Author Topic: Custom-made Demo disc  (Read 171359 times)

Offline ESi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Custom-made Demo disc
« Reply #1260 on: May 15, 2007 at 03:09 PM »
I just chanced upon this thread thinking that there might be another project brewing. I was just shocked with the allegations against some if not all the contributors. Blu-ray being the brainchild of this project has repeatedly explained to us his reasons of this being EXCLUSIVE meaning NO COPYING and we all agreed! It would be interesting to know that Blu had a memorable experience in a certain government office just to collect some material ;). But if you would browse through the whole thread you would see that he would even take some time out to even agree meeting one member just to satify his enthusiasm about the 1st project ( which I was not a part of but was able to view a portion of it at Mat's theatre together with Ricky et al.) and believe me when I say that the 1st one was really something to rave about! All the pointers that Mat enumerated are and still very true! Despite all the Family and work commitments the quality trio (Mat, Ricky & Blu) had, they STILL found time to regularly meet and scrutinize the material and packaging to come up with a TRULY WORLD CLASS DEMO DISC. I think it is quite unfair for mr A. to pass judgement hastily on them if not all of us who agreed to the terms set by the group.  :( Just my two cents. ;D
Ars longa, Vita Brevis, Judicium dificile

Offline Lantis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Dattebayo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1261 on: May 15, 2007 at 06:30 PM »
teka meron na ba nag-initiate ng another project (is it the fourth already)? ::)
Back from the grave!

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #1262 on: May 15, 2007 at 08:06 PM »
whew! mas maganda pa basahin to kesa manood ng canvassing ha! hehehehehe ;D

Offline pioneer

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1263 on: May 15, 2007 at 08:27 PM »
Hoist...makikisingit lang.....baka naman meron mga tao dito na gumagamit lang ng alternick hahahaha. Nag uusap sa thread pero iisang tao lang bwahahahaha.

Pinoy crabs at its best. Pathetic !!!!  ;D
Kentobiminekekwek !!!

Offline lord_vader

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1264 on: May 15, 2007 at 09:53 PM »
Maybe this is just being blown out of proportion and sensationalized. For me, it's just a simple conversation like this:

X: "Bro, pahiram naman ng iPod mo."
Y: "Ayoko nga, pinag-ipunan ko to e"
X: "Yabang mo naman pre."

These kinds of conversation happen everyday and everywhere. There's no reason to take them seriously. Manood na lang kayo ng Heroes para masaya pa!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007 at 10:00 PM by lord_vader »

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #1265 on: May 15, 2007 at 10:21 PM »
Maybe this is just being blown out of proportion and sensationalized. For me, it's just a simple conversation like this:

These kinds of conversation happen everyday and everywhere. There's no reason to take them seriously. Manood na lang kayo ng Heroes para masaya pa!  ;D

;D Again guys you can borrow it naman provided kasama yung owner ;) to make sure no copying and abuse will be done ;D ;D ;D

Offline Blu-Ray

• Trade Count: (+163)
  • DVD Addict
  • More titles coming
  • Liked:
« Reply #1266 on: May 16, 2007 at 12:52 AM »

Diba nag-offer kami sayo? Tigas ng ngala ngala mo
More titles coming soon...

Offline Blu-Ray

• DVD Addict
  • More titles coming
  • Liked:
« Reply #1267 on: May 16, 2007 at 12:55 AM »
Please read/review page 17 of this thread  :(

Nag-offer kami ni ricky to go to your place but no reply from u yet lord_v!
Di ka nagreply meaning di ka agree na kasama kami...we assumed may plan ka i-copy right ba?

I really wanted to test it sana on my HT. How about bringing any of you to my home then test the DVDs in my place? Kaya lang it will take your time and I live on Las Pinas pa.

So I guess giving my word that I won't copy it isn't enough huh? Oh well, I guess trust is hard to come by these days... I hope some of us may realize one day that not all people we meet have bad intentions. Anyway, I respect your right to property. Good luck to the rest of your projects. 

