Author Topic: Slim CRT TV  (Read 63545 times)

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Slim CRT TV
« Reply #30 on: Aug 18, 2005 at 03:01 PM »
Pehaps the technology for slim CRT still requires some fine tuning.  Coming out with a truly flat screen CRT is a technological milestone in itself and is already a 10year old technology.  So coming out with a slim and flat CRT may require some more time. 
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2005 at 03:02 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline Titanium

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • "There is always a better way"
  • Liked:
SAMSUNG Slim fit TV
« Reply #31 on: Nov 03, 2005 at 09:45 AM »
Anybody bought this TV already. Im thinking of getting one. Can anybody give a review or feedback. Its about P80k for a 32 wide screen.

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #32 on: Nov 03, 2005 at 11:15 AM »
Up ko lang.  Someone started a Samsung SlimFit thread.  This thread might provide the insight he's looking for...

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: SAMSUNG Slim fit TV
« Reply #33 on: Nov 03, 2005 at 11:16 AM »
Please check this thread.  HTH...

Offline Titanium

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • "There is always a better way"
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Nov 04, 2005 at 08:06 AM »
Up ko lang.  Someone started a Samsung SlimFit thread.  This thread might provide the insight he's looking for...

thanks Paolo, I was looking for this thread. THe last post is about 3 mos old. I saw a display at SM fairview and I didnt notice the geometry problem. I may have to test it more. Any feedback from new owners, if any.  ;)

Offline hubes

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #35 on: Dec 04, 2005 at 06:21 PM »
I just saw the samsung slim fit tv in appliances stores. Price was down around 10k. Now its selling at 69++k, 12 months to pay. Is this already a good buy?

Offline taggart

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • clean out that earwax for optimum sound exp!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Dec 04, 2005 at 11:07 PM »
saw one at SM rockwell awhile ago...yep, looks grainy and not thin enough.  the full-sized CRT quality is way better than this.

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 10:15 AM »
Slim CRTs are perhaps the newest TV technology out there. So this may not be the best time to get one yet, wait a few more years when many other brands with slim CRTs are competing locally. 

A Philips pixel plus 36" tru flat widescreen CRT (didn't get the model) that I believe is a year-old display model is selling for 60T here at SM Appliance Sucat.  Could be a 2004 model.  It used to sell for around 150T if not mistaken. 

Offline taggart

• Collector
  • clean out that earwax for optimum sound exp!
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 05:44 PM »
i agree with the slim crt being a new tech and still in it's early stages.  no plans to get that one hehe. 

A Philips pixel plus 36" tru flat widescreen CRT (didn't get the model) that I believe is a year-old display model is selling for 60T here at SM Appliance Sucat.  Could be a 2004 model.  It used to sell for around 150T if not mistaken.

yeah price drops really fast in this sector.  never got hooked on pixel plus technology though...hate artifacts.  maybe pixel plus 2 is a lot better. 

Offline yakisoba

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Let The Games Begin!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 05:28 PM »
anyupdates regarding this TV??  Western is offering this unit for 18mnths 0% ...  planning to use this sana for the 360.  Any feedback? 

Offline kt

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Dec 12, 2005 at 06:24 PM »
any reviews on the 29" slimfit?

Offline yakisoba

• Collector
  • Let The Games Begin!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Dec 16, 2005 at 12:00 AM »
anyfeed back??? 

Offline kt

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Dec 16, 2005 at 11:02 AM »
bro yaki! looks like tyong 2 lang interested w this ha! hehe

Offline yakisoba

• Collector
  • Let The Games Begin!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Dec 16, 2005 at 11:15 AM »
oo nga eh..  ;D

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #44 on: Dec 16, 2005 at 11:30 AM »
Kung CRT kasi, most of the members will go for Philips Pixel Plus TV.  Di rin kasi ganun ka-slim itong samsung and quality is average.  But most likely this is durable as most Samsung TV models are.

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Dec 16, 2005 at 12:16 PM »
I think barrister posted some comments and a link on some reviews from the net.  I've done some cursory look at those reviews and they're not flattering.

Offline kt

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Dec 16, 2005 at 01:16 PM »
sir av! yup im reading the reviews din....

bo JT! does philips have yung widescreen na crt? tnx

Offline upinsmoke

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Dec 16, 2005 at 03:12 PM »
Kung CRT kasi, most of the members will go for Philips Pixel Plus TV.  Di rin kasi ganun ka-slim itong samsung and quality is average.  But most likely this is durable as most Samsung TV models are.

Some people are after the widescreen format and HDTV 1080i resolution the Slim TV offers.  The only widescreen HDTV CRT you can find here in the Philippines is the Samsung Slim TV and the Sony widescreen CRT which cost P160k.

Offline kt

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Dec 16, 2005 at 03:26 PM »
bro upinsmoke tnx for the info! yup i was looking for other brands nga na flat wide  & HD ready. for now the samsung slimfit lang nakita ko eh...still deciding whether its the ryt time to buy the slimfit or just wait for other brands to come out...wat u think?

