Author Topic: Harbeth speakers  (Read 141501 times)

Offline musika

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Absolute sounds
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Harbeth speakers
« Reply #330 on: Apr 02, 2011 at 08:21 PM »
Pretty nice!

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #331 on: Apr 02, 2011 at 09:02 PM »
wala yan sa lolo ko  ;D ;D ;D

grabe John, finally it arrives :o :o :o very very nice, I have heard the accuphase+harbeth combo and boy do they sing  8) but the combo used C7ES3, not the SHL5... hmmmm. very exciting times brader John. Congratulations!

Thanks Sonny. Spent the whole day listening  :).  cjtjader, at normal listening levels, actually di malayo (the Cayin really is that good and I'm not just saying that because I'm selling it :)). That also says something about the Accuphase sound, parang tubes din.

It's when you get to rock n' roll listening volumes where iwan na yung Cayin. The punch and control of the E460 is wonderful at elevated volumes.  Drum whacks are just so tight and impactful.  Actually, the reason I went back to solid state is miss ko a system that can rock. But for all that, the forte of the Accuphase/Harbeth is still vocals.  Karen Carpenter sounds just so excellent. So best of both worlds. Haven't tried orchestra yet.

My sources are now the glaring weak points on my setup.  Hope to fix that with a cart upgrade and the addition of a DAC.  :)
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline Cjtjader

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Lux Lucis Volo
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 256
« Reply #332 on: Apr 02, 2011 at 09:11 PM »
Thanks Sonny. Spent the whole day listening  :).  cjtjader, at normal listening levels, actually di malayo (the Cayin really is that good and I'm not just saying that because I'm selling it :)). That also says something about the Accuphase sound, parang tubes din.

It's when you get to rock n' roll listening volumes where iwan na yung Cayin. The punch and control of the E460 is wonderful at elevated volumes.  Drum whacks are just so tight and impactful.  Actually, the reason I went back to solid state is miss ko a system that can rock. But for all that, the forte of the Accuphase/Harbeth is still vocals.  Karen Carpenter sounds just so excellent. So best of both worlds. Haven't tried orchestra yet.

With 180wpc, i can  feel the grunt and finesse of Accuphase controlling your Harbies!!!! Congratz again!!
Perspicuus ~ Quietus ~ Consilium ~ Patefacio

Offline rony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • didyital rules!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #333 on: Apr 02, 2011 at 09:55 PM »
Ang GANDA.  :) :)

Offline timber715

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • join us at www.cab1net.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #334 on: Apr 02, 2011 at 10:06 PM »
Ang GANDA.  :) :)
ha?  ??? saan?  ??? ah yung system  ;D akala ko kung ano eh  ;D ;D ;D
cheers Rony  ;)

Offline rony

• DVD Addict
  • didyital rules!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #335 on: Apr 03, 2011 at 06:15 AM »
ha?  ??? saan?  ??? ah yung system  ;D akala ko kung ano eh  ;D ;D ;D
cheers Rony  ;)

Syempre naman harbeth thread ito e.  ;)   :D :D

Sige na nga isingit ko na rin yun workbench mo, Thanks sa demo nun WB yun pala function nun "dogs" akala ko design lang sya. Will try making dove tail joints dun sa scrap wood na nahingi ko praktis muna.  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2011 at 06:20 AM by rony »

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Tweaks
« Reply #336 on: Apr 03, 2011 at 02:14 PM »

naintriga ako as amp nto and googled it. nabulag ako when i saw the price. 8)
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline timber715

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Tweaks
« Reply #337 on: Apr 03, 2011 at 03:09 PM »
naintriga ako as amp nto and googled it. nabulag ako when i saw the price. 8)
hahaha, hindi naman siguro nakakabulag. nakakalumpo pwede  ;D ;D ;D

Offline sound garden

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #338 on: Apr 03, 2011 at 03:51 PM »
Now I understand why true audiophile people are loving Harbeth speakers. They are from a different league.
High respect to the owners of Harbeth speakers. Looking forward of owning one someday. :) :)
Clarity, detail, accuracy, and realism are unmatched....

Offline timber715

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #339 on: Apr 03, 2011 at 03:53 PM »
Now I understand why true audiophile people are loving Harbeth speakers. They are from a different league.
High respect to the owners of Harbeth speakers. Looking forward of owning one someday. :) :)
heard one lately? If you haven't, I will include you in my list when a session is arranged. lets put the past behind and start on a new footing... :)

Offline sound garden

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #340 on: Apr 03, 2011 at 04:02 PM »
heard one lately? If you haven't, I will include you in my list when a session is arranged. lets put the past behind and start on a new footing... :)
Heard one lately from my cousin. She is the one who explain to me why Harbeth is from a different league. I would like to be included in your list for the scheduled session. Thank you for inviting me. :)
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2011 at 05:12 PM by soundgarden »

Offline Digities

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #341 on: Apr 03, 2011 at 05:28 PM »
Heard one lately from my cousin. She is the one who explain to me why Harbeth is from a different league. I would like to be included in your list for the scheduled session. Thank you for inviting me. :)

girl na mahilig sa audio ? :D

Offline sound garden

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #342 on: Apr 03, 2011 at 06:33 PM »
girl na mahilig sa audio ? :D
Yes Les, She is the Dean I told you on the Tri-tower thread. She is also a pianist. Her music is classical and Jazz.  :)
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2011 at 06:46 PM by soundgarden »

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #343 on: Apr 04, 2011 at 10:31 AM »

pwede din ba makijoin sir? self-kulam? :D
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline timber715

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #344 on: Apr 04, 2011 at 10:38 AM »
pwede din ba makijoin sir? self-kulam? :D
sure, my place is so small and can take 4 people lang at a time kasi. kung si jojo at tirso pa lang eh maximun capacity na :D

Yes Les, She is the Dean I told you on the Tri-tower thread. She is also a pianist. Her music is classical and Jazz.  :)
Female audiophiles tend to have better ears...

