Author Topic: iMAtZ THxEATER  (Read 188356 times)

Offline MAtZTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: MAtZTER's DEN
« Reply #60 on: Sep 26, 2005 at 04:28 PM »
Thanks everyone  :D

erwin: I positioned the dining table that way to create the illusion of a long table. The mirror does make the room look bigger. I visited a similar unit one floor above  and it did feel small w/o the mirror.

FaFa_Roland: Lipat? you got such a nice place there at wackwack towers! siguro sa FORT ka na lilipat  ;D

blitzkrieg: hehehe  :). See you on the next podium sale.

voelker: I tried to be  ;D

jerix: any more pics would be the rest of the house,  will try.   :)

oloap: click here and here
« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2005 at 12:17 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Sep 26, 2005 at 04:39 PM »
FOR CONTRACTORS (calling sir Ranran & Levi)and those constucting their houses. I promised this guy I would recommend him if his works are good. He is a metal fabricator and specializes in stainless steel work. He did the stainless steel of our stairs, kitchen, carpet lining and some at the bathroom. He does a lot of projects for Bench shops and houses in Makati subdivisions. His prices are reasonable.

Here is a sample of his stainless steel quality:

Wood portions were done by our carpenter.

Text him through 09209427839

I will post a few more pics of his work  soon.
« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2005 at 11:40 AM by MAtZTER »

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #62 on: Sep 26, 2005 at 04:59 PM »
matt, maganda! pwede sa bahay yan nina supergirl sa davao, tamang-tama papa-renovate...ayus ka bai! :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline ranran

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • SOUL PATROL!
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Sep 26, 2005 at 10:02 PM »
FOR CONTRACTORS (calling sir Ranran & Levi)and those constucting their houses. I promised this guy I would recommend him if his works are good. He is a metal fabricator and specializes in stainless steel work. He did the stainless steel of our stairs, kitchen, carpet lining and some at the bathroom. He does a lot of projects for Bench shops and houses in subdivisions. His prices are reasonable.

hey thanks MAtZTER, what's the guy's name? pls PM me.  ;)

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Sep 27, 2005 at 11:30 AM »
Superman: I am not sure if he does projects in Davao, but just text him na lang.

Ranran: PMed you.

Sir Sight & Ronjet. Thanks, I have read somewhere that the room makes up 50% of the sound. In my experience that is true, its not just the gears.

My old place (Ronjet mentioned) where I lived temporarily during renovation, was a bare walled 9 sq m. room. When the source is harsh, or when there was reverberation from the subs, ang sakit sa tenga! Now I played the same sources and they have been reduced drastically (reverb reduced to zero) by the DIY room acoustics design. Accoustics helps a lot in improving your system.

Even last night, I was also starting to appreciate the surround capability of the system, which I was never able to maximize in my old place. As I sometimes already sit near the kitchen just to distance myself from the TV  ;D.

I just wanted to share a pic of my old place, I took this pic from the kitchen, near where I sit, so the surrounds were somewhere in front of me ;D:

I will just put all the older pictures in this post (edit 8/1/06)

Sound absorbing acoustic treatment behind the TV

Painstakingly (took sooo long to finish these >:() veneer sliding entrance with acoustic treatment on the inside

« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2006 at 03:09 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline greg

• Collector
  • YEHEY!
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Sep 27, 2005 at 12:39 PM »
nice set-up sir MatZER! I actually like them (old and new) both! ;)
SPINWEB
"Moving businesses online."
http://www.spinweb.ph/

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Sep 28, 2005 at 11:02 AM »
Future location of 2 channel setup. (oh yan Koya Hans). This is the view from our bedroom.

This portion is actually the hallway to the 3rd bedroom but the bedroom was too small, so we appended the 3rd bedroom as our dresser area. Then we put a glass wall in place of the railing and tore down the wall so we could see the stairwell.

Hehe, wala lang privacy, we are still working on it. For now, divider muna (rightmost) ;D.

view at night with blue lights on. It would be cool to have an audio setup with this background  ;)

view from outside at the stairwell, downstairs.

« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2005 at 11:33 AM by MAtZTER »

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Sep 28, 2005 at 11:08 AM »
Galing talaga sino ba Interior Designer mo.. hehehehe :) :)

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Sep 28, 2005 at 12:29 PM »
FOR CONTRACTORS (calling sir Ranran & Levi)and those constucting their houses. I promised this guy I would recommend him if his works are good. He is a metal fabricator and specializes in stainless steel work. He did the stainless steel of our stairs, kitchen, carpet lining and some at the bathroom. He does a lot of projects for Bench shops and houses in Makati subdivisions. His prices are reasonable.

Here is a sample of his stainless steel quality:

Wood portions were done by our carpenter.

Here is another pic of his work in our kitchen, medyo di lang maganda kuha ng camera, I will take another shot later:

Sand blasted stainless steel cladding on all cabinets
« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2005 at 12:31 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline Vhongbiker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • musika atbp.
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Sep 28, 2005 at 12:33 PM »
boss sobrang tulo laway na ako, huhuhu... ;)
makataya nga mamamya ng lotto. hehehe..............  :D
Pray not for a lighter burden,
but for a stronger back....

Offline DVDiva

• Kapitan
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Sep 28, 2005 at 01:18 PM »
Hey cool! We have the same fridge, stove, microwave and rice cooker! ;D You really made it a point to make 'em all match, no? You might wanna check out Area store for more matching kitchen accessories, such as a stainless steel soap dish & liquid soap dispenser set, and cool kitchen towels in sleek designs.

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Sep 28, 2005 at 02:01 PM »
Hey cool! We have the same fridge, stove, microwave and rice cooker! ;D You really made it a point to make 'em all match, no? You might wanna check out Area store for more matching kitchen accessories, such as a stainless steel soap dish & liquid soap dispenser set, and cool kitchen towels in sleek designs.

Thanks for the recommendation ma'am :). We are still trying to fill up the kitchen actually. But I usually shop downtown, there are terrrrific bargains (I am a chronic bargain hunter  :)) there, if you can bear the traffic, parking, heat, etc. I usually go there along with my trips to Raon for HT stuff. Lots & lots of our bathroom accessories and other stuff came from there and we saved a LOT.

Allow me to cite an example (for everyone's benefit ), Take our glass bowl for instance:

It was quoted to me at almost 20k in MC home depot. I got it for less than half that cost downtown. My wife said:"imagine if you already bought that and saw it at that price downtown!".. I know in her mind, she would continue "I will KILL you"  ;D

Yes, I did try to match everything in the kitchen  ;). Ang arte for a guy no?, hehe. black background and stainless steel concept to emphasize the steel.

Cool  :D!  we have the same stuff! The Ariston range was a display unit sale and the Ref was about 8k less expensive sa duty free (told you its chronic  ;D). But I doubt if we have the same Microwave/oven toaster and Rice cooker. They (along with a hoard of appliances) were wedding gifts from my best friend who owns an appliance brand, so these are his samples from his suppliers. Maybe you are using a GE microwave cuz that supplier also does microwave ovens for GE. So we might be the same, wala lang brand yung amin, hehe.

Hope you wont mind my long stories ma'am, I am just sharing about bargain hunting.. also for other member's sake  :)
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2005 at 11:39 AM by MAtZTER »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Sep 28, 2005 at 02:13 PM »
Galing talaga sino ba Interior Designer mo.. hehehehe :) :)

AKO, ako, puro na lang ako...

ang designer, contractor, supervisor, project manager, purchaser, tiga buhat ng materials...

for my boss...

si Missis Matz (accounting dept)  ;D

« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2005 at 12:36 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline Oloap

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #73 on: Sep 28, 2005 at 02:14 PM »
Saludo ako sa yo Matz. Tindi mo sa bargain-hunting. I normally rely on friends' recommendations where to buy stuff. I know its cheaper to buy in binondo, but i dont have the guts to brave the traffic. Napipikon ako e, though once there, i love walking around. Mura talaga. Dapat nga lang alam mo presyo sa MC.

Is binondo the downtown you are talking about or is it a store named downtown?

Offline DVDiva

• Kapitan
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Sep 28, 2005 at 02:23 PM »
Maybe you are using a GE microwave cuz that supplier also does microwave ovens for GE.

Yup, it is a GE. :) The ref is a Whirlpool. But our stove pala is Elba, they kinda look the same in the picture.

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Sep 28, 2005 at 03:00 PM »
oloap: Yes, I was referring to Binondo. I wouldnt mind the traffic and the parking if I was gonna save thousands. Napipikon din ako, but more important is saving money.

