Author Topic: Custom-made Demo disc  (Read 170919 times)

Offline MAtZTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Custom-made Demo disc
« Reply #450 on: May 19, 2006 at 11:32 AM »
I just watched DOMINO DTS-ES last night and it just blew me away. This is a must have for the project.

Not just awesome music, surrounds and LFE. But even the HF noises are just SO CLEAR!!!

Every shot fired, water splash, glass break, guitar string plucked, speech, clinking noises, etc are excellently encoded in DTS-es with stunning clarity.

Last scene was the best for demo, but the whole movie was filled with good surrounds, LFE, music and specially very clear HF background noises.

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #451 on: May 19, 2006 at 12:15 PM »
sir bluray, can we request for a master list of assigned dvds so we'll know what else we can contribute for eventual review?

8)
Yeah.  I was thinking the same thing.  Wala pa bang yahoogroup for this?  Para we can see what can be added and for suggestions. :)

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #452 on: May 19, 2006 at 12:22 PM »
Someone who knows how to form yahoogroups (sampung_gwapo) please start one. I dont know how to  ::)

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #453 on: May 19, 2006 at 12:36 PM »
Someone who knows how to form yahoogroups (sampung_gwapo) please start one. I dont know how to  ::)

Hindi ba pwede thru PM na lang tayo discuss ng medyo sensitive issues instead of making a separate yahoo address ??? Ako kasi mas lagi online dito sa pinoydvd compared to my yahoo mails ;D

Yes blu,maybe you can let us know which titles are assigned to whom.Sabi mo kasi na esi,aldrin,classicman and compaq already contributed a lot of titles eh baka wala na matira sa iba and also once we have the list of titles we can start with the elimination of the ones we dont really need. :)As it is you're already short on memory space sa pc mo to make back-up of these submitted movies :(.Mga bros baka you have an external memory drive that you can lend to bluray for our project bec its quite expensive to use 2pcs dvdrw per movie for back-up purposes :-[
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006 at 12:49 PM by ricky »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #454 on: May 19, 2006 at 12:45 PM »
Hindi ba pwede thru PM na lang tayo discuss ng medyo sensitive issues instead of making a separate yahoo address ??? Ako kasi mas lagi online dito sa pinoydvd compared to my yahoo mails ;D

Yes blu,maybe you can let us know which titles are assigned to whom.Sabi mo kasi na esi,aldrin,classicman and compaq already contributed a lot of titles eh baka wala na matira sa iba and also once we have the list of titles we can start with the elimination of the ones we dont really need. :)As it is you're already short on memory space sa pc mo to make back-up of these submitted movies :(.Mga bros baka you have an external memory drive that you can land to bluray for our project bec its quite expensive to use 2pcs dvdrw per movie for back-up purposes :-[

Kelangan ng yahoogroup bro, mahirap kasi pa isa isa i-pm bawat tao for every discussion.

Ang solution sa problema ni bluray is...time. Since we are not under a big time pressure this time, let us allow bluray to compile, edit then later delete what he has now. Then give him another batch of DVDs to compile edit and delete. Gawin natin by batch, para makahinga yung HDD ni Blu.

Bluray, you can delete my DVD contributions and I could lend them to you again. There are still a lot of DVDs here that I will be lending you soon anyway. Sabay sabay na.

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #455 on: May 19, 2006 at 12:59 PM »
Who says we are not under time pressure ??? ;D Blu volunteered bec medyo light yung load nya at this time but we'er not sure up to when so we really need to work on this while he's free ;D

And yung idea to compile ,edit and delete before we come up of possible titles would be tedious for blu,what we can do right now is sort the titles and scenes that we think are worthwhile to include in this project then blu can start to compile,edit and burn for screening and final editing purposes.Problem right now is we dont have a final list of titles, so halos lahat we need to submit but later on will just be excluded waste of time and effort :( 

Offline Blu-Ray

• Trade Count: (+163)
  • DVD Addict
  • More titles coming
  • Liked:
« Reply #456 on: May 19, 2006 at 02:29 PM »
I have my list prepared last week pa pero hard copy...bukas PM ko sa inyo complete list na naka-assign sa inyo...and sa mga nareceive ko na. Ang ginawa ko kasi PM ko each participant for titles assigned to him.

