Author Topic: Nerveblocker's HT - jaBOOM TWINS  (Read 245976 times)

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
Re: Nerveblocker's Updated HT (Video on page 20)
« Reply #600 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 09:21 PM »
Thanks again for the accomodation yesterday doc!
Nakalimutan ko kumopya nung Ubuntu sayo para itry ko dun sa isang Pentium 4 ko na pc. Promising na nga na websurfing/download rig ang linux.

Yup maganda talaga ang Linux.  I now prefer this OS better than Windows.  Eh pwede naman lagyan ng Windows ang loob ng linux pero linux parin ang backbone mo so stable sya.  Nakita mo naman ang virtualization diba? 

Layo na ang linux compared to the previous versions na kelangan talaga Computer geek ka to navigate it.  Ngayon parang windows nalang.  ;)

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #601 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 09:24 PM »
BUMILI AKO ULIT NG HTPC!!!!   ;D ;D

Anak ng teteng hubad!!! Lupit mo bro!  Ayaw ba talaga ang audio to SPDIF?  Parang may kulang nga sa basic package ng laptops natin para magamit natin ang digital out.  BTW, I passed by QL the other day and bought the WDTV. 

Patok sya!  Watched 3 mkvs na since I bought it.  ;D

Offline titopepe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #602 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 09:25 PM »
sayang sir, di ko na-audition yung HT niyo. from qc pa kasi kame. hindi talaga kami familiar sa place niyo, no idea kung saan yung tinuturo niyo thru text.
saw your seats, ganda pala ng blue. tawag ko kay miss jen tom kung pwede papalitan ng blue yun pinaorder ko. thanks ulit sa referal sir! ;D

btw, 23 pa lang po ako sir... 

edited na sir!
maselan pala kayo sa word na "papi" ... sorry again sir. ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2009 at 09:55 PM by titopepe »
call me tito... tito pepe!

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #603 on: Jan 27, 2009 at 01:15 AM »
sayang sir, di ko na-audition yung HT niyo. from qc pa kasi kame. hindi talaga kami familiar sa place niyo, no idea kung saan yung tinuturo niyo thru text.
saw your seats, ganda pala ng blue. tawag ko kay miss jen tom kung pwede papalitan ng blue yun pinaorder ko. thanks ulit sa referal sir! ;D

btw, 23 pa lang po ako sir... 

edited na sir!
maselan pala kayo sa word na "papi" ... sorry again sir. ;D

Bro pasensya na kaso di ko talaga gusto si Willie Revillame eh.  :P Ang tawag sa kanya papi. Hindi lahat kasi ginagamit yang name na yan to call other members in this community lalo na na di pa kita kilala.  Remember that not all of the members here are of the same age and I just advise that you use those lingo to those that you really know.  I might mistake papi as you calling me PAPA (a jargon used by gays to call their male partners.  Worse you calling me your Daddy!). It is safer if you could've called me bro, sir, doc, Mel.   This is just my personal comment.  Hope you understand.

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #604 on: Jan 27, 2009 at 08:44 AM »
Anak ng teteng hubad!!! Lupit mo bro!  Ayaw ba talaga ang audio to SPDIF?  Parang may kulang nga sa basic package ng laptops natin para magamit natin ang digital out.  BTW, I passed by QL the other day and bought the WDTV. 

Patok sya!  Watched 3 mkvs na since I bought it.  ;D
pass, di ko na nga nagagamit yung htpc laptop ko eh .. :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline titopepe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #605 on: Jan 27, 2009 at 10:01 AM »
Bro pasensya na kaso di ko talaga gusto si Willie Revillame eh.  :P Ang tawag sa kanya papi. Hindi lahat kasi ginagamit yang name na yan to call other members in this community lalo na na di pa kita kilala.  Remember that not all of the members here are of the same age and I just advise that you use those lingo to those that you really know.  I might mistake papi as you calling me PAPA (a jargon used by gays to call their male partners.  Worse you calling me your Daddy!). It is safer if you could've called me bro, sir, doc, Mel.   This is just my personal comment.  Hope you understand.

my apologies na nga.
afaik been using papi eversince i started posting at the forums, so i can say papi, paps, boss or idol is just normal.
for me, theres no issue if we arent of the same age, i have been with people alot older than me, even older than my dad. yung iba nga kasing age ko na yung mga anak nila e.
no issue for me, if i dont know you or you dont know me as well.
anyway we're here to enjoy the hobby, not to argue.
relax lang, no worries if you don't like to be called papi, its fine be me. =)
just want to say na nasanay lang ako. wag ka na masyado magtampo. ;D
my apologies again. :)

btw, what length nung room niyo? problem ko pala sa room ko yung mga tatamaan ng doors. i have two doors, at the side and back.
i still have 50cm gap from the wall (seats placed at both sides to give way for a corridor ), or 25cm both sides (if i will be placing it at the center).
and saan niyo nakuha yung material sa wall calumn, veneer ata or formica or kung ano man yun.
thanks again sir! ;D
call me tito... tito pepe!

