Author Topic: T-amp Discussion Thread  (Read 294351 times)

Offline Gino

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Audiophiliac
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: T-amp Discussion Thread
« Reply #1290 on: Aug 14, 2011 at 07:50 PM »
How about the t-amps with usb inputs posted above?

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #1291 on: Aug 14, 2011 at 09:12 PM »
If the usb sound chip is properly implemented and that jitter is minimized at a very low level then I believe it can sound good.

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #1292 on: Aug 14, 2011 at 09:54 PM »

Even if it wasn't that good, I bet it'd still be cleaner-sounding than the MacBook Air's headphone out (unless the product is that bad). Imho, Macs have fairly decent amplification on the onboard sound when compared to low cost pc notebooks and netbooks (even if they use the same chips for audio). However, they're still more prone to noise from the other components and the power supply, when compared to external sound devices (including very simple ones like these).

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
« Reply #1293 on: Aug 14, 2011 at 11:16 PM »
Maganda tlaga TP10 MK4. Actually bago namin sya nabili ni sir rascal ang dami nakapila na iba't ibang T amps
Hinahatak lang ung connections sa likod then plug naman sa kabilang unit. nde naman kmi nahirapan mamili dahil iba talaga ang SQ ng TA2024  ;D

sir na try nyo po Topping TP22 sa shop?

Offline xtian_lugz

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • OB-one!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1294 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 12:13 AM »
sir na try nyo po Topping TP22 sa shop?

uy! TP22 ha! ;D hehe wala pa ung TP10 mo may plano ka na agad!
In God we trust!

Offline shoktongxxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1295 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 01:27 AM »
uy! TP22 ha! ;D hehe wala pa ung TP10 mo may plano ka na agad!
hahaha.. ;D  ::)
kasalanan mo to eh.hehehe. ;)

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #1296 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 05:28 AM »
naku andami pa palang t-amps na di pa narerelease sa pinas. lalo pa humirap mamili. but thanks to all those who gave their inputs. hopefully ma audition ko sila and decide for myself. can't wait to start my energy effficient 2 channel setup

Offline Gino

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Audiophiliac
  • Liked:
« Reply #1297 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 08:15 AM »
Thanks for the input. I'll contact my manufacturer on my options.

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #1298 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 10:23 AM »
Maganda tlaga TP10 MK4. Actually bago namin sya nabili ni sir rascal ang dami nakapila na iba't ibang T amps
Hinahatak lang ung connections sa likod then plug naman sa kabilang unit. nde naman kmi nahirapan mamili dahil iba talaga ang SQ ng TA2024  ;D

Then we proceed sa ibang shop to look for a speaker. Nakita namin ung 4" na full range nka hooked sa 300B SET nagandahan agad si sir rascal according sa owner ng shop 97dB daw  :) then we ask na i set-up ung TP10
Napa-iling nlng ung may ari ng shop parang ung 300B pa rin ung tumutunog...

Napabili tuloy ng speaker si sir rascal ;D

di na nakakapagtaka. kung tama ang alala ko, sa mga reviews ng orig. s.i. ta2024 t-amp naikumpara ito sa tunog ng SE tube amp.

Offline shrek7

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Guru
  • God First! Family Second! Audio Third!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #1299 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 05:19 PM »
di na nakakapagtaka. kung tama ang alala ko, sa mga reviews ng orig. s.i. ta2024 t-amp naikumpara ito sa tunog ng SE tube amp.

+1  ;D

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1300 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 06:06 PM »
+1  ;D

eto stock orig.s.i.t-amp pa lang. sure yun mga bagong ta2024 t-amps mas maganda.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/sonicimpact/t_3.html

Now, here's the deal: If I blindfolded you and had you listen to the amps in my collection right now -- the Almarro EL84 SEP stereo integrated with its punchy pace & rhythm and slightly dark & warm but naturally detailed soundstage; the emotive and musical Fi 2A3 SET monoblocks with their open, relaxed, dynamic and detailed sound; and the Yamamoto 45 SET stereo amplifier with its clean, clear, spacious, über-detailed and artfully musical sound -- and if after that, I slipped the T-amp into the mix and asked you to comment on its sound... what do you think you'd say? I guess it'd be close to what Bill said: "Its sonic signature reminds me most of the Yamamoto 45. It is clean-sounding with lots of detail and decent rhythm and pace. Not quite as smooth and musical but very good." When I told Bill and Pete that the T-amp cost a mere $39, they were flabbergasted. After I placed the T-amp into Bill's hands so he could "look" at it, he burst out in a marvelous laughter over its combination of light weight, small size and heavyweight performance.

