Author Topic: ONKYO AVR  (Read 536727 times)

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: ONKYO AVR
« Reply #3330 on: Mar 03, 2013 at 04:03 PM »
nakuh kung dyan ka sa yamaha na yan mangagaling mahihinaan ka sa onkyo model na gusto mo

thats for sure hehe....
sarap magupgrade sa 818 or 809 haha...
how i wish i can just vommit money
Love me or hate me.....

Offline blueboink17

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3331 on: Mar 03, 2013 at 07:32 PM »
haha thanks mga sir sa mga suggestion per0 I finally decided to take it na rin for a reasonable price kya ndi ko rin nabitawan. :)

I'm using Yamaha Ns-45 floorstanding speaker and planning to take it to sir anthony para ma-tweak next time kapag may money na hehe. pahinga muna sa mga mata ni kumander.
Greediness kills you! >=D

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #3332 on: Mar 05, 2013 at 01:58 AM »
how i wish i can just vommit money
pwede naman bro, kaso kain ka muna ng money ;D
ninjababez online ..

Offline onkyo616

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3333 on: Mar 05, 2013 at 09:55 AM »
Hi sirs,

I have an Onkyo 606. I'm having problems with the HDMI connections. When I researched about it, I found out from various forums that this model has faulty HDMI boards installed. There's even a tutorial on youtube about how to DIY the fix by replacing the capacitors. Right now, all my video sources are direct to TV and optical and coaxial connections to the receiver for DTS and DD. Sayang lang coz I can't have DTS-HD MA and Dolby True HD.

I just wanna ask if someone here is experiencing the same? Would anyone know how much it's gonna cost replace the HDMI board with a new one?

Thanks in advance.

Hi magalona,

Na solve na ba problem mo sa hdmi connections? I think mine has also a problem regarding HDMI ARC
kasi di ko mapalabas audio at video gamit yong ARC ng TV ko going to the onkyo AVR.

Does anyone of you guys out there experience this problem? baka may alam kayong solution para
magamit ko yong ARC feature both of my TV and AVR

TIA.......

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #3334 on: Mar 05, 2013 at 10:01 AM »
Three dumb questions - just have to make sure.

1.  Is your Onkyo's ARC "enabled" in the settings.  ARC is "off" by default settings.

2.  Does your TV have ARC-compliant HDMI port (usually only 1 HDMI port is specified for ARC) and have you made sure that your connection is via that specific HDMI port?

3.  Are you using a proper ARC-compliant HDMI cable? (1.4)

Na solve na ba problem mo sa hdmi connections? I think mine has also a problem regarding HDMI ARC
kasi di ko mapalabas audio at video gamit yong ARC ng TV ko going to the onkyo AVR.

Does anyone of you guys out there experience this problem? baka may alam kayong solution para
magamit ko yong ARC feature both of my TV and AVR
« Last Edit: Mar 05, 2013 at 10:14 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline onkyo616

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3335 on: Mar 05, 2013 at 07:12 PM »
Three dumb questions - just have to make sure.

1.  Is your Onkyo's ARC "enabled" in the settings.  ARC is "off" by default settings.

2.  Does your TV have ARC-compliant HDMI port (usually only 1 HDMI port is specified for ARC) and have you made sure that your connection is via that specific HDMI port?

3.  Are you using a proper ARC-compliant HDMI cable? (1.4)

Clondalkin,

Yes my TV and receiver is ARC capable (LG42LS5700 and onkyo 616)
ARC on TV is already "ON" and so with the receiver at Hardware settings under HDMI and i'm using
the HDMI 1.4 high speed hdmi pero wala pa ring audio and video.
Meron pa bang HDMI v1.4 na hindi capable sa ARC feature kasi ayon sa nabasa ko sa mga forum at sa HDMI.org, kailangan daw HDMI v1.4 na may ARC but then halos lahat ng mga store na may tindang HDMI v1.4 ay hindi nakaindicate yong "ARC capable" only high speed and ethernet capable. Sayang din kasi ang feature na eto kaysa mag connect pa ako ng optical cable, gusto ko kasi dumaan lahat sa receiver na

Any input will be much appreciated....thanks..

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #3336 on: Mar 05, 2013 at 11:43 PM »
Bro, what error are you getting? I followed a youtube guide for my Samsung 55" LED to work with the 818 via ARC.

