Author Topic: 2006 Brands Comparison Thread: YES 32" vs OXXO 32"  (Read 18343 times)

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
2006 Brands Comparison Thread: YES 32" vs OXXO 32"
« on: Jan 30, 2006 at 11:28 AM »
I'm planning on purchasing an LCD TV with in the next month or so... medyo low budget lang kaya I'm looking at the low priced models from Yes, Kolin Syntax and ViewSonic...

Any owners here of any of these brands? I've seen reviews on the Syntax but none so far for Yes and ViewSonic. Would appreciate any feedback. The Yes looks very nice at a low price.  

The Syntax 32" SRP I think is 89K available fo 18 months 0% installment at Anson
Yes 32" = 84.5K available for 12 months 0% installment at Listening Group stores
ViewSonic 32" = 89K at Sights & Sounds - no installment plan

I'm also considering the Hitachi 32PD7800 plasma going for 119,500 if there are inputs also for this model

TIA  ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2010 at 02:50 PM by iiinas »

Offline yakisoba

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Let The Games Begin!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Yes vs Syntax vs ViewSonic
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2006 at 03:33 PM »
planning to get the 32" Syntax also .. is this 89k na lang sa ansons?   What color is the frame of this unit?  SILVER or BLACK?   The Silver frame are the older units while the black frame are the newer ones.

Been searching also some reviews from the Viewsonic LCD monitor specifically the 27" - - it's a good LCD from the reviews I've read.  Not sure about the 32" though.     

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2006 at 03:54 PM »
planning to get the 32" Syntax also .. is this 89k na lang sa ansons?   What color is the frame of this unit?  SILVER or BLACK?   The Silver frame are the older units while the black frame are the newer ones.

Been searching also some reviews from the Viewsonic LCD monitor specifically the 27" - - it's a good LCD from the reviews I've read.  Not sure about the 32" though.     

The Syntax is the silver one but I may have the price wrong... the 26" one is 69K

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2006 at 02:47 PM »
I have viewed these LCDs at different times.  I was impressed by Viewsonic>Syntax>YES.  IMHO ;D

Offline taggart

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • clean out that earwax for optimum sound exp!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2006 at 10:09 PM »
i'm impressed by the 20" Yes lcd with integrated dvd player though.  pwede na for the price.(P34,500)  4:3 lang nga aspect ratio. 

sir jeckjeck,

i've seen the 32pd7800 and am also impressed by the PQ.  dunno how good it is with analog cable though. 

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2006 at 12:43 AM »
If that's the Yes... yes it is very nice but I found the picture on the dark side... well maybe baka calibration lang kailangan...

Offline yakisoba

• Collector
  • Let The Games Begin!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2006 at 07:11 AM »
Out of the 3 (YES, SYNTAX, VIEWSONIC) which is better???   

Offline alexg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2006 at 08:18 AM »
Out of the 3 (YES, SYNTAX, VIEWSONIC) which is better???   

I would go with the Syntax, I read a review of the 32" viewsonic and it placed last among 5 brands, saw a unit at Anson when I was looking for my LCD, and I was not impressed with the .. I have not seen the YES brand yet.

BTW, Kolin Phil. does not make the Syntax, they are the service center for Syntax, Syntax is made in Taiwan and the company is a US based group of companies.

Maybe in a couple of years, Syntax will be as good as the mainstream brands of LCD, they are doing agressive marketing in the US (ala LG style).
I went fishing the other day, and I caught a BIG ONE!

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2006 at 06:10 PM »
The Yes LCD TV is being offered now at 24 months installment at Listening Group stores but SRP is higher versus the 12 month plan... at 24 months, monthly installment is P3,950 for a total of P94,800 versus P84,500 for the 12 month plan...

Offline Depth of Field

• Collector
  • Be Thankful!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Feb 03, 2006 at 07:54 PM »
I have the syntax 42" plasma. Had it for 1.5 yrs already. very impressed. component video for my dvd and picture quality is great. and when i connect my pc to it, the colors of the pics are stunning!

Offline yakisoba

• Collector
  • Let The Games Begin!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Feb 03, 2006 at 10:48 PM »
yeah Syntax has good reviews sa states.