Ok...PM kita pag may time ako...test natin sa HT mo.

bro sige im willing to lend it to you ;) basta kasama ako ;D available ako weekdays from 9 to 5 ;D

Offline Blu-Ray

• DVD Addict
  • More titles coming
  • Liked:
« Reply #1268 on: May 16, 2007 at 01:12 AM »

Alam mo pare...pera yung pinag-ipunan na sinasabi mo although pinagpaguran din sa pag-ipon. Yung pagod namin dito di mabibili ng PERA Mo. Yung iPod na sinasabi mo may equivalent value, ito wala. Ang hirap sa ating pinoy puro salita, puro bulaklak ng dila.

X: "Bro, pahiram naman ng thesis mo."
Y: "Ayoko nga, pinag-hirapan ko to e kokopyahin mo lang"
Y: "Ano gusto mo suntukan?!"

Offline Blu-Ray

• DVD Addict
  • More titles coming
  • Liked:
« Reply #1269 on: May 16, 2007 at 01:43 AM »
Hoist...makikisingit lang.....baka naman meron mga tao dito na gumagamit lang ng alternick hahahaha. Nag uusap sa thread pero iisang tao lang bwahahahaha.

Baka kilala itong si lord sa ibang name.

teka meron na ba nag-initiate ng another project (is it the fourth already)? ::)

Wala pa. Mag-iingat kami sa pagpili kung magkakaroon ulit. Di pwede pumasok mga kontra bida. Sorry guyz.

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #1270 on: May 16, 2007 at 08:05 AM »
Alam mo pare...pera yung pinag-ipunan na sinasabi mo although pinagpaguran din sa pag-ipon. Yung pagod namin dito di mabibili ng PERA Mo. Yung iPod na sinasabi mo may equivalent value, ito wala. Ang hirap sa ating pinoy puro salita, puro bulaklak ng dila.

X: "Bro, pahiram naman ng thesis mo."
Y: "Ayoko nga, pinag-hirapan ko to e kokopyahin mo lang"
Y: "Ano gusto mo suntukan?!"

Ha ha ha ha Suntukan? inuman na lang, malasing sya bayad ;D Ernie yung alaga mo high-blood na naman :D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007 at 08:06 AM by ricky »

Offline Lantis

• Collector
  • Dattebayo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1271 on: May 16, 2007 at 09:59 AM »
Wala pa. Mag-iingat kami sa pagpili kung magkakaroon ulit. Di pwede pumasok mga kontra bida. Sorry guyz.
hahaha :-) nagtatanong lang sir masyado naman kayong high blood e ;D
Back from the grave!

Offline reynold

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Now a Name... Soon a LEGEND!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1272 on: May 16, 2007 at 10:53 AM »
Hahaha, another hot discussion na naman ng pinoydvd, hehehe  ;D ;D ;D

Ingat lang po mga bro, baka mabasa na naman 'to ni mareng EMMA, sikat na naman tayo nyan sa ibang thread  ;)

I Love PinoyDVD... Peace  ;) ;) ;)
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline wolvenfang

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Don't beat urself up!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1273 on: May 16, 2007 at 11:32 AM »
hindi rin natin maaalis ang maiingit ng ibang tao. anyway its thier project and they can have it for all i care :D
anyway ive decided to share with you all the details to download the dvd demo discs... you need an FTP client for this :D

This is FREE and NOT to be sold by ANYONE i just have to make that clear. this is from the great guys from the AVS forums. at least SOME poeple think that thier work is worth sharing to the world. :)

Server:
-------
blaze.gotdns.com

Login Info
----------
ID: avsuser
PW: dvds4me

A Summary of All DVDs available can be downloaded here or directly off the FTP Site
http://blaze.gotdns.com/demos/HT%20...c%20Summary.doc

NOTE: To download the DVD ISO files, you must use a "true" FTP client (a browser will not work).

WS-FTP has a FREE trial that works very well. It can be downloaded here:
http://www.ipswitch.com/products/ws_ftp/home/index.asp

FREE FTP apps (have not tried them myself):
-------------------------------------------
CoreFTP
http://www.coreftp.com

SmartFTP
http://www.download.com/SmartFTP/30...j=dl&tag=button

FileZilla
(download the one ending with "_setup.exe")
http://sourceforge.net/project/show...ackage_id=15149

For Our Mac Users
-----------------
FTP Apps:
http://www.yummysoftware.com/
http://www.panic.com/transmit/

ISO Burner:
http://www.apple.com/downloads/maco...implyburns.html

If you prefer a Torrent, there is a Tracker hosted with some (not all) the Demo DVDs.
------------------------------------
http://bob4432.sytes.net:6583/

Enjoy the DVDs!

