Author Topic: T-amp Discussion Thread  (Read 293921 times)

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 134
Re: enlightenment with T amps pros vs. cons
« Reply #1110 on: Dec 04, 2010 at 12:16 PM »
@kemozavi: Thank you for your reply. post ka naman ng pics ng laptop setup mo ngyn. or nasa youtube ba? Txt kita pag bibili ako ng t amp for a separate simple audio setup!

@Euphony101:

Thank you for your input! Will be buying a receiver for my pc. as it is more cost effective.

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1111 on: Dec 04, 2010 at 02:48 PM »
Just to answer your query re pros and cons id say the biggest drawback definitely is the power handling       ( Dayton DTA-1 ) you can get to decent volumes but definitely not cinematic, other than that cant really think of anything else, some positive points are cheaper electricity, small footprint, AMAZING soundtracks and clear conversations...

i am ordering a set of Shure calss T amp, i think this issue is psu related, remember that power rating for T-amps will depend a lot on your power supply, give your T-amp a psu that it deserves and i believe it will go places.... ;D
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline kemozavi

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.soundsolutionsph.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #1112 on: Dec 04, 2010 at 06:57 PM »
i am ordering a set of Shure calss T amp, i think this issue is psu related, remember that power rating for T-amps will depend a lot on your power supply, give your T-amp a psu that it deserves and i believe it will go places.... ;D

I totally agree with you sir TonyT... ;)

Offline allan1836

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1113 on: Dec 07, 2010 at 08:10 AM »
Sir, with regards to sure class t amp, it's says na up to around 30v need nyang power supply to maximize it's potentials, where can we get a commercial type plug and play 30v psu? Or is it a diy thing lang. Tnx  :)

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1114 on: Dec 07, 2010 at 08:25 AM »
Sir, with regards to sure class t amp, it's says na up to around 30v need nyang power supply to maximize it's potentials, where can we get a commercial type plug and play 30v psu? Or is it a diy thing lang. Tnx  :)

found one at E-Gizmo, http://www.e-gizmo.com/pmaster.php?dpage=PRODUCT/ELECTRO/ADAPTER.HTM

item number item no: 77011768, FDPS-240A,
type: Switch Mode
Input: 110/220VAC
Output Voltage: 24VDC Regulated
Output Current: 10A max
Price: P1890.00
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline allan1836

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Re: T-amp Discussion Thread
« Reply #1115 on: Dec 07, 2010 at 08:46 AM »
Wow, thanks for fast reply sir! Will check this one out.  :)

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1116 on: Dec 07, 2010 at 08:54 AM »
i am also designing an EI traffo based psu, but my calculations indicate that it is going to be more expensive, so i would go for the smps type psu solution....

Offline kemozavi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1117 on: Dec 07, 2010 at 05:12 PM »
found one at E-Gizmo, http://www.e-gizmo.com/pmaster.php?dpage=PRODUCT/ELECTRO/ADAPTER.HTM

item number item no: 77011768, FDPS-240A,
type: Switch Mode
Input: 110/220VAC
Output Voltage: 24VDC Regulated
Output Current: 10A max
Price: P1890.00

This is a good find Tony, thanks for that...

Offline pupuek

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • A pupu a day is seven pupus a week
  • Liked:
« Reply #1118 on: Dec 08, 2010 at 01:40 PM »
Hello!

Just wondering if any of these are good..
MUSE MK2
MUSE EX2
ORDO
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2010 at 02:24 PM by pupuek »

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1119 on: Dec 09, 2010 at 05:51 PM »
Hello!

Just wondering if any of these are good..
MUSE MK2
MUSE EX2
ORDO

looks yummy........ ;D

Offline molins

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1120 on: Dec 10, 2010 at 03:33 PM »
i am also designing an EI traffo based psu, but my calculations indicate that it is going to be more expensive, so i would go for the smps type psu solution....