...The Almarro, Fi and Yamamoto all play music wonderfully well, sound terrific and are relatively expensive. The Fi costs almost 100 x what you can buy a T-amp for over the Internet. Yet the little T-amp is not put to shame by any of them in its sound quality and ability to play music. I almost hesitate to confess that because I predict that some people will find it hard to swallow. But that's the way it is.
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2011 at 06:59 PM by ojofool »

Offline sound garden

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1301 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 06:47 PM »

+100000000000
Clarity, detail, accuracy, and realism are unmatched....

Offline shrek7

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1302 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 08:16 PM »
eto stock orig.s.i.t-amp pa lang. sure yun mga bagong ta2024 t-amps mas maganda.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/sonicimpact/t_3.html

Now, here's the deal: If I blindfolded you and had you listen to the amps in my collection right now -- the Almarro EL84 SEP stereo integrated with its punchy pace & rhythm and slightly dark & warm but naturally detailed soundstage; the emotive and musical Fi 2A3 SET monoblocks with their open, relaxed, dynamic and detailed sound; and the Yamamoto 45 SET stereo amplifier with its clean, clear, spacious, über-detailed and artfully musical sound -- and if after that, I slipped the T-amp into the mix and asked you to comment on its sound... what do you think you'd say? I guess it'd be close to what Bill said: "Its sonic signature reminds me most of the Yamamoto 45. It is clean-sounding with lots of detail and decent rhythm and pace. Not quite as smooth and musical but very good." When I told Bill and Pete that the T-amp cost a mere $39, they were flabbergasted. After I placed the T-amp into Bill's hands so he could "look" at it, he burst out in a marvelous laughter over its combination of light weight, small size and heavyweight performance.

...The Almarro, Fi and Yamamoto all play music wonderfully well, sound terrific and are relatively expensive. The Fi costs almost 100 x what you can buy a T-amp for over the Internet. Yet the little T-amp is not put to shame by any of them in its sound quality and ability to play music. I almost hesitate to confess that because I predict that some people will find it hard to swallow. But that's the way it is.

T-amps  really sounds hi-end, I have an almarro clone before, with 6c33c-b tubes , silver-gold in oil mundorf caps, ecc88 siemens gold pin and almost all electrolytic caps are bypassed by mundorf mcap. very good amplifier, and I bet it will kick any amp with a 300b tube (not all), but funny how it seems, I settled on a t-amp, dont get me wrong, my SET amp really sounds good,(and it really kicks ass!) but the only difference it has over the T-amp is the warmth and a bit of dynamics. so I thought, why not buy a good T-amp and make it better? And thats what I did! and the result? oooooooooh yeah! but offcourse theres the t-bug that bit me (TBAG-temple bantam) another upgrade I guess.... hehehehe!!!  ;D

I almost hesitate to confess that because I predict that some people will find it hard to swallow. But that's the way it is.
napa swallow na ako.... and its really hard...
;D ;D ::) ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2011 at 08:21 PM by shrek7 »

Offline xtian_lugz

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • OB-one!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1303 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 09:21 PM »
I must admit T amps are really really good! Specially the 2024.. Though I have my main rig but I listen to my T amp set up most of the time w/o even realizing it.. ;D its soooo good and addictive it makes me want to sell my main rig to buy an audio note AN J for my T amp.. :) perfect for low powered goodness!
In God we trust!

Offline squatt3r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Advanced Micro Devices fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #1304 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 11:06 PM »
grabe sa details tong T amps! dun sa mga simpleng mp3s may mga details na ngayon ko lang narinig!

Offline shoktongxxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1305 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 11:41 PM »
grabe sa details tong T amps! dun sa mga simpleng mp3s may mga details na ngayon ko lang narinig!
congrats sir may I know kung anong brand model ng T amp mo? :)

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1306 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 11:43 PM »
http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/union1207/union.html

Adya Tripathi's corporation goes bankrupt. Cirrus Logic acquires its assets and Tripath amps go from strength to strength.

