Author Topic: Harbeth speakers  (Read 141775 times)

Offline insomnia

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Harbeth speakers
« Reply #360 on: May 01, 2011 at 03:02 PM »
Naims with Harbeths is a sweet setup as well.  nice.
i don't suffer fools gladly

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #361 on: May 01, 2011 at 03:07 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS! Very nice set-up! For the Mcintosh owner, I believe Ferdie Ludo is selling a mint condition/rare SHL5 w/ stands. Good luck!

Actually, my set-up is with the Naim Audio (Nait5i/ CD5i-2/ Hiline/Powerline & NACA5). The last photo is when we had an EB with Friends in Bacolod, but unfortunately as it was raining that time, the speakers got stuck inside the car and we did'nt have any more time to test the Harbeths with the Macs but only with the Cayin A88T. The room is already very crowded and transfering to another system is very difficult and complicated. Maybe next time na lang.

Anyway, I was only interested to try them on the more affordable Cayin that the out-of-reach Macs,for me. Hehe. With the Cayin, it was  very nice but a little laid-back and a different presentation compared to my Naims.

BTW, the Mac owner is very decided to get a pair of Harbeths, maybe a SHL5, for his Macintosh. With the Cayin only, I think he's already pleased and convinced.

Thanks for the comment.
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #362 on: May 01, 2011 at 03:08 PM »
Naims with Harbeths is a sweet setup as well.  nice.

Hope to hear and experience your Harbeth/Accuphase set-up Sir Jun and John! :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline insomnia

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #363 on: May 01, 2011 at 03:11 PM »
let me know when you are free Jen,  ill schedule it.  We can try the Isis with the accu amp.

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #364 on: May 01, 2011 at 03:18 PM »
let me know when you are free Jen,  ill schedule it.  We can try the Isis with the accu amp.

Thanks Sir Jun! Hopefully by the 17th. Regards!

Offline zidane

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #365 on: May 01, 2011 at 03:26 PM »
this time alongside the Paradigm and B&Ws at the back

All gears in this picture belong to only one guy, except the Harbeths, which I brought along for the session. 3 set-ups in one setting. 2 Mac systems, 1 is tubed Pre/power to the Paradigms and 1 solid state to the B&W 805s.  Kulang ang buong hapon namin dun. >:(

Offline zidane

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #366 on: May 01, 2011 at 03:36 PM »

As for me, this is how my system goes now. They're all stocked up inside the bedroom as we're still constructing a dedicated listening room. Hope to complete the project in due time but I will be able to set them up properly and enjoy them when I get back from work here abroad. :'(

Offline timber715

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • join us at www.cab1net.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #367 on: May 01, 2011 at 04:04 PM »

As for me, this is how my system goes now. They're all stocked up inside the bedroom as we're still constructing a dedicated listening room. Hope to complete the project in due time but I will be able to set them up properly and enjoy them when I get back from work here abroad. :'(
My brother is in Davao and hopefully I can visit him soon, can I visit you too ::)...  ;D ;D ;D. I am in Cebu and I just heard the P3ES again, really a very nice small speaker with a big voice. But for me, the best set I have come to experience belongs to John, Dang his shl5+accuphase combo kicks butt.

Offline zidane

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #368 on: May 01, 2011 at 04:35 PM »
I am from Bacolod, currently abroad for work. Lately, on vacation, we had Sunday group listening sessions there. We have accumulated a good number of audiophiles or friends in audio.

That's one thing I will be missing here.

Offline timber715

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #369 on: May 01, 2011 at 05:13 PM »
ah Bacolod pala, well maybe its time for me to visit the place na rin ;D ;D ;D, btw, you got your C7's from Ferdie(local distributor) or imported? whatever the case is, they are really great sounding with details that fill up any space.
Hmmm, since our small number is growing, maybe its time to start a Harbeth cult, este club  ;D ;D ;D

Offline zidane

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #370 on: May 01, 2011 at 06:14 PM »
Got them, C7es2, from Ferdie, used but in very good condition. Really nice guy to deal with!

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #371 on: May 01, 2011 at 07:15 PM »
My brother is in Davao and hopefully I can visit him soon, can I visit you too ::)...  ;D ;D ;D. I am in Cebu and I just heard the P3ES again, really a very nice small speaker with a big voice. But for me, the best set I have come to experience belongs to John, Dang his shl5+accuphase combo kicks butt.

Sonny, when are you visiting Davao?? Let me know ha...

Taga-Bacolod yata si zidane, bro...tama ba??

Offline zidane

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #372 on: May 01, 2011 at 08:34 PM »
Yes Sir Superman. Kaibigan kami ni StephenY. I think you know him too...

Offline timber715

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #373 on: May 01, 2011 at 08:48 PM »
do you keep the naims on all the time Zidane? they sound better daw when kept on 24/7... a no no for me :( since I don't own meralco shares  ;D ;D ;D

Offline zidane

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #374 on: May 01, 2011 at 09:42 PM »
Before here in Saudi, I kept them "on" all the time which is a big difference. At home now, it is most of the time "off" as I'm here now abroad. It really takes too long to warm it-up, you won't even feel it by touching. ::) ???