Steve

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1274 on: May 16, 2007 at 12:02 PM »

Malakas nga kutob ko dito. I have suspects but tahimik na lang tayo. Pag inuman na lang pag usapan yung mga crabs. ok yan ah, pinoycrabs.com! :D

Ok din yung download links ni savage, doon na lang kumuha yung mga gusto ng Demo disk so they can leave Bluray's no borrow/ no copying policy alone. Thanks bro for sharing the links. :)

Sa totoo lang iba yung ni download from rips & burn lang at iba pa rin yung pinaghirapan ni Blu (plus others): Both in quality & number of time & effort spent ;D.

Most people will never understand what Blu  went through to complete the entire project ( :-*@$$ alert!). Sadly, thats why crab mentality is obviously surfacing (for some). Sa bagay, kung pinoy nga nagsusumbong sa U.S. sa kapwa nya, demo disk pa kaya... :D

Thus the suggestion of blu to these people: Make & author your own demo disk so you will understand... but let me guess---you wont... will you? Mas mabilis magsalita sa forum kesa i experience yung hirap. di ba? ;)

Peace...

Hi guys, you can do it yourselves naman eh actually.

Here is a step by step procedure:

1.) Look for Aragorn 10 of pinoyex or whoever he is in pdvd
2.) ask him to learn basic DVD editing skills (xx hrs)
3.) Let him organize a group of orig. DVD collectors who have HT's (xxx hrs)
4.) Let him meet all of these busy people here & there (whoa! hrs & daysss) to GET the DVD's, one of the hardest parts. Lemme see his face after this part ;D
5.) Compile & edit his demo DVD  (xxx hrs & days)
6.) Burn a copy of his compilation for approval to a QC officer w/ a good HT (XXX hrs)
7.) Go to the QC officer's place to take note on what to delete & retain, plus improvements.
8.) work on the improvements (xxx hrs)
9.) DO steps 5-8 over & over until satisfaction, debates + arguments included (sometimes heated) (xxx hrs + stress)

10.) Coordinate w/ those doing DVD covers & packaging (hrs & days)
11.) Bring out his money to buy X number of DVD's for each participant & abono for the packaging too (over over Php20k, still reading arogant_10? ;D)
12.) Burn the DVD's for all participants (xxx hrs, in Bluray's case  :o hrs of puyat cuz every disk was labeled w/ the participants name... just imagine re processing 7 disks for 12 people... :o )
13.) Finalize everything & meet everyone to give em their copy after several months of work, stress, puyat etc.

Then for his happiness, aragorn 10 can mass produce & lend his work to everyone in pinoydvd. Siya naman may "SAY" kasi siya gumawa lahat.   ;)

Para masaya lahat! Walang galit! hahaha :D

PS: Joke lang....a10! ;D :D :-*

Forgot to add, blu bought a new PC to complete the project in time. Beat that!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007 at 03:02 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #1275 on: May 16, 2007 at 12:10 PM »
Question lang pow sa Part II ng project. Can't remember kung sino sino mga member. Do you allow copying ba? bakit kami lang affected. Back-up naman kau jan.
Full support rin ako sa policy mo Blu.   :)  I hope some guys here would acknowledge and understand that.   Di rin namin pinagdadamot ito, as per rules, pwede ma-preview, as long as the copy's owner can come too.  I hope sense and reason prevails here. 
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007 at 12:17 PM by Munskie »

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1276 on: May 16, 2007 at 12:17 PM »
Interested ako sa hd project  8)

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #1277 on: May 16, 2007 at 12:18 PM »
Now guys you now know how people feel if their intellectual property rights are violated. its not just the actual cost but all other matters or the nitty gritties involved in the production.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007 at 12:54 PM by jerix »
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #1278 on: May 16, 2007 at 12:24 PM »
Now guys you now know how people feel if their intellectual property rights are violated. its not just the actual cost but all other matters or the nitty gritty involved in the production.  ;)
Yup that's why we dont want to make many copies of it in the first place ;) Im sure yung downloaded files nyo na hindi ipinagdamot ng iba ay may consent from their respective studios ;) ::) ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1279 on: May 16, 2007 at 12:31 PM »
Did those rips have permission from the makers?