This returns us full circle. D-class, in certain implementations, has achieved surprising maturity. Tube lovers exposed to them agree how these amps bridge the old polarization of transistors and tubes. That neither means all class D amps sound the same nor that some of them sound 'like' tubes. What it does mean is that they can offer many of the good qualities of tubes together with core aspects of transistors. For the experimenters among us, it's fortunate that the market now offers quite the choice of low-power amps and the necessary speakers to go with them. It makes audio polygamy financially feasible for more of us. Thus spaketh Harem Baba...

Offline squatt3r

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1307 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 11:53 PM »
congrats sir may I know kung anong brand model ng T amp mo? :)

bumili ako ng assembled T amp module and SMPS ayon sa mga nabasa ko sa diyaudio. tapos binuo ko na lang sa casing. konting solder lang.

Offline shoktongxxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1308 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 11:57 PM »
bumili ako ng assembled T amp module and SMPS ayon sa mga nabasa ko sa diyaudio. tapos binuo ko na lang sa casing. konting solder lang.
nice! :) sana ako rin marunong mag buo ng T amp module.. congrats sir.  ;)

Offline monreq

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • DVD Guru
  • Only a deaf can't distinguish good from bad audio.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1309 on: Aug 16, 2011 at 01:26 AM »
My Tamp is now complete! Next steps: Gigaworks DAC + markaudio FR speakers

Wow! Materyales Fuertes naman ng Tripath mo.  Bro.if you are still in Cavite hope we can hear that.  I am in Pag Asa Phase 1, Molino  near Camella.... I can visit you if you are available and ok with your family. :)
"LEARNING is a NEVER ENDING process.  Only a FOOL will say he already knows everything."

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1310 on: Aug 16, 2011 at 01:26 AM »

ayos! :)

konting history/trivia

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2005/1003/067.html

A $39 amplifier blows away audio gear costing thousands of dollars. Its makers were the last to know

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1311 on: Aug 16, 2011 at 01:38 AM »
Yes indeed.  That is why I am addicted to it and also very matipid sa kuryente. :)
"LEARNING is a NEVER ENDING process.  Only a FOOL will say he already knows everything."

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Re: T-amp Discussion Thread --- Dayton DTA 100a Video
« Reply #1312 on: Aug 16, 2011 at 02:03 AM »
This is my video of Dayton DTA 100a which I got from Ivan (a.k.a Kemozavi) last Saturday August 13, 2011.  After an all day break in period estimated 8hours.  In other words, not yet fully broken in up to this date I posted the You Tube video.

I only upgraded the DC Power Cap with Evox Rifa PEH 169 2200uf.  I chose this cap for its sweet detailed character.

Here is the You Tube Video link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgsyO8h2aPg

I am hoping the SQ will improve better as I continue the breaking in period.  So far, I agree with Carl (a.k.a Xtian_lugz) why he loves Dayton DTA 100a.  Also, will try Topping TP22 in the future. ;)
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2011 at 03:04 AM by monreq »

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1313 on: Aug 16, 2011 at 02:28 AM »
Quote from: ojofool

ayos! :)

konting history/trivia

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2005/1003/067.html

A $39 amplifier blows away audio gear costing thousands of dollars. Its makers were the last to know

+1M.  If only people will always use their ears in audio and concentrate on the music played or rather, how it was really played in recording studio or live recording, they will love the Tripath Amp.  You will just modify a little and there you go, enjoying music with gusto without worrying monthly electric bill expenses.  I played back various Pearl Jam albums and I can hear details and differences of each album recordings.  Either you use mp3, laptop, cdp, USB Turntable, and cellphones, tripath amp will bring the musical performers in front of you.

If you are short of budget or have a lovely wife who hates spending on audio, tripath amp is the answer and D.I.Y.  As for me, I am contented with DC Power Cap upgrade and Mel's (a.k.a rascal101 who is starting to save lots of money in abroad) tweaks such as Choke, resistors, will have a very good SQ.  You can hear that some artists have some flaws on performing their music.  It is an advantage for us listeners, if we listen to music deeply. :)
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2011 at 02:31 AM by monreq »

