Author Topic: Now Open: PinoyDVD Online Store  (Read 89882 times)

Offline stryder

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: Now Open: PinoyDVD Online Store
« Reply #210 on: Nov 21, 2006 at 11:13 PM »
As techdude has pointed out, we updated again our database with new Magnavision titles. Thanks techdude.  The additions consist of 12 recent releases and 87 not so recent releases (already discounted to P375). Banners have been updated here and at .Biz to point to the new lists.  And yes, we are indeed close to completely building up the discounted Magna titles.  Once done, we will then move to the P895 titles so that before the year ends, we would have a very extensive catalog of Magnavison titles. 8)  Regarding M.I. III, I was just advised that this would be delivered to our warehouse tomorrow. :)  That being the case, this should be available before tomorrow ends.  On Stryder’s King Kong, this would be included once we start updating the P895 titles.

I don’t have anything yet on Viva.  I would have wished that I had something more substantial to report but unfortunately there is none yet. :(  I am hopeful, however, that we can sit down with them soon to thresh out the distribution terms.  I’ll advise you here and via our newsletter, once we come up with something more definite on Viva.

We have added a new field in the My Account Information page due to a recent request.  There is now an entry for Nicknames or Pen names.  This is useful for hiding your complete name when writing reviews (assuming that you want to remain anonymous  ;D).  The field is optional and when left blank, the complete name will appear in the reviews.  Everyone is welcome at .Biz to share their respective views on good or bad movies.  Thanks. ;)

thanks a lot sir randyv for the latest updates......and ill be looking forward for MI3 tomorrow ( hopefully before the cut-off para makahabol for thursday delivery ;D)

Offline randyv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #211 on: Nov 22, 2006 at 03:20 PM »
The following Magnavision titles are now available at .Biz: :)

*  Barbie:In The 12 Dancing Princesses
    * The Fast And The Furious: Tokyo Drift
    * M:i:III (1-Disc)
    * M:i:III (2-Disc)
    * United 93

Official spokesperson for PinoyDVD.biz

Offline stryder

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #212 on: Nov 22, 2006 at 11:20 PM »
hi sir randyv...i would just like to confirm if yun Shrek +3D being sold sa pdvd.biz is the one which was released in between Shrek 1 and 2?  kasi when i read the synopsis doon as  .biz i got the impression that it contains both the Shrek 1 + Shrek 3D...however, when i got the item today, it was the Shrek 3D version only....so that means mali ata yun synopsis sa .biz?...

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: Nov 23, 2006 at 12:51 AM »
Same here. 

Unlike in the US, where Shrek and Shrek 3D is sold as a package (2 Disc bundle), Magnavision split it into two... The first Shrek seems to be out-of-stock na, so what's left is the 15-minutes 3D Shrek animated short originally made for the Universal Studios Theme Park ride (Shrek 4D). The product description (Synopsis, Runtime, Director) needs updating... The case also list it as a Region 1, but since my DVD Player is multi-region, I am not sure if the DVD itself is R1 or R3...

I am not returning it.  Keeping it for the 3D novelty.   But keep me posted if Magnavision still have the Widescreen version of the first Shrek.  Thanks.

Another thing while the product descriptions clearly states that the dvd cover art are meant for reference and subject to change, you might want to change the picture of United 93... it's too different from what was released here (hint: Magnavision likes UK covers). ;)
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2006 at 02:26 AM by techdude »
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: Nov 23, 2006 at 01:05 AM »
The following Magnavision titles are now available at .Biz: :)

*  Barbie:In The 12 Dancing Princesses
    * The Fast And The Furious: Tokyo Drift
    * M:i:III (1-Disc)
    * M:i:III (2-Disc)
    * United 93

Nice to see that United 93 and Barbie in The Twelve Princesses matched the streetdate of offline retailers.

Offline stryder

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: Nov 23, 2006 at 11:20 AM »
I am not returning it.  Keeping it for the 3D novelty.   But keep me posted if Magnavision still have the Widescreen version of the first Shrek.  Thanks.

me too...am keeping it coz i like the 3d effect of this one...mas matindi as compared to the spy kids 3d...and of course am still on the lookout for Shrek 1 sa .biz ( at discounted rate preferably  ;D)

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: Nov 23, 2006 at 03:45 PM »
hi sir randyv...i would just like to confirm if yun Shrek +3D being sold sa pdvd.biz is the one which was released in between Shrek 1 and 2?  kasi when i read the synopsis doon as  .biz i got the impression that it contains both the Shrek 1 + Shrek 3D...however, when i got the item today, it was the Shrek 3D version only....so that means mali ata yun synopsis sa .biz?...
Same here. 

Unlike in the US, where Shrek and Shrek 3D is sold as a package (2 Disc bundle), Magnavision split it into two... The first Shrek seems to be out-of-stock na, so what's left is the 15-minutes 3D Shrek animated short originally made for the Universal Studios Theme Park ride (Shrek 4D). The product description (Synopsis, Runtime, Director) needs updating... The case also list it as a Region 1, but since my DVD Player is multi-region, I am not sure if the DVD itself is R1 or R3...