Offline onkyo616

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3337 on: Mar 06, 2013 at 07:27 AM »
Bro, what error are you getting? I followed a youtube guide for my Samsung 55" LED to work with the 818 via ARC.

Hi Jackryan,

Bale wala akong makuhang audio and video while playing movies using the built in media player of LG TV pero i can access the monitor of LG dahil nakakapagset ako ng mga set-up/parameters ng onkyo receiver using the HDMI 1 ARC but then no audio from the receiver and no video from TV during playback, by the way i'm using HDMI v1.4 cable.

Any help will do much appreciated, i have also followed some instruction from you tube i think from " tampatec"?

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3338 on: Mar 06, 2013 at 08:38 AM »
Curious questions naman.

When you use the built-in media player of the LGTV, it actually uses the HDMI ARC Video Channel?  I havent tried the built-in player of my HDTV so I dont know which TV Video Channel it uses.  But then ang binabalik lang naman ng TV to the receiver is audio.

Is ARC working for regular TV broadcast or program?

Not all HDMI1.4 are created equal - I agree with that although in my understanding, bi-directional signal flow feature is standard in 1.4.  Kaya nga meron nalilito why the AVR connection is HDMI ARC OUT while sa TV is HDMI ARC IN.

Bale wala akong makuhang audio and video while playing movies using the built in media player of LG TV pero i can access the monitor of LG dahil nakakapagset ako ng mga set-up/parameters ng onkyo receiver using the HDMI 1 ARC but then no audio from the receiver and no video from TV during playback, by the way i'm using HDMI v1.4 cable.

Any help will do much appreciated, i have also followed some instruction from you tube i think from " tampatec"?

Offline onkyo616

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3339 on: Mar 06, 2013 at 10:05 AM »
Curious questions naman.

When you use the built-in media player of the LGTV, it actually uses the HDMI ARC Video Channel?  I havent tried the built-in player of my HDTV so I dont know which TV Video Channel it uses.  But then ang binabalik lang naman ng TV to the receiver is audio.

Is ARC working for regular TV broadcast or program?

Not all HDMI1.4 are created equal - I agree with that although in my understanding, bi-directional signal flow feature is standard in 1.4.  Kaya nga meron nalilito why the AVR connection is HDMI ARC OUT while sa TV is HDMI ARC IN.

No, even TV broadcast has no audio in the receiver pero nakikita ko naman si receiver sa monitor ni TV.
Di ko lang talaga mapalabas yong video and audio during playback sa built in player nya thru the USB slot. Also same scenario pag ginamit ko yong media player ko na WD TV (unang labas pa) di pa sya yong live pero HDMI na rin sya at may optical na din - with audio when connected to receiver (wd hdmi) but no video and reverse when WD HDMI connected to TV, i got no audio

Siguro nga kailangan ko maghanap ng HDMI cable na v1.4 at may nakalagay na "with ARC capable"

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3340 on: Mar 06, 2013 at 10:33 AM »
That's strange.  Audio is definitely not returning to your Receiver.  Dapat lang na makita mo yung Receiver sa TV because that is the "normal" signal path.

Video output of the built-in player has nothing to do with ARC diba?   Does your built-in player work well if nothing is connected to your TV, that is, just the USB stick and no external connections via HDMI?

Iba-iba rin ang problem mo with the WD. 
Via AVR, no video kamo that means video is not getting passed-thru - hence AVR or HDMI issue (WD to AVR and/or AVR to TV).
Direct WD to TV connection via HDMI, no audio kamo.  What?  Is there a setting sa WD to turn on HDMI Audio?  or, does your WD downmix its audio output properly to 2 channel stereo which is what your TV should be capable.

No, even TV broadcast has no audio in the receiver pero nakikita ko naman si receiver sa monitor ni TV.
Di ko lang talaga mapalabas yong video and audio during playback sa built in player nya thru the USB slot. Also same scenario pag ginamit ko yong media player ko na WD TV (unang labas pa) di pa sya yong live pero HDMI na rin sya at may optical na din - with audio when connected to receiver (wd hdmi) but no video and reverse when WD HDMI connected to TV, i got no audio

Siguro nga kailangan ko maghanap ng HDMI cable na v1.4 at may nakalagay na "with ARC capable"
« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2013 at 10:34 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline onkyo616

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3341 on: Mar 06, 2013 at 01:09 PM »
That's strange.  Audio is definitely not returning to your Receiver.  Dapat lang na makita mo yung Receiver sa TV because that is the "normal" signal path.

Video output of the built-in player has nothing to do with ARC diba?   Does your built-in player work well if nothing is connected to your TV, that is, just the USB stick and no external connections via HDMI?

Iba-iba rin ang problem mo with the WD. 
Via AVR, no video kamo that means video is not getting passed-thru - hence AVR or HDMI issue (WD to AVR and/or AVR to TV).
Direct WD to TV connection via HDMI, no audio kamo.  What?  Is there a setting sa WD to turn on HDMI Audio?  or, does your WD downmix its audio output properly to 2 channel stereo which is what your TV should be capable.

Here's the scenario again Sir,
nong wala pa akong receiver everything is fine, may audio and video kahit anong gamitin ko
WD HDMI to TV = ok, with vidie and audio
USB or Harddisk connected via USB of LG TV = ok, with video and audio

Here's the problem now that i'm using the receiver
WD >>>AVR>>>TV via hdmi = no video ( siguro nga di sya nagpass through which the receiver is capable also)

WD>>>TV>>>AVR = no audio
 That is my problem, or am i missing some connections and set-up?

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3342 on: Mar 07, 2013 at 10:02 AM »
The 1st connection scheme is the preferred one (that is, use the AVR as the hub instead of the TV, and maintain only 1 HDMI connection to the TV as much as reasonably possible).  Assuming that all your connections in/out of the Onkyo are correct, it's really ODD that video pass-through is not working.  I can only speculate that it's either an Onkyo issue and/or HDMI cable problem.  Got to isolate the problem by testing with other AVRs or other HDMI cables.

The 2nd connection should be feasible because with ARC, the TV should be able to return audio from all video channels of the TV back to the AVR.  My only concern here is to make sure that your HDMI cables are correctly connected, that is, the one designated HDMI ARC port (IN) - usually HDMI 1- from the TV back to the specified HDMI ARC (OUT) port of the AVR, and then any other HDMI between the TV and the WDTV.

Things I would try
1.  Disconnect all cable connections first and then reconnect one by one correctly (duh).
2.  In order to prevent possible HDMI handshake issues, always turn on the AVR first, ALWAYS.
3.  Try to play around with the internal speaker settings of the TV (either via the TV or through the AVR).  Sometimes, you have to turn off the built-in TV speaker system to get ARC working.
4.  Turn on all HDMI Links Features on the AVR and/or TV.

Best of luck!

WD >>>AVR>>>TV via hdmi = no video ( siguro nga di sya nagpass through which the receiver is capable also)

WD>>>TV>>>AVR = no audio
 That is my problem, or am i missing some connections and set-up?
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2013 at 10:04 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline onkyo616

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3343 on: Mar 07, 2013 at 12:59 PM »

Things I would try
1.  Disconnect all cable connections first and then reconnect one by one correctly (duh). - Already did, still not ok
2.  In order to prevent possible HDMI handshake issues, always turn on the AVR first, ALWAYS. - Already did but problem still exists
3.  Try to play around with the internal speaker settings of the TV (either via the TV or through the AVR).  Sometimes, you have to turn off the built-in TV speaker system to get ARC working. - ARC already ON and speaker has been toggle from analog to PCM as well as set to external speaker on TV still no handshake between TV and receiver
4.  Turn on all HDMI Links Features on the AVR and/or TV. - I think i already done this on hardware setting, HDMI "ON" on the receiver( assigned to OUT HDMI) and ARC ON on LG TV and also assigned to HDMI 1 which has a label ARC

WD >>>AVR>>>TV via hdmi if this is the ideal connection saan ko bale kukunin yong video signal from receiver going to TV, sa monitor out ba ng receiver? o sa OUT HDMI pa rin ng receiver going to TV, my TV has no video input for coaxial or RCA jacks but has HDMI IN's

anymore help would be appreciated.....

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3344 on: Mar 07, 2013 at 01:26 PM »
HDMI (ARC) OUT of your Onkyo - the one that is designated as such in your manual.  Iisa lang yon diba although your Onkyo has multiple HDMI IN (thus ideal as a hub ang Onkyo). That is also your correct path for ARC - take note it's HDMI OUT on the AVR and it's also ARC-compliant to be connected to HDMI ARC IN of your TV (I suppose HDMI 1).

