Author Topic: Nerveblocker's HT - jaBOOM TWINS  (Read 246005 times)

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Nerveblocker's HT (EPSON 8350 Powered)
« Reply #1410 on: Sep 03, 2011 at 11:53 AM »
Yup XBMC.  Yung Android has an official XBMC remote that syncs with your HTPC via LAN.  Nakikita mo sa android device lahat ng laman ng hard drives mo with thumbnails pa.  When you click any movie lalabas muna ang details such as synopsis and actors then pwede mo na iplay.  

While the movie is playing makikita mo yung thumbnail of the present movie playing and may slider sya na parang sa mga windows media player. You can touch any part of the slider and the movie will jump to that time location. Ayus ba?

:o :o :o

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #1411 on: Sep 04, 2011 at 01:52 PM »
pangit doc!

pangit nung sample na movie  ;D ;D

Hehe! Actually for demo purposes lang yan! Dapat Dinoshark nalang nakasalang.  :D

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #1412 on: Sep 04, 2011 at 02:07 PM »
dapat ito doc
 ;D ;D ;D

ninjababez online ..

Offline dts-HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #1413 on: Sep 05, 2011 at 02:42 PM »
Tagal na pala ako hindi nakadaan dito doc. Buti nakita kita kahapon . . . yun ba in person si txt-ing inday? ;D ;D

Dami bagong toys ah, iba talaga pag HTPC mas madami pwede gawin lahat andyan na. Time to revisit xbmc siguro, been hearing a lot of good things about what it can do now. Congrats!

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1414 on: Sep 12, 2011 at 12:30 PM »
Tagal na pala ako hindi nakadaan dito doc. Buti nakita kita kahapon . . . yun ba in person si txt-ing inday? ;D ;D

Dami bagong toys ah, iba talaga pag HTPC mas madami pwede gawin lahat andyan na. Time to revisit xbmc siguro, been hearing a lot of good things about what it can do now. Congrats!

Uy brader Luther sorry di kita napansin last time...ang nakita ko yung dala mong pampabata. Haha! Yup with XBMC Dharma, dami ng nagagawa with new skins, apps and programs. Try mo! Love it!

Alam ko din it plays BDs pero yung movie lang but DD, DTS lang ang audio but good enough.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1415 on: Sep 17, 2011 at 08:57 AM »

At last I was able to install my rockwool panels properly.   ;D

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1416 on: Sep 17, 2011 at 09:55 AM »
di mo nako naantay doc
di ko ma-imagine na nag hard labor ka mukhang di bagay. hehehe
ninjababez online ..

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1417 on: Sep 17, 2011 at 06:50 PM »
di mo nako naantay doc
di ko ma-imagine na nag hard labor ka mukhang di bagay. hehehe

Took me an hour to install both na walang assist ha. Salamat sa tips!  ;D

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1418 on: Sep 18, 2011 at 05:06 AM »
Took me an hour to install both na walang assist ha. Salamat sa tips!  ;D
ako doc mamaya hapon mag update ng pics sa newly painted room. :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1419 on: Sep 18, 2011 at 06:43 AM »

At last I was able to install my rockwool panels properly.   ;D

Has it improved sq? Ano impression mo?
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1420 on: Sep 18, 2011 at 08:59 AM »
Has it improved sq? Ano impression mo?

Yes sir Mark! The improvement that I observed was a clearer dialogue and a seamless integration of my speakers. Sound was less localized on the speakers. It became more enveloping. I didn't change the position of my speakers nor altered the loudness settings of each speakers.

Without the panels, the dialogues were muddled in that I needed to increase the volume of my center speaker in the hope that I would get a clearer result. But these tweaks were in vain. I just had a center speaker with a loud volume but without the quality I was looking for. I think this is always the problem in the forums I've read and the posters account it to a receiver problem. I had a Denon 1803 before and also observed that problem. I thought with another brand like my present Onkyo it would be different. But it was the same.

