Author Topic: The Little Mermaid: Platinum Edition (October 3, 2006)  (Read 12431 times)

Offline jojitv

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Little Mermaid: Platinum Edition (October 3, 2006)
« Reply #90 on: Sep 21, 2006 at 05:01 PM »
what i did was i preordered but i didn't check out yet so the item in my Amazon shopping cart just keeps updating to the current price.   :)

But what if it runs out of stock before you could check out?
SARS!!!

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #91 on: Sep 21, 2006 at 05:02 PM »
my sentiments exactly, i hope they do the same with the Cinderella R3 release. i don't mind a local single disc version of this movie.  ;)

Pero sana gawin na rin nilang two-disc set. Like Nemo, Monsters Inc., Incredibles. But since this is an old movie, most probably nga ay single disc release lang. I wouldn't wait for this title to go on 'sale' for me to buy this.

Offline chinoh151

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Sep 21, 2006 at 05:42 PM »
I also wont wait. Viva usually sells for P900 right?  :)

Offline hubes

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #93 on: Sep 21, 2006 at 05:48 PM »
I also wont wait. Viva usually sells for P900 right?  :)

299 or 199 after few months  ;D

Offline seph1018

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • DVD Guru
  • You are not your DVD/BD collection!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #94 on: Sep 21, 2006 at 08:09 PM »
definitely a must have...getting the R1 but still thinking of getting the R3 for viewing. ;D
... if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #95 on: Sep 22, 2006 at 08:36 AM »
what i did was i preordered but i didn't check out yet so the item in my Amazon shopping cart just keeps updating to the current price.   :)

mine was already checked out, but the price will be adjusted when the preorder item's price is lowered only. if you just keep it in your cart and price goes up, then price on your cart will also go up. well, this is according to their preorder price guarantee  ;D  however im not sure what amazon does when an item is in your cart for days then it runs out of stock.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #96 on: Sep 22, 2006 at 11:00 AM »

The disadvantage of that is if the preorder price goes UP (and that happens frequently), you won't get the lower price from when you saw it.

==========

Exellent new transfer for the film. Sadly, the "Backstage Disney" featurette on the making of the movie is severely lacking. I mean, years ago, the Aladdin documentary ran almost 2 hours, and was full of a lot of trivia and conversations with almost all the voice actors. The Little Mermaid's documentary runs a scant 45 minutes. Interesting, but I wanted (and felt deserved) more from a Platinum Edition. It also doesn't help that there's very little about the making of the actual film on it - it's mostly about how The Little Mermaid basically saved Disney's animation department.

I'm glad to see that although Fantasia 2006 was abruptly cancelled by the studio, they were able to release the already-completed short on Hans Christian Andersen's The Little Match Girl with this set. And a warning to those with emotionally fragile children: Unlike what they did with Mermaid, Disney did not alter the story's bittersweet ending. I was amazed at how they effectively came up with an excellent tearjerker in just 7-minutes.

Disney Magic.  :)

P.S. - On the Disc 2 Easter Egg, the Pinoy animator of Ursula is prominently featured, as is the live action actress they used to animate Ariel. It's quite easy to find. From the "Treasures Untold: The Making of The Little Mermaid" menu, highlight "Act IV: Setting Sail" then hit right on your remote control. A hidden pipe will be highlighted. Click it to access the short animation featurettes mentioned.
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2006 at 11:06 AM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline ranran

• DVD Guru
  • SOUL PATROL!
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Sep 22, 2006 at 05:32 PM »
thanks for the insights, currently i'm still trying to decide whether to buy the R1 or wait and hope for an R3-to-be-released-then-go-on-sale as what usually happens especially with the Cinderella.  as i've mentioned before i don't mind getting an R3 after all the price drop is worth the wait but that is IF there will be an R3 counterpart.  ::) ??? ::)

(parang stock exchange)  :P

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Sep 28, 2006 at 02:50 PM »
my copy was shipped last sept 26... yet oct 3 pa pala release nito. pwde pala yun  ???