Yup, it is a GE. :) The ref is a Whirlpool. But our stove pala is Elba, they kinda look the same in the picture.

Wow ma'am, you use the finest brands in stainless steel appliances  :). GE & ELBA are expensive brands. We have a big stainless steel Elba stove also, but an old 90's model, bigay ng sister ko. We couldnt use it so its just in my office storage. But I was shocked when I tried to ask how much a new one was. Whew mahal! We are using an Elba range hood now, (free din  :D, bigay lang) but its motor conked out. Its under repair ,so for now its actually there in the pic for display purpose. ;D

Did you know that the hinge of our whirlpool ref is reversible  :)? I only realized that when we were measuring the space for the ref and it didnt fit if it was to open the regular way (it was gona hit the wall). So we had it reversed, you could also extend your warranty by one more year for a fee. And they will reverse the ref hinge for free..

Cheers  :)
« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2005 at 03:06 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #76 on: Sep 28, 2005 at 03:43 PM »
matt, i better visit your place and take pictures...then show it to supergirl...thanks!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline old_age

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Addict
  • "keep off the grass especially when wet"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #77 on: Sep 28, 2005 at 08:33 PM »
di lang pang-home theater ang ganda, pang-over all interior pa!

di na ko masosorpresa if one of these days, ma-feature sa Feel at Home yan or sa Home Decors mags.

let me check nga my connections sa media....
La Germania Single Burner
Panasonic Washing Machine
Hanabishi Floorstanding Electric Fan

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Sep 29, 2005 at 04:03 PM »
AKO, ako, puro na lang ako...

ang designer, contractor, supervisor, project manager, purchaser, tiga buhat ng materials...

for my boss...

si Missis Matz (accounting dept)  ;D

Wow sarap nyan own design kasi hirap pag meron kang ibang designer iba taste nya. :)

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Sep 30, 2005 at 04:44 PM »
Masarap talaga, kasi pag may designer = may BAYAD. Pag ikaw ang designer, FREE of charge... ;D

New Age & Greg: Thanks Bros. :)
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2005 at 12:27 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Oct 06, 2005 at 03:50 PM »
Matt,

Finally nakita ko and heard it iba talaga dedicated HT and Audio room.. Congrats talaga Maximized and Detailed to the max ang ginawa mo sir..

Thanks for the warm hospitality and regards to kumander na very very supportive sa yo!!

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Oct 06, 2005 at 04:25 PM »
Last night's guests:

Kaninong tiyan yun?  ;D

Anyway, thanks bro, I appreciate you guys dropping by and teaching me a bit more about audio & stuff. I will be telling my wife about how to look for the "soundstage" with the matching "hipo"  ;D that you taught.

Thanks to New Age & Hans for fixing my speaker position and bringing those cables and amps,  thanks to Jetok too.

I had fun and I learned a lot from you guys too.

Galing talaga ng super modified  Duntonic amp ni Ice Age...este New Age pala.

« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2005 at 04:31 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline shuttertrigger

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 1, 2, 3 say Kimchi!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 657
« Reply #82 on: Oct 06, 2005 at 04:36 PM »
sir Matz, post naman ng mga pics na kita ang mga kaguwapuhan nyo... ;D
Hey, that's my bike!

Offline Platinum

• Trade Count: (+185)
  • Collector
  • Happy with what I have, working for what I want...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #83 on: Oct 06, 2005 at 04:42 PM »
Sir Matz,
Paano mo napagkasya lahat yan sa CGS? Combined 2-units ba yan?
Husay mong magplano at magbudget kung sa one-unit yan! HT at living area?
Great idea! Two thumbs up Bossing. D ka lang pampamilya, pang sports pa!
Learned a lot from your posts. -Platinum
Enjoy what you have!

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Oct 06, 2005 at 04:56 PM »
Sir Matz,
Paano mo napagkasya lahat yan sa CGS? Combined 2-units ba yan?
Husay mong magplano at magbudget kung sa one-unit yan! HT at living area?
Great idea! Two thumbs up Bossing. D ka lang pampamilya, pang sports pa!
Learned a lot from your posts. -Platinum

I am very happy to hear that you learned from the posts, minsan iniisip ko, nahihiya ako dahil sobrang haba ng mga kwento ko sa post, pero alam ko people can learn from it, so sige type na lang ng type  :).