Adding the panels on its previous postition, had improvement already but not night and day.  In its present position, I am a happy camper.  :D

Seems a room treatment would be the answer to these problems.  ;)

« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2011 at 09:27 AM by nerveblocker »

Offline Billabong

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1421 on: Sep 18, 2011 at 10:57 AM »
Congrats sir! Malaking tulong talaga ang acoustic treatments. ;)

Try mo rin mag add ng external power amp(s). Malaking tulong yun sa clarity, detail and fullness ng tunog as I recently discovered. :)

Offline jao143

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Going back to a more simple set-up ;(
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #1422 on: Sep 18, 2011 at 01:21 PM »

Try mo rin mag add ng external power amp(s). Malaking tulong yun sa clarity, detail and fullness ng tunog as I recently discovered. :)

+100
Iba nga talaga pag may external power amp, mas dynamic ang output nang mga speakers

Sorry for the OT doc,

@ sir Billabong, I'm missing the audio refinement ::)
LG65SK8500
Graham LS3/5a
Rega P8 Fono MC
Rotel RC1572/RB1552mkii
REL T7i
NADC538
Sony HTZF9/49X8500G

Offline Billabong

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1423 on: Sep 18, 2011 at 04:47 PM »
+100
Iba nga talaga pag may external power amp, mas dynamic ang output nang mga speakers

Sorry for the OT doc,

@ sir Billabong, I'm missing the audio refinement ::)

You're welcome to visit her at our place sir. Just text me. :)

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1424 on: Sep 18, 2011 at 05:27 PM »
Yes sir Mark! The improvement that I observed was a clearer dialogue and a seamless integration of my speakers. Sound was less localized on the speakers. It became more enveloping. I didn't change the position of my speakers nor altered the loudness settings of each speakers.

Without the panels, the dialogues were muddled in that I needed to increase the volume of my center speaker in the hope that I would get a clearer result. But these tweaks were in vain. I just had a center speaker with a loud volume but without the quality I was looking for. I think this is always the problem in the forums I've read and the posters account it to a receiver problem. I had a Denon 1803 before and also observed that problem. I thought with another brand like my present Onkyo it would be different. But it was the same.

Adding the panels on its previous postition, had improvement already but not night and day.  In its present position, I am a happy camper.  :D

Seems a room treatment would be the answer to these problems.  ;)

Very true. The first time I installed a bass trap, nagulat ako that a big effect was clarity of the mids. Parang the absorbers remove excess bass which masks the mids.

Dialog clarity is so common a problem. Usually, the problem is bad speaker and positioning. Next is room acoustics. Paminsan, ang hirap lang to get the right treatment. Buti at nakuha mo rin kaya congrats!

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1425 on: Sep 18, 2011 at 05:53 PM »
Very true. The first time I installed a bass trap, nagulat ako that a big effect was clarity of the mids. Parang the absorbers remove excess bass which masks the mids.

Dialog clarity is so common a problem. Usually, the problem is bad speaker and positioning. Next is room acoustics. Paminsan, ang hirap lang to get the right treatment. Buti at nakuha mo rin kaya congrats!

Sir Mark! Madali at konti lang acoustic treatments needed because of the small size of the room. Yours I guess is a lot more complicated.  ;D The 1 hour job that I did just to install those panels was well worth it. Dipa ko sanay sa drilling kagaya ni ninjababez.  ;D

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1426 on: Sep 18, 2011 at 06:48 PM »
Sir Mark! Madali at konti lang acoustic treatments needed because of the small size of the room. Yours I guess is a lot more complicated.  ;D The 1 hour job that I did just to install those panels was well worth it. Dipa ko sanay sa drilling kagaya ni ninjababez.  ;D

Expert talaga si Ninjababez sa pagbubutas.  ;D

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1427 on: Sep 18, 2011 at 11:03 PM »
nagulat nga ako bro mark at tapos na pala.  buti nalang din at pagod na pagod nako sa napakaraming butas na ginawa ko sa new apartment ko  :)
4 holes for surrounds, 12 holes for ceiling/wall, 6 holes for absorbers  :D
ang kalat  :D
ninjababez online ..

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1428 on: Sep 18, 2011 at 11:39 PM »

Haha thanks sa expensive suggestion. Acoustic treatments lang muna kaya ko.  ;D

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1429 on: Sep 18, 2011 at 11:42 PM »

Nagdridrill muna bago magbutas! Matindi ang drill bit nyan!

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1430 on: Sep 19, 2011 at 05:58 AM »
Nagdridrill muna bago magbutas! Matindi ang drill bit nyan!

hahaha .. good morning doc!  :)
nice seeing you and paul again!! :D
post na ang man behind the setup ;D ;D
ninjababez online ..

