Author Topic: ONKYO AVR  (Read 539517 times)

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: ONKYO AVR
« Reply #1260 on: Jan 15, 2010 at 12:24 AM »
onkyo 307, 507 and 607 available for demo. come by the shop to check them out and compare them with denon and harman kardon receivers. :)

Offline toyfanatic

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • "ExEpTiOnAl ClArItY"
  • Liked:
« Reply #1261 on: Jan 16, 2010 at 02:14 PM »

sir

curious ako sa upscaling ng onkyo 607 sa dvd, pwede mag pa demo nun?

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1262 on: Jan 16, 2010 at 04:37 PM »
sir

curious ako sa upscaling ng onkyo 607 sa dvd, pwede mag pa demo nun?

sure. :)

Offline Gwenael

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1263 on: Jan 21, 2010 at 10:14 PM »
Source: http://www.intl.onkyo.com/whats_new/2010_01/index.html

Onkyo to Support HDMI 1.4 with 3D-Ready Capability in 2010 A/V Receivers

January 6th, 2010

OSAKA—Onkyo has announced that all of the A/V receivers in its 2010 line-up will support the new HDMI 1.4 standard. HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) 1.4 specifies a variety of new capabilities for a wide range of video, audio, and computer products. In the case of the new Onkyo products, support will be provided for both 3D video and Audio Return Channel capabilities.

Onkyo is proud to be one of the first to implement HDMI 1.4 across all of its new A/V receivers for 2010. Onkyo’s strong backing for the new standard is based on a recognition of the added capabilities it enables and the simplification it provides for system connections.

The Audio Return Channel in HDMI 1.4 enables a TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data “upstream” to an A/V receiver or surround audio controller. This provides increased flexibility to the user and eliminates the need for a separate S/PDIF audio connection.

Onkyo will introduce its first HDMI 1.4-capable products this spring.

Since 1946, Onkyo has been passionately committed to developing audio products that deliver uncommon performance, quality, and value. Bundling proprietary technologies and innovations with other sound-enhancing exclusives, Onkyo continues to create award-winning products that are lauded by many of the industry’s leading audio publications. The company’s philosophy is to deliver products that are superbly designed and built to a consistently outstanding standard of excellence. Today, Onkyo is at the forefront of the home theater and digital revolutions. For more information about Onkyo products, visit www.intl.onkyo.com.

Onkyo Corporation, Japan

....malamang upgrade na katakot-takot na naman nito dito sa PDVD :D
marantz sr8001; dv6001
aaudio 15" coaxial; surrounds
panasonic 42pv70h
sony ps3
hdpro

Offline zekiber2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • "FAITH can move Mountains"
  • Liked:
« Reply #1264 on: Jan 27, 2010 at 03:54 PM »
onkyo users anong other brand ang comparable sa sound quality?

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
onkyo 876 audyssey mic.. sinong meron...
« Reply #1265 on: Jan 27, 2010 at 11:55 PM »
mga sirs, i kinda misplaced my onkyo audyssey mic.. and i need to calibrate my twins asap...

anybody here who has onkyo 876 receiver whom i can borrow the mic for the weekend? pref manila/qc area?

or even for a few hours lang basta sa weekend?

promise to take care of it..

thanks

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: onkyo 876 audyssey mic.. sinong meron...
« Reply #1266 on: Jan 28, 2010 at 01:44 AM »
sir waxx, can you check if its compatible with an 807/rc180, i can lend you mine, im in makati tomrrow till perhaps 6pm and quezon city on friday ;) ;)09178830777 here tirso dela cruz
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline toyfanatic

• DVD Addict
  • "ExEpTiOnAl ClArItY"
  • Liked:
« Reply #1267 on: Jan 28, 2010 at 07:55 AM »
sure. :)

mga sir,

if i have a dvd player with upscaling capabilities already and connect it through the 607 via HDMI, would it still enhance the video output? TIA ;D

Offline ravel

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1268 on: Jan 28, 2010 at 10:43 AM »
mga sir,

if i have a dvd player with upscaling capabilities already and connect it through the 607 via HDMI, would it still enhance the video output? TIA ;D

Usually, the recommendation po is just do one upscaling, either thru the receiver or the dvd player. If via the dvd player, configure the onkyo for an output resolution of "through". If you want upscaling via the receiver, set the dvd player to not do upscaling and select the output resolution on the receiver (720p/1080i/1080p or auto).  Try na lang po whichever is better for you.

