c stands for Center Speaker, I think)
   Rear Speaker (isang pair din) : Wharfedale Valdus 100 (pero binenta ko na), so nag iiipon pa ako para sa Wharfedale RS (Rear Surround ata)
   Sub-woofer (a must) : Dai-ichi lang.  150Watts.

Honestly, do try to go to mega.  Visit mo yung Dai-ichi showroom (ask for a demo on what speakers they have and a demo on Bass Shaker) hehehe...

visit mo ibang shops na meron din ganun... try mo Ambassador, 5th Ave (I think they sell Gale Speakers - alternative speaker, kapareho ang price ng Wharfes).  Try mo dito sa Makati (The Home Theater - likod ng Makati Sports Club) - that's where I bought my stuff... good buy dun.

Basta, keep on reading and kapalan mo na lang mukha mo minsan kasi mahirap talaga pumasok sa mga Audiophile shops na naka-shorts at sandals.  Hindi ka papansinin.

if you want, do PM me and send me your e-mail add... meron akong na compile na kung ano-ano sa mga home theater stuff... I can send 'em to you.  good read sila.  After that, ikaw na ang mas expert sa akin.  Hehehe...

Lastly, 40K?  Ummm...

Receiver @ 15K
Front Speaker @ 6K
Center Speaker @ 3K
Rear Speakers @ 3K
Sub (local made) @ 3K
DVD Player @ 4K
TV @ sky-is-the-limit.  hehehe...

There, 34K, tama na yun!  Maganda na yun.  At once you've put-up your system, advice lang... hwag ka makinig sa iba para maganda pa rin ang tingin mo sa set-up mo.  :)

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #8 on: Jul 26, 2005 at 01:05 PM »
thanks matzter, but what are those things that you mentioned, I assumed it's speakers? ???I'm sorry I don't know anything about HT stuff, next question is where can I get these things??? saan pwede bumili ng daiichi? ano yun pwede na yun store ang magassemble? pasensya na pare, pero pwede ba i itemized yun mga pieces na kailang or as set na i.e.

tv kolin 29", with daiichis speakers etc... thanks

You'll need the ff:

1. a TV
2. a DVD player
3. a receiver
4. speakers

A receiver (like the Yamaha 450 MAtZTER mentioned) is an equipment that has a tuner (FM/AM), a preamplifier (volume control), a processor that decodes Dolby and DTS tracks and an amplifier w/c powers your speakers (Daiichi).

Speakers can be active or passive. Active speakers have their own volume controls and amp (like pc speakers). Passive speakers need amplifiers to power them.

Some DVD players have their own processors. You can just have 5.1 active speakers instead of getting a receiver+speakers. Of course, the receiver+speakers will give you better sound and flexibility.

To make use of the receiver's processor, you connect the DVD player via its coaxial or optical output to the receiver.

Hope that helps.

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jul 26, 2005 at 02:16 PM »
I suggest you go through the many topics in pinoydvd.com.

Suggested:

Setting Up:Newbie questions, suggestions for av receiver & speakers thread

Speakers: Daiichi,  Wharfedale, etc.

Amplifier:Yamaha, etc

Research research research! Read Read Read!

Yes mahihilo ka. but in the end your knowledge is your edge. If I had only gone through pinoydvd before I started my HT, I knew I would have saved a lot more. There is a ton of useful info in these threads that would help you both in knowledge and savings.

If you want to check out the Daiichi showroom, dont forget that their prices there are SRP, standard retail price, to protect their dealers and distributors. They have lower prices in Raon.

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jul 26, 2005 at 02:26 PM »
nahilo na ako lalo.... ??? :o  wala bang mga generic lang na tower yun speakers?

Considering you have a 3x3m room, bookshelves would be enough.

But if you prefer tower speakers then Daiichi DTX towers (4k) will do, and its cheap.

If you prefer wharfedales or higher, etc, it would cost you more for floorstanders.

« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2005 at 02:59 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline gonefishing

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jul 26, 2005 at 04:00 PM »
thanks sa lahat ng nag reply, ito type ko sa dai ichi, I think dai ichi na bilhin ko...tingin niyo ok ba sound nito for beginners? kailangan ko pa ba ng amplifier for this set? sabi kasi nun store sa raon no need na daw, tapos 29" or 32" kolin flat tv, pasok na sa budget right? magkano ba yun kolin na 29" or 32" yahoo excited na ako!!!!.... kung meron kayong suggestion, paki post na lang
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2005 at 04:03 PM by gonefishing »

Offline aHobbit

• DVD Guru
  • Think HARDER - HOLLOW Heads! No FO0Ls Please!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jul 26, 2005 at 06:07 PM »
Sir, before you invest on anything, I highly suggest that you visit places where they audition things... sooner or later, you'll get the hang of things when they say, "7.1" or "Wharfes" or "Gale" or basta mga ganun...