Come to think of it, pag na copy illegally yung Demo disk project 1 or 3 eh baka for download na rin sya ngayon sa site na yan.

Higit na mas maganda pa naman gawa ni blu compared sa mga yan...
COMBINED. 
:D :D :D

« Last Edit: May 16, 2007 at 12:38 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline reynold

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1280 on: May 16, 2007 at 01:19 PM »
Thanks for the link savage, that was great, malaking tulong din yan bro :)

i'm in favor of blu's policy, he has all the rights, he owned it, pinaghirapan nya yun e... actually hindi naman nila pinagdadamot for they are willing to lend it naman sa mga members as long as di maka-copy yung mga demo discs... and i don't see any problems with that...

To tell you honestly my fellow members, nung una medyo naisip ko, ang dadamot naman ng mga taong 'to kasi ang thinking ko nun is... this is PinoyDVD where everyone is sharing almost everything, talents, gears, wisdom, etc... di po ba? pero habang sinusundan ko ang thread na 'to, makikita naman natin yung hirap nila blu dun sa project, when i read the steps on how to make the demo disc nga (posted by blu), ayan dun pa lang di na sila nagdamot kasi tinuruan pa tayo... Mahirap pala gumawa nun, mahal plus the time and effort na uubusin, di ba? kaya naiintindihan ko na sila ngayon, ako man lumagay sa lugar nila malamang di lang yun ang mga conditions ko, hehehe  ;D

IMO wala talaga dapat pagtalunan dito ;) ;) ;)

wish ko rin makita kung gano kaganda yung mga demo disc, curious lang po, hehehe sana one time matikman naman sya ng setup ko kahit sandali lang, hehehe  ;) ;) ;)

GOD Bless!!!  ;)
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #1281 on: May 16, 2007 at 01:23 PM »
Please clarify: What is the Demo Disc Group's reason for prohibiting reproduction?

Is it because Blu will not be compensated for his efforts and expenses?

Or is it because the group is concerned about copyright issues?

I was formerly under the impression that the reason was respect for the Intellectual Property Code, specifically under Sec. 187 thereof, which states:

"... the private reproduction of a published work in a single copy, where the reproduction is made by a natural person exclusively for research and private study, shall be permitted, without the authorization of the owner of copyright in the work"

http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=46267.msg529463#msg529463

However, after the comments posted above, I'm not so sure anymore.  Please clarify.

========================================================

Apparently, sir savagecross has better things to do than bother himself about the provisions of R.A. 8293 (Intellectual Property Code of the Philippines). 

... anyway ive decided to share with you all the details to download the dvd demo discs...

... This is FREE and NOT to be sold by ANYONE i just have to make that clear. this is from the great guys from the AVS forums. at least SOME poeple think that thier work is worth sharing to the world. :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007 at 01:34 PM by barrister »

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #1282 on: May 16, 2007 at 01:42 PM »
Thanks for the link savage, that was great, malaking tulong din yan bro :)

i'm in favor of blu's policy, he has all the rights, he owned it, pinaghirapan nya yun e... actually hindi naman nila pinagdadamot for they are willing to lend it naman sa mga members as long as di maka-copy yung mga demo discs... and i don't see any problems with that...

To tell you honestly my fellow members, nung una medyo naisip ko, ang dadamot naman ng mga taong 'to kasi ang thinking ko nun is... this is PinoyDVD where everyone is sharing almost everything, talents, gears, wisdom, etc... di po ba? pero habang sinusundan ko ang thread na 'to, makikita naman natin yung hirap nila blu dun sa project, when i read the steps on how to make the demo disc nga (posted by blu), ayan dun pa lang di na sila nagdamot kasi tinuruan pa tayo... Mahirap pala gumawa nun, mahal plus the time and effort na uubusin, di ba? kaya naiintindihan ko na sila ngayon, ako man lumagay sa lugar nila malamang di lang yun ang mga conditions ko, hehehe  ;D

