Author Topic: B&W 600  Speakers  (Read 300933 times)

Offline Blade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:B&W 600  Speakers
« Reply #120 on: Oct 23, 2002 at 10:50 AM »
Myki

Will be heading to Mega and Shang this weekend for an audition of Marantz AVRs.
Thanks a lot bro................. 8)

Blade. 8)

Offline mYKi

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: Oct 23, 2002 at 11:03 AM »
Blade,

This is how to audition the Marantz:

1) Listen first to music in "AUTO" mode. There is no Loudness switch (you don't need it!), just set the Bass and Treble to 0 first.

2) Adjust BASS and TREBLE to your liking (but I like it both at 0)

3) Listen to music, especially vocals, instrumentals, etc. WOW!

4) Now, turn on the SOURCE DIRECT mode. This will bypass the bass management/tone controls. Listen to the music again. WOW! WOW! WOW!

5) Try it with some DVD's, especially DTS!!!!!

Try it out with the B&W DM602S3 or even the Dynaudio Audience 42 or 52.

Also, if you do find an SR7200 please e-mail me since I have a friend who has been looking for one for 2 months already. Padating na kasi yung mga bagong model eh...
« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2002 at 11:05 AM by Myki »

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: Oct 23, 2002 at 11:22 PM »
Please stick to the topic.  :) Thanks

Levi

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: Oct 24, 2002 at 12:24 AM »
I just got my B&W CD-interactive after registering my speakers last week. Lots of info about the B&W speakers and  some demo materials.

Offline stradale

• Collector
  • It's better to burn out than to fade away.
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Oct 25, 2002 at 03:34 PM »
Anybody know where I can get wall mounts for the 600S3's.?

I only have 14" of vertical space between the top of my doorway and the ceiling so the wall mount has to be compact and adjustable such that I can angle the surround speakers downwards above the head of the seated listener.

Offline mYKi

• Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Oct 25, 2002 at 05:57 PM »
Stradale, I sent you a PM.

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Oct 25, 2002 at 10:49 PM »
Myki,

Can you PM me also. Im interested with the 600S3.

Pare Do we have other classmates interested with HT, invite them to join PinoyDVD.

Levi

Offline bunkieboy

• DVD Guru
  • WHAT'S YOUR DYSFUNCTION?
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Oct 26, 2002 at 12:17 AM »
I just got my B&W CD-interactive after registering my speakers last week. Lots of info about the B&W speakers and  some demo materials.

hi levi!

you in the philippines? interested in getting myself the interactive cd u mentioned.

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Oct 26, 2002 at 12:53 AM »
Bunkieboy,

Yup, I just registered my speakers, but I opted not to join the raffle so I got this CD as a gift.

Levi

Offline tuff_u_gong

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • emancipate yourselves from mental slavery!
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Oct 26, 2002 at 07:15 AM »
Bunkieboy,

Yup, I just registered my speakers, but I opted not to join the raffle so I got this CD as a gift.

Levi

hi levi (or anyone else who uses the 602s3 and lcr-60 combo)!

i decided to get an LCR-60 late last week. until now i actually still don't like what i hear. parang very chesty and bland ang presentation nya. talaga bang ganun yon o kailangan ko pa talagang i-break in? d kaya may diperensya yung unit ko? di ka ba nanibago at the start after getting used to the LCR-3?

medyo nasanay yata yung tenga ko sa LCR-3 - parang walang nakakawalang detalye doon kahit maliit. i can't seem to get the same performance from the LCR-60. i double checked the polarity of the speakers with good interconnects and ganoon pa din. nasa +5 na nga setting parang mahina at matabang pa rin ang tunog. tried small ang large setting, wala pa rin.

di kaya dahil sa Kevlar yon?

how do i know kung sira? should i use an SPL meter to check kung mahina ang sound pressure?

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Oct 26, 2002 at 10:38 PM »
Tuff: you are using a rotel right ? it might be that the lr60 needs some break-in because its larger and likes more power, then again with the amp you have it shouldn't be a problem, if its ok with the dealer try replacing it and see if you have the same problem, or try using it on either the left and right channel of your amp and see if it still chesty or bland, baka sa center ang problem..hope not  :)

Offline hyperaudio

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Oct 27, 2002 at 06:46 AM »
tuff,
baka hindi gumagana yung tweeter. try removing the link and connect speaker cable to the tweeter terminals only on the speaker.