Many thanks for pointing out the errors.  Corrections have already been made on the product page of the title.  On a similar note, we asked our distributor to check if they still have copies of the first Shrek.  Hopefully, there's still some. ;D

Offline lord_vader

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #217 on: Nov 23, 2006 at 09:26 PM »
Significantly missing from Magnavision's list:

Shrek 1
Hell Boy 2-disc
Apollo 13 2-disc DTS
Glory 2-disc (Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman)
Spiderman 1  2-disc
Mask of Zorro

They have so many titles of not so popular movies, but the blockbusters above seem overlooked.

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: Nov 23, 2006 at 10:03 PM »
Baka naman out of stock na...

I have not seen Shrek and Apollo 13 at any offline shop na rin...

But I think such listings and requests (especially for titles previously seen at brick-and-mortar shops) would be welcomed by Randyv and PinoyDVD.biz, they can ask Magnavision (or Warner)  about their availability...

I noticed that The Green Mile (2-disc) Released this October is still missing from the PinoyDVD.biz database, though I already got mine offline...

_________

If you use the search box, the resulting page's right side (to be occupied by ads) shows 'Not Found'...
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2006 at 10:05 PM by techdude »

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: Nov 24, 2006 at 11:47 AM »
Significantly missing from Magnavision's list:

Shrek 1
Hell Boy 2-disc
Apollo 13 2-disc DTS
Glory 2-disc (Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman)
Spiderman 1  2-disc
Mask of Zorro

They have so many titles of not so popular movies, but the blockbusters above seem overlooked.

The above titles were not overlooked but simply delayed. ;D  Our build up strategy for the magnavision catalog was to start with the titles discounted to P475 and P375.  Actually, it's just one more delivery and we are done at these price ranges (onwards to the next price level).  So it seems that some of the titles, like Spiderman, Shrek and Zorro, may already be available as early as the first week of December assuming that these titles are still on stock at Magnavision. :)

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #220 on: Dec 05, 2006 at 10:18 PM »
It looks like the latest batch of Magnavision titles are now up.  It's now up to 'Z' as in Zoolander.  May kasunod pa ba, Sir RandyV and/or Firewired?  Or kumpleto na ang mga older Magnavision releases...
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2006 at 10:20 PM by techdude »

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #221 on: Dec 05, 2006 at 10:37 PM »
Somehow I can't find Mr. Deeds.  The one with Adam Sandler.

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #222 on: Dec 06, 2006 at 01:48 PM »
Budget disc na lang yata ang available na Mr. Deeds.   Marami sa Astro.  But since Pinoy DVD don't carry budget discs, wala sa kanila...

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #223 on: Dec 06, 2006 at 02:32 PM »
Budget disc na lang yata ang available na Mr. Deeds.   Marami sa Astro.  But since Pinoy DVD don't carry budget discs, wala sa kanila...

Budget disc ba?  Ang alam ko walang budget disc version yung Mr. Deeds.  Ang meron is the regular DVD9 edition which was already discounted to 375 when I went to Astro Podium before.
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2006 at 02:43 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #224 on: Dec 06, 2006 at 03:14 PM »
You’re partially correct techdude.  We updated all imported DVD discs of Magnavision  priced P499 and below.  However, some titles remain unserved (including Mr. Deeds) so we will check with Magna again to see if these are still available.  As far as titles priced above P499, delivery should start next week.

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #225 on: Dec 06, 2006 at 10:17 PM »
DVD_Freak:  OT /Offline stores: Marami restock akong nakita budget na Mr. Deeds Php 299,  3-for-600 ngayon...

Not the 475 budget, but straight to DVD5 kind...like King Kong 1970s/Princess Bride/Emmanuel Series type whose prices could go as low as 150...

But wait another week, maybe Magnavision still have the DVD9 version of Mr. Deeds.  That would be much better than those DVD5 discs...

I like browsing PinoyDVD's catalogue, specially any new additions, I discovered quite a few gems at less than half R1 prices...  I especially am happy with buying the Chaplin Collection for less than 3k whereas R1 would have cost me over $80 sans shipping...

BTW, the newest additions from Magnavision at PinoyDVD can be found here:

Magnavision 12/05/2006 new additions

Among the new titles: SWAT, Tomb Raider, Truman Show, Universal Soldier 1 and 2, True Grit, Urban Cowboy, True Lies, Village of The d**ned, Vanilla Sky, White Christmas, Wild Thornberrys, Xanadu, etc.

