Author Topic: Munskie's Theater  (Read 149424 times)

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: munskie's current ht set-up
« Reply #30 on: Jan 11, 2006 at 11:46 AM »
Get a bigger sofa if possible, chances are you wont be the only ones watching here when its done. Your relatives, specially the kids would be so happy watching here  :). If there is space behind your sofa for additional seats, so much the better (for your visitors, like other pinoydvd members in AC :D ).

In our case, we designed the HT room (and sofa) that way even if the space was just limited to only 12sq m. Its a pleasure to share your Ht to your good friends and relatives. For me, mas sulit yung HT and specially your DVDs when I share it by watching it with close friends and relatives. Specially the KIDS! naku mga iba ayaw na umuwi!

For your drapes, 2 layers of dark colored curtains would do the trick. I didnt want to spend some P10K plus for custom made curtains so I just bought ready made ones that were on sale.

yup, mukhang mapapalaban ang room na to, specially when we'll have our house warming....wala nako space sa likod but ill go for the three seater...and just provide mga beanbags cguro (does it help in taming the room? absorption?)  as for the drapes, my future missus will do that part, though i specified that they must  be dark and thick.  i am pretty excited on setting up the ht room, and i aint even watching my newly purchased dvds now, am saving them for the new set-up.  thanks for the tips sir matz :D :D

Offline MAtZTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Jan 11, 2006 at 12:11 PM »
and just provide mga beanbags cguro (does it help in taming the room? absorption?)  as for the drapes, my future missus will do that part, though i specified that they must  be dark and thick.  i am pretty excited on setting up the ht room, and i aint even watching my newly purchased dvds now, am saving them for the new set-up.  thanks for the tips sir matz :D :D

After you get the PJ experience, you would want to re watch all your DVDs again in the PJ. Dark is necessary but 2 curtains did the trick for me instead of one thick one, cheaper too.

You mentioned that you already put some acoustic treatment on the room so no need to worry on the absorption of the beanbags. Not everything needs to be absorbers in the room, others need to be diffusers too. Unless of course, your bean bags get in the path of the center speakers, whcih are usually placed low in a PJ HT setting.

My seating position is at 3.5 m away and the image is good (84x84 screen) , any nearer (referring to the bean bag location) and the image becomes less appealing and to some, dizzying. But in my experience kids love to sit nearer to the screen, so let them, they dont get dizzy easily as us OLD people.

If you got space behind your 3.5 m position for extra chairs then good for you. Or if your sitting position is farther than 3.5 m then you can put your bean bags on the 3.5m location. This option would be better, you can slouch & put your feet on whoever is sitting on the bean bags  ;D.

If your screen is 70x70 however, no need to follow my advice, hehe, just put the beanbags anywhere.

« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2006 at 12:22 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Jan 12, 2006 at 07:48 AM »
thanks for the help sir.  malaking tulong ito sa set-up.  papatulong lang ako sa calibration, i guess i have to contact mr sgt.   ;D ;D

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Jan 12, 2006 at 12:13 PM »
heto pala mga under construction pics....
acoustic boards used sa ceiling
acoustic treatments sa room
acoustic treatments covered with ponti fabric...  update you more next week, excited na to set it up   ;D ;D

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: munskie's HT room (under construction)
« Reply #34 on: Jan 12, 2006 at 01:42 PM »
wow, nice project !

and congrats on being newly wed and of course having a very supportive wife !

;D

-jackryan 8)

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Jan 12, 2006 at 08:34 PM »
wow, nice project !

and congrats on being newly wed and of course having a very supportive wife !

;D

-jackryan 8)
  thanks sir jack!!  one week na lang pagka bachelor ko!!  anyway, i am glad my fiance has been supportive of this project.  she loves watching movies too.  but of course, pag nag upgrade ka, they seem to say that they all sound the same, hehe.  ;D ;D

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #36 on: Jan 12, 2006 at 10:37 PM »
  thanks sir jack!!  one week na lang pagka bachelor ko!!  anyway, i am glad my fiance has been supportive of this project.  she loves watching movies too.  but of course, pag nag upgrade ka, they seem to say that they all sound the same, hehe.  ;D ;D

Same with my wife bro ;D so what i do is to bring my wife along whenever i will listen or try out some gears or set-up in that way she will get familiarized with diff set-up characteristics hindi yung pare-pareho lang yan ;D believe me masakit din minsan lalo na kung sa transistor radio ihambing yung gears ko  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Jan 13, 2006 at 07:46 AM »
hahaha!!!!  thats funny. ;D ;D  buti my fiance alam pag nag-upgrade.....lalu na nung idemo ko velo sa kanya.....impressed sya. ;D ;D

Offline MiniCooper

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Jan 14, 2006 at 12:31 PM »
hahaha!!!!  thats funny. ;D ;D  buti my fiance alam pag nag-upgrade.....lalu na nung idemo ko velo sa kanya.....impressed sya. ;D ;D
munskie,  congrats both on your wedding and HT setup construction.