Offline tuff_u_gong

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Oct 27, 2002 at 05:21 PM »
tuff,
baka hindi gumagana yung tweeter. try removing the link and connect speaker cable to the tweeter terminals only on the speaker.

thanks hyperaudio,

i think you're right. there was hardly any signal when i used the tweeter terminals only.

in principle, can i have my unit replaced? they're brand new and just got them friday of last week?

thanks!

Offline tuff_u_gong

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Oct 27, 2002 at 05:26 PM »
Tuff: you are using a rotel right ? it might be that the lr60 needs some break-in because its larger and likes more power, then again with the amp you have it shouldn't be a problem, if its ok with the dealer try replacing it and see if you have the same problem, or try using it on either the left and right channel of your amp and see if it still chesty or bland, baka sa center ang problem..hope not  :)

i tried replacing the lcr-60 with my left 602s3 fronts and it still sounded bland. the 602s3 worked perfectly well when connected to the left channel. i think hyper's hypothesis is correct so i'll bring the unit to the retailer tomorrow.

thanks john5479!

Offline hyperaudio

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Oct 28, 2002 at 09:03 AM »
tuff,
if you bought it from me, i'll replace it with no questions asked. i'm sure all dealers would do the same. glad to be of help.

Offline mYKi

• Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Oct 28, 2002 at 09:41 AM »
If you connected your 602s3 to the center channel outputs, and it sounded bland too...

then the culprit is not your speaker but your AVR. I'm sure if you connect your LCR60 to the left channel out, the LCR60 will sound great.

Maybe your AVR or DVD player is set to 2-channel mode and not 5.1-channel mode. Maybe lang naman..  :-)

Offline tuff_u_gong

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Oct 28, 2002 at 10:37 AM »
If you connected your 602s3 to the center channel outputs, and it sounded bland too...

then the culprit is not your speaker but your AVR. I'm sure if you connect your LCR60 to the left channel out, the LCR60 will sound great.

Maybe your AVR or DVD player is set to 2-channel mode and not 5.1-channel mode. Maybe lang naman..  :-)

thanks for the concern myki!

OK talaga ang mga members ng pinoydvd !

anyway, i guess my post was a bit confusing. what i meant by "replacing" was that when i plugged my lcr-60 to the amps left, front channel, it still sounded bad. however, when i plugged my left 602s3 speaker to the amps center channel, the highs started to come out. kaya malamang tama si hyper, there's a problem with the LCR-60's tweeter.

i guess that's one setback of taking home a speaker na di pa na break in. hindi mo masabi kung sira o di pa lang na-break-in.

hello hyperaudio,

so what happens in cases like this? will B&W's local distributor replace these defective units and send the bad units to England or do they just repair them here?

sana nga sa'yo ako kumuha. kaya lang i just got the lcr-60 and another item as a replacement for an amp i returned to the retailer. mas magulo yata kasi pag refund.

Offline mYKi

• Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Oct 28, 2002 at 10:52 AM »
ohhhhhh ok.  :-)

Yup, yung center mo nga ang sira. Sa Hometheaterforum.com nga dati may isang person nagrereklamo the same as what you said. No details daw.

After a long series of threads, it turns out that the metal plate connecting the bi-wireable connectors were not connected!!! So, walang signal na pumupunta sa tweeters! hehehehehe

I'm sure they will replace that.

Offline hyperaudio

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Oct 28, 2002 at 01:14 PM »
tuff,
just bring the speaker directly to b&w service center (pro-laser) and look for peter/joey lim. alternatively,
if you don't like to wait, bring the  speaker to me and let's have a look-see on what happened. don't worry, your warranty won't be invalidated. might just be the speaker terminal on the tweeter itself falling off or loosened. these things happen...

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: Oct 29, 2002 at 12:24 AM »
Bunkieboy,

Levi

hi levi (or anyone else who uses the 602s3 and lcr-60 combo)!

i decided to get an LCR-60 late last week. until now i actually still don't like what i hear. parang very chesty and bland ang presentation nya. talaga bang ganun yon o kailangan ko pa talagang i-break in? d kaya may diperensya yung unit ko? di ka ba nanibago at the start after getting used to the LCR-3?

medyo nasanay yata yung tenga ko sa LCR-3 - parang walang nakakawalang detalye doon kahit maliit. i can't seem to get the same performance from the LCR-60. i double checked the polarity of the speakers with good interconnects and ganoon pa din. nasa +5 na nga setting parang mahina at matabang pa rin ang tunog. tried small ang large setting, wala pa rin.

di kaya dahil sa Kevlar yon?

how do i know kung sira? should i use an SPL meter to check kung mahina ang sound pressure?

If they dont want to fix/replace your speaker, you can send an email to [email protected], I think he can help you.