Offline toyfanatic

• DVD Addict
  • "ExEpTiOnAl ClArItY"
  • Liked:
« Reply #1269 on: Jan 28, 2010 at 01:00 PM »
Usually, the recommendation po is just do one upscaling, either thru the receiver or the dvd player. If via the dvd player, configure the onkyo for an output resolution of "through". If you want upscaling via the receiver, set the dvd player to not do upscaling and select the output resolution on the receiver (720p/1080i/1080p or auto).  Try na lang po whichever is better for you.

thanks for the reply, have you tried with a dvd with HDMI? how is the upscaling if through the 607? near 720p na ba?

Offline ravel

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1270 on: Jan 29, 2010 at 07:30 AM »
thanks for the reply, have you tried with a dvd with HDMI? how is the upscaling if through the 607? near 720p na ba?

I haven't tried a 607 before but I do have a onkyo receiver where I did the upscaling and later switched to the player upscaling when I upgraded.  In some cases, if the source material is good, it is near HD quality naman na.

Offline javauser

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Onkyo tx-nr807 and speaker warning
« Reply #1271 on: Feb 04, 2010 at 07:49 PM »
hi guys,

just got my onkyo tx-nr807! i'm reading the manual and it says

"don't connect more than one cable to each speaker terminal. doing so may damage the a/v receiver"

paano ito? e yung speaker wire ko 2 wires per cable. di ko alam ano tawag dun. basta isa "red-green" tapos ung isa naman "black-white".

help!
Optoma HD33
Denon AVR-X4000
KEF R500
KEF R200C
KEF R100
KEF LS50
SVS PB12NSD
www.activelearning.ph

Offline kefq

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • DVD Guru
  • Ethical Hacker
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
Re: Onkyo tx-nr807 and speaker warning
« Reply #1272 on: Feb 04, 2010 at 07:56 PM »
hi guys,

just got my onkyo tx-nr807! i'm reading the manual and it says

"don't connect more than one cable to each speaker terminal. doing so may damage the a/v receiver"

paano ito? e yung speaker wire ko 2 wires per cable. di ko alam ano tawag dun. basta isa "red-green" tapos ung isa naman "black-white".

help!

Bro wrong thread ka, anyway to answer your query, speaker cables consist of two wires, a positive terminal (usually red) and a negative terminal (usually black). Connect the positive wire (in your case red-green) to the positive speaker post (red) of your onkyo and the negative wire (in your case black-white) to the negative speaker post (black) of your onkyo.

Hope this helps

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Onkyo tx-nr807 and speaker warning
« Reply #1273 on: Feb 04, 2010 at 08:02 PM »
thread moved to the right section.

Offline dj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • "be better, be happy"
  • Liked:
« Reply #1274 on: Feb 05, 2010 at 01:48 PM »
mga sir saw an onkyo ht-r500 ito din ata yung onkyo tx-sr500 minus the speaker package, selling for P4,000.00 pesos w/out the speakers. pwede na kaya sya? or mahal sya?

thank you!

dj
panasonic 50c10
harman/kardon avr 335
wharfedale diamond 9s
dtx
samsung
pensonic
measy e8hd

Offline bebot santos

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Collector
  • Lutheran Rules!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1275 on: Feb 05, 2010 at 03:42 PM »
Mga guru's please remove this thread if it is OT, I would like to ask only if it is ok to pay at least 7k for the repair of my Onkyo TXDS 838 Integra ( or I should buy a lower end of Onkyo), I brought the unit in West ave, and this was their estimated price. TIA

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #1276 on: Feb 05, 2010 at 05:02 PM »
mga sir saw an onkyo ht-r500 ito din ata yung onkyo tx-sr500 minus the speaker package, selling for P4,000.00 pesos w/out the speakers. pwede na kaya sya? or mahal sya?