Hopefully this brand get's cheaper here sa Pinas - - almost half the price siya sa Hong kong and US. 

Offline taggart

• Collector
  • clean out that earwax for optimum sound exp!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Feb 05, 2006 at 09:43 PM »
If that's the Yes... yes it is very nice but I found the picture on the dark side... well maybe baka calibration lang kailangan...

yep it's not that detailed pero sa presyo mura kasi.  i hope nga sa calibration lang. 

so syntax is good huh?  medyo pricey lang dito. 

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Feb 05, 2006 at 10:04 PM »
Yes is priced at P79,500 at Ambassador and PriceSmart wala nga lang installment schemes...  but price has been going down significantly since December... who knows baka in a few months nasa 60s or 50s na lang ito...

Offline odontek

• Collector
  • Hi, bear with me I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Plasma HDTV Pioneer PDP436HDG or Hitachi 42PD8800TA
« Reply #13 on: Mar 05, 2006 at 01:16 PM »
Hi all, one more month and I'm ready to get my Plasma. It's been a long wait and now I'm ready but I'm still trying to figure out which one to get ???. Will this high def broadcast be available in the near future? Is it worth it? What are your thoughts on this one. Thanks. :)
« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2006 at 03:04 PM by odontek »

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
Re: Plasma HDTV or EDTV
« Reply #14 on: Mar 14, 2006 at 12:41 PM »
High Definition broadcast will not be in this country for a long while, unless the stations suddenly upgrade their broadcast equipment like what they are frantically doing in the US.  But every indication points to HD-DVD and Blu-Ray discs and players to become prevalent locally within the next 2-3 years.  As well as those PS3 and Xbox games.  So you'd definitely be better with a true HDTV monitor.  But be sure it's HDTV,  not HD-ready.  Ensure  that  the unit has HDMI terminals.  Any so-called HDTV without cannot be HDTV but only HD ready.  Digital tuners are also a must for HDTV. HDTV is DIGITAL, period.   Units with only analogue tuners is a dead giveaway it is not HDTV.  And it must be capable of at least 720p resolution.   Because widescreen 1280 x 720 at 50hz progressive is the native HD resolution. Anything less is also a giveaway it is not HDTV.   
« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2006 at 12:42 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • There is a choice...death or immortality....
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Mar 14, 2006 at 01:31 PM »
Hi all, one more month and I'm ready to get my Plasma. It's been a long wait and now I'm ready but I'm still trying to figure out which one to get ???. Will this high def broadcast be available in the near future? Is it worth it? What are your thoughts on this one. Thanks. :)

Hi I'm looking at getting a plasma as well what models are you looking at?

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Mar 14, 2006 at 04:14 PM »
There is a 50k difference between HD and EDTV.

I heard from a store that they recommend EDTV if you watch TV from your plasma, they had difficulty making HD units look good for our standard cable TV reception cuz its got higher resolution.

If you watch close to the TV, the pixels are quite visible with EDTVs. But this wont be a problem if you sit a good distance from the TV.

If you use the plasma only for movies and watch close to the TV, HD plasmas would be a better choice.

just my 2 cents

Offline odontek

• Collector
  • Hi, bear with me I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Mar 14, 2006 at 05:49 PM »
Thanks alot for the replies, the plasma will be used mainly for videos and not for cable tv broadcast. I'm planning to get the 43" Pioneer w/c I think is an HDTV but some people suggest that the Samsung would also be a good choice  :).  Any comparison on the two? Thanks again.

Offline protege

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Mar 14, 2006 at 06:12 PM »
i think samsung is more famous for its lcd panel than plasma panels. for plasma, panasonic is one of the biggest player in that field.

Offline Titanium

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • "There is always a better way"
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Mar 15, 2006 at 09:24 AM »
  But every indication points to HD-DVD and Blu-Ray discs and players to become prevalent locally within the next 2-3 years.  As well as those PS3 and Xbox games.  So you'd definitely be better with a true HDTV monitor. 

Hi Av_Phile1,

Would an EDTV play blu ray movies and HD-DVD movies well too? I know theres a difference using a real HDTV but can it satisfactorily show the better features of the blu ray/hd dvd discs?

