Author Topic: Karaoke with DVD Home theater  (Read 1983 times)

Offline zhiwei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Karaoke with DVD Home theater
« on: Mar 29, 2006 at 07:15 PM »
Hi all,

I am planning to setup a karaoke system together with home theater 5.1 for my house. However, I have some questions regarding the amp. I've looked around and noticed that I have to setup 2 amps in order to make this combination work. Most of the AVR cannot support both karaoke and home theater since there are no mic inputs even though they have the speaker A & B support. The only way would be to plug the mic into the karaoke player, but then the sound would be compromised.

So, any ideas on how to overcome this? I'm also on a budget, and do not like to overspend. Any1 used the Electown EA-1k8? I saw it at the mall the other day which had mic input and also 5.1 support. However, am unsure about the brand. Perhaps you guys could give me some advice.

I live in Cebu, and it seems that the most popular speakers are either BOSE or JBL. Can I make do with other cheaper speakers but equally as good?

thanks.

Offline YrNeH

• DVD Addict
  • Shalom! maging payapa...
  • Liked:
Re: Karaoke with DVD Home theater
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 08:35 PM »
you can use a mic mixer like pioneer MA-990 with your 5.1/6.1/7.1 AVReceiver and still enjoy karaoke without compromising the sound.  i use it in my 6.1 system and output it on 6-channel stereo---sounds perfect.  even if your dvd doesn't support karaoke, the mixer will do the job of separating the vocals from the audio (dvd output should be analog and not digital). i know there are newer mic mixers, just shop around bro.

Offline 24bit

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2006 at 08:12 PM »
I think if you buy a DVD player with a mic input then any AVR will do. The next thing is shopping for a good DVD titles for Karaoke.

Offline zhiwei

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2006 at 08:03 PM »
If you plug in the mic to the karaoke player, wouldn't the sound be compromised? And there would be lots of static too, right?

Offline juneaki

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #4 on: Apr 07, 2006 at 08:56 AM »
Hi all,

I am planning to setup a karaoke system together with home theater 5.1 for my house. However, I have some questions regarding the amp. I've looked around and noticed that I have to setup 2 amps in order to make this combination work. Most of the AVR cannot support both karaoke and home theater since there are no mic inputs even though they have the speaker A & B support. The only way would be to plug the mic into the karaoke player, but then the sound would be compromised.

So, any ideas on how to overcome this? I'm also on a budget, and do not like to overspend. Any1 used the Electown EA-1k8? I saw it at the mall the other day which had mic input and also 5.1 support. However, am unsure about the brand. Perhaps you guys could give me some advice.

I live in Cebu, and it seems that the most popular speakers are either BOSE or JBL. Can I make do with other cheaper speakers but equally as good?

thanks.

Buy a good branded DVD player na may Karaoke function at may built-in DD and DTS decoder then pwede na yung Electown 5.1 ready amp na yan. Pang karaoke talaga yan at very powerful. Heard it already being demoed sa DEECO using a set of PA speaker (500 watts more or less each). Meron din matching floorstanding speakers and Electown at very affordable price, you can ask first for a demo and decide for yourself.