Offline upinsmoke

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Dec 16, 2005 at 06:07 PM »
^ The only thing I don't like about the Samsung Slim TV is it doesn't have a DVI or HDMI connection.  That's the deal breaker for me.  As for your case, do you have anything right now that would take advantage of the 1080i resolution?  The Xbox360 and Playstation 3 won't be available here till late next year.  You need an upconverting DVD player to take advantage of the 1080i res and that cost around P20k.  Most upconverting DVD player require your TV to have DVI or HDMI connection.

Wait 3 more months and see how this goes.  Talk to the reps (Philips, Sony, Toshiba, JVC) if they have plans to release a CRT HDTV here.

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Dec 16, 2005 at 06:21 PM »
Some people are after the widescreen format and HDTV 1080i resolution the Slim TV offers.  The only widescreen HDTV CRT you can find here in the Philippines is the Samsung Slim TV and the Sony widescreen CRT which cost P160k.

^ The only thing I don't like about the Samsung Slim TV is it doesn't have a DVI or HDMI connection.   That's the deal breaker for me.  As for your case, do you have anything right now that would take advantage of the 1080i resolution?  The Xbox360 and Playstation 3 won't be available here till late next year.  You need an upconverting DVD player to take advantage of the 1080i res and that cost around P20k.  Most upconverting DVD player require your TV to have DVI or HDMI connection.

Wait 3 more months and see how this goes.  Talk to the reps (Philips, Sony, Toshiba, JVC) if they have plans to release a CRT HDTV here.

Rather than 3mos, I'd wait a year or two.  My goodness, an HDTV-capable TV without DVI or HDMI!!!!  Sorry follks, but I have to say that's garbage in my book.  ;D 

I think samsung is taking its market for a ride.  

How can you watch a digital HDTV broadcast (assuming you get a satellite feed from Direct-TV in the US) or an HD-DVD or Blu-Ray disc without HDMI which will be the de facto standard for digital high definition TV?  And even if you just want upconversion to 1080i, you need a digital connection courtesy of DVI or HDMI from an upconverting DVD player.   

So what is left is an HDTV-kuno that does its own upconversion from analog component input.  In the world of HDTV, you'd be shortchanged; that's relatively poor video, bros.  The DVD player converts the digital signals to analog to pass it to the TV via component; the TV in turn converts it back to digital to upconvert and then display to the screen's native resolution.    Nope, that's no good.  One of the real advantages of High Definition TV is it allows you to process the signals totally in the digital domain from player to display, courtesy of DVI or HDMI connection.  No D/A and back A/D conversion that always result in signal loses.   For 70T??  forget it.  In a year or two, when all DVD players start to sport DVI and HDMI, your slimfit TV would be obsolete.   ;D

« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2005 at 06:50 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline kt

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Dec 16, 2005 at 06:34 PM »
hmm...i really dont know much abt those hdtvs n their connections...im just a bit future proofing thats y im looking for an hd ready n 16:9 narin..well i guess i just have to wait for now....hehe

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Dec 16, 2005 at 06:43 PM »
hmm...i really dont know much abt those hdtvs n their connections...im just a bit future proofing thats y im looking for an hd ready n 16:9 narin..well i guess i just have to wait for now....hehe

Exactly, future proofing.  You're not gonna achieve that with a set that has no DVI or HDMI terminal. 

Offline kt

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Dec 16, 2005 at 06:50 PM »
well tnx for the heads up sir av & upinsmoke! ive been reading the reviews link from the other thread & the US model does have those HDMI connections...well as usual tinipid ulit dito satin....

Offline jaytl

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Jan 10, 2006 at 01:11 PM »
is this a good buy? i saw one at abensons selling for 69k with 24months 0% installment plan. not bad! it looks like a plasma tv already but i wonder if the picture quality is great. should i buy now or should i wait?

Offline papelandia

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Jan 11, 2006 at 01:08 PM »
Sir, which abenson branch is offering 24 months?  I went to greenhills branch and they only offer 12 months 0% interset

Offline jaytl

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Jan 11, 2006 at 10:28 PM »
check waltermart makati. the 24 months is for approval pa with citifinancial.

Offline papelandia

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Jan 12, 2006 at 02:03 PM »
Thanks Sir

Offline brian_d

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Jan 12, 2006 at 05:50 PM »
Went to Ansons Galleria kanina, meron na ring 29" 4:3 HDTV Slim CRT na Samsung, retailing at 39,000.

This is perhaps the cheapest "HDTV" capable TV to date.

Offline jdg

• Collector
  • divx addict!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Jan 13, 2006 at 11:58 AM »
mas maganda ba picture quality nung slimfit 29" ng samsung compared to other brands na mas cheaper 29k-30k ang price range na 29" flat tv's? ::)