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #606 on: Jan 27, 2009 at 10:12 AM »
my apologies na nga.
afaik been using papi eversince i started posting at the forums, so i can say papi, paps, boss or idol is just normal.
for me, theres no issue if we arent of the same age, i have been with people alot older than me, even older than my dad. yung iba nga kasing age ko na yung mga anak nila e.
no issue for me, if i dont know you or you dont know me as well.
anyway we're here to enjoy the hobby, not to argue.
relax lang, no worries if you don't like to be called papi, its fine be me. =)
just want to say na nasanay lang ako. wag ka na masyado magtampo. ;D
my apologies again. :)

btw, what length nung room niyo? problem ko pala sa room ko yung mga tatamaan ng doors. i have two doors, at the side and back.
i still have 50cm gap from the wall (seats placed at both sides to give way for a corridor ), or 25cm both sides (if i will be placing it at the center).
and saan niyo nakuha yung material sa wall calumn, veneer ata or formica or kung ano man yun.
thanks again sir! ;D

Apologies accepted Ron.  Here are the dimensions of my HT room- Length= !5 ', Width= 9'3".  Distance from the screen to the 1st row- 6'8", 2nd row- 7'11".  Walkway in between the 1st and 2nd row- 15".  Walkway on left side wall- 11.5".  Seats are maxed out touching the right side wall. 

I had the option of having the walkway going to the front at the middle in between the pairs of theater seats but guests specially the tall ones keep hitting my PJ that's why I arranged the seats in such a way to have the walkway on the left side nalang.

On the wall column, I just used wood vinyl tiles to add the elegant look. 

As regards to your door problem, I had mine made to open outwardly coz it will be eating a lot of space if it will open inwardly.  Don't forget those rubber strippings on the sides of your door frame and also the wiper type rubber at the bottom.  Helps in insulating the sound coming from the room. 

I am contemplating on changing my door to glass aluminum ones.  The ones they use in the entrance of banks.  As I have noticed, it has very good noise insulation/reduction both in and out.  Kaso di ko lang nga alam kung ok sa HT.

Example:

I noticed this in the demo rooms of AV surfer.  Their HT is enclosed in a glass room but the sound is kept inside the room without any going out.
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2009 at 10:38 AM by nerveblocker »

Offline gunblade977

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #607 on: Jan 27, 2009 at 11:12 AM »
Yup maganda talaga ang Linux.  I now prefer this OS better than Windows.  Eh pwede naman lagyan ng Windows ang loob ng linux pero linux parin ang backbone mo so stable sya.  Nakita mo naman ang virtualization diba? 

Layo na ang linux compared to the previous versions na kelangan talaga Computer geek ka to navigate it.  Ngayon parang windows nalang.  ;)

Sige pag eexperimentuhan ko rin yang linux sa kabilang pc ko. thanks again.

I had the option of having the walkway going to the front at the middle in between the pairs of theater seats but guests specially the tall ones keep hitting my PJ that's why I arranged the seats in such a way to have the walkway on the left side nalang.

Kilala ko ung isang nakatama sa PJ mo ah  :P :P

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #608 on: Jan 27, 2009 at 11:55 AM »
ako muntik palang .. :P
ninjababez online ..

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #609 on: Jan 27, 2009 at 12:32 PM »
Here are the dimensions of my HT room- Length= !5 ', Width= 9'3".  Distance from the screen to the 1st row- 6'8", 2nd row- 7'11".  Walkway in between the 1st and 2nd row- 15".  Walkway on left side wall- 11.5".  Seats are maxed out touching the right side wall. 

hi doc,

so how big is your screen, at approx, 7 and 8 feet viewing distance, hindi ba nagkaka screen door effect and image?

