Author Topic: Please recommend small 5.1 HT speakers for small room  (Read 1112 times)

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
Please recommend small 5.1 HT speakers for small room
« on: May 09, 2006 at 07:30 AM »
Hi  a  friend of mine is looking for 5.1 system na small, as the room is small,  the loudspeakers will be placed on the corners of the room, size of the main fronts should be about 1/2 to 3/4 size of an Acoustic Energy Evo 1,  any recommendations ?

my friend has an HTIB already so were looking for something better than an HTIB system
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006 at 07:31 AM by qguy »

Offline afterglow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Please recommend small 5.1 HT speakers for small room
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006 at 07:59 AM »
Look at the Energy Take series or the Act series.  Not the best for music but excellent for HT.  I think AVDI in Shang carries them.  Or you could always go with Bose  :o

Offline Oloap

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006 at 08:48 PM »
I would say monitor audio radius series, though on the expensive side compared to other small 5.1 HT speakers. Another would be the Mordaunt Short Premier series, about 25K for the set or the more expensive genie series.

Haven't heard the genie though it got good reviews. Heard the Monitor Audio Radius series, they sound big for their size. Of course when you compare it with floorstander on music, manipis. But on HT, cant tell the difference.

Offline psychodreamer

• Collector
  • +Live+
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006 at 05:14 AM »
If you can still find the older Energy Take 5.2,  I'd recommend it,  specially for near-field listening.  Just pair it with a nice sub and you're good to go.
Lines cut across my face...

Offline hattori_hanzo

• DVD Guru
  • LOUD and CLEAR! Mabuhay ang mga PCCian na bagets!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006 at 11:01 AM »
Definitive technology procinema 60, 80, 100 or 200 the best....
PCCian... kumbento boys!

Pipho (pinoy photography) member

Offline audibleillusions

• Collector
  • Hi-fi, HT,Professional Audio and Video Store
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006 at 05:54 PM »
Hi  a  friend of mine is looking for 5.1 system na small, as the room is small,  the loudspeakers will be placed on the corners of the room, size of the main fronts should be about 1/2 to 3/4 size of an Acoustic Energy Evo 1,  any recommendations ?

my friend has an HTIB already so were looking for something better than an HTIB system

AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS
HI TO EVERYONE
NEW HERE IN THIS PLACE
just want to let you know that the location of the store is @ 50D TIMOG AVENUE. QUEZON CITY
FEEL FREE TO DROP BY VISIT THE PLACE

or call us 3743620

DAI-ICHI   SPF-35

TO HEAR IS TO BELIEVE!!!   TO HEAR IS TO BELIEVE   TO HEAR IS TO BELIEVE   TO HEAR IS TO BELIEVE   TO HEAR IS TO BELIEVE
THE BETTER SOUND FOR BUDGETED PRICE