What the difference between EI traffo based psu and smps type psu? and the diiference it will make to a t-amp sound like sure? ;D thanks

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1121 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 06:46 AM »
What the difference between EI traffo based psu and smps type psu? and the diiference it will make to a t-amp sound like sure? ;D thanks

the EI traffo based psu will be a lot heavier about 4 to 5 times heavier, will have higher ripple voltage and poor regulation, the smps will be lighter, lower ripple and better regulation.

cost will be about the same, you can get two 300 watter branded atx psu's put the 12volt rails in series and you are good to go, this is the cheapest solution i can think of.....

if you opt for the EI traffo solution, you will need at least a 300VA power traffo, with a 22volt x 12 amp secondary, a 35ampere FWB rectifier, and about 4 x 4700ufd/50volts electrolytic caps, 1 x 470ufd electrolytic cap, and 1 x 0.47uf/film type cap.

sound will be determined by low ripple and good regulation.....

Offline molins

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1122 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 06:59 AM »
the EI traffo based psu will be a lot heavier about 4 to 5 times heavier, will have higher ripple voltage and poor regulation, the smps will be lighter, lower ripple and better regulation.

cost will be about the same, you can get two 300 watter branded atx psu's put the 12volt rails in series and you are good to go, this is the cheapest solution i can think of.....

if you opt for the EI traffo solution, you will need at least a 300VA power traffo, with a 22volt x 12 amp secondary, a 35ampere FWB rectifier, and about 4 x 4700ufd/50volts electrolytic caps, 1 x 470ufd electrolytic cap, and 1 x 0.47uf/film type cap.

thanks for that sir TonyT, wala kasi ako makita dito sa amin na ready made PSU, so EI traffo is the solution,

saan ba pwede makakuha ng schematic for EI traffo? salamat

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1123 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 07:13 AM »
if you want to go EI, get the biggest 12-0-12 traffo you can afford, traffos is Raon will be over rated anyway...

Offline catrow23

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1124 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 10:45 AM »

Sir Tony, I agree with you. I tried to drive this Tamp with this..http://chnbest.en.made-in-china.com/product/CbOQzUBAZEid/China-Switching-Power-Supply-BS-240W-.html using a 12V-20A SMPS ..you can hear the big difference since output gain has 8db more than usual. Plus I got all the flat frequencies I needed to drive my NS 10. On the practical side, power supply that I used is almost the same cost as the amp itself..balik na lang ako sa GC..he he

Offline kemozavi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1125 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 05:44 PM »

Sir Tony diba may over current protection yung Sure T AMP? ilang amps maximum pwede ifeed? e yung ta2024 ilang amps ang safe na ifeed na maximum?

thanks! ;D

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1126 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 07:29 PM »
Sir Tony, I agree with you. I tried to drive this Tamp with this..http://chnbest.en.made-in-china.com/product/CbOQzUBAZEid/China-Switching-Power-Supply-BS-240W-.html using a 12V-20A SMPS ..you can hear the big difference since output gain has 8db more than usual. Plus I got all the flat frequencies I needed to drive my NS 10. On the practical side, power supply that I used is almost the same cost as the amp itself..balik na lang ako sa GC..he he

that 24v/10amp psu looks very much similar to the one sold at e-gizmo......

up to a certain level using a smaller psu and that psu, the sound may not be all that different in terms of level, the difference will be when delivering transients and loud passages, this is where the big psu excels....

imho..any amp can only be as good as its psu....if that module cost almost 3000 pesos, i will be more than willing to spend the same amount on the psu.... ;D

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1127 on: Dec 11, 2010 at 07:36 PM »
Sir Tony diba may over current protection yung Sure T AMP? ilang amps maximum pwede ifeed? e yung ta2024 ilang amps ang safe na ifeed na maximum?

thanks! ;D

i am going by the specs of the Sure amp itself, 200watts with say an efficiency of about 85% will require a psu of about 240watts, that is why that psu from E-Gizmo surely fits the bill....current draw will depend on program material and how loud you are going to play this amp, and of course the speakers that will be driven by this amp....

i am looking for documentation on this amp, i am busy with something else at the moment....

but you can even use some of these laptop psu's, just observe proper polarity....

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1128 on: Dec 13, 2010 at 06:33 AM »

Offline molins

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1129 on: Dec 17, 2010 at 08:36 AM »
walang magawa sa weekend, kaya gumawa ako ng bahay  ;D, pinakamura!

