Author Topic: Where to buy DVD box sets region 1 in the Philippines?  (Read 2175 times)

Offline syoti

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Where to buy DVD box sets region 1 in the Philippines?
« on: Nov 04, 2005 at 05:26 PM »
Does anyone know where i can buy region 1 box sets here in the Philippines? i used to buy from Megamixx in megamall, but apparently it had closed shop..or maybe transferred to another location? thanks in advance... :)

Offline allanmandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Where to buy DVD box sets region 1 in the Philippines?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2005 at 05:58 PM »

Offline syoti

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2005 at 08:31 PM »
thanks allanmandy.  :)  i was thinking of local stores sana. haven't tried buying one online kasi eh. medyo newbie ako sa ganun...

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2005 at 10:26 PM »
thanks allanmandy.  :)  i was thinking of local stores sana. haven't tried buying one online kasi eh. medyo newbie ako sa ganun...

well, you can think that parconline is almost like a local store without the physical structure, you can either join his Yahoo e-group and look at the titles available each week or if the title you want isnt on the list you can order it through SMS, e-mail or landland (not sure if he has fax). Within a week or so, it will be delivered right on your doorstep. Menos gasolina pa.  :)

You can also try other DVD sellers here at the Marketplace and you can pre-order DVDs from them as well. I've tried the following and satisfaction guaranteed. great customer service.

Artemis
Emildjr

havent tried but highly recommended as well.

Baby

8)
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2005 at 11:35 PM by riverfan »

Offline toyfanatic

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • "ExEpTiOnAl ClArItY"
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2005 at 04:29 PM »

as far as i know, technically  R1 dvd are not allowed to be sold on local stores, since the authorized here is R3, thats why for the main purpose nagkaroon ng region encoding but you can order R1 dvd's here from our fellow pinoydvd legends ;)

Offline syoti

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2005 at 07:32 PM »
as far as i know, technically  R1 dvd are not allowed to be sold on local stores, since the authorized here is R3, thats why for the main purpose nagkaroon ng region encoding but you can order R1 dvd's here from our fellow pinoydvd legends ;)

ah ganun b? ok thanks.  :) i was hoping to buy Lost season 1 and CSI Las Vegas season 5 sana... but ngayon kasi medyo low budget pa ko.. i guess ndi magkakaroon ng region 3 ng mga yan dito.. the only box sets i see on the stores are from Warner db? hay..

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #6 on: Nov 07, 2005 at 10:48 PM »
the only box sets i see on the stores are from Warner db?

Yup, mostly only Warner, except for Bewitched Seasons 1 and 2 from Sony.

CSI is from Paramount and Lost is from Touchstone/Buena Vista, so I guess you'll need to find other venues to purchase them from.
« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2005 at 10:50 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...