thank you!

dj

id say a good buy for its brand and price ;)

i dont think you'll find an onkyo avr priced that low. kahit ata konzert eh mas mahal pa dyan.
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #1277 on: Feb 05, 2010 at 05:32 PM »
Mga guru's please remove this thread if it is OT, I would like to ask only if it is ok to pay at least 7k for the repair of my Onkyo TXDS 838 Integra ( or I should buy a lower end of Onkyo), I brought the unit in West ave, and this was their estimated price. TIA

7k is too steep for me considering it's current market value now.

I'd rather you just save up for a new one. What was cutting edge when you bought that unit new has trickled down to even the entry level AVRs now.

Offline markcrenz

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #1278 on: Feb 05, 2010 at 05:42 PM »
i noticed 2 sirang avr mo? di kaya may problem ka sa speakers or sa kuryente? possible short circuiting sa speaker wires or within the speaker. pwede rin "madumi" o unstable ang meralco supply mo. i suggest you check these before you replace the receiver/s.
Sent from my Pentium 166MMX using PS/2 keyboard

Offline buratsi

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #1279 on: Feb 05, 2010 at 10:32 PM »
Newbie here. Question lang for Onkyo tx-sr507. Pwede ko ba ikabit dvd player  sa optical or coaxial out and ps3 sa hdmi at the same time? Paano setup ng receiver kasi naka hdmi out din  receiver to tv? TIA

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #1280 on: Feb 05, 2010 at 10:42 PM »
Newbie here. Question lang for Onkyo tx-sr507. Pwede ko ba ikabit dvd player  sa optical or coaxial out and ps3 sa hdmi at the same time? Paano setup ng receiver kasi naka hdmi out din  receiver to tv? TIA

yup you can, the digital out (whether optical or coaxial) is assignable at the receiver. so what will happen is your dvd player is connected via hdmi into you 507's hdmi input #1, dvd player is connected via digital out (whether coax/optical) into 507's digital in, at the receiver, you assign audio out of hdmi #1 to digital in (where coax /optical is connected.

for ps3, connect via hdmi to 507's hdmi input #2, and at the receiver, make sure audio output is also through hdmi #2. in your ps3's settings, you can choose audio output via hdmi whether through bitstream (meaning 507 to decode the audio) or through lpcm (ps3 doing the decoding of audio).

and lastly, connect one hdmi cable from the 507's hdmi out to your lcd/plasma's hdmi input.

you should be good to go.

Offline javauser

• Collector
  • Liked:
my new onkyo tx-nr807
« Reply #1281 on: Feb 06, 2010 at 01:36 AM »
grabe! sobrang daming options! i don't know where to start!

pwede pala 11 speakers ito, and 1 subwoofer.

it has so many listening modes, i can't even count them.
Optoma HD33
Denon AVR-X4000
KEF R500
KEF R200C
KEF R100
KEF LS50
SVS PB12NSD
www.activelearning.ph

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: my new onkyo tx-nr807
« Reply #1282 on: Feb 06, 2010 at 01:57 AM »
grabe! sobrang daming options! i don't know where to start!

pwede pala 11 speakers ito, and 1 subwoofer.

it has so many listening modes, i can't even count them.

i have the twin sister on NR807, mine is HT RC180, yes you may opt to use 11 speakers but if if im not mistaken, its only 9 that can run at the same time, for front, you have an option to either use a front height speaker or a front wide speaker but can use them both at the same time, the front height is activated when you choose dolby PL II x while the front wide is activated when you choose audyssey dsx. apparently and based from some reading i had and some feeds from sir mark(streetsmart), the best option is the audyssey dsx using the front wide, this option provides better sound envelopment but has to be set up follwoing certain degrees of angle from the listening position.