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #610 on: Jan 27, 2009 at 01:36 PM »
I am contemplating on changing my door to glass aluminum ones.  The ones they use in the entrance of banks.  As I have noticed, it has very good noise insulation/reduction both in and out.  Kaso di ko lang nga alam kung ok sa HT.

Example:

I noticed this in the demo rooms of AV surfer.  Their HT is enclosed in a glass room but the sound is kept inside the room without any going out.

I don't think this is a good idea. That huge glass surface reflects sound and you don't want that. Absorption or diffusion is what you want.
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #611 on: Jan 27, 2009 at 07:16 PM »

Oonga eh.  May sign pa naman ako sa door na Caution: Low Lying Projector.  Break it...consider it sold!!!  Buti nalang di na-misalign.  Kilala ko rin yun.  Mukhang nasa audio nirvana na eh.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #612 on: Jan 27, 2009 at 07:17 PM »
ako muntik palang .. :P

Kung nagkataon, nabili mo na AX100 ko at upgraded na PJ ko ngayon..... ;D

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #613 on: Jan 27, 2009 at 07:19 PM »
hi doc,

so how big is your screen, at approx, 7 and 8 feet viewing distance, hindi ba nagkaka screen door effect and image?

My screen is a 90" diagonal standard 16:9 pull down screen.  With multimedia projectors very evident ang screendoor effect but on home theater pj's minimized ang screen door effect.  At my viewing distance from the 1st row, I didn't notice any.   

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #614 on: Jan 27, 2009 at 07:22 PM »
I don't think this is a good idea. That huge glass surface reflects sound and you don't want that. Absorption or diffusion is what you want.

How about putting a long curtain inside the theater room to cover the glass door?  Would that help?

Offline gunblade977

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #615 on: Jan 27, 2009 at 07:56 PM »
Kung nagkataon, nabili mo na AX100 ko at upgraded na PJ ko ngayon..... ;D

aba .. aba... doc planning to upgrade ng pj ba?

Oonga eh.  May sign pa naman ako sa door na Caution: Low Lying Projector.  Break it...consider it sold!!!  Buti nalang di na-misalign.  Kilala ko rin yun.  Mukhang nasa audio nirvana na eh.
Oo nga eh, audio nirvana na nga, bihira ko na makita mag post dito eh. ::) ::)

Offline threadlock

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #616 on: Jan 27, 2009 at 08:17 PM »
Pwede kaya diffusor door?  ;D

btw doc, what's your viewing distance from the pj?
about 7 feet? Hindi ba nakakaduling yun o masakit sa mata looking on 90" screen at that distance?
From SMPTE standards, the max size for 7feet is 50" diagonal 16:9 I think. Just curious. thanks.
With too many options you could end up not choosing one

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #617 on: Jan 27, 2009 at 09:46 PM »
How about putting a long curtain inside the theater room to cover the glass door?  Would that help?

Even heavy drapes aren't really effective absorbers. I would be worried about investing so much in that glass door and then it creates all sorts of acoustic problems.

I don't think that solid wooden doors (with some decorative carvings that work as diffusers) would be less effective than the glass door, provided that you have seals all around. You can even put seals on the jambs so that they work like refrigerator doors (ganun ang door ko).

Or better still, gayahin mo na lang si Jay2. Kanya ang da best talaga na door in Pinoydvd!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #618 on: Jan 27, 2009 at 11:04 PM »
My screen is a 90" diagonal standard 16:9 pull down screen.  With multimedia projectors very evident ang screendoor effect but on home theater pj's minimized ang screen door effect.  At my viewing distance from the 1st row, I didn't notice any.   

oks doc!  :D

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #619 on: Jan 27, 2009 at 11:13 PM »

Hahahahahaha - sino nga ba yung lokong yun?  :D ;D

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #620 on: Jan 28, 2009 at 06:00 AM »
Pwede kaya diffusor door?  ;D

btw doc, what's your viewing distance from the pj?
about 7 feet? Hindi ba nakakaduling yun o masakit sa mata looking on 90" screen at that distance?
From SMPTE standards, the max size for 7feet is 50" diagonal 16:9 I think. Just curious. thanks.

Distance from the screen to the 1st row- 6'8", 2nd row- 7'11".  The 2nd row are the best seats in the room and with comfortable viewing in my 90" screen.  Once you transfer to the 1st row, it would seem that the screen would be too big for the distance but eventually you get to adapt and won't mind really.