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1431 on: Sep 19, 2011 at 06:55 AM »

Oba! Basta ikaw sunod!  ;D

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1432 on: Sep 19, 2011 at 09:25 AM »
Oba! Basta ikaw sunod!  ;D
very soon doc!
btw i would have to say a little over 50% improvement overall.  mas evident lang talaga sa center :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1433 on: Sep 19, 2011 at 06:38 PM »
Thanks Doc for the invite. It's my pleasure to visit his HT again for the second time.:D

We tested a few scenes using the King Kong BD. With the improvement done by Doc, this time my listening experience is very smooth. Very nice indeed. This make me wana re-watch my King Kong! :D

As for the audio comparison btw the HTPC (lossy) & PS3 (HD audio), it appears the PS3 has a upper hand as evidenced with the bass effect. HD audio has higher resolution, hence the result is better clarity, better dynamic range and wider frequency response. In Doc's HT room size, the impact of the HD audio could be more apparent. However, this is just my personal opinion. At the end, it's up to an individual's listening preference & go for the one you hear the best. ;)

I'm really impressed with Doc's HTPC setup, interface, thumbnail, skin, etc...they are simply gorgeous when combined with the sharpness of his EPSON 8350!!  Very high tech. Doc also demonstrated using the Android to control the HTPC menus tru wireless. Wow!! :o The EPSON 8350 performance is indeed very good. Enuff said! :)

Overall, Doc has done very well with his HT. It's really cozy. Congrat Doc & I'm sure you will able to enjoy it for many many years to come.  ;)

Nice seeing you again too bro Jam! Will let the Man himself do the honor of posting later. :D

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1434 on: Sep 19, 2011 at 08:36 PM »
Thanks Doc for the invite. It's my pleasure to visit his HT again for the second time.:D

We tested a few scenes using the King Kong BD. With the improvement done by Doc, this time my listening experience is very smooth. Very nice indeed. This make me wana re-watch my King Kong! :D

As for the audio comparison btw the HTPC (lossy) & PS3 (HD audio), it appears the PS3 has a upper hand as evidenced with the bass effect. HD audio has higher resolution, hence the result is better clarity, better dynamic range and wider frequency response. In Doc's HT room size, the impact of the HD audio could be more apparent. However, this is just my personal opinion. At the end, it's up to an individual's listening preference & go for the one you hear the best. ;)

I'm really impressed with Doc's HTPC setup, interface, thumbnail, skin, etc...they are simply gorgeous when combined with the sharpness of his EPSON 8350!!  Very high tech. Doc also demonstrated using the Android to control the HTPC menus tru wireless. Wow!! :o The EPSON 8350 performance is indeed very good. Enuff said! :)

Overall, Doc has done very well with his HT. It's really cozy. Congrat Doc & I'm sure you will able to enjoy it for many many years to come.  ;)

Nice seeing you again too bro Jam! Will let the Man himself do the honor of posting later. :D

Thanks Paul for the advertisement.  ;D Still needs a little tweaking but I'll enjoy my present setup as of the moment until I find something wrong with the system again.  ;D  Thanks for the pics. 

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1435 on: Sep 19, 2011 at 09:09 PM »

Very nice & probably accurate review except for comment on enjoyment for "many many years to come." Kung "weeks", baka maniwala pa ako.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1436 on: Sep 20, 2011 at 01:37 AM »

POSTED!!!  ;D

Very nice & probably accurate review except for comment on enjoyment for "many many years to come." Kung "weeks", baka maniwala pa ako.

Solution: Don't use HT always! Kontra-SARS!  ;D

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #1437 on: Sep 21, 2011 at 12:40 AM »

Ako din.  ;D Itaga natin ito sa bato sir mark.  :D  :D

Haven't you guys noticed, when you treat a room thoroughly, mas higher volume/gain ang required at the same system/gears kesa untreated? Perhaps kasi na-minimized ang reflections.

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1438 on: Sep 21, 2011 at 02:01 AM »
Haven't you guys noticed, when you treat a room thoroughly, mas higher volume/gain ang required at the same system/gears kesa untreated? Perhaps kasi na-minimized ang reflections.
yup ganun din sakin  :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1439 on: Sep 21, 2011 at 10:18 AM »
Ako din.  ;D Itaga natin ito sa bato sir mark.  :D  :D

Uy yung room treatment made my gears sound expensive maski hindi. Kaya walang upgrade muna.