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Jan 14, 2006 at 10:40 PM »
Hi munskie,forgot to mention to you if you are looking for a 3seater sofa, la-z-boy has one with massage and a table/chair on the middle at a sale price ;D very very reasonable for the model. blims galleria.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Jan 15, 2006 at 03:24 PM »
Hi munskie,forgot to mention to you if you are looking for a 3seater sofa, la-z-boy has one with massage and a table/chair on the middle at a sale price ;D very very reasonable for the model. blims galleria.
  way out of my budget na ata la-z boy sa akin...baka magfile na annulment fiance ko...wala pa wedding....hehe......but kiddin aside....i saw an ad sa isang daily...cut it out....3 seater recliner...for 39k...finiture collezione.....and theyve also got 3 seater home theater recliners complete with cupholders....thats 50k naman ata.    do you know price of the la-z boy? TIA ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2006 at 07:24 PM by munskie »

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Jan 15, 2006 at 05:18 PM »
its at 90t. ;D two recliners at the sides have electric massagers while the center backrest converts into a table with answering machine and cup holders and controls for the massagers

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #42 on: Jan 15, 2006 at 05:32 PM »
heto pala mga under construction pics....
acoustic boards used sa ceiling
acoustic treatments sa room
acoustic treatments covered with ponti fabric...  update you more next week, excited na to set it up   ;D ;D

hi munskie!

great project! can you PM me the step be step procedures in doing this...also the "ingredients", thanks! :)
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Jan 15, 2006 at 07:26 PM »
thanks sir superman!!  just pm'ed you sir.... ;D

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Jan 18, 2006 at 11:17 AM »
  just delivered, a two seater recliner ala lazy-boy....got it from finiture collezione at 29k...sakto lang two seater.....and yung three seater di na pala kakasya sa door....thanks for the tips mga sirs.. ;D ;D

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Jan 18, 2006 at 12:38 PM »
Congrats bro,ok lang 2seater mas cozy ;D

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jan 23, 2006 at 09:43 PM »
just finished setting up the home theater......ill post some pics this wednesday.....calibration na lang, and some palamuti......tried na the panny ae900...was truly amazed.   ;D ;D

Offline ronjet

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 98
« Reply #47 on: Jan 24, 2006 at 05:16 PM »
just finished setting up the home theater......ill post some pics this wednesday.....calibration na lang, and some palamuti......tried na the panny ae900...was truly amazed.   ;D ;D

8) cant wait to see the pic...  ::) hehehe

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
Re: MUNSKIE'S NEW HT
« Reply #48 on: Jan 24, 2006 at 11:34 PM »
Projector: PANASONIC AE900
dvd player: DENON 2910
receiver: DENON 3805
fronts: B&W 603 s3
center:  B&W LCR600
rear: MISSION 77ds
back:  B&W 601 s3
SW: VELODYNE CHT-12r
here's my new ht room
two-seater recliner(its not a lazyboy), and my dvd collection...and the PJ on top, b&w 601's as surround back speakers....mission 77ds(from a previous system which will be used in the bedroom theater) as rear surrounds..
the remotes, two days ako nagset-up...and though sore knees ko sa kaka kneel (even with carpet underlay), nung i demo ko sa close friend ko..all he could say (seating in the recliner..watching the widescreen)..SARAP BUHAY DITO AH!!  yung pagod ko naalis...its all worth it!! ;D ;D

i haven't watched a full movie yet on this system...we're still busy packing up for the transfer...i'm also thinking of asking for help in calibration. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2006 at 12:07 AM by munskie »

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Jan 24, 2006 at 11:41 PM »
great set-up!!! :o :o :o congrats sir munskie for your new HT, new wife & new life.....sabay-sabay ang swerte nyo ah 8)

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Jan 24, 2006 at 11:50 PM »
some more pics...