Stephen Baker
>Product Manager
>B&W Loudspeakers UK
>Dale Road
>Worthing
>West Sussex
>BN11 2BH
>Tel:    +44 (0) 1903 221500
>
>[email protected]
>www.bwspeakers.com

Offline tuff_u_gong

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Oct 29, 2002 at 11:16 AM »
  If they dont want to fix/replace your speaker, you can send an email to [email protected], I think he can help you.

Stephen Baker
>Product Manager
>B&W Loudspeakers UK
>Dale Road
>Worthing
>West Sussex
>BN11 2BH
>Tel:    +44 (0) 1903 221500
>
>[email protected]
>www.bwspeakers.com

thanks for this info Levi!

i'll keep these details, just in case.

anyway, went to the retailer last night and found out that the clip joining the lower and upper binding posts was misaligned. they just aligned the clips, tightened the binding posts and...ta da!...the tweeter worked.

tama ka nga hyperaudio! galing mo talaga! goes to show how much experience you have dealing with these problems.

Offline emm

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Nov 04, 2002 at 05:02 PM »
Had my first HT with B&W Speakers last week. Siyempre, I had all my CDs and DVDs lined up for listening and watching. I think i have to believe in breaking in the speakers first before getting the best from them. I noticed that the sound gets better and stronger after listening and watching movies for a day. The bass of 602 S3 really rumbles when needed. Every sound comes out clearly on all speaker channels. LCR60 front delivers good vocals and the 601 S3 gives clear non-localized surround sound. I think its worth buying and listening to music that i used to hear from radios and mini compo. The speaker price is quite high, pero the sound it gives is worth every peso.

Siyangapala, thank you for all the people in this community who gives me light in buying my first HT and B&W speakers. Kudos!!!

emm

Offline cpudle

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Nov 04, 2002 at 05:54 PM »
Hi Emm,

Congrats on your setup. I'm still dreaming of building mine. Can you tell me how much you got the speakers for and where? Thanks.

Offline bunkieboy

• DVD Guru
  • WHAT'S YOUR DYSFUNCTION?
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Nov 04, 2002 at 06:03 PM »
cpudle,

hi! i am also using b&ws. got mine from hyperaudio after going around most of the shops around. he will give you the best price for them ;)

Offline emm

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: Nov 05, 2002 at 10:24 AM »
I got mine at Upscale. The price is the same with other shops but i got good deals with other items.

Offline xinesyss

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Nov 06, 2002 at 06:52 PM »
 Levi,

I have a pair of 602 s2 that i'm selling for P15,000 (including stands worth P4,000). Baka you're interested, balak ko kasi mag-upgrade. But don't be mislead about my move, the 602's are excellent speakers for the money, kaya nga 5 stars cya, and it is very easy to drive with 90db sensitivity.

Hope to hear from you
(Contact No. 0917-5405007)

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: Nov 07, 2002 at 01:12 AM »
Levi,

I have a pair of 602 s2 that i'm selling for P15,000 (including stands worth P4,000). Baka you're interested, balak ko kasi mag-upgrade. But don't be mislead about my move, the 602's are excellent speakers for the money, kaya nga 5 stars cya, and it is very easy to drive with 90db sensitivity.

Hope to hear from you
(Contact No. 0917-5405007)

xinesyss, Welcome to PinoyDVD,

Im using  602 now, thanks for the offer. Do you have other speakers? You can also post your item under Assorted Buy and Sell.

Levi

Offline stradale

• Collector
  • It's better to burn out than to fade away.
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Nov 07, 2002 at 03:09 PM »
Levi,

Its been more than 2 weeks since I registered by B&W speakers online but I have'nt gotten a keychain or interactive CD.  How long did it take to get yours ba?

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Nov 08, 2002 at 01:52 AM »
I registered my 602 2 weeks earlier than my LCR 60 then I got both disks a week after I registered the center speaker. Did you uncheck the option you want to join the raffle? If you joined the raffle then you wont receive a gift. You can also try to email them. Just inform them that you are interested to have a copy of the CD interactive.

Levi

Offline Jermi

• Collector
  • I'm a llamat!
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Nov 08, 2002 at 11:38 AM »
ako, I registered the other day lang, I got an email confirmation almost instantly.  Hope to get my cd soon...BTW, what do you guys cover your speakers with (to fight against dust and alikabok that is..).  Sir Levi, I don't know if there is a thread for "care" of speakers, I believe this post would be more apt there...sorry, I really don't know how to use your search function, I almost always get End of Search.  Nothing found.