Borrowed this one from Nemesis' post:

sir, just want to show you guys how near is the screen and the couch. :)

I just wanted more seats to accomodate guests in the theater room that's why I settled for theater seats which have small footprints rather than lazy boys. I was able to install 2 rows of seats in my limited space.  Throwpillows really helped add comfort to the viewers.  Nakayakap sila sa pillow pag love stories or horror movies.  Pag gusto magrelax, lagay lang sa back of the neck or sa arm rest yung pillow.  Everytime I go to a movie theater, parang gusto ko narin magdala ng throwpillow.   ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2009 at 06:14 AM by nerveblocker »

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #621 on: Jan 28, 2009 at 06:07 AM »
Even heavy drapes aren't really effective absorbers. I would be worried about investing so much in that glass door and then it creates all sorts of acoustic problems.

I don't think that solid wooden doors (with some decorative carvings that work as diffusers) would be less effective than the glass door, provided that you have seals all around. You can even put seals on the jambs so that they work like refrigerator doors (ganun ang door ko).

Or better still, gayahin mo na lang si Jay2. Kanya ang da best talaga na door in Pinoydvd!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

That's what I have right now...solid wooden doors with decorative carvings and as of your suggestion, I installed seals around the door frame and that wiper thingie at the bottom of the door.  It was a big help in reducing the sound coming from the door but there is still a little specially on violent action scenes and when the subwoofer is working out.  I think that the door of Jay2 is the best option considering that movie theaters have the same kind. 

Thanks for the advise Mark!  ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2009 at 06:16 AM by nerveblocker »

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #622 on: Jan 28, 2009 at 06:11 AM »

Hahahahahaha - sino nga ba yung lokong yun?  :D ;D

Dahil sayo kaya ko inayos ang seat arrangement all to the right para may walkway sa left at hindi sa gitna.  Nausog tuloy ang sweet spot ko.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #623 on: Jan 28, 2009 at 06:21 AM »
aba .. aba... doc planning to upgrade ng pj ba?
Oo nga eh, audio nirvana na nga, bihira ko na makita mag post dito eh. ::) ::)

Hindi pa naman.  I am "trying" to fulfill my New Year's resolution of no upgrades this 2009.  January palang nakabili nako ng WDTV pero di upgrade yun ha.

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #624 on: Jan 28, 2009 at 07:13 AM »
Hindi pa naman.  I am "trying" to fulfill my New Year's resolution of no upgrades this 2009.  January palang nakabili nako ng WDTV pero di upgrade yun ha.

hahaha ang daya mo doc, ano yan mataya-taya .. may time first 
ninjababez online ..

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #625 on: Jan 28, 2009 at 02:02 PM »
Dahil sayo kaya ko inayos ang seat arrangement all to the right para may walkway sa left at hindi sa gitna.  Nausog tuloy ang sweet spot ko.

Ahihihihi - churi churi doc ;D

Any seat naman sa HT mo is the sweet spot eh ;D

Offline gunblade977

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #626 on: Jan 28, 2009 at 02:05 PM »
bro mac, long time no hear ahh. musta na sa audio heaven :D

kala ko pa naman sold na sayo ung PJ ni doc nun  :P :P :P

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #627 on: Jan 28, 2009 at 02:39 PM »
bro mac, long time no hear ahh. musta na sa audio heaven :D

kala ko pa naman sold na sayo ung PJ ni doc nun  :P :P :P

Kumusta brader A - oo nga, pahinga muna ako sa gastos pre ;D Cloud9 palang naman ako......nakita ko na ata heaven kaso mahal sya eh hahahahaha :D ;D

Ganda ng PJ ni Doc anoh? Pang mga bigtime ang PJ katulad ninyo ni Doc Mel ;D Ako mag tyaga nalang sa flashlight at finger puppets hahahahahaha :D ;D

Oo nga pala bro A - kailan mo pala ako imbitahin sa crib mo? ;D

Offline JAQY888

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's a bright new world ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #628 on: Jan 28, 2009 at 02:43 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Ninong Mel ...... musta na po?  :D :D :D
50pv70;AX200E
NR-808;TX-8555;EX442;SuV85a
Dali-Ikon7;Paradigm-11;SVS-PB12+;B&W
RegaP3;OPPO;CDT15

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #629 on: Jan 28, 2009 at 05:10 PM »

safe pa resolution mo doc, "addition" naman ginawa at hindi upgrade!  ;D