Offline yetiasr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #345 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 10:26 AM »
Hi Timber,

Nice stands. How much do you charge to make them? Thinking of getting Compact 7's but don't have stands. Will need to see if I can afford them. As you know, Harbeth's a big investment so I'm trying to pinch pesos where I can and Skylans are just too pricey for me.

Pa-PM na lang ng presyo and your assessment of how well the DIY stands are working. Did you place spikes, btw?

Thanks and regards

Offline timber715

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #346 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 09:21 PM »
Hi Timber,

Nice stands. How much do you charge to make them? Thinking of getting Compact 7's but don't have stands. Will need to see if I can afford them. As you know, Harbeth's a big investment so I'm trying to pinch pesos where I can and Skylans are just too pricey for me.

Pa-PM na lang ng presyo and your assessment of how well the DIY stands are working. Did you place spikes, btw?

Thanks and regards
they sound great so far, but I need the Harbeth representative to be the judge of it... I did not place spikes since I was afraid damage the veneer... used cylindrical hardwood blocks instead and they sound much better than rubber... will pm you price later.

Offline bigfoot

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #347 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 07:45 AM »
di ko pa pala na post out of the box...

I got the privilege of listening to them yesterday. They sound WOW, the imaging is simply amazing, the details are astounding.  The bass is still a little boomy, maybe need room acoustics pa.

Also, the free audition includes free lunch even. :D

Thanks again Sonny.

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #348 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 07:57 AM »
Whats the tubes on your Cayin ? have you tried changing tubes ?

My sources are now the glaring weak points on my setup.  Hope to fix that with a cart upgrade and the addition of a DAC.  :)

Offline timber715

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #349 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 08:15 AM »
Whats the tubes on your Cayin ? have you tried changing tubes ?

this might help...
http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,134903.0.html

Offline reynold

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Now a Name... Soon a LEGEND!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #350 on: Apr 08, 2011 at 01:56 PM »

Hi sir timber, kailan ba 'to? Can you include me in your list if my schedule isn't that tight? Tingnan ko na rin ang Working area mo for your woodworks... Thanks ;)
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline zidane

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #351 on: Apr 30, 2011 at 09:48 PM »
Hi! may I join in? Just want to post some pictures of my Harbeth...This thread seems untouched for some time now. Maybe everybody's busy enjoying their sets. :)

« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2011 at 09:52 PM by zidane »

Offline zidane

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #352 on: Apr 30, 2011 at 09:56 PM »

bakit di lumalabas? let me try again...

Offline zidane

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #353 on: Apr 30, 2011 at 10:35 PM »

Offline zidane

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #354 on: Apr 30, 2011 at 10:43 PM »
another try...

Offline zidane

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #355 on: Apr 30, 2011 at 10:47 PM »
another shot, with a Totem Dreamcatcher...

Offline zidane

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #356 on: Apr 30, 2011 at 11:20 PM »
this time alongside the Paradigm and B&Ws at the back

Offline insomnia

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #357 on: Apr 30, 2011 at 11:58 PM »
Zidane,  sweet setup.  How does the harbeths sound like when paired with the McIntosh?
i don't suffer fools gladly

Offline zidane

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #358 on: May 01, 2011 at 01:18 PM »
Actually, my set-up is with the Naim Audio (Nait5i/ CD5i-2/ Hiline/Powerline & NACA5). The last photo is when we had an EB with Friends in Bacolod, but unfortunately as it was raining that time, the speakers got stuck inside the car and we did'nt have any more time to test the Harbeths with the Macs but only with the Cayin A88T. The room is already very crowded and transfering to another system is very difficult and complicated. Maybe next time na lang.

Anyway, I was only interested to try them on the more affordable Cayin that the out-of-reach Macs,for me. Hehe. With the Cayin, it was  very nice but a little laid-back and a different presentation compared to my Naims.

BTW, the Mac owner is very decided to get a pair of Harbeths, maybe a SHL5, for his Macintosh. With the Cayin only, I think he's already pleased and convinced.

Thanks for the comment.

Offline muypogi

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #359 on: May 01, 2011 at 01:30 PM »
Actually, my set-up is with the Naim Audio (Nait5i/ CD5i-2/ Hiline/Powerline & NACA5). The last photo is when we had an EB with Friends in Bacolod, but unfortunately as it was raining that time, the speakers got stuck inside the car and we did'nt have any more time to test the Harbeths with the Macs but only with the Cayin A88T. The room is already very crowded and transfering to another system is very difficult and complicated. Maybe next time na lang.

Anyway, I was only interested to try them on the more affordable Cayin that the out-of-reach Macs,for me. Hehe. With the Cayin, it was  very nice but a little laid-back and a different presentation compared to my Naims.

BTW, the Mac owner is very decided to get a pair of Harbeths, maybe a SHL5, for his Macintosh. With the Cayin only, I think he's already pleased and convinced.

Thanks for the comment.

Kala ko sa yo lahat ng gamit na yun. . . astig. . .

Still breaking in my Compact 7s, since I hardly get to play them during the day.  Sa gabi lang.

Mahirap dito naiwanan yung system ko ng Harbeths. . .

Upgraded the system as well, using a second hand Audible Illusions Modulus 2B tube preamp and the power sector of my HK990 as the power amp.  Maganda nga yung tube preamp and SS power amp combo.  Best of both worlds.  Bumilog yung tunog, pero andoon pa rin yung bass definition ng solid state.

Waiting for the incoming Rega DAC to complete the setup to make the sources naman at par with the Harbeths.  Yung ampli section good as done na for the Harbeths.