Offline muypogi

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #375 on: May 02, 2011 at 04:53 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS! Very nice set-up! For the Mcintosh owner, I believe Ferdie Ludo is selling a mint condition/rare SHL5 w/ stands. Good luck!

Para kay superman na yun. . . ::)

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #376 on: May 02, 2011 at 05:47 PM »
Para kay superman na yun. . . ::)

Niyahahahaha! I WISH!!  :'( :'( :'(

Offline timber715

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #377 on: May 02, 2011 at 05:53 PM »
wow Jen, congrats ah  ;D ;D  :D

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #378 on: May 02, 2011 at 05:57 PM »
wow Jen, congrats ah  ;D ;D  :D

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

Kelan biyahe mo ng Davao, sir?

Offline timber715

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #379 on: May 02, 2011 at 06:37 PM »
Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

Kelan biyahe mo ng Davao, sir?
wala pa brader, magplaplano pa lang. a friend of the boss(wife) is inviting us sa Singapore... ako naman I want to go to Taiwan to buy my tools  ;D
kung sakali man we can visit Davao it would more or less be around June... di ko lang alam kung anong year ;D

Offline insomnia

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #380 on: May 04, 2011 at 12:33 AM »
Zidane,

I think your naim setup is marvelous.  I've been thinking of going green all the way.  How is your experience with it?

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #381 on: May 04, 2011 at 09:27 AM »
Zidane,

I think your naim setup is marvelous.  I've been thinking of going green all the way.  How is your experience with it?

WOW!!

Offline zidane

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #382 on: May 04, 2011 at 03:32 PM »
Yeah. I really liked them with the Harbeths.

My only dilemma now is the listening room acoustics, that's why we're building a dedicated room for them to maximize their potentials. It would take some time though as I'm still out of the country.

Will post photos soon once the room is done so that maybe I can get some help on set-up & room treaments.

Offline timber715

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #383 on: May 05, 2011 at 12:02 PM »
too bad I missed the chance to hear lithium's set last night... with the tweak made by Ferdie on the cart, I can just imagine the heavenly sound made even better... Congrats John, your system is definitely an envy of mine...

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 210
« Reply #384 on: May 13, 2011 at 09:11 PM »
Come and visit again Sonny.  I've added a few tweaks here and there, replaced the cart and phono stage so analog sound is much improved.  Jen, give me an SMS when you are in Manila.  Happy to share this crazy hobby with like-minded hobbyists such as yourself. :)

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011 at 09:17 PM by lithium_deuteride »
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #385 on: May 13, 2011 at 09:15 PM »
zidane;

Naim and Harbeth, that must rock!  I was actually shooting for that combo (Supernait) until I got detoured to the Accuphase. 
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline timber715

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #386 on: May 14, 2011 at 12:44 AM »
zidane;

Naim and Harbeth, that must rock!  I was actually shooting for that combo (Supernait) until I got detoured to the Accuphase. 
aren't you glad you got detoured  ;D ;D ;D

Offline muypogi

• DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #387 on: May 14, 2011 at 07:20 AM »
zidane;

Ok din yung supernait. Di mo kailangan ng outboard DAC since may DAC na sa loob.  Plus the signature Naim sound. . . Was shooting for that as well, pero the large diff with the HK990 was the decider.  Getting a Rega DAC, which some reviews say is just as good as the NAIM Dac, but significantly cheaper.

Let's see how my Harbeth setup sounds with the Rega DAC. . .

Nakakalula lang yung e-460 ni sir Lithium. . . asked Ferds the price and was floored. . . kahit yung e-250 ginto din. :'(

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #388 on: May 14, 2011 at 08:42 AM »
Muy I have a Bel Canto eDAC1.5 coming in shortly. Maybe we can do an A-B.

I wanted the Naim DAC but it's twice the price of the Bel Canto.  I heard the Supernait and the Naim DAC playing off a Macbook at the last Hi-Fi show and the sound left nothing to be desired - PRAT galore. The Supernait's built-in DAC doesn't compare to the Naim DAC. Pero magastos din yung Naim courtesy of their various PSU upgrades which you will need to get the most out of Naim components. Plus the operating idiosyncrasy (always on) described above is the reason why I went to Accuphase instead. But sound-wise I'd have been perfectly happy with Naim.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011 at 09:01 AM by lithium_deuteride »

Offline muypogi

• DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #389 on: May 14, 2011 at 07:07 PM »
Muy I have a Bel Canto eDAC1.5 coming in shortly. Maybe we can do an A-B.

I wanted the Naim DAC but it's twice the price of the Bel Canto.  I heard the Supernait and the Naim DAC playing off a Macbook at the last Hi-Fi show and the sound left nothing to be desired - PRAT galore. The Supernait's built-in DAC doesn't compare to the Naim DAC. Pero magastos din yung Naim courtesy of their various PSU upgrades which you will need to get the most out of Naim components. Plus the operating idiosyncrasy (always on) described above is the reason why I went to Accuphase instead. But sound-wise I'd have been perfectly happy with Naim.

Wow, all Ferds supplied equipment. . . Rel sub na lang kulang.  ;D

Yup, maybe we can do an ab when the time comes.

Maganda nga Naim, prices though are too rich for me. The Nait 5 is reachable, but Almost 2x the price of an amp with similar power output.