if you're wondering where the dvd player is......

nasa gitna sya....just before the seat area....i decided to put it there coz i only have a 5 meter hdmi/dvi cable. yung table/rack nya is not yet finished.  it will act as a mini center table(ill post the pic when its done) the hdmi/dvi cable ran under the carpet and through the backwall up to the panny ae900 installed up the dvd shelf.
another look at my dvd collection

to be honest..not all of those are originals ;D

cables ran underneath the carpet....

the plaques...courtesy of this forum

the paint of the room is neutral gray in flat finish...and my wife said its not appealing at all....told her when the gears come in, it will all blend in...i really think it did. ;D ;D and na amaze din sya nung na set-up na.  (a big sigh of relief)
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2006 at 07:47 AM by munskie »

Offline aldrinpsx

• DVD Guru
  • Region 1 fanatic!!!!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Jan 25, 2006 at 12:41 AM »
No Contest!! hands down!!...its worth the wait.... one more thing is missing... baby. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Once Again,Congrats!!!!

peace!!!

« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2006 at 12:51 AM by aldrinpsx »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Jan 25, 2006 at 06:03 AM »
great set-up!!! :o :o :o congrats sir munskie for your new HT, new wife & new life.....sabay-sabay ang swerte nyo ah 8)
salamat po sir classicman.....yup, just got married last saturday. lot of things to look out for......and movies to watch.  thanks again!! ;D ;D

sir aldrin:  yup, its definitely worth the wait.  i was all drooling nung ma set-up na ni sir matz panny nya...and all i could do is wait, wait and wait.  thanks to this forum and the internet..learned a lot..in setting up kahit DIY lang. and the baby, its under construction na rin hehe.  thanks sir  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2006 at 08:38 AM by munskie »

Offline shuttertrigger

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 1, 2, 3 say Kimchi!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 657
« Reply #53 on: Jan 25, 2006 at 06:34 AM »
 :o :o :o ganda sir! congrats!  :)
Hey, that's my bike!

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Jan 25, 2006 at 07:54 AM »

and if i may add, you have all the awesome gears most appropriate for an HT set-up :o :o :o

Offline alas6

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Jan 25, 2006 at 08:21 AM »
wow galeng  :o :o :o congrats, sir!  the wait was really worth it

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Jan 25, 2006 at 08:42 AM »
sir classicman and alas6:  madaming salamat po... ;D ;D

im still thinking of putting up framed movie posters from my previous room...but i learned glass is very reflective, audio no-no di ba(correct me if im wrong)...looking to have them framed kahit walang glass....my sis-in law whois an interior designer suggested i put up a  signage sa door ng room yung may now showing nakalagay...saan kaya makahanap nun? ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2006 at 08:40 AM by munskie »

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Jan 25, 2006 at 09:06 AM »
sir, am just curious how big is your new HT room & what's its shape (square or rectangle) ::)

and if i may suggest......why not inter-change your rears & sorround backs, so that if you're watching a 5.1 encoded DVDs (w/c represent i think about 95% of the present releases) you will have an all B&W set-up, para perfect timber matching ka since all your B&W speakers are DM600 series 3 :o.......suggestion lang po 8)

Offline sanmig_ph

• DVD Guru
  • Sarap Magbago....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #58 on: Jan 25, 2006 at 09:19 AM »
congrats bro on ur wedding & ur new ht room ;D ;D ;D
lupet ang ganda bro ;D
nice nice  ;D ;D ;D
peace
He always provides!  and He always does when you least expect it!

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Jan 25, 2006 at 09:25 AM »
sir, am just curious how big is your new HT room & what's its shape (square or rectangle) ::)

and if i may suggest......why not inter-change your rears & sorround backs, so that if you're watching a 5.1 encoded DVDs (w/c represent i think about 95% of the present releases) you will have an all B&W set-up, para perfect timber matching ka since all your B&W speakers are DM600 series 3 :o.......suggestion lang po 8)
  yup, i thought of that..having an all B&W set-up...but learned too that i need dipoles?bipoles?(is this right?) for the rears sides...instead of direct firing 601's...tried purchasing B&W DS6  with switchable dipole/monopole but idea was rejected by higher powers...hehe. in any case, i can always switch the connection sa receiver..but yung placement nila would be the same.  room is nearly square... 13ftL and 13.5ftW...kinda bitin ang room.  thanks uli.. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2006 at 09:26 AM by munskie »