Bestfriends  ;D

initial impression: I find it better than the smaller t-amp, pronounced bass and powerful! ;)

next project alexg's mod  ;D

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1130 on: Dec 17, 2010 at 04:47 PM »
hi molins, good job..... ;)

i've just been to Sulimco Metals beside Aranque market and bought a 15inch x 37 inch, gage16 aluminum sheet, then accross the street for cutting, bending and forming....the aluminum costs 572 pesos and forming costs 600, i got myself 3 chassis for 2 tube amps and this T amp...

tommorow will be drilling and cutting......will post pictures of my T-amp early next week....

Offline kemozavi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1131 on: Dec 17, 2010 at 08:41 PM »
walang magawa sa weekend, kaya gumawa ako ng bahay  ;D, pinakamura!

Bestfriends  ;D

initial impression: I find it better than the smaller t-amp, pronounced bass and powerful! ;)

next project alexg's mod  ;D

Rommel ang ganda naman niyan! didnt know na DIYer karin pala! ;)

ano gamit mong Power supply?

Offline molins

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1132 on: Dec 18, 2010 at 06:04 AM »
Rommel ang ganda naman niyan! didnt know na DIYer karin pala! Wink

ano gamit mong Power supply?

thanks sir Ivan, experiment pa lang, praktis muna,  ;D, im using the stock psu of dayton t-amp, or my laptop's psu, enjoy muna, then upgrade next time, so far the power is enough to fill an average room, superb talaga  ;)

Offline bayonic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1133 on: Jan 11, 2011 at 11:16 PM »
may Sonic T-Amp finally drew its last breath ...
i have not opened it yet for possible repair but would like to know where I can buy a T-Amp in Manila.

tia

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 806
« Reply #1134 on: Jan 12, 2011 at 05:39 AM »
may Sonic T-Amp finally drew its last breath ...
i have not opened it yet for possible repair but would like to know where I can buy a T-Amp in Manila.

tia

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,116980.0.html
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Ghtanalyst

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1135 on: Jan 26, 2011 at 10:30 AM »
Gurus,

What is the best way to connect a powered subwoofer to the t-amp?

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #1136 on: Jan 26, 2011 at 10:37 AM »
Gurus,

What is the best way to connect a powered subwoofer to the t-amp?

use the speaker level terminals of the subwoofer.

t-amp > subwoofer speaker level terminals (input)

subwoofer level terminals (output) > "satellite" speakers

tama ba?  ::)

Offline Ghtanalyst

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1137 on: Jan 26, 2011 at 12:26 PM »
I see. But my Sub doesnt have a

use the speaker level terminals of the subwoofer.

t-amp > subwoofer speaker level terminals (input)

subwoofer level terminals (output) > "satellite" speakers

tama ba?  ::)

Sir,
my sub doesnt have output. only lfe input. +-R and +-L  input and RCA mono input (Mirage Omni S8).

This will not do harm to my T-Amp(lepai)?

I am currently spliting the source < tamp
                                              < Omni S8 (filter on) (using mono RCA )

But i dont know if this is optimal.

Thanks a lot.

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1138 on: Jan 26, 2011 at 12:43 PM »
I see. But my Sub doesnt have a

Sir,
my sub doesnt have output. only lfe input. +-R and +-L  input and RCA mono input (Mirage Omni S8).

This will not do harm to my T-Amp(lepai)?

I am currently spliting the source < tamp
                                              < Omni S8 (filter on) (using mono RCA )

But i dont know if this is optimal.

Thanks a lot.

mukang ok lang, y-splitter naman yata mula sa source papunta sa t-amp at sub.

walang speaker level input/output? check ko later sa google sub mo.

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1139 on: Jan 26, 2011 at 12:48 PM »
teka-teka >>> pls check your sub and manual>>>

Rear high- and low-level inputs increase connection flexibility
http://www.miragespeakers.com/na-en/products/omni-s8-overview/

basta huwag mo pagsabayin na konektado ang high and low level inputs ha...