indeed too many sound fileds to choose, THX cinema, THX music, surround sound sensation among others

for audio listening my fav is pure audio and direct, not sure if 807 is 7.1 or 7.2 channel, the HTRC180 is 7.2 channel but waht the heck, any .1 channle receiver can also do dual sub set up. congrats on your new receiver, it has tons to offer ;) ;) ;)
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline dj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • "be better, be happy"
  • Liked:
« Reply #1283 on: Feb 06, 2010 at 11:48 AM »
id say a good buy for its brand and price ;)

i dont think you'll find an onkyo avr priced that low. kahit ata konzert eh mas mahal pa dyan.

thank you sir!
panasonic 50c10
harman/kardon avr 335
wharfedale diamond 9s
dtx
samsung
pensonic
measy e8hd

Offline buratsi

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #1284 on: Feb 06, 2010 at 12:54 PM »

yup you can, the digital out (whether optical or coaxial) is assignable at the receiver. so what will happen is your dvd player is connected via hdmi into you 507's hdmi input #1, dvd player is connected via digital out (whether coax/optical) into 507's digital in, at the receiver, you assign audio out of hdmi #1 to digital in (where coax /optical is connected.

for ps3, connect via hdmi to 507's hdmi input #2, and at the receiver, make sure audio output is also through hdmi #2. in your ps3's settings, you can choose audio output via hdmi whether through bitstream (meaning 507 to decode the audio) or through lpcm (ps3 doing the decoding of audio).

and lastly, connect one hdmi cable from the 507's hdmi out to your lcd/plasma's hdmi input.

you should be good to go.

doing the digital out as per my understanding i need 2 connection 1 for video and 1 for audio...tama ba?
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010 at 01:45 PM by buratsi »

Offline bebot santos

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Collector
  • Lutheran Rules!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1285 on: Feb 06, 2010 at 06:41 PM »
i noticed 2 sirang avr mo? di kaya may problem ka sa speakers or sa kuryente? possible short circuiting sa speaker wires or within the speaker. pwede rin "madumi" o unstable ang meralco supply mo. i suggest you check these before you replace the receiver/s.

Sir magkaiba ang spkr ng both rcver ko, boston acoustic for onkyo and wharfdale for pioneer, pero thanks sa suggestion na ipa-check ko sa meralco un power supply ko.

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #1286 on: Feb 07, 2010 at 08:12 AM »
If you were to choose between (model names are live hyperlinks):

• TX-SR606 (DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD, 105 watts/channel), a bit more expensive
  • HT-R560 (pass-thru HDMI, 130watts/channel)

which would you pick and why?

Offline volrathj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1287 on: Feb 07, 2010 at 12:11 PM »
Hello mga sir tanong lang po ako. Im using txsr-607 and im using the ps3 slim for playing dvd movies. But when I set the options to dolby digital and the surround back speaker doesn't work but if i choose dolby digital pllx it works perfectly. By the way I set the ps3 slim to bit stream. thanks for your fast reply.

Offline javauser

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1288 on: Feb 07, 2010 at 07:26 PM »
i connected my dvd player to my onkyo via component video cables.

Picture quality was still poor. I was hoping that video upscaling would make the picture better. I'm not sure if video upscaling was indeed enabled because even though I set onkyo's monitor out to 720p, the image I get is still not what I expected.

any tips?
Optoma HD33
Denon AVR-X4000
KEF R500
KEF R200C
KEF R100
KEF LS50
SVS PB12NSD
www.activelearning.ph

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #1289 on: Feb 07, 2010 at 07:40 PM »
i connected my dvd player to my onkyo via component video cables.

Picture quality was still poor. I was hoping that video upscaling would make the picture better. I'm not sure if video upscaling was indeed enabled because even though I set onkyo's monitor out to 720p, the image I get is still not what I expected.

any tips?

the 807 uses the faroudja chip to do the upscaling duties. its a fairly good chip and should do the upscaling well. what dvd player are you using? i suppose since you are using component, its not an upscaler. if so, is it the progressive kind of dvd, if it is, try setting it to 480i or turn progressive scanning off. and hopefully feeding the 807 with unprocessed signal will let the 807 do its job better.

if the picture is still bad. it now goes to software, does all your dvd looks the same? or just certain movies looks bad and some looks good. sometimes its the software, as they say garbage in garbage out.