Author Topic: Nextvision N5 Videoprocessor/Tuner  (Read 1553 times)

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
Nextvision N5 Videoprocessor/Tuner
« on: Jul 03, 2006 at 11:07 AM »

Nextvision N5 Videoprocessor/Tuner

Create your own desktop entertainment center.

Create your own desktop entertainment center with the ViewSonic N5 TV tuner/video processor. This compact box easily turns any LCD or CRT monitor into a TV multimedia center. With a BUILT-IN TV TUNER AND MULTIPLE VIDEO CONNECTIONS for extras like a DVD player, digital camera, VCR or game consoles, you can view multimedia presentations or catch the end of the game — all in FULL-SCREEN, HIGH RESOLUTION IMAGES. Content can even be filtered with the built-in V-chip. With the N5, it’s easy to plug and play TV, DVDs and more right at your desk and still have room to work. Add an UltraBrite™ or DigitalMedia ViewSonic display for the ultimate desktop entertainment experience.

Experience high-resolution TV on any display.
Connect the N5 to your antenna, satellite or cable fee and enjoy up to 181 channels of high-resolution TV, up to 1280x1024.

Enjoy full-screen, high resolution video entertainment with or without your PC.
Connect your DVD player, VCR, digital camera, camcorder or gaming console to enjoy brilliant images on your high-resolution display.

Step into flexible connectivity.
Component video (YPbPr), S-video, composite (RCA) video connectors, audio pass-through and front-panel headphone connections increase your entertainment options.

Advanced scaling technology delivers sharp, clear images.
Our exclusive advanced scaling technology, 3:2 pull down correction, and motion and adaptive de-interlacing improve video clarity and sharpness.

Customized content control.

Parental control and closed caption options allow you to customize your viewing experience.

Here's the link for more specs.

Anybody had experience with this?  Looks promising and cheaper than other video scalers out there.  This is available at Villman Computers. 

Offline Meridian-Audio

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • www.grupotoyota.com.ph
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Nextvision N5 Videoprocessor/Tuner
« Reply #1 on: Jul 03, 2006 at 09:54 PM »
Hi sir,

Tried the N6 wayback 2001 with one of my client using  Runco CRT FPTV. But I think discontinued product na N6.
Okey naman picture quality ng viewsonic pero much better sir if you can afford to get N6 kc meron cya 720p resolution selection on menu.Meron pa yata available sa cardinal audio Vmall. And
the unit cost you around 10k also with built in tuner. BTW how much is the selling price of villman sir?
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2006 at 10:00 PM by Meridian-Audio »

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2006 at 03:04 AM »
how much po ito sir?

this will be a great pair to my 19" LCD monitor. i can get rid of the 21" CRT TV in my bedroom ;D

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2006 at 06:09 AM »
Thanks sirs for the reply.  If I have an LCD Projector with SVGA (800x600) resolution, would the video quality still be improved with this?  I am running now at 525p but would like to experience 720p.  It says in the manual of my pj it can accept 1080i and 720p signals.

Here's the price of the N5 and N6 at Villman.

Offline Meridian-Audio

• Collector
  • www.grupotoyota.com.ph
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jul 04, 2006 at 05:41 PM »
Thanks sirs for the reply.  If I have an LCD Projector with SVGA (800x600) resolution, would the video quality still be improved with this?  I am running now at 525p but would like to experience 720p.  It says in the manual of my pj it can accept 1080i and 720p signals.

Here's the price of the N5 and N6 at Villman.

Yes sir it will definitely improve the quality of your display but Hindi cya kcing extreme nung mga high end video processor that will allow you to adjust some video timings & parameterslike these brand that we carry http://www.lumagen.com/testindex.php?module=products . And about N6 & N5 konti lang pala difference nung dalawa sa price., Payag ba cla ma audition muna yung unit? Hehehe.. w/c i doubt.. Syang Villaroman is my client dati ( villman owner) wala na rin kc ako contact info nya ma try sana ntin unit. But anyway try mo muna sir mag inquire sa Cardinal Audio  kc minsan they allow you to audition the product first before purchase. Try to luk for dindo. I think he is the owner of the store.  ;)
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2006 at 05:48 PM by Meridian-Audio »

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jul 04, 2006 at 09:08 PM »
Thanks! So the only way I can see the difference is to buy and audition.  I'll try to check Cardinal Audio sa Greenhills.  Saan ba to banda sir?

Offline skylynx888

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • breastmilk is also good for adults
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jul 04, 2006 at 09:26 PM »
Cardinal Audio can be found at the new Viramall, hinde ko lang matandaan kung second or third floor. ;D ;D

Offline Meridian-Audio

• Collector
  • www.grupotoyota.com.ph
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 04, 2006 at 09:33 PM »
Thanks! So the only way I can see the difference is to buy and audition.  I'll try to check Cardinal Audio sa Greenhills.  Saan ba to banda sir?

The store is located on the 3rd floor of the new virramall . Nkahalo cya sa mga computer store.
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2006 at 09:36 PM by Meridian-Audio »

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jul 05, 2006 at 05:57 AM »
OK I'll check it out....

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jul 11, 2006 at 06:03 AM »
Decided to go through the HTPC route nalang.  I get more options for my PJ with HTPC.  ;D

Offline Meridian-Audio

• Collector
  • www.grupotoyota.com.ph
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jul 11, 2006 at 07:38 PM »
Decided to go through the HTPC route nalang.  I get more options for my PJ with HTPC.  ;D

Heheh!! Gud to hear that sir.
Ako nag upgrade narin ako ng HTPC ko.