Offline ranran

• DVD Guru
  • SOUL PATROL!
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Sep 28, 2006 at 04:27 PM »
may slip case ba sir?  :D

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Sep 28, 2006 at 05:09 PM »
still waiting sir. although it's great that amazon has shipped it before its official release, it's quite frustrating na nde umabot sa cc cutoff ko  :P  ilang araw na lang sana...  :'(

Offline jojitv

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Sep 29, 2006 at 05:59 AM »

I read somewhere that it should have a slipcase. But I think it's just the normal slipcase similar to Mulan and Pocahontas. It's not like the ones which open like a book.  :-\
SARS!!!

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #102 on: Sep 29, 2006 at 05:58 PM »
yup meron...borrowed pics here :)

Offline garfield_3199

• Collector
  • Votre vie vraie est celle que vous avez.
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Sep 29, 2006 at 06:18 PM »
my copy was shipped last sept 26... yet oct 3 pa pala release nito. pwde pala yun  ???

my copy was shipped yesterday, sept 28. I was also glad to learn that it is still under the Pre-order guarantee, such that if the price drops before Oct 3, amazon will give me a refund. ;D

Offline ranran

• DVD Guru
  • SOUL PATROL!
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Sep 29, 2006 at 08:34 PM »
still going...from $16.98, now its $16.87  :D

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Sep 29, 2006 at 11:57 PM »
I think somebody got one from PARC last week pa... complete with picture.  check the latest DVD purchase thread...
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Sep 30, 2006 at 03:20 PM »
Judging from the borrowed pics above, it seems that it's unlike Beauty & The Beast and Aladdin where the slipcases have velcro... am i right?
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Sep 30, 2006 at 07:00 PM »
my copy was shipped yesterday, sept 28. I was also glad to learn that it is still under the Pre-order guarantee, such that if the price drops before Oct 3, amazon will give me a refund. ;D

still under the preorder guarantee  ???  but i was already charged for this...

Judging from the borrowed pics above, it seems that it's unlike Beauty & The Beast and Aladdin where the slipcases have velcro... am i right?

according to Mr Hankey...

No, it does not. :(

It has a regular slipcase that's embossed.

Offline garfield_3199

• Collector
  • Votre vie vraie est celle que vous avez.
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Oct 01, 2006 at 09:28 AM »
i got an email from them that Amazon will issue us a refund if the price drops before Oct 3. And it has!! Its now $14.00+. Siguro they will just send the refund order to our CC.

Offline aldrinpsx

• DVD Guru
  • Region 1 fanatic!!!!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Oct 01, 2006 at 07:49 PM »

Little Mermaid Gift Set - DVD

Includes 4 exclusive pins: Little Mermaid, Flounder, Sebastian & Ursula. One of the most celebrated animated films of all time- and winner of two Academy Awards® (Best Music, Original Score; Best Music, Original Song, "Under the Sea," 1989)- splashes onto an exciting 2-disc DVD with an all-new digital restoration. Ariel, a fun-loving and mischievous mermaid, is off on the adventure of a lifetime with her best friend, the adorable Flounder, and the reggae-singing Caribbean crab Sebastian at her side. But it will take all of her courage and determination to make her dreams come true- and save her father's beloved kingdom from the sneaky sea witch Ursula! Special features: All-new "Kiss the Girl" music video performed by Ashley Tisdale "Under the Sea" adventure- a virtual ride inspired by Disney Imagineering. Experience the theme park ride that was almost built; ride it and go behind the scenes "DisneyPedia: Life Under the Sea"- learn about the real-life animals that inspired the movie characters Never-before-seen deleted scenes Exclusive animated short "The Little Match Girl" "Treasures Untold: The Making of Disney's The Little Mermaid" The Little Mermaid III musical sneak peek.

Another BESTBUY Exclusive.

peace and blessing!!!