Sa batch by batch, okay yun. Nagkasabay ko lang kunin yung kay esi at compaq...then the day after, dumating yung kay classicman. The problem now is, I need to back-up your dvds into 2blank dvd-r. Kaso mejo mahal ang price per piece kaya mejo nagiisip pa ko kung ano maganda gawin. Kaya yung kay baby at hemi di ko pa kinukuha...after a week pa siguro.
More titles coming soon...

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #457 on: May 19, 2006 at 05:31 PM »
Blu, I sent you the list of DVDs  I could contribute. I think I can contribute 30-35 more.

Pero kahit last na ako, ok lang.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006 at 05:34 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #458 on: May 19, 2006 at 06:17 PM »
What's the cheapest available blank DVD-R?

The one I got is generic brand which cost P35 each. Is there any other place selling at a much cheaper price?  ;D This week will try to burn all the listed titles then will review the movies to recommend scenes to be included for the demo. :)

Offline simplemind

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #459 on: May 19, 2006 at 10:06 PM »
I'll prepare one page sample of insert. Page two and the rest...maybe I need some help here.

magdadala ako ng meryenda...  ;D ;D ;D

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #460 on: May 19, 2006 at 11:19 PM »
What's the cheapest available blank DVD-R?

The one I got is generic brand which cost P35 each. Is there any other place selling at a much cheaper price?  ;D This week will try to burn all the listed titles then will review the movies to recommend scenes to be included for the demo. :)

Kato suggested to me the green colored dvd+rw being sold at cdr king for only 20pesos. But before buying ask bluray regarding the procedure so you wont waste yours blank discs ;)

Offline Blu-Ray

• DVD Addict
  • More titles coming
  • Liked:
« Reply #461 on: May 23, 2006 at 02:49 PM »
Another suggestion. It will be good too if we can include a special disc to measure picture quality, as an evaluation tool for our home HD display, DVD players & video processors.

I'm thinking of adding another one disk to make it 6-disk collection. We may include THX Optimizer, Digital Video Essentials, dts audio 96/24 and other reference materials. Is this okay?

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #462 on: May 23, 2006 at 03:19 PM »
Agree!! Okay! Good! ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #463 on: May 23, 2006 at 05:29 PM »
I'm thinking of adding another one disk to make it 6-disk collection. We may include THX Optimizer, Digital Video Essentials, dts audio 96/24 and other reference materials. Is this okay?

That is a good idea. We need the blue film for the test patterns.  ;D

Also, lets put some High Definition demos for the reference materials! I saw Samsung's HD demo a while ago, it would do just great for this project!

Voodoo - DTS music from DVE would also be a good reference material.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006 at 05:32 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #464 on: May 23, 2006 at 06:40 PM »

oks yan Blu-Ray, great idea!!! :o

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #465 on: May 23, 2006 at 07:54 PM »
MAtZTER, the High Definition demos as reference materials is an excellent idea but the current DVD format can accomodate up to 480p lang...  :-[

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #466 on: May 23, 2006 at 10:25 PM »
Pics of Demo Disc Project II

Thanks to Compaq for the images...

To all members of Demo Disc II, please contact Compaq... TY and sa uulitin!

Offline lord_vader

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #467 on: May 24, 2006 at 10:30 AM »
To the 12 "disciples" of Demo Disc I (yung 12 members of the exclusive club who got the demo disc):

Pwede po bang makahiram from any of you just to give our HT a work-out? I'll guarantee that there will be no scratches. If it will make you more comfortable, I'll let you borrow a Star Wars trilogy boxset or any of my DVDs (so parang hiraman lang tayo)... or even deposit a refundable "cash bond" to be agreed upon and returned after returning the DVD. If any of you 12 are interested, please PM me. Thanks a lot... Sige na po please...

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #468 on: May 24, 2006 at 10:52 AM »
MAtZTER, the High Definition demos as reference materials is an excellent idea but the current DVD format can accomodate up to 480p lang...  :-[

Yes, but the samsung HD demo was burned in DVD only. The PQ was amazing.

Offline Blu-Ray

• DVD Addict
  • More titles coming
  • Liked:
« Reply #469 on: May 24, 2006 at 02:29 PM »
To the 12 "disciples" of Demo Disc I (yung 12 members of the exclusive club who got the demo disc):

Pwede po bang makahiram from any of you just to give our HT a work-out? I'll guarantee that there will be no scratches. If it will make you more comfortable, I'll let you borrow a Star Wars trilogy boxset or any of my DVDs (so parang hiraman lang tayo)... or even deposit a refundable "cash bond" to be agreed upon and returned after returning the DVD. If any of you 12 are interested, please PM me. Thanks a lot... Sige na po please...

