Author Topic: ONKYO AVR  (Read 536702 times)

Offline mikz023

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: ONKYO AVR
« Reply #2460 on: Dec 06, 2011 at 06:13 AM »
I've decided na.. I'll go for the 809.  :D mahabang pagiipunan to...

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #2461 on: Dec 06, 2011 at 06:27 AM »
even the multeq is way better than 2eq  :D

Agree. :) 2EQ is as good as no Audyssey for me, but the 509/609 are good receivers for the price nonetheless.

Offline mikz023

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2462 on: Dec 06, 2011 at 06:40 AM »
Agree. :) 2EQ is as good as no Audyssey for me, but the 509/609 are good receivers for the price nonetheless.

Sir, ur talking about 2EQ. para san ba to? and un MultiEQ din? what are their differences?

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #2463 on: Dec 06, 2011 at 09:04 PM »
Sir, ur talking about 2EQ. para san ba to? and un MultiEQ din? what are their differences?
these are room correction features from audyssey
try this link bro > Audyssey’s Room Correction Solution.
ninjababez online ..

Offline AppleMan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #2464 on: Dec 07, 2011 at 06:59 AM »
Pa-advice lang mga Brader ano po ba mas ok sa dalawa Onkyo Tx NR809 O Denon AVR 1912 in terms of Movie and Music?

TIA! ;)
KEF Q100
NAD C326BEE

Offline jcsantamarina

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2465 on: Dec 07, 2011 at 07:52 AM »
Pa-advice lang mga Brader ano po ba mas ok sa dalawa Onkyo Tx NR809 O Denon AVR 1912 in terms of Movie and Music?

TIA! ;)

I think bro ibang levels yan. The 1912 is more comparable to the Onkyo 609. So performance-wise, mas ok Yung 809. Pero price-wise, Yung 1912. (",)

In terms of movie, I like the sound of Onkyo better than Denon. The opposite goes naman with music. (",)
But that's based on 509 vs Denon 1911. I'll let you know how the 809 sounds, pero mga Jan na. Hehehe..

Offline mikz023

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2466 on: Dec 07, 2011 at 09:27 AM »
^Bro anong dealer sa amazon mo binili un 809?  :)

Offline jcsantamarina

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2467 on: Dec 07, 2011 at 01:27 PM »
^Bro anong dealer sa amazon mo binili un 809?  :)

J&R ata.
Pero I did a search via Amazon lang. What's showing up ba? I haven't checked again recently coz the receiver arrived at our house na and is already queued up for "Pinoy"-style re-packing.. hehehe..

Offline engrjepoy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2468 on: Dec 08, 2011 at 08:59 PM »
bro otep_32 tama ka.. salamat sa advice..may sound na thru hdmi...salamat po sa lahat ng nagreply sa tanong ko..the best pdvd.. ;D

Sir,

ano nakalagay sa display ng receiver mo if you set your ps3 to output audio thru HDMI? sakin kasi multichannel and parang mahina ung sound but if you set your ps3 to output audio thru digital out and set your receiver to optical input, the display will be DD or DTS depending on the game and parang mas malakas ung tunog. observation ko lang and just want to know if may kailangang i set if you use HDMI.

Offline jcsantamarina

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2469 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 01:19 AM »
Sir,

ano nakalagay sa display ng receiver mo if you set your ps3 to output audio thru HDMI? sakin kasi multichannel and parang mahina ung sound but if you set your ps3 to output audio thru digital out and set your receiver to optical input, the display will be DD or DTS depending on the game and parang mas malakas ung tunog. observation ko lang and just want to know if may kailangang i set if you use HDMI.

@engrjepoy:
Are you using Ps3 fat or slim?
If slim, if you do a little backreading, I remember someone suggested to turn on the bitstream feature on the PS3 Sound Settings. My PS3 is connected via HDMI only and I get either the DTS or DD when I play games. Pero I override it and set it to Game mode. Hehe..

For more detailed setup,you can refer here also:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/onkyo-products/696423-faq-setting-up-ps3-onkyo-amp.html
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2011 at 02:02 AM by jcsantamarina »

Offline engrjepoy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2470 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 08:38 AM »
@jcsantamarina,

yes sir I've read the previous post and set my ps3 to bitstream pero di lumalabas ung DTS or Dolby sa display ng receiver. ang lumalabas is ung game mode. I'll try to check the link sir and thank you for the assistance.  :)

Offline jcsantamarina

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2471 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 09:05 AM »
@jcsantamarina,

yes sir I've read the previous post and set my ps3 to bitstream pero di lumalabas ung DTS or Dolby sa display ng receiver. ang lumalabas is ung game mode. I'll try to check the link sir and thank you for the assistance.  :)

If the game mode already came out, you just have to cycle through the different listening modes. What Onkyo are you using? The X09's normally have their's accessible via "Home" button then selecting "Listening Mode", then Game.

Offline engrjepoy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2472 on: Dec 10, 2011 at 11:54 PM »
If the game mode already came out, you just have to cycle through the different listening modes. What Onkyo are you using? The X09's normally have their's accessible via "Home" button then selecting "Listening Mode", then Game.

