Author Topic: Pioneer DV355  (Read 18210 times)

Offline aligonzales

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:Pioneer DV355
« Reply #90 on: Jun 18, 2003 at 11:23 AM »
355 vs 266

266 is almost the same as the 355. The 266 has all the features of the 355.

The back panel and the outputs are the same e.g. coax/opt. digital out,  component video out, etc.

The 266 has additional features such as 54Mhz/10 bit Prog Scan, and can play wma files (Windows Media Files) and jpeg photo viewer.

The setup menu of the 266 has more color.

I have noticed a slight difference in the video output. When I tried calibrating my T.V. using THX Optimizer (found in R1 discs such as Pearl Harbor, Xmen 1.5) there was a part where you would adjust the brighness, you should see a big "THX" logo with a shadow backdrop. It also says that not all players can display the backdrop.

When i was using 355,  there was no backdrop. When I used the 266, I saw the backdrop shadow.

That's about it. Have'nt tried using it on a prog scan capable TV (since I dont have one yet  8) )

for more tech specs, visit the ff sites:

for DV-355 http://www.pioneer.com.sg/products/hv_dvdplayers/dv355.asp

for DV-266-S http://www.pioneer.com.sg/products/hv_dvdplayers/dv266s.asp
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2003 at 11:33 AM by aligonzales »

Offline bruno

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: Jun 29, 2003 at 01:03 AM »
My DV-355 dvd player doesn't show the time when playing vcd's.  Ganito rin ba sa inyo?

Offline obey

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #92 on: Jun 29, 2003 at 01:16 AM »
bruno,

I think you are watching your vcds while in Playback Control (PBC) mode.  Sa pagkakaalam ko para sa videoke ang mode na ito.  To turn off PBC and display the vcd's running time, press "1" instead of "play" to start playback.  Sigurado labas na ang running time ng movie and you can already use the time search feature of your player.  HTH
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2003 at 01:20 AM by obey »

Offline bruno

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Jun 29, 2003 at 05:35 AM »
Thanksz a lot obey.  I'll try it later.  I didn't knew this player has a time search feature.  It wasn't covered in the manual.  How do you use the time search?  I usually have to rely on the fwd button to get to the part I wish to view.  And it takes too long (and a lot of patience) if I wanted to access a certain part (specially if its near the end) of the disc.

Offline obey

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #94 on: Jun 29, 2003 at 02:48 PM »
Bruno,

Once you've followed the steps I enumerated earlier, press the "play mode" button at the bottom left of  the remote and just scroll down until you reach the search option of the player.  Ikaw na lang bahala mag punch in ng specific "time" or part ng movie then press enter.  

Offline bruno

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Jun 30, 2003 at 12:55 AM »
got it!  wow its like having a new player.  :)

Offline thirdgonzales

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Jul 01, 2003 at 06:21 AM »
can this unit play r1 discs or is it just limited to r3?  and if it's not compatible with r1 discs, can it be modified to do so?

thanks. :D

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Jul 01, 2003 at 08:01 AM »
can this unit play r1 discs or is it just limited to r3?  and if it's not compatible with r1 discs, can it be modified to do so?

thanks. :D

it depends on whether the unit you got is configured for r3 only or multiregion which can play all regions including r1. i think one of the postings earlier in this thread mentioned that it would take 2 - 3 weeks to modify it with a certain mike hernandez.

Offline thirdgonzales

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Jul 01, 2003 at 08:18 AM »
thanks. was thinking of looking into buying one. right now, i watch my dvds on my ps2 but some of my r1 dvds dont play while others do. weird. so now i want a dedicated player that can play r1 and all other regions. anyway, how much would that upgrade cost and will it guarantee that all my r1 discs will play?

Offline aligonzales

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Jul 01, 2003 at 04:12 PM »
thirdgonzales

there are two kinds of region coding sa R1. Ung isa, the ordinary coding, the other is RCE or Regional Coding Enhancement. It is a digital enhacement to prevent some R1 titles from playing in some region free players. That's why you cant play some of your R1 discs.

i would recommend buying a pioneer dvd, coz it can be modified easily. I bought mine at automatic ctr,  modified na sya. I have no problems playing with RCE discs. There are some stores that sell pioneer DVD players that are locked sa reg 3. you can request them to unlock it  for you. or if u have  an existing pioneer player that you want unlocked, call Pioneer svc ctr alabang. they will tell you what to do :)  i think it costs about P500. hope this helps
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2003 at 11:57 AM by aligonzales »

Offline thirdgonzales

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Jul 01, 2003 at 08:20 PM »
thanks, that helped.   ;D

i think i'm gonna go hunting for that dvd player once i come up with enough cash for it.

Offline toshiba

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Nov 12, 2003 at 02:03 AM »
'saw this at automatic centre on sale for 5,990... :)

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • squeeze meee !!! quack quack
  • Liked:
Re: Pioneer DV-355 ( help pls )
« Reply #102 on: Jul 11, 2005 at 08:00 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has ever encountered a problem like this with this particular player...

We have a pioneer DV-355 that we seldom use ( about 20-25 times only ever since we got it ) and I was about to use it lastnight and everything is dead.  We checked the connections and everything is in order naman but it just wouldn't turn on  ???

Would you guys know saan meron pioneer service centers please.

Thanks !
"Life is a work of art, designed by the one who lives it."

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
Re: Pioneer DV355
« Reply #103 on: Jul 11, 2005 at 03:55 PM »
I know there are other service centers but the one i always see is in West Avenue.

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • squeeze meee !!! quack quack
  • Liked:
Re: Pioneer DV355
« Reply #104 on: Jul 11, 2005 at 06:04 PM »
thanks daigoro  :)

Found the answer to my own question by searching the web.  Turns out, there's one right outside our village.

Called them and they think it's the power supply of the DVD that's broken kasi daw when you are not planning to use the player for quite some time, dapat daw unplug siya always and plug it nalang pag gagamitin na.  Haaaaaay what an expensive lesson to learn  :-[
"Life is a work of art, designed by the one who lives it."

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: Pioneer DV-355 ( help pls )
« Reply #105 on: Jul 11, 2005 at 06:46 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has ever encountered a problem like this with this particular player...

We have a pioneer DV-355 that we seldom use ( about 20-25 times only ever since we got it ) and I was about to use it lastnight and everything is dead.  We checked the connections and everything is in order naman but it just wouldn't turn on  ???

Would you guys know saan meron pioneer service centers please.

Thanks !
same prob here  got it fixed two  months  ago @ thier buendia branch...but had to buy some parts before i went there para mas mura paid 1050(150 for 1 diode and resistor) 900 for labor fee which i find  is quite steep...well its working ulit :)