IMO wala talaga dapat pagtalunan dito ;) ;) ;)

wish ko rin makita kung gano kaganda yung mga demo disc, curious lang po, hehehe sana one time matikman naman sya ng setup ko kahit sandali lang, hehehe  ;) ;) ;)

GOD Bless!!!  ;)

Saan location mo bro baka pwede ka mabisita :)

Offline Lantis

• Collector
  • Dattebayo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1283 on: May 16, 2007 at 01:55 PM »
Please clarify: What is the Demo Disc Group's reason for prohibiting reproduction?

I was formerly under the impression that the reason was respect for the Intellectual Property Code, specifically under Sec. 187 thereof, which states:

"... the private reproduction of a published work in a single copy, where the reproduction is made by a natural person exclusively for research and private study, shall be permitted, without the authorization of the owner of copyright in the work"

http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=46267.msg529463#msg529463

However, after the comments posted above, I'm not so sure anymore.  Please clarify.

========================================================

Apparently, sir savagecross has better things to do than bother himself about the provisions of R.A. 8293 (Intellectual Property Code of the Philippines). 

ayan na si Atty!! demandahan na yan o!! hahaha! (joke lang sir barrister ;D)
Back from the grave!

Offline reynold

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1284 on: May 16, 2007 at 02:31 PM »
Saan location mo bro baka pwede ka mabisita :)

Sir sa Maysilo, Malabon pa kasi ako nakatira e =)
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1285 on: May 16, 2007 at 02:40 PM »

Atty, I believe its first & foremost for the copyright issues, if you look back at the posts, it becomes more apparent that some people do not give a d*mn about copyright (under the guise of borrowing but the owner cant be there), thus some of the comments switched to appeal to readers about the efforts of Blu & his right to declare his policy.

Blu never made a cent from the project, I estimate his "abono" is even bigger, since he bought a new PC to complete the project & he never charged for his miscelaneous expenses. So compensation was never the issue.

In fact, the only compensation he asked for was the "No copying" policy .. w/c obviously has the copyright issue in mind.

too bad some people cant respect ANY of this.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007 at 05:58 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #1286 on: May 16, 2007 at 03:42 PM »

yaiks ang layo mo sa akin bro :(

Offline reynold

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1287 on: May 16, 2007 at 04:26 PM »

yaiks ang layo mo sa akin bro :(

That's ok, no problem bro  :)

ygpm pala  :)
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #1288 on: May 16, 2007 at 05:26 PM »
ayan na si Atty!! demandahan na yan o!! hahaha! (joke lang sir barrister ;D)

Hindi, a ... inaawat ko pa nga sila, e.  ;D

Atty, I believe its first & foremost for the copyright issues, if you look back at the posts, it becomes more apparent that some people do not give a d*mn about copyright (under the guise of borrowing but the owner cant be there), thus some of the comments switched to appeal to readers about the efforts of Blu & his right to declare his policy.

That's what I thought.  The old posts prove that the primary consideration for the prohibition was copyright issues, and that effort and expenses are merely secondary.

Ang problema kasi, the impression of the new posters is that the no-copy policy is primarily based on the premise na lugi si sir Blu sa pagod at gastos. 

But if the no-copy policy is based on the premise that copying might be a violation of intellectual property laws, then sir savagecross' point becomes irrelevant. 

Kung ang issue ay copyright, hindi na kasali sa usapan ang punto niya na meron daw madamot at hindi madamot. 

ps. i don't want the credit for this i just want to prove that there are guys out their who are willing to share their work not like some people i know :)

... like i said i don't want credit for this. i just want to prove that there are guys that like to share their work, no matter how much time and effort they used to make their so called "world class" demo discs... :p
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007 at 06:08 PM by barrister »

Offline ESi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1289 on: May 16, 2007 at 07:50 PM »

Hello Reynold,

I noticed you live in Maysilo Malabon. Well guess what...I live in Tugatog Malabon. Il PM you my contact numbers so we can talk about it. May Circles ba jan sa Maysilo? Hehehehe ;D ;)
Ars longa, Vita Brevis, Judicium dificile