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1314 on: Aug 16, 2011 at 02:54 AM »
Quote from: shrek7
T-amps  really sounds hi-end, I have an almarro clone before, with 6c33c-b tubes , silver-gold in oil mundorf caps, ecc88 siemens gold pin and almost all electrolytic caps are bypassed by mundorf mcap. very good amplifier, and I bet it will kick any amp with a 300b tube (not all), but funny how it seems, I settled on a t-amp, dont get me wrong, my SET amp really sounds good,(and it really kicks ass!) but the only difference it has over the T-amp is the warmth and a bit of dynamics. so I thought, why not buy a good T-amp and make it better? And thats what I did! and the result? oooooooooh yeah! but offcourse theres the t-bug that bit me (TBAG-temple bantam) another upgrade I guess.... hehehehe!!!  ;D

I almost hesitate to confess that because I predict that some people will find it hard to swallow. But that's the way it is.
napa swallow na ako.... and its really hard...
;D ;D ::) ;D ;D
Agree all the way with Sidny...  details and transparency are what I am after with tripath amp.  I compared it side by side with Tube and other HI End SS, the details are really great.  Yes, the tripath has its weaknesses.  But doing some upgrades and modifications will make tripath amp a total performer for all types of music.  If you love details and transparency ...this is the amp for you. 

Btw bro, ano na nga ba iyong na swallow mo na hard? ;D  Joke lang friends tayo. :)

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1315 on: Aug 16, 2011 at 03:03 AM »
Congrats nga pala kay Mel a.k.a rascal101 for his new audio gears.  Wala ka pang one month bumibili ka na diyan, he he he. Ang dami mo pang arte diyan ka din pala babagsak.  Sabi ko sa iyo iba ang detalye ng tripath esp.2024.  Ayaw mo lang maniwala noong una.  Tapos konting kalikot lang para ka ng naka HI END audio gears niyan.   :)

Basta iyon usapan nating bank to bank na lang,k? ;D  Ingat ka diyan.  Tama yan audio na lang libangan mo at di iyong kung anu ano....he he he

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #1316 on: Aug 16, 2011 at 04:08 AM »
Hindi sa akin iyung TP10. Pinag-iisipan ko pa kung bibili ako  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2011 at 04:17 AM by rascal101 »

Offline shrek7

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1317 on: Aug 16, 2011 at 05:57 AM »
Congrats nga pala kay Mel a.k.a rascal101 for his new audio gears.  Wala ka pang one month bumibili ka na diyan, he he he. Ang dami mo pang arte diyan ka din pala babagsak.  Sabi ko sa iyo iba ang detalye ng tripath esp.2024.  Ayaw mo lang maniwala noong una.  Tapos konting kalikot lang para ka ng naka HI END audio gears niyan.   :)

Basta iyon usapan nating bank to bank na lang,k? ;D  Ingat ka diyan.  Tama yan audio na lang libangan mo at di iyong kung anu ano....he he he
may naamoy akong bank to bank dyan! aba eh kapag may budget eh magpapasabay din ako, hehehehe!  ;D

Agree all the way with Sidny...  details and transparency are what I am after with tripath amp.  I compared it side by side with Tube and other HI End SS, the details are really great.  Yes, the tripath has its weaknesses.  But doing some upgrades and modifications will make tripath amp a total performer for all types of music.  If you love details and transparency ...this is the amp for you. 

Btw bro, ano na nga ba iyong na swallow mo na hard? ;D  Joke lang friends tayo. :)
ayus ah! ngaun ko lang napansin, pang porno pala yung linya ko? oooh yeah! bwahahahaha!  :o ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2011 at 06:02 AM by shrek7 »

Offline squatt3r

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1318 on: Aug 16, 2011 at 07:41 AM »
Wow! Materyales Fuertes naman ng Tripath mo.  Bro.if you are still in Cavite hope we can hear that.  I am in Pag Asa Phase 1, Molino  near Camella.... I can visit you if you are available and ok with your family. :)
sir dito na ako ngayon sa singapore nagwowork. pag nakauwi ako dalhin ko tong amp.

mabuhay ang tripath!

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1319 on: Aug 16, 2011 at 10:37 AM »

happens lot's of time.......it is usually the end users who get the most excited and euphoria builds up.....it takes time for reality to sink in and when it does, you see those gears in the for sale section......oh well, that is how the cookie crumbles.....memory, specially audio memory is very fleeting.....

sabi nga ni Erap, "wether wether lang yan...." ;D ;D ;D

while the designers would say, "it's all in a day's work...." their reason for existance is to come up with products that will sell.....

lest somebody get me wrong.....the T-amps are good sounding amps and very high efficiency, what's not to like? ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2011 at 10:39 AM by TonyT »
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom