Author Topic: Daichi speakers that look like Bose speakers  (Read 7156 times)

Offline dell-tech

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Daichi speakers that look like Bose speakers
« on: Oct 13, 2005 at 11:58 AM »
Hi all,  ::)

I recently visited Daichi showroom in MEga and saw and heard their version of Bose looking speakers. ( the ones that look like two cubes one on top of the other and each cube measuring about two inches per side.)  They come in white from Dai-1chi while they come in black from Bose.

They sounded great for me but what do you guys think. My budget for sattelite speakers is about 2.5K to 3.2K.  For 2.7K this model from Dai-chi seem ok enough but I havn't looked at any other brand within that price range for surround speakers.

Any suggestion would be welcome. Thanks again. :)

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
Re: Daichi speakers that look like Bose speakers
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2005 at 02:03 PM »
I've seen them and once had a similar set  branded as AUDIOPHILE in my early HT days that i used for the rears. They look and sound respectable.  They may not sound as good as most bookshelf speakers, but if they sound anywhere close to a BOSE cube, which I think they are if not better,  i'd prefer them.  At a mere fraction of the cost of a BOSE, that's what you call real value. 
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2005 at 02:04 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline itgbkj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Home Theater and Photography tandem
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2005 at 02:31 PM »
Can we hook these speakers to an HT receiver at 100W per channel?  Like, can we connect 'em directly to the "REAR L/R Output" of a Yamaha RVX450?  Please advise.  Thanks!

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2005 at 04:28 PM »
If I recall right, those cubes can handle around 90 to 100 watts.  Not so sure if peak or RMS, though.  For rear surrounds, I don't see any problem hooking them up with a 100 watts receiver assuming it's rated with all channels driven, which I doubt.  I don't think you'd use up all that power in a typical listening room, would you?

Offline Platinum

• Trade Count: (+185)
  • Collector
  • Happy with what I have, working for what I want...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #4 on: Oct 13, 2005 at 04:49 PM »
Meron din ba syang powered sub like Bose'? or separate purchase yong sub?
Para plug-in na lang ang player. TIA
Enjoy what you have!

Offline Chito C.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #5 on: Oct 13, 2005 at 05:28 PM »
Meron dun!

Bukas hanggang sunday sale sa megamall sigurado may sale din daichi

Offline Platinum

• Trade Count: (+185)
  • Collector
  • Happy with what I have, working for what I want...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #6 on: Oct 13, 2005 at 05:33 PM »
Meron dun!

Bukas hanggang sunday sale sa megamall sigurado may sale din daichi

Many thanks, Boss Chito C.  :)
Enjoy what you have!

Offline arthurallanj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Oct 14, 2005 at 09:26 AM »
Hey bro Dell-tech,

These come in different models, there's the Audiofile SA-3 and SA-5, and then there's the much better Daiichi LS-32 and the single cube LS-3. And as sir AV said, these have more value than Boses, mas mura na and performs just as well if not better. Better also in the sense that the drivers have a cloth-rubber combo edges, not like the cheap foams that Boses have.

To get a bit technical, the LS-32 can go as low as 200 hz, with a maximum input power of 100W, the SA-3, 300 hz, max input at 80 W. I have both models, they sound very clear and detailed. I can't recall the specs on the SA-5 and the LS-3. I've tested those specs to be true, with the help of Sir Av's test files. It still even had some response below those rated specs. And as sir AV said, a bookshelf speaker would still be better. Sattelites should at least go as low as 100 hz audibly, even better if below that. This is to ensure a good, seamless fusion of your sattelites and sub.

Oh and ahh, Daiichi has an entire line of speaker systems and subs. I'm sure you'll find something that will fit your needs and budget.  ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2005 at 09:29 AM by arthurallanj »
Making the most of what I've got

Offline dell-tech

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Oct 16, 2005 at 01:30 AM »
Hey bro arthurallanj, :)

Wow, I didn't know they have other models of this beauty.  Last time i went there, I was choosing between that and a 250W bookshelf that sound great too but don't you guys think the power rating is too high for my 100WPC AVR and with the surround powered 100W but I think theyre hooked up in series so the left and right sattellites share the 100W.

Thanks btw to all you guys for your interest in this subject, I really am thinking of getting either the cubes or the 250W bookshelf speakers, please advise.  :D

Offline lmerb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Wazzup!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Oct 16, 2005 at 08:25 AM »
I also have this cube speakers and im using as surround speakers.
 Bought it 2 years ago for 1,000.

Offline arthurallanj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Oct 17, 2005 at 09:00 AM »
Hey bro arthurallanj, :)

Wow, I didn't know they have other models of this beauty.  Last time i went there, I was choosing between that and a 250W bookshelf that sound great too but don't you guys think the power rating is too high for my 100WPC AVR and with the surround powered 100W but I think theyre hooked up in series so the left and right sattellites share the 100W.

Thanks btw to all you guys for your interest in this subject, I really am thinking of getting either the cubes or the 250W bookshelf speakers, please advise.  :D

These are indeed nice speakers, bro. Cosmetically and Size-wise, but it's still isn't as good as a bookshelf speaker. As Sir AV and I mentioned, you need speakers that can go at least as low as 100Hz audibly. The best of these cube series is the LS-32 and can only go as low as 200Hz. The result would be, wala syang Bass, or mahina, at least. Remember, movie audio has full dynamic range on all the 5 channels. So, my point is, consider another model, like the DTX 9.5BS. And that's coming from a Daiichi fan who has 3 pairs of the SA-3 and a pair of the LS-32.  ;D
Making the most of what I've got

Offline dell-tech

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Oct 17, 2005 at 10:14 AM »
Sir art,

I will seriously consider that. BTW, I saw the thread you posted about getting your own DTX 9.5BS, coming from you it must be really good.

Saka nga pala - I saw your post about the updated dai-1chi website...di ko nakita 'yon dati and would not have learned about it if not for you...Thanks.

Regarding your recommendation of Moses Aaron...doon din ako bumili ng buong set-up ko four years ago which includes center (us audio), sakura 388 amp and BK-8 mains. Di pa ako nakapag upgrade since - pa-tweak tweak lang. Moses Aaron really sells at the lowest price and best service since nasira yung amp ko almost a year after I bought it and they made sure that it got fixed...ok talaga sila.

Thanks again bro.