No. We cannot accommodate your request sir...sorry. This is a personalized dvd...and should not use by anyone except the owner. The name of participant or the owner is encoded on each disk and can be seen on each menu of his copy. Nag-iingat lang kami kc baka ma-copy ng iba...pag na-copy...lagot ang owner ng dvd...kakalat sa quiapo yung pangalan nya. Di naman namin sinasabing kokopyahin nyo pero as I said...nag-iingat lang. Kc madaling kopyahin ito...hope you understand. To dirty dozen: please review my Pm. Thanks.

BTW, you have an option...makinood nalang kayo sa kanila.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006 at 05:35 PM by Blu-Ray »

Offline lord_vader

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #470 on: May 24, 2006 at 07:42 PM »
No. We cannot accommodate your request sir...sorry. This is a personalized dvd...and should not use by anyone except the owner. The name of participant or the owner is encoded on each disk and can be seen on each menu of his copy. Nag-iingat lang kami kc baka ma-copy ng iba...pag na-copy...lagot ang owner ng dvd...kakalat sa quiapo yung pangalan nya. Di naman namin sinasabing kokopyahin nyo pero as I said...nag-iingat lang. Kc madaling kopyahin ito...hope you understand. To dirty dozen: please review my Pm. Thanks.

BTW, you have an option...makinood nalang kayo sa kanila.

I really wanted to test it sana on my HT. How about bringing any of you to my home then test the DVDs in my place? Kaya lang it will take your time and I live on Las Pinas pa.

So I guess giving my word that I won't copy it isn't enough huh? Oh well, I guess trust is hard to come by these days... I hope some of us may realize one day that not all people we meet have bad intentions. Anyway, I respect your right to property. Good luck to the rest of your projects. 

Offline Blu-Ray

• DVD Addict
  • More titles coming
  • Liked:
« Reply #471 on: May 24, 2006 at 08:14 PM »
I really wanted to test it sana on my HT. How about bringing any of you to my home then test the DVDs in my place? Kaya lang it will take your time and I live on Las Pinas pa.

So I guess giving my word that I won't copy it isn't enough huh? Oh well, I guess trust is hard to come by these days... I hope some of us may realize one day that not all people we meet have bad intentions. Anyway, I respect your right to property. Good luck to the rest of your projects.

Ok...PM kita pag may time ako...test natin sa HT mo.

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #472 on: May 24, 2006 at 08:59 PM »
Ok...PM kita pag may time ako...test natin sa HT mo.

Blu-Ray, this is a very good gesture on your part.......class act talaga :o

Offline Blu-Ray

• DVD Addict
  • More titles coming
  • Liked:
« Reply #473 on: May 24, 2006 at 09:08 PM »
Hehehe. Kakaawa rin kc yung iba eh...kung makakagawa lang ako ng marami gagawin ko...kaso di ko kaya maramihan.  :'(

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #474 on: May 24, 2006 at 09:18 PM »
Hehehe. Kakaawa rin kc yung iba eh...kung makakagawa lang ako ng marami gagawin ko...kaso di ko kaya maramihan.  :'(

yan ang sinasabing "accomodating one's request without compromising a firm policy" ;)........humanda ka lang at baka biglang dumami ang imbitasyon mo nyan, hehehe ;D

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #475 on: May 24, 2006 at 09:24 PM »

bro sige im willing to lend it to you ;) basta kasama ako ;D available ako weekdays from 9 to 5 ;D

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #476 on: May 24, 2006 at 09:30 PM »
bro sige im willing to lend it to you ;) basta kasama ako ;D available ako weekdays from 9 to 5 ;D

pero dapat may malamig & maboboteng........usapan para kay pareng ricky, hehehe ;D ;D ;D joke only ha

Offline Blu-Ray

• DVD Addict
  • More titles coming
  • Liked:
« Reply #477 on: May 24, 2006 at 09:32 PM »
Wow dalawa na kami.  :D

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #478 on: May 24, 2006 at 09:53 PM »

pero dapat may malamig & maboboteng........usapan para kay pareng ricky, hehehe ;D ;D ;D joke only ha

choc-nut at turon ok na ako :D after eating lechon ;D ;D ;D joke din lang

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #479 on: May 24, 2006 at 09:57 PM »
at para kay Blu-Ray naman dapat chick........one day old chick, hehehe ;D ;D ;D joke ulit