I'm using 609 sir. thanks again for the link. Medyo naiintindihan ko na ung mga different connections.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2473 on: Dec 15, 2011 at 08:51 AM »
J&R ata.
Pero I did a search via Amazon lang. What's showing up ba? I haven't checked again recently coz the receiver arrived at our house na and is already queued up for "Pinoy"-style re-packing.. hehehe..

Hello jcsantamarina.

Did your relatives have to take out the 809 from its original carton box then repacked with bubble wraps?  My friend and I also got an 809 (nagka-kulaman kaming dalawa) and we're discussing if the sealed Onkyo box would fit as is in a balikbayan box.

Cheers!

Offline jcsantamarina

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2474 on: Dec 15, 2011 at 09:35 AM »
Hello jcsantamarina.

Did your relatives have to take out the 809 from its original carton box then repacked with bubble wraps?  My friend and I also got an 809 (nagka-kulaman kaming dalawa) and we're discussing if the sealed Onkyo box would fit as is in a balikbayan box.

Cheers!

Good question bro!

Hehehe.. Hindi kasya! We had to unpack and wrap with towels :) and yung Magic cleaner foams ng biyenan ko..

Plus they're also asking if they can pack it sideways. sabi ko no. Worst case scenario is the front panel should face up. Tama ba?

Magaling naman mag-pack family ko. Kasi I import stuff regularly naman. Make sure maganda lang padding.

Oh one more thing.. my mom suggested to re-pack also even before it arrived to avoid the unnecessary "customs" inquiries. Hehehe.. Pasko kasi. Kahit hindi commercial quantity, maraming "alam mo na"..

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2475 on: Dec 15, 2011 at 10:21 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  That's what I'm afraid of.  The 809 seems to be as big as my 1008 and the original Onkyo packing is pretty huge and made of strong carton box.  Old unused comforters or bubble jackets would even be better than towels.  Yeah I think sideways orientation should be avoided but if that has to be the case, as long as walang too much pressure on the front face and the back panel - that means I think the front face should be on the side kasi flat and sturdy yung side panels.

OK, you must be very excited.  Cheers!

Hehehe.. Hindi kasya! We had to unpack and wrap with towels :) and yung Magic cleaner foams ng biyenan ko..

Plus they're also asking if they can pack it sideways. sabi ko no. Worst case scenario is the front panel should face up. Tama ba?

Magaling naman mag-pack family ko. Kasi I import stuff regularly naman. Make sure maganda lang padding.

Oh one more thing.. my mom suggested to re-pack also even before it arrived to avoid the unnecessary "customs" inquiries. Hehehe.. Pasko kasi. Kahit hindi commercial quantity, maraming "alam mo na"..

Offline jcsantamarina

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2476 on: Dec 15, 2011 at 10:23 AM »
^^
Haha.. same with you siguro.. Hehehe..

14 days na lang ako! :)

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2477 on: Dec 15, 2011 at 10:28 AM »
^^
Haha.. same with you siguro.. Hehehe..

14 days na lang ako! :)

Oh no.  My waiting time is longer as our AVR will take the seafreight route. Hindi puedeng bawasan ang 23kg x 2 x No of persons na luggage - dyahe.  hehehe.   Swerte nga sa friend kasi maski sa Nanay ko pinakamamahal, hindi papayag magpalagay ng ganon kabigat sa box nya.  hahaha.

Offline jcsantamarina

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2478 on: Dec 15, 2011 at 03:57 PM »
Oh no.  My waiting time is longer as our AVR will take the seafreight route. Hindi puedeng bawasan ang 23kg x 2 x No of persons na luggage - dyahe.  hehehe.   Swerte nga sa friend kasi maski sa Nanay ko pinakamamahal, hindi papayag magpalagay ng ganon kabigat sa box nya.  hahaha.

I was fortunate na Yung 2 uuwi sa lima hindi balikbayan. (",) mga kano kasi mga gf Ng bros Ko e.. Hahaha.. (",) pero, muntik na din di kasama Yung akin. (",) Buti nag-advance booking ako. (",) hahahaha...

Offline mikz023

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2479 on: Dec 16, 2011 at 09:07 AM »

Sir Pobox ba yan? magkano quote sayo?

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2480 on: Dec 16, 2011 at 09:26 AM »
Sir Pobox ba yan? magkano quote sayo?

Not Pobox. My friend is going to arrange shipping through their regular Balikbayan Box company in CA.  Probably would cost no more than $100.

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #2481 on: Dec 17, 2011 at 03:22 AM »
Not Pobox. My friend is going to arrange shipping through their regular Balikbayan Box company in CA.  Probably would cost no more than $100.

My yamaha Aventage(BNEW sealed in Yammy box) just arrived. My dad use Forex. My dad just put it in their regular Balikbayan box. Eksakto ang dimension nang Yamaha box except sa height. so nilagyan nang bubble wrap and towels para mapuno yung kakulangan sa height.. May PS3 pang kasama na first model ha ha ha...