You can actually control (on/off) the built-in speaker of your TV from the AVR.  In my set-up, I didnt have to do anything on the TV side (Panny plasmas).  All ARC settings were done via the Onkyo 1008 or the 809 receivers lang.

WD >>>AVR>>>TV via hdmi if this is the ideal connection saan ko bale kukunin yong video signal from receiver going to TV, sa monitor out ba ng receiver? o sa OUT HDMI pa rin ng receiver going to TV, my TV has no video input for coaxial or RCA jacks but has HDMI IN's
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2013 at 01:51 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3345 on: Mar 07, 2013 at 07:41 PM »
Confirm ko lang sa Onkyo AVR side mo

Under Set-Up/Hardware Settings/HDMI

HDMI RIHD is ON ne?

Tapos ARC is AUTO or ON
TV Out is Auto or ON
TV Control is ON
Power Control is ON

Is your Onkyo set this way?  Sa 1008 and 809 ko of HDMI RIHD is OFF, kahit naka AUTO or ON ang ARC, no sound.

TV side - no settings whatsoevah - I simply connected to HDMI ARC IN and ARC works perfectly with the TV tuner itself, and the external cable tuner.  Yun lang connected sa TV ko directly.
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2013 at 07:43 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline onkyo616

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3346 on: Mar 08, 2013 at 08:17 AM »
Confirm ko lang sa Onkyo AVR side mo

Under Set-Up/Hardware Settings/HDMI

HDMI RIHD is ON ne? - Yes, it's ON

Tapos ARC is AUTO or ON - AUTO
TV Out is Auto or ON - eto ang setting na di ko makita sa receiver
TV Control is ON - eto ang setting na di ko rin makita sa receiver
Power Control is ON - eto ang setting na di ko rin makita sa receiver

Is your Onkyo set this way?  Sa 1008 and 809 ko of HDMI RIHD is OFF, kahit naka AUTO or ON ang ARC, no sound. - setting is HDMI RIHD is "ON"

TV side - no settings whatsoevah - I simply connected to HDMI ARC IN and ARC works perfectly with the TV tuner itself, and the external cable tuner.  Yun lang connected sa TV ko directly.
- TV side ko eh naka set din sa ARC HDMI 1 setting is "ON" also with external speaker

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3347 on: Mar 08, 2013 at 09:28 AM »
I think Ive run out of any new ideas, except to say that if your Onkyo can't do video pass-through and ARC, and the fact that pass-through and ARC are routed through the same HDMI ARC (MAIN) OUT of the AVR, that's my first suspect right now - I think.

Good luck!

Offline onkyo616

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3348 on: Mar 09, 2013 at 08:35 AM »
I think Ive run out of any new ideas, except to say that if your Onkyo can't do video pass-through and ARC, and the fact that pass-through and ARC are routed through the same HDMI ARC (MAIN) OUT of the AVR, that's my first suspect right now - I think.

Good luck!

Last question, do i have to configure the remote of the AVR to have the TV and AVR communicate through the "remote settings" kasi eto na lang di ko pa nagagalaw and ayon sa manual you can control devices here

Thanks anyway for the time and the inputs you have shared

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3349 on: Mar 10, 2013 at 08:25 AM »
No need I think.  That's the gist of RIHD.  With RIHD "ON", you already have basic control (the most common functions) of both the TV and AVR using the TV or AVR remote.

Best of luck.  Up to this point, I thought ARC should be totally straightforward as long as the devices are connected properly via HDMI ARC - apparently not.

Last question, do i have to configure the remote of the AVR to have the TV and AVR communicate through the "remote settings" kasi eto na lang di ko pa nagagalaw and ayon sa manual you can control devices here
« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2013 at 08:27 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline rochie

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3350 on: Mar 10, 2013 at 11:17 AM »
Makikisabat lang po baka sakaling makatulong kasi na encounter ko din tong arc issue with my pioneer avr and panasonic plasma,para gumana yung arc ang source/input na ginagamit ko sa avr is tv/sat that way pag gamit ko built in media player ng plasma yung audio is routed to the avr via hdmi2 port w/c is the arc enabled hdmi nung panny,pati regular tv viewing sa avr na din yung audio.

Offline blueboink17

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3351 on: Mar 10, 2013 at 07:48 PM »
pa-OT mga big boss, saan makakabili ng 1500w na AVR? I have my Onkyo 567. Nagcanvass na ako sa ace hardware.. nagccost sya ng 3000+ php.