Lastly, 40K?  Ummm...

Receiver @ 15K
Front Speaker @ 6K
Center Speaker @ 3K
Rear Speakers @ 3K
Sub (local made) @ 3K
DVD Player @ 4K
TV @ sky-is-the-limit.  hehehe...

There, 34K, tama na yun!  Maganda na yun.  At once you've put-up your system, advice lang... hwag ka makinig sa iba para maganda pa rin ang tingin mo sa set-up mo.  :)

Youwant to end with a branded, good setup, just prepare your budget so you can grab immediately. Visit the buy & sell thread. Recent sighting can yield you the following:

Yamaha RX-V350 or 450 yata @9k (negotiable pa ata)
Diamond 8.3 @ 5k (negotiable din yata)
Diamond 8 Center and surround @ 4.5k
dai-ichi sub @ 3K (earlier, there is a Yamaha sub for 3.8k lang)
earlier there is Toshiba DVD player @ 3k (now you have pioneer @ 4k)

O . . . 24.5k lang, puro branded pa.

Punta ka sa mga surplus, magsama ka ng friend marunong bumili ng TV and you can end up with 32inch @5k (like me)

at 30k, you have a set-up hard to beat for the price.  :o
Anti PDVD Malware (STUP1Ds & F0OLs)

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jul 27, 2005 at 10:51 AM »
Youwant to end with a branded, good setup, just prepare your budget so you can grab immediately. Visit the buy & sell thread. Recent sighting can yield you the following:

Yamaha RX-V350 or 450 yata @9k (negotiable pa ata)
Diamond 8.3 @ 5k (negotiable din yata)
Diamond 8 Center and surround @ 4.5k
dai-ichi sub @ 3K (earlier, there is a Yamaha sub for 3.8k lang)
earlier there is Toshiba DVD player @ 3k (now you have pioneer @ 4k)

O . . . 24.5k lang, puro branded pa.

Punta ka sa mga surplus, magsama ka ng friend marunong bumili ng TV and you can end up with 32inch @5k (like me)

at 30k, you have a set-up hard to beat for the price.  :o

Galing ni sir aHobbit mag scout ah! I agree with aHobbit, try to go for these 2nd hand bookshelf speakers. Usually, maalaga naman sa mga gears ang mga members natin, so not much to worry on the condition..

And the bookshelf speakers will definitely sound better than satellite speakers (like the JBL I posted and the Daiichi you posted). IMO, most satellite speakers, specially those within the budget ranges mentioned above, are good  mostly for HT or smaller rooms. But if you would also want to enjoy music with your system, go for bookshelf speakers or better yet floorstanders. They produce better music. Just my 2 cents..
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2005 at 10:55 AM by MAtZTER »

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jul 27, 2005 at 10:54 AM »
thanks sa lahat ng nag reply, ito type ko sa dai ichi, I think dai ichi na bilhin ko...tingin niyo ok ba sound nito for beginners? kailangan ko pa ba ng amplifier for this set? sabi kasi nun store sa raon no need na daw, tapos 29" or 32" kolin flat tv, pasok na sa budget right? magkano ba yun kolin na 29" or 32" yahoo excited na ako!!!!.... kung meron kayong suggestion, paki post na lang

Try visiting the Port Area SHopping Center.  Nothing beats a widescreen TV.  Forget about those 4:3 regular TVs in many appliance stores.  Those are unsold inventories of many brands.  In general, wala nang nagbebenta ng 4:3 TVs sa US, England at Japan (except for a few discount outlets).  Tapunan lang dito.  Widescreen TVs are the way to go. It's already a 10-year old trend.  Dito lang ata sa Pinas ang other 3rd world countries and nagbebenta pa rin ng 4:3 TVs.   Just my thoughts.
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2005 at 10:57 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline itgbkj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Home Theater and Photography tandem
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jul 27, 2005 at 08:03 PM »

We recently visited that fabled Pier Superstores of 2nd hand garbage from Japan... Grabe... dami pala dun at yung 27" TV natanong namin ay 3K daw.  aHobbit, samahan mo naman kami para makapili ng maayos na TV dun!  :)  Hey, can somone direct me to a place where I can read on 2nd hand TVs and what to look for in 'em?