Author Topic: great home theater sound and fine music can really be done by a single avr?  (Read 1314 times)

Offline saki

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • enjoy & reellaaxxxxxxsssh!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
i set my first ht on june'04, it was a denon 1604 and a set of procinema 80, and a cheap pioneer dvd player. just this month i replaced my avr with harman-kardon 335, though it greatly improved my audio in either ht or music, dynamically and in details, i want your honest comment on my set up. since am also falling for music, especially audiophile, am planning to buy  hdcd cd player in the future for independent source for music. budget is an issue for now if i'll set up again another for music. am also planning to buy another pair of speaker, wharfdale 9.1, and line it to the avr's zone2 speaker for 2-channel music. i would greatly appreciate your comments and suggestions.  ;D ???
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2005 at 10:00 PM by saki »
saki

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Hi saki.

Trust your ears. Having seperate setups for audio and HT doesn't mean the HT setup can't do good music and vice versa.

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
Hi saki.

Trust your ears.

KOREK!  ;D

If ur happy with what u hear thats all u need bro. In this hobby of ours, its not wise to let your mind influenced by other ears not yours.  ;)
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
just invest on software (cd's, dvd's) first and if you have an ample collection then thats the time you can consider changing your system.

Offline arthurallanj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
Of course it can be achieved. Personal preference should always be top priority. Its always good to listen to other set ups to know the difference in sound between yours and theirs. The problem would now arise from finding set ups that you like better than yours. It may not necessarily be more expensive than yours but it's still the urge to change that would be haunting you. We PinoyDVDers call it SARS (mga bro, paki post nga ng acronym ng SARS, please?  ;D). On the other hand, I think that saying that great audio and HT can be achieved by just one set up is going to be quite a feat, especially budget-wise. Often, but not always, getting a set up that is great in both audio and HT is more expensive than getting separate set ups. Personally, I like the way our audio set up sounds in the office more than my Yamaha's audio. I work at a radio station and our production booth only has a Pioneer amp, barely even mid entry, a pc and Daiichi CT series speakers. Yet, it rocks. Ask some audiophiles here, many have had the experience of getting a more expensive single set up for both applications instead of getting separate set ups. It's kinda like saying that you can get great HT soound from HTIBs. Good, yes, but not great. I just think it's always good to get separates. Besides, the fact that you already have a separate amp and a separate player is already going the "separates path" instead of getting an HTIB or an all-in-one system. Again, Personal Preference is still top priority. Just me, though.  ;D
Making the most of what I've got

Offline Platinum

• Trade Count: (+185)
  • Collector
  • Happy with what I have, working for what I want...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
For me, CONTENTMENT is the key. I'm happy with my current setup. That's all.  :)
Enjoy what you have!

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 912
of course it can be done. with careful planning of the gears that you will purchase you are well on your way to acheiving a system that can achieve both music and HT.  personal preference/budget/room/type of music will all play a big role in determining the route on which you will take  when it comes to upgrading gears that can double duty as HT/music system.  take your time and choose wisely.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline saki

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • enjoy & reellaaxxxxxxsssh!!!
  • Liked:
thank u so much for all your replies! i'll take note on that. Since you've been into this craze for a very long time now, at least can you rate my ht set up as a start for begginers like me? aside from the reviews that i read from the internet, which i dont know if it' s acurate or just a paid ad, iba un galing sa totoong tao. ;D what can you say about the hk335 and def tech cinema pro80. tama kayo mga bro! ;)  it's should be our own ears to be pleased, but i think my taste and standard to this kind of hobby would improve and should improve through your comments and suggestions, since am just an apprentice. though i highly preffered a not much expensive set-up, i believe there are products that have great quality yet the price are much affordable, and that's the time we really need you guys as our kuya's here. thanks again so much!
saki