Any advice kng saan kayo mas nakabili ng mura at may quality na brand? I'm thinking sa pier kaso nagdadalawang isip ako bka masayang lang pera ko dun.

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #3352 on: Mar 11, 2013 at 06:59 AM »
pa-OT mga big boss, saan makakabili ng 1500w na AVR? I have my Onkyo 567. Nagcanvass na ako sa ace hardware.. nagccost sya ng 3000+ php.

Any advice kng saan kayo mas nakabili ng mura at may quality na brand? I'm thinking sa pier kaso nagdadalawang isip ako bka masayang lang pera ko dun.

Try the marketplace.

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,105469.0.html
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline blueboink17

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3353 on: Mar 11, 2013 at 09:44 AM »

Offline ProtegeManiac

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3354 on: Mar 14, 2013 at 11:41 AM »
Would anyone know if the NR414's (or if there's any range of serial numbers) being sold online are safe from the HDMI and heat issues? They're around $199 in Amazon right now and my friend can bring it home with his luggage, so I don't need to worry about shipping. Problem is I came across this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1415258/the-official-onkyo-tx-nr414-515-616-problems-thread

If not I'll probably just go with the Denon 1513 for about $20 more, but no network features and it uses clip speaker terminals (well, at least it has identical discrete amp channels too).

Offline Tempter

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #3355 on: Mar 14, 2013 at 12:23 PM »

Try RAON. And personally, I would avoid MALDOL, the quality of outlets is crap(well, maybe the older release are better). And the ones with power delay does not include the 100v outlets.
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline elim

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3356 on: Mar 14, 2013 at 02:48 PM »
Would anyone know if the NR414's (or if there's any range of serial numbers) being sold online are safe from the HDMI and heat issues? They're around $199 in Amazon right now and my friend can bring it home with his luggage, so I don't need to worry about shipping. Problem is I came across this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1415258/the-official-onkyo-tx-nr414-515-616-problems-thread

If not I'll probably just go with the Denon 1513 for about $20 more, but no network features and it uses clip speaker terminals (well, at least it has identical discrete amp channels too).

Bro issues with the HDMI we're fixed with firmware updates (at least fr the 515/616). Heat issue naman will not go away. All onkyo receivers run hot.
i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee319/ielim/Faithful%20Sound%20brands%202_zpsttoewu3h.jpg

Offline ProtegeManiac

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3357 on: Mar 14, 2013 at 06:10 PM »
Bro issues with the HDMI we're fixed with firmware updates (at least fr the 515/616). Heat issue naman will not go away. All onkyo receivers run hot.

Alright bro, thanks! Didn't see that part in the thread; at the tail end of it there were still a lot of people complaining about the HDMI issue after having done the updates, but I suppose it might be heat-related given some of it happened much later.

Anyways I'm planning to have a shelf for the TV built into my entertainment room, so the receiver will be on the top shelf next to the LED TV and HTPC, and I wouldn't stay in that room without the A/C on so I suppose I should be safe.

Offline red_one

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3358 on: Mar 23, 2013 at 10:23 AM »
would a Onkyo AVR be a good match to my Monitor Audio Bronze bookshelf speakers?

Offline Villaco

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #3359 on: Mar 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM »
Patulong naman mga Guru. di ko lang alam kung may related post na ito at d rin ako sure kong dito ito dapat.

Set-up
Onkyo 1007
PCH-A400

kapag nag pplay ako BDMV or ISO even MKV file using the DD TRUEHD or DTS HD MA audio output, putol putol ang audio, using the HDMI from PCH to AVR. Pero kapag direct connection ko using HDMI from PCH to TV and use the Optical Cable para sa audio to Onkyo, ok ang audio nya. Pero sa Monitor o TV it says DTS HD or DD TRUE HD, pero sa Onkyo LED Display DTS lang nakalagay

Ibig sabihin ba nito may problema ang Onkyo sa DTS HD or DD TRUE HD audio?

Pa help naman kung papaano ko mapapalabas ang DTS HD or DD TRUE HD sa Onkyo w/out any issue sa audio.
TIA>
Optoma HD20
Onkyo TX-NR1007
PCH A400
AN Super 8"
Polk Audio RTi A6
SVS PB12 NSD
SVS SB12 NSD