This is a single 3 bedroom unit , center unit near the elevator. We turned it into a 2 bedroom unit by annexing the 3rd bedroom into the master bedroom, super sikip na kasi. But technically, it still is a 3 bedroom unit, the HT area also now serves as a guestroom, we will be having some guests who will go with us to Baguio sleep over tonight in the HT room.

I have always wished for a combined unit, I would have designed more freely given the bigger space it had, but this was the only unit available before we got married. Sold out na kasi halos lahat. To buy 2 adjacent 2-br units and to renovate them with a HT room would be soooo wonderful! I have the plan in my head now.... ::).

Its actually the passion for HT that drove me to really squeeze a HT area into this tiny place. Of course approval ni missis was part of the equation  :).

"D ka lang pampamilya, pang sports pa!" ...Haha... thanks bro, natawa ako dyan ah.  ;)

sir Matz, post naman ng mga pics na kita ang mga kaguwapuhan nyo... ;D

Wag na po koya! ok na sa akin na ikaw lang ang nakakaalam  nun ;)
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2005 at 05:12 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline old_age

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Oct 06, 2005 at 08:18 PM »
thanks so much too matzter for your and your wife's  hospitality...it was a very educating evening.  your condo unit is lovely, well planned up to the smallest details...paligo next time. ;D

got the cds na... and i hope you like them specially Fourplay's Elixir, the best album for me.

good idea nga matzter, palitan ko na handle ko to Ice Age.... pag nakabili na rin ako ng labindalawang Ice Age dvds, labindalawang The Incredibles at tatlong Finding Nemo, gagawin ko ring diffuser!  :o
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2005 at 08:27 PM by new_age »

Offline ronjet

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 98
« Reply #86 on: Oct 10, 2005 at 07:43 AM »
sir MATzter, kamusta na po bago nyong projector? 8) ;D :D nandyan na b? hehe..inaantay ko kasi to.hehe..excited makita sa pic. :)

...and..out of curiosity,ano kaya to tinuro sa inyo na pano mahanap ang magandang "soundstage" with the matching "hipo".  ;)

Offline vvt-i

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Oct 10, 2005 at 08:54 AM »
matzter,

thanks for the hospitalityand touring us around your cozy place. medyo delayed kasi ngayon lang ulit ako nag-online. thanks din sa wife mo na pinagmamalaki na rin hobby mo sa friends nya.  :)

next time ht naman tayo.  :)

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Oct 10, 2005 at 11:48 AM »
10/7/05 Changed my Audio pro 16 awg wire, used for bi-wiring to the HF of the M34, into the Ecosse2.3. As recommended by my good friend New Age, who bi-wires both HF and LF with Ecosse2.3! (WOW!).

Still listening to the differences. Will post my observations after a week.

thanks so much too matzter for your and your wife's  hospitality...it was a very educating evening.  your condo unit is lovely, well planned up to the smallest details...paligo next time. ;D

Thanks, and you are most welcome. I am glad you liked the bathroom  :D. It was also a blast sharing our funny construction blooper stories with you. It was a very educating evening indeed...especially for me. Thanks for all the audio gadgets & gizmos you brought and specially all the HT/audio knowledge you shared!

PS, grabe, sobrang hirap tanggalin ng balat ng Ecosse2.3! took me several hours to do it...

thanks for the hospitality and touring us around your cozy place. medyo delayed kasi ngayon lang ulit ako nag-online. thanks din sa wife mo na pinagmamalaki na rin hobby mo sa friends nya. :)

next time ht naman tayo. :)

You are welcome bro, next time HT nga tayo, schedule na yan. As for audio, my wife reported to me that she could not hear our loud audio session below from our room. So the insulation works (great news)! Ewan ko na lang pag HT ;D.

Bro, kelan mo ipo-post yung pics ng Triangle floorstander setup mo? Parinig naman dyan, neighbor!  :D
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2005 at 03:24 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline old_age

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Oct 10, 2005 at 09:04 PM »
Hey Matzter,

you can borrow my Ecos CS2.3 anytime ha, or any of my gears.... di ako madamot..... para ma-evaluate mo maigi ang difference... text mo lang ko.

regards dude!