Cost 80$ to ship.. Upon checking and testing, walang problem ang unit.. The yamaha box remain intact.. October 20 pinapick up sa Forex. Kaninang umaga dumating... Worth the wait for only 80$ shipping... ;)
Walang Setup

Offline nogie

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2482 on: Dec 17, 2011 at 06:32 AM »
My yamaha Aventage(BNEW sealed in Yammy box) just arrived. My dad use Forex. My dad just put it in their regular Balikbayan box. Eksakto ang dimension nang Yamaha box except sa height. so nilagyan nang bubble wrap and towels para mapuno yung kakulangan sa height.. May PS3 pang kasama na first model ha ha ha...

Cost 80$ to ship.. Upon checking and testing, walang problem ang unit.. The yamaha box remain intact.. October 20 pinapick up sa Forex. Kaninang umaga dumating... Worth the wait for only 80$ shipping... ;)

Yan ang maganda pag me kamag-anak ka na sa US, (kaya lang sa sobrang busy kamaganak lalong nagtatagal). Di na sinisilip yong laman at kahit brand new sigurado walang tax. Pag naharang na lang sa customs saka ka sasabihan ng forwarding company pero sa experience ko hindi pa nangyari yon kasi hindi naman commercial quantity.

Onkyo receivers from 8XX series up hindi yan papasok kahit sa jumbo balikbayan box. I usually pay  usd60-80 pag pinadala as-is. Makikita mo naman yong rate sa odd box shipping calculator.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2483 on: Dec 17, 2011 at 10:51 AM »
Yan ang maganda pag me kamag-anak ka na sa US, (kaya lang sa sobrang busy kamaganak lalong nagtatagal). Di na sinisilip yong laman at kahit brand new sigurado walang tax. Pag naharang na lang sa customs saka ka sasabihan ng forwarding company pero sa experience ko hindi pa nangyari yon kasi hindi naman commercial quantity.

Onkyo receivers from 8XX series up hindi yan papasok kahit sa jumbo balikbayan box. I usually pay  usd60-80 pag pinadala as-is. Makikita mo naman yong rate sa odd box shipping calculator.

Sinabi mo pa.  Hahaha.   Nanay ko dapat 6 months daw lead time kung gusto kong isabay sa boxes nya..para kasing Tayuman UST jeep na kailangang punuin ng sampuan yung pituhan bago lumakad.  hehehe.  So in most cases, I simply request my Mum to send by airfreight sa PO - as long as hindi masyadong mabigat ang item.

Yeah I double checked yung box ng 809 last night sa store and it's really as big as that of my 1008 because hindi sya yung compact chassis design.  I doubt kung papasok as is sa biggest jumbo box.  Anyway, I dont need the original box as long as it's properly re-packed - salamat sa kaibigan.

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2484 on: Dec 17, 2011 at 08:21 PM »
Bro Alan, wala ka ba nakikita sa Hard Off? Dati nakapag uwi ako ng 2 amp na napakamura at sariwa pa. Pag nag Delta ka, 2pcs of 23kls@, pwedeng pwede!  ;D

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2485 on: Dec 17, 2011 at 09:06 PM »
Bro Alan, wala ka ba nakikita sa Hard Off? Dati nakapag uwi ako ng 2 amp na napakamura at sariwa pa. Pag nag Delta ka, 2pcs of 23kls@, pwedeng pwede!  ;D

Yung mga mura ay puro legacy decoders lang.  Pero may models na magaganda especially if someone does not need DTS-HDMA and TrueHD capabilities.

Denon 3808 ang nakita ko na very interesting ang price and modern featured, pero sa sobrang taas ng Yen these days, very tempting ang prices sa US.  Hmmm, mas mataas nga pala grade ng Denon 3808 sa Onkyo 809 and 1008, pero mas modern ang features nung mga Onkyo ko.

Offline mightbeyou

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2486 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 08:08 PM »
 8) hope im on the right thread to ask this info...im planning to set up a ps3, hd player, and a plasma tv...my concern however is the receiver i would be using...would it be ok for me to use on onkyo 508, 509, or 309...which among the 3 would best suite the set up...i basically want all the sound to run through the speakers i have...  8)

Offline jcsantamarina

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2487 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 11:51 PM »
8) hope im on the right thread to ask this info...im planning to set up a ps3, hd player, and a plasma tv...my concern however is the receiver i would be using...would it be ok for me to use on onkyo 508, 509, or 309...which among the 3 would best suite the set up...i basically want all the sound to run through the speakers i have...  8)

What speakers do you have?

I have a 509 with that setup now and it does an excellent job in handling all of your requirements. (",)

Offline meat_eater

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2488 on: Dec 20, 2011 at 08:41 AM »

Any of those models would do the job fine since all are capable of HDMI connectivity.

I suggest you go the 5 series way... 509 if the budget permits.
Bite Hard and SHAKE

Offline mightbeyou

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2489 on: Dec 20, 2011 at 08:19 PM »
Any of those models would do the job fine since all are capable of HDMI connectivity.

I suggest you go the 5 series way... 509 if the budget permits.

What speakers do you have?

I have a 509 with that setup now and it does an excellent job in handling all of your requirements. (",)

8) 8)  thanks for the suggestions sir...hopefully my budget really permits me to have the 509..if not i guess i have to settle for the 508 then... 8) 8)