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Mar 15, 2006 at 10:02 AM »

Hi Av_Phile1,

Would an EDTV play blu ray movies and HD-DVD movies well too? I know theres a difference using a real HDTV but can it satisfactorily show the better features of the blu ray/hd dvd discs?

The problem is that most (if not all) EDTVs don't even have digital HDMI or DVI teminals that support HDCP that is the de facto protection standard and a must-have for all HD content in players and broadcasts, so how can they connect to a Blu-ray or HD-DVD player which have HDMI or DVI and expect HD content to pass thru?.  If the player has component or S-video terminals, which I suspect they will have for downward compatibility, then expect a downsampling or downward transcription from the 720p resolution of the HD disc to your standard 480i DVD so you can play on an EDTV via analog connection.  For sure the EDTV will display the video better than ordinary displays as they may do some upsampling (not so sure here as upsampling is often done thru DVI or HDMI terminals).  But let me reiterate what is a unanimous observation/comment on most forums about HDTV:  True  HDTV will thrash any upsampled standard DVD. 

So what happens is that your HD-DVD or blu ray player downsamples the video content to DVD level, converts it to analog and passes it as progressive video via component.  Then the EDTV accepts the analog signal, converts it digital to be processed in the EDTV's native resolution.  OTH, true HDTV is digital ALL the way from player to monitor.  No conversion no upsampling (some maybe).  The player's downsampling and conversion alone guarantees signal losses for the EDTV , so you can't benefit from the promise of HD. 
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2006 at 11:41 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Mar 15, 2006 at 11:53 AM »
i think samsung is more famous for its lcd panel than plasma panels. for plasma, panasonic is one of the biggest player in that field.

According to an article, 2005's  biggest plasma sellers:
1.) Panasonic
2.) LG
3.) Samsung
4.) Philips
5.) Hitachi

Offline xmvcx

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Mar 20, 2006 at 10:26 PM »
anyone got complete specs for the syntax models?? particularly the 20inch and 27inch model? ano native resolution nito? planning to hook it up my PC.. anyone got the current price for these models???

Offline papelandia

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Apr 18, 2006 at 12:56 PM »
price of YES 32" at listening room down to 79,600 ( 12 months to pay  at 0% )

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Apr 18, 2006 at 02:37 PM »
Really pays to wait.  ;D

Offline papelandia

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Apr 18, 2006 at 04:41 PM »
Sir AV,

what do u think of the price of YES. Is it already worth it?  If i were to ask you, do u prefer YES, SYNTAX OR VIEWSONIC?

Offline Funky_Monkey

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Apr 22, 2006 at 03:48 AM »
the syntax LCD TV is great, maybe you guys are interested: http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=50879.0

Only problem is you want a bigger one after you experience LCD TV. :D

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Apr 26, 2006 at 04:18 PM »
Sir AV,

what do u think of the price of YES. Is it already worth it?  If i were to ask you, do u prefer YES, SYNTAX OR VIEWSONIC?

Sorry, would like to help but I have no prior knowledge or experience with any to state my preference.  Their prices are genuinely attractive enough to consider. I am sure they will still go down further sooner or later.    I suggest you do a google search on these to learn more and try to test each  with a true HD source.  Check to see of there's DVI and HDMI terminals - a must for High Definition future-proofing.  And see if the native resolution is 720p or 1080i  - the minimum for true HD.    Lastly, stare on the screen for a few minutes at close range - say 1 foot away and no eyestrain or fatigue develops.  Check first the Bravia LCD screens at any Sony Center and see if those brands are anywhere near the fantastic quality of those SOny LCDs. 

Offline papelandia

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Apr 27, 2006 at 10:20 AM »
Thanks Sir AV

Offline jeppoy

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
YES 32" vs OXXO 32"
« Reply #29 on: Apr 29, 2006 at 01:32 PM »
Guys! Ive been in listening ro0m megamall and just saw the YES 32 priced at 79,600 12 mos 0% interest and the OXXO 32 priced at 69,950 12 mos 0& interest also. I'm planning to get one. Which of the two ,you think is the better one?
Any feedback? Thanks!