I noticed that, unlike before, a few titles are 333 (dati mostly 375), is that a prelude to the yearend sale that Sir Firewired alluded to...?
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2006 at 10:35 PM by techdude »

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #226 on: Dec 08, 2006 at 04:58 PM »
We will hold another thematic sale at .Biz starting next week for both our Magnavision and Warner catalogs.  This will mean more affordable DVDs for those wishing to give the gift of DVDs this Christmas.  For the Warner catalog, titles under the “kids and fantasy” genre will be sold at (further) discounted prices.   On the same note, selected Magnavision titles of Sony/Columbia TriStar will be discounted to as low as P333. :D
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2006 at 05:00 PM by randyv »

Offline scofield

• Collector
  • Hi boss!
  • Liked:
« Reply #227 on: Dec 14, 2006 at 03:29 PM »
Hi!

nag confirm kse ako ng order ko sa pdvd online store mode of payment is tru bank deposit. paano nga pala ako mag babayad? wala kase nakalagay na account no?

paano ba ang procedure. many thanks
Proud user of AVR135

Offline sechiong

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #228 on: Dec 15, 2006 at 07:08 AM »
halimbawa nag-order ako dito sa pinoydvd online mga how many days ang delivery dito sa angeles city?

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #229 on: Dec 15, 2006 at 08:18 AM »
halimbawa nag-order ako dito sa pinoydvd online mga how many days ang delivery dito sa angeles city?

The next day bro.  Ganyan sila kagaling!!!  Of course as long as umabot sa cut off which I think is 4pm yata of the day of the order.

;D

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #230 on: Dec 15, 2006 at 10:39 AM »
Hi!

nag confirm kse ako ng order ko sa pdvd online store mode of payment is tru bank deposit. paano nga pala ako mag babayad? wala kase nakalagay na account no?

paano ba ang procedure. many thanks

Hi scofield.  You should have received an email from PinoyDVD.biz shortly after you checked out.    If otherwise, email [email protected] and ask for a resend.  However, I suggest you check your junk folders baka lang bumagsak ang email doon. Thanks.

Offline scofield

• Collector
  • Hi boss!
  • Liked:
« Reply #231 on: Dec 15, 2006 at 02:27 PM »
thanks randyv, yup tama ka meron nga kong nareceived na email dalawa. yung una kase walng payment procedure dalawa plang email ang papadala nila.

thanks
Proud user of AVR135

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #232 on: Dec 18, 2006 at 11:16 PM »
Any updates?   What about the 333 sale from Magnavision?  PinoyDVD had been a bit late in updating...as such, a lot of the sales had went to Astro instead to PinoyDVD.   As Astro has been selling those 333 titles for nearly a month, those with access to a local Astro would have bought whatever item they fancy that had been discounted...

And the same with new titles... by the time, they appear on PinoyDVD, those who really wanted them would have bought already...

Sorry, if my post is a bit direct, but that's the way I see it. 

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #233 on: Dec 18, 2006 at 11:22 PM »
Any updates?   What about the 333 sale from Magnavision?  PinoyDVD had been a bit late in updating...as such, a lot of the sales had went to Astro instead to PinoyDVD.   As Astro has been selling those 333 titles for nearly a month, those with access to a local Astro would have bought whatever item they fancy that had been discounted...

And the same with new titles... by the time, they appear on PinoyDVD, those who really wanted them would have bought already...

Sorry, if my post is a bit direct, but that's the way I see it. 

received their December newsletter earlier today.. it's their holiday sale update.. here's a link to their new sale, I guess.. it has the 333 sale from Magnavision already..

https://www.pinoydvd.biz/index.php?list=sale

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #234 on: Dec 18, 2006 at 11:50 PM »
Spoke (posted) too soon... should have check my email first.  ;)

Just a bit frustrated that as much as I want to support PinoyDVD.biz, I can't resist buying at Astro when it is available offline and not online...

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #235 on: Dec 26, 2006 at 01:25 PM »
Why does the ads below for titles discounted from 895 to 333 (Magnavision) and further reductions from Warner lead to empty pages?

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #236 on: Dec 27, 2006 at 09:58 PM »
Guess the sale is only up to Christmas, since the titles is now back to their original prices...

Q:  Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf is only one-disc? It is the 2004 release and not the recent two-disc release?
« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2006 at 10:41 PM by techdude »

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: Dec 28, 2006 at 06:16 PM »
Yes techdude, our recently updated copy of 'Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf' is the old release and not the recent one.  Apparently, there was  a mix up in the delivery but all has been sorted and clarified now.  Relative to the newer release, no date has yet been confirmed by Warner. :(

As for the recent sale, it ended last Sunday, 24 December 2006.  We are due for another sale on some selected Magna titles come early January 2006.  For those who are bargain hunting, some titles might interest you so just watch out.  :)

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #238 on: Jan 22, 2007 at 11:57 PM »
Hi.  Just want to know if PinoyDVD.biz will also be offering the free DVD5 promo of Casino Royale from Magnavision...  Astrovision is already offering it.  So should we wait or just preorder at Astro?

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #239 on: Jan 23, 2007 at 11:09 AM »
Hi.  Just want to know if PinoyDVD.biz will also be offering the free DVD5 promo of Casino Royale from Magnavision...  Astrovision is already offering it.  So should we wait or just preorder at Astro?

Hi gadgetguru.  We have yet to sit down with Magnavision on this.  Considering that you might run out of free DVD5 titles that interest you, I suggest you preorder now with stores that currently offer the promo.

Digressing, selected Magnavision titles are on sale right now until 28 Jan 2007 at .Biz.  The sale covers titles from Dreamworks, Paramount and Universal. :)