Author Topic: Mixed Martial Arts Thread : UFC - PRIDE - K1 - URCC  (Read 38600 times)

Offline Papi Chulo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Dare to be wrong and to dream.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:UFC : Ultimate Fighting Championship
« Reply #120 on: Jan 26, 2003 at 10:41 PM »
nope trust me they are not doubles  ;D i only have one copy of each. Sorry no UFC I dont collect UFC because I just dont like the talent that fight there and the stupid rules. Anyways FYI another UFC member has bolted for pride and that's KEvin Randellman. If the rate of trasfers keeps on going UFC is going out of business.

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: Jan 27, 2003 at 06:49 AM »
If the rate of trasfers keeps on going UFC is going out of business.

To early to tell, last PPV event of UFC which is Vendetta had a record breaking sell-out crowd at las vegas.
[img width=163 height=49]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/x

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: Jan 27, 2003 at 06:53 AM »

... Or, we can try to look for this guy i'm talking about (kilala naman pala ni Xage), he might have new UFC/Pride/K1 fights. Sige na xage, umamin ka na, baka ikaw naman 'yon...  ;D

Wala pa bang Frank Shamrock-Tito Ortiz rematch?

Cheers!!!
Compaq

He is not me! ;D Logan is Logan and Xage is Xage... I just knew the guy (trading some stuff with him back then).. I got like 12 UFC Tapes and 1 Extreme Fighting 2 Video

The Frank Shamrock-Tito Ortiz rematch is impossible as of this moment coz Frank Shamrock is already retired (It was after his marriage he stopped fighting) he is now focused on Hollywood related roles....

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: Jan 27, 2003 at 10:23 AM »

The Frank Shamrock-Tito Ortiz rematch is impossible as of this moment coz Frank Shamrock is already retired (It was after his marriage he stopped fighting) he is now focused on Hollywood related roles....

Meron na ba siyang starring role?Or extras lang? Sayang naman kung ganoon.
It takes a little more persistence to get up and go the distance

WWF COLLECTOR

« Reply #124 on: Jan 27, 2003 at 11:16 AM »
TAKEN FROM VARIOUS MMA WEBSITE:
PRIDE FC GOING OUT OF BUSINESS?!

The rumors about PRIDE having severe financial problems continue to flood the Japanese papers, even today. A creepy statement made by new PRIDE boss Nobuyuki Sakakibara was: "The company may have been driven into death by the President's death." Sakakibara admitted that Morish,ita's death has damaged the image of the company. Sakakibara hinted at big-time cuts for management and for any existing contracts with figthers. Sakakibara said that new management will be announced at the end of January. Sakakibara further illustrated on details regarding Morish,ita's stake in the PRIDE company, claiming that Morish,ita had a
50% stake in the company in terms of stock. Sakakibara claims that Morish,ita's wife and child have inherited the stock, but no one knows what will happen with it. PRIDE management already admitted that 2003 would be a tumultous year.

(maybe pride's u.s. invasion will likely be stopped in the process right now, since they're running out of money and maybe MMA fighters)

Also i watch the tape of recent Wrestle-1 pro wrestling show in japan when i LAUGH OUT of my seat when UFC FIGHTERS turned PRO-WRESTLERS (ala shamrock and severn) Kevin Randleman and Marc Coleman {TEAM HAMMER} battle against the GIANT CONVICTS?!. (one of the convicts is a K-1 fighter Jan Nortje) the match ended when mark coleman executed a very sloppy Hurucanrana. on one of the giants.
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2003 at 11:21 AM by WWF COLLECTOR »

Offline Papi Chulo

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Jan 27, 2003 at 01:05 PM »
hmm that seems tough but they had record breaking attendance rcords a couple of months back with 95000 people attending the event. and they average around 50000 - 65000 people an event. So I think they might stay on a litlle longer because of the fact that they have ties also with K1 now.

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Jan 27, 2003 at 07:49 PM »
If the rate of trasfers keeps on going UFC is going out of business.

Being a UFC fan since 1994 seeing this post really hurts my touch to the SUPERBOWL of MMA

My reaction >>>   :'(

TAKEN FROM VARIOUS MMA WEBSITE:
PRIDE FC GOING OUT OF BUSINESS?!

The rumors about PRIDE having severe financial problems continue to flood the Japanese papers, even today. A creepy statement made by new PRIDE boss Nobuyuki Sakakibara was: "The company may have been driven into death by the President's death." Sakakibara admitted that Morish,ita's death has damaged the image of the company. Sakakibara hinted at big-time cuts for management and for any existing contracts with figthers. Sakakibara said that new management will be announced at the end of January. Sakakibara further illustrated on details regarding Morish,ita's stake in the PRIDE company, claiming that Morish,ita had a
50% stake in the company in terms of stock. Sakakibara claims that Morish,ita's wife and child have inherited the stock, but no one knows what will happen with it. PRIDE management already admitted that 2003 would be a tumultous year.

