Author Topic: Dead or Stuck Pixel?  (Read 764 times)

Offline rear_naked_choke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Dead or Stuck Pixel?
« on: Feb 13, 2006 at 07:19 PM »
Ok, so here's what I understand (please correct me if I'm wrong):

Dead Pixel: One of the red, green or blue pixels is gone, so that color doesn't come out anymore when it needs to (i.e. when grass is shown, a dead green pixel appears as black)

Stuck Pixel: One of the red, green or blue pixels is always on, so it's always there even when it's not needed (i.e. a stuck red pixel on a picture of blood is okay, but when a stuck red pixel is on a picture of the sea, the red, which is not supposed to be there, mixes with the blue, and you get a violet pixel)

In any case, my Panasonic AE-300 (which is less than a year old) just developed two near-adjacent defective reddish pixels (near the center pa, grrr...).  The weird thing is they don't seem to be exactly Dead or Stuck.   

- When the picture is pure blue or pure green (no red component), there is no blue+red (violet) or green+red mixed-color pixel, so it's not Stuck.  As a matter of fact, the picture appears to have no bad pixels whatsoever.

- But when the picture has some red in it (not necessarily pure red, just some red), you can see two red dots.

- If you switch from a non-red picture (say, pure green) to a picture with some red, the two dots will actually be pure black.  Then slowly, the dots will get redder and redder until they reach a certain level of redness.

- Strangely, even on a pure-red screen (the sample red demo of the projector), the red dots can still be seen.  Their intensity is higher than regular red.  This made the Panasonic technician think that it might be possible that the problem might be in the board rather than in the LCD panels (maybe some sort of voltage problem).

Any ideas?

Offline bravoexo

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Re: Dead or Stuck Pixel?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2006 at 03:49 PM »
That happened to our Philips 55" RPTV...    some insects got inside the lamp (wierd really)... and the result was a complete changeup of the three lamps. 

In any case, it was the most annoying thing I could see....damn thant spot.!
Sony KDL-55W904A, HK AVR330, DAV-DZ950, Xbox One, 360 and PS3, Wharfedale Diamond 8.4, PSW110

Offline rolydevenecia

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: Dead or Stuck Pixel?
« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2006 at 10:33 AM »
Mga Bro pixel po ay how the resolution of tv is viewing. and what you saying  that the green color or what ever color is missing for sometimes. The defect is not on pixel but the three gun and one is gun is not functiuoning, In television it has a three primary color that is what we called, the RGB.. red, green and blue. secondary color is yellow, cyan and magenta. If u take a look on the grass usually the color is green pero naging itim kamo green gun driver ang may sira. Bro if u have still problem heres my number. 09158858985.. Roly.. in Makati manila..