Author Topic: Portable Divx/Mpeg4 compatible players? How much? where to buy?  (Read 627 times)

Offline wolvenfang

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Don't beat urself up!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Portable Divx/Mpeg4 compatible players? How much? where to buy?

which is the best for quality and value?

thankx :D

Offline inyaks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: Portable Divx/Mpeg4 compatible players? How much? where to buy?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 24, 2006 at 03:34 PM »
If you are refering to portable players with video screen, the branded MPEG4 compatible players I saw is Toshiba and Panasonic.

Toshiba is sold in SM Appliance, Rockwell for around Php25k but AV Surfer, 4f Rockwell is selling it at around Php22k ~ 23k at 12months 0% interest on credit card purchase.  Price Smart also selling this Toshiba model for about the same price as that in SM Appliance.

I can't remember where I saw the portable MPEG4 compatible player for Panasonic - I think it was at Park Square.

I only window shop for these players so I can't say anything about their quality :D.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
Re: Portable Divx/Mpeg4 compatible players? How much? where to buy?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006 at 10:34 AM »
I'm not sure abbout DIVX but there's a generic Video/MP3 player that plays MPEG4 movies at COMPEX at Park Square selling for 9.3T if I recall right.  It's actually an MPEG4 1.3 megapixel camera which is similar to what is found in most cellphones but it's quite feature rich when it comes to MPEG 4 playback and recording. It can record from a DVD player in real time directly into MPEG4 format.  It can output the video to an NTSC TV screen.  And it has internal 512mb RAM expandable to 1G via SD card.  What's nice is its 2.5" LCD screen capable of 260k colors.  And quite slim and pocketable.

I would have bought this toy if not for the limited memory. 512 can only accommodate one full length movie depending on the bit rate and frame rates used.  A 1gb SD card cost 2.1T at that same store and can accomodate 2-3 movies.  The iPOD Video with 30G internal hard disk (literally a mechanical hard disk) costs only around 18T+ at ambassador appliance at park square and seems a lot cheaper per gig of memory.    Matching this storage size using SD cards, I'd have to spend  63T!!!!

The iPod video is really a nice toy to have. But the Creative Zen Vision, with its 3" LCD screen is much better, but costs around 24T at one shop also at PArk square.   An Archos model with 7" LCD screen and 100G internal hard disk tops it all.  There's one being sold at the marketplace here for 40T asking price.