But seeing this?? no comment the article tells the entirety.. GEEZ, the owner of PRIDE died?

My reaction >>>    ;D

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Jan 27, 2003 at 07:54 PM »
I think Kevin will be a contender in the following (although delayed telecast) UFC fights.He has great stamina and physique.For a debut fight in the UFC against Maurice, that was considered a good fight for me.
Same for Kevin, I do believe that he will be one to look out for.

Whoa, never thought that the Hammer House boys would stoop down to the level of PRO Wrestling??

Also i watch the tape of recent Wrestle-1 pro wrestling show in japan when i LAUGH OUT of my seat when UFC FIGHTERS turned PRO-WRESTLERS (ala shamrock and severn) Kevin Randleman and Marc Coleman {TEAM HAMMER} battle against the GIANT CONVICTS?!. (one of the convicts is a K-1 fighter Jan Nortje) the match ended when mark coleman executed a very sloppy Hurucanrana. on one of the giants.

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Jan 27, 2003 at 11:52 PM »
You said that right Xage.I guess there's more money in pro wrestling that is why fighters move on to that venue.They should increase the purse so at least there is an incentive for more better fighters to come in.Maybe after a few bouts of risking life and limb, who would't think twice.One cannot eat prestige, we need cash. ;D
More power to UFC and Pride!!!
Elf 8)

Offline mdsaint3

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • My avatar is my dog!!! She bites!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Jan 28, 2003 at 08:10 AM »
anybody here actually train in martial arts?   wow.. never knew people were really into mixed martial arts here.. are pride/ufc  dvds avail here?

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Jan 28, 2003 at 08:21 AM »
Hey mdsaint3,
Try mega mixx in mega near astro.I saw a UFC hits 2 DVD for P1,500.00.I'm also trying to bring in UFC and Pride DVDs, let you know if it pushes through. ;D
Elf 8)

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Jan 28, 2003 at 10:18 AM »
Solar, huwag naman replay UFC this saturday...please... ;D

Offline Dragon Sleeper

• Collector
  • Fortune favors the brave!
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Jan 28, 2003 at 02:42 PM »
Solar, huwag naman replay UFC this saturday...please... ;D

Pwedeng replay basta yung UFC 2, 3, and 4 missed those shows kasi  :(

Nice meeting you, pare. Thanks for the cheap comics.  ;D

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Jan 28, 2003 at 03:46 PM »
Yup na miss ko din mga yon.hehe.pati ufc 1. ;D
Enjoy the books. ;D ;D ;D Wala na ngang hope yong sauron.hehe

Offline Dragon Sleeper

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Jan 28, 2003 at 04:43 PM »
Wala na ngang hope yong sauron.hehe

That's why I didn't bother to collect lotr. Frustrating lang kasi pag di ko ma-complete (and I feel pag limited ang budget ng collector, tulad ko, impossible ang completion ng line).

I guess you have to shell out the 2K.  ;D ;)

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Jan 28, 2003 at 08:39 PM »
I wonder if they have figs of UFC and Pride fighters? Sana gumawa ng kamukha talaga like those made for the star trek figs.I was so impressed with Picard and Bakula.Sobrang kamukha.Ang galing.Definitely Tank Abbots fig would be the best seller! ;D Dapat may octagon play set.hehe

Offline Dragon Sleeper

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Jan 28, 2003 at 09:37 PM »
I wonder if they have figs of UFC and Pride fighters? Sana gumawa ng kamukha talaga like those made for the star trek figs.I was so impressed with Picard and Bakula.Sobrang kamukha.Ang galing.Definitely Tank Abbots fig would be the best seller! ;D Dapat may octagon play set.hehe

Hey Elf,

Actually, I have a few Pride\UFC action figures (to go with my puroresu figs, most notably, Inoki, Liger, Great Muta, Great Nita and Hakushi ). No digicam yet, I won't use a webcam because it won't give justice to the figures. Got most of these from ebay.

Here are pics I found on the web (takun-toys.com) of the figures I have.

RINGS Series

Tsuyoshi Kosaka aka TK

Yoshihisa (Norihisa?) Yamamoto

Akira Maeda

TAKADA DOJO

Sak  ;D  ;D

Jumping Sakuraba (to overcome the "guard")

NOAH

Takayama (fought don frye, bob sapp etc. in pride, lost all his mma fights  ;D )

« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2003 at 09:38 PM by Dragon Sleeper »

Offline Dragon Sleeper

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Jan 28, 2003 at 09:47 PM »
Not compatible with wwe/wcw/ecw figs though, they're just 5 to 51/2 in.  :(

also limited articulation.. just three (shoulders and waist) kaya I just leave them unopened.  ;D

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Jan 29, 2003 at 12:15 AM »
pag makahiram ka ng digicam, post your figs naman. ;D Galing pala collection mo.