Offline ThePatriot

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Oct 01, 2006 at 09:18 PM »

Little Mermaid Gift Set - DVD

Includes 4 exclusive pins: Little Mermaid, Flounder, Sebastian & Ursula. One of the most celebrated animated films of all time- and winner of two Academy Awards® (Best Music, Original Score; Best Music, Original Song, "Under the Sea," 1989)- splashes onto an exciting 2-disc DVD with an all-new digital restoration. Ariel, a fun-loving and mischievous mermaid, is off on the adventure of a lifetime with her best friend, the adorable Flounder, and the reggae-singing Caribbean crab Sebastian at her side. But it will take all of her courage and determination to make her dreams come true- and save her father's beloved kingdom from the sneaky sea witch Ursula! Special features: All-new "Kiss the Girl" music video performed by Ashley Tisdale "Under the Sea" adventure- a virtual ride inspired by Disney Imagineering. Experience the theme park ride that was almost built; ride it and go behind the scenes "DisneyPedia: Life Under the Sea"- learn about the real-life animals that inspired the movie characters Never-before-seen deleted scenes Exclusive animated short "The Little Match Girl" "Treasures Untold: The Making of Disney's The Little Mermaid" The Little Mermaid III musical sneak peek.

Another BESTBUY Exclusive.

peace and blessing!!!

nice aldrin! ang ganda niyan... :) :) :)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Oct 01, 2006 at 09:31 PM »
no lithos?

8)

Offline aldrinpsx

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Oct 01, 2006 at 09:39 PM »
no lithos?

8)

Swars meron... nagkalat nga d2 sa bahay.. lol

http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=34731.msg619406#msg619406

Exclusive Double Feature includes "The Little Mermaid" and Bonus Disc. "The Little Mermaid" - All the music, fun, and excitement under the sea resurface in this magical, special edition of Disney's 28th animated masterpiece. Awash with breathtaking animation, unforgettably colorful characters, and two Academy Awards(R) for score and song, "Under The Sea," "The Little Mermaid" is one of Disney's most cherished films. Ariel, the fun-loving and mischievous mermaid, is enchanted with all things human. Disregarding her father's order to stay away from the world above the sea, she swims to the surface and, in a raging storm, rescues the prince of her dreams. Determined to be human, she strikes a bargain with the devious seawitch, Ursula, and trades her fins and beautiful voice for legs. With her best friend, the adorable and chatty Flounder, and her reluctant chaperone Sebastian, the hilarious, reggae-singing Caribbean crab, at her side, Ariel must win the prince's love and save her father's kingdom - all in a heart-pounding race against time!

WALMART Exclusive.

peace and blessing!!!

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Oct 01, 2006 at 09:53 PM »
puede ba pa-add nito at lithos.. thanks in advance.

8)

Offline aldrinpsx

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Oct 01, 2006 at 10:10 PM »
Wamart price $19.96 b4 taxes...shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;D ;D ;D :-X :-X :-X

peace and blessing!!!

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Oct 01, 2006 at 10:19 PM »

aye, aye sir!

8)

Offline jojitv

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Oct 03, 2006 at 08:25 AM »
now priced $14.99 at Amazon.  ;) ;D
SARS!!!

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Oct 03, 2006 at 08:56 AM »
now priced $14.99 at Amazon.  ;) ;D

got mine at $16.98, and it's currently on delivery. would amazon still issue a refund? according to their preorder price guarantee, they should. anyone who has experienced this?

sayang ung $2 difference  ;D ;D ;D

Offline jojitv

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Oct 03, 2006 at 09:12 AM »
got mine at $16.98, and it's currently on delivery. would amazon still issue a refund? according to their preorder price guarantee, they should. anyone who has experienced this?

sayang ung $2 difference  ;D ;D ;D

My order is on the shipping soon stage so I can't cancel it. But they havn't chagred my credit card yet, so I will have to wait until it gets shipped to see if they will adjust the price or not.  :-\
SARS!!!

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Oct 03, 2006 at 10:00 AM »
Mine was pre-ordered @ $16.98. It so happens that my card had already reached its limit that Amazon had difficulty in charging my card. That's why I was able to cancel my original and placed a new one with the $14.99 using a different card... Now, it's shipping soon. ;D ;) :)
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.