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: Jan 29, 2003 at 12:48 AM »
Sino pang may UFC and Pride figs?Posts naman!Baka may magbenta din. ;D

Offline Papi Chulo

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Jan 29, 2003 at 05:36 PM »
Xage you actually consider ultimate fighting the superbowl of MMA? Why is that?  ???  I mean they were the first to introduce MMA in the west.  But that was pretty much it. The competition is mediocre and nobody really takes it that seriously. This is coming from me a guy who trained with Marco Ruas when I was in the US. By the way the other people who teach in my gym were oleg taktarov and Bas Rutten. We were all talking after class one time and one thing they complained about was the level in competition. Same goes for the GRacie camp down there. They love the versatality of Pride and the matches they're given because it ends up being so challenging. I'm not saying that UFC sucks or anything but definitly would have to disagree with you when it comes to regarding them as the superbowl of MMA. I have a feeling that when Tito Ortiz's contract is up we'll be seeing him in Pride

Offline Papi Chulo

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Jan 29, 2003 at 06:07 PM »
Pride 26 ititiming ko pareng elf ! I'll get you a Tshirt. ;D May 25

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Jan 29, 2003 at 06:22 PM »
hehe ;D
Pare nakita mo na sila Oleg Taktarov and Bas Rutten? Nakausap mo na sila?Galing naman kung nakapasok ka sa class nila. Nagpakuha sana ako ng signed photo. ;D

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Jan 29, 2003 at 06:29 PM »
Papi, mahal siguro mag enroll sa class nila Oleg and Bas no?Mapili siguro sila sa students they take in.

Offline Papi Chulo

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: Jan 29, 2003 at 08:36 PM »
marco ruas , bas rutten, oleg taktarov, and marcus vinicius owned my gym in beverly hills. I trained there for over a month last year 5 times a week. A class will cost you 100 dollars. It's cool cause my brother in law funded for it  ;D

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Jan 29, 2003 at 11:42 PM »
Your brother in law?Does he compete din?Pare give us some more background on how your bro in law came into this?give us some details with your interactions with these pro-fighters. ;D

Offline Compaq

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: Jan 30, 2003 at 09:49 AM »

If you want a copy, I can just lend the tape to you (I only have one VHS Player). Let me know :)

... Or, we can try to look for this guy i'm talking about (kilala naman pala ni Xage), he might have new UFC/Pride/K1 fights. Sige na xage, umamin ka na, baka ikaw naman 'yon...  ;D
Cheers!!!
Compaq

hehe. ;D Ok lang ba hiramin? ;D Where are you near, maybe we can meet up.Maganda yong fight line up sa UFC hits 2!
O nga naman Xage sino ba yan para matanongan na kung may bagong copies like UFC 40. ;D
Elf 8)

Hi Elf, sorry, ngayon ko lang nakita yung post mo. Anyway, i'll bring the tape tomorrow. I work in Makati.

Papi Chulo...  trained under MRuas, had a chat with OTactarov and BRutten.... coooooool guy  8)...

Cheers!!!
Compaq

Offline Papi Chulo

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Jan 30, 2003 at 11:31 AM »
it's nothing much pare the beverly hills jujitsu club which is owned by the three is really near my bro in law's house. So he ended up training there for past time lang he's a actually a Carlos Gracie guy previous to training with them. He's not an NHB guy or anything he trains for physical fitness lang just like the other dudes around in that neighborhood. But I must say that there are man amzing fighters in that gym I mean blue and purple belts that kick a whole lot of ass. I used to train formally for an 1 and 30 a day and they would keep there after class for free to roll around and teach me some more cause I had "potential" daw sayang I didnt stay longer. I might end up brining one of them over for a seminar I'm trying to get some funding from the boys and maybe within this year we might be able to bring marco ruas over to have a short seminar. I'll make a thread if my talks are good.

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Jan 30, 2003 at 07:00 PM »
Hi Elf, sorry, ngayon ko lang nakita yung post mo. Anyway, i'll bring the tape tomorrow. I work in Makati.
Compaq

Hey Compaq,
Where in Makati do you work?PM me na rin. ;D I PMed you my cel no. so we can coordinate.Can't make it tomorrow though.Ok lang ba sometime next week on a weekday?
Elf 8)

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Jan 30, 2003 at 07:07 PM »
Hey Papi,
That would be great if you guys could bring in one of the famous fighters for a seminar.Marami siguradong mag attend. ;D