Author Topic: Sale Alert! Post All Current/Upcoming Mall (Astro, "O," etc.) DVD Sales Here!  (Read 159978 times)

Offline Starfire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Starfire (Wife of the Ghost Warrior)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I just bought Back to the Future Box set trilogy in Odyssey, Lucena (kinda vintage that's why i grabbed the opportunity, I love MJ Fox when I was little!) i just bought it for 600 pesos...

Then 2 discs edition of braveheart and kingdom of heaven 199 only each title in astroplus (nationwide i ssuppose they offered it)

And Pathfinder in Musicone... 265

shrek 3... well still new so expect it a little bit more expensive than usual sale. it's 650

Offline Starfire

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Di ko lang talaga maintindihan kung bakit hindi sila centralized lalo na pagdating sa pricing like for example yung nabili kong JACk ni Robin Williams, 75 pesos lang sa sm makati, pero sa iba 199 at 333, same naman ng packaging, region, at contents... ::)

Hehe... Me too... I don't get it... same packaging, same region, same number of discs. May nabili akong Last of the Mohicans, 199 sa ibang braches, pero pagdating sa amin, I just bought it for 145. It's cheaper by almost fifty pesos.

Pare-pareho silang sale yeah... but the prices of the sale items doesn't tallied from different branches,  ??? which I assume that they are getting it in the same distributor of course.

I notice that too... even the SM branch here.

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
Exactly, I think they want us either to have a good exercise, waste some gas or spend additional parking fees.  >:(

Offline Starfire

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Exactly, I think they want us either to have a good exercise, waste some gas or spend additional parking fees.  >:(

Hehe... Amen!

or maybe roam around till we run out of patience!

Offline cinemappostle

• Collector
  • Liked:
I just bought Back to the Future Box set trilogy in Odyssey, Lucena (kinda vintage that's why i grabbed the opportunity, I love MJ Fox when I was little!) i just bought it for 600 pesos...

Then 2 discs edition of braveheart and kingdom of heaven 199 only each title in astroplus (nationwide i ssuppose they offered it)

And Pathfinder in Musicone... 265

shrek 3... well still new so expect it a little bit more expensive than usual sale. it's 650

Swerte mo naman starfire. Sana meron pa Braveheart 2-disc edition. Last time kasi I went to Astroplus SM Lucena 1-disc edition lang. I hope meron pa tira. Uwi ako Lucena tomorrow e

Offline cinemappostle

• Collector
  • Liked:
cinemapostle...

Are the DVDs here for sale by you??? or are these DVDs you found in astro shang???

I don't sell them. I bought them from various stores:

Armageddon (2-disc edition; Criterion Collection) - WALTERMART (tapat ng Don Bosco Makati) I wasn't expecting 2 discs sya kasi wala naman naka-indicate sa packaging nya. I just noticed later when I got home na meron nakalagay na Criterion Collection sa spine.
Independence Day (Extended Edition) - SM Lucena
Courage Under Fire - Odyssey-MEGAMALL
X-Men 2 (2-disc edition) - ASTROPLUS-SM Lucena
X-Men 3 (2-disc edition) - ASTROPLUS-SM Lucena
LXG (2-disc edition) - ASTROPLUS-SM Lucena
Minority Report (2-disc edition) - ASTROPLUS-SM Makati
Fantastic Four (2-disc edition) - GAISANO MALL-Lucena
The Sound of Music (40th Anniversary Edition) - ASTROPLUS-SM Makati

Offline Starfire

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Swerte mo naman starfire. Sana meron pa Braveheart 2-disc edition. Last time kasi I went to Astroplus SM Lucena 1-disc edition lang. I hope meron pa tira. Uwi ako Lucena tomorrow e

Kagagaling ko lang sa SM lucena last week, meron pa silang stocks! hehe... siguro mga 2-3 stocks pa yun. Same price din ng Kingdom of Heaven, 2 disc edition rin siya...  ;)  :D

Then the boxset of back to the future trilogy, I just bought it for 600 pesos in Odyssey Lucena (SM pa rin!)
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2008 at 03:15 AM by Starfire »

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Need to check SM for Braveheart.
Saw that Back to the Future Trilogy in O V-Mall.
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Hi Starfire, 

Are the Back to the Future DVDs dual layer?  I believe these are budget dvds that are locally minted.  I'm particular about Back to the Future 3 since it contains special features and has a DTS.  If this is single layer, i'm sure both the pic and sound will suffer.

I already have the first 2 editions and I got the Imported copies.  Both are dual layered dvds.

Appreciate your response.  Thanks!!!

Offline Starfire

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Hi Starfire, 

Are the Back to the Future DVDs dual layer?  I believe these are budget dvds that are locally minted.  I'm particular about Back to the Future 3 since it contains special features and has a DTS.  If this is single layer, i'm sure both the pic and sound will suffer.

I already have the first 2 editions and I got the Imported copies.  Both are dual layered dvds.

Appreciate your response.  Thanks!!!

I got the region 1 copy of this trilogy when i was in Texas... With DTS feature too.  I left it there, and didn't expect that I could stay here longer than usual. Hehe...

So I bought the new boxset. When I watched it, it doesn't have a difference to my opinion. Same clarity and quality of pictures and sound...

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I got the region 1 copy of this trilogy when i was in Texas... With DTS feature too.  I left it there, and didn't expect that I could stay here longer than usual. Hehe...

So I bought the new boxset. When I watched it, it doesn't have a difference to my opinion. Same clarity and quality of pictures and sound...

Thanks.  I checked it out and it's dual layer so I'm sure it's the same as R1.  We watched BTTF Part 2 last week.  We're gonna watch Part 3 this weekend. Great!

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
I don't sell them. I bought them from various stores:

Armageddon (2-disc edition; Criterion Collection) - WALTERMART (tapat ng Don Bosco Makati) I wasn't expecting 2 discs sya kasi wala naman naka-indicate sa packaging nya. I just noticed later when I got home na meron nakalagay na Criterion Collection sa spine.

Wag ka lang magugulat kung di siya AWS.

Offline Starfire

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Thanks.  I checked it out and it's dual layer so I'm sure it's the same as R1.  We watched BTTF Part 2 last week.  We're gonna watch Part 3 this weekend. Great!

Opo... wala po halos siya pinagkaiba po eh... it's a good thing that I only bought iti in cheap price.  :D

Hay kelan kaya magse-sale ang LOTR trilogy platinum edition? Kahit po they said it's on sale mahal pa rin!  ;D 

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
Hay kelan kaya magse-sale ang LOTR trilogy platinum edition? Kahit po they said it's on sale mahal pa rin!  ;D 

san ba makakabili locally ng lotr platinum extended edition??
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2008 at 10:19 PM by a2 »

Offline Starfire

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
san ba makakabili locally ng lotr platinum extended edition??

Try niyo po PM sina emildjr and lekky0213, baka makakatulong po sila senyo...  ;) 
« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2008 at 12:53 AM by Starfire »

Offline rico_g

• Collector
  • Liked:
Just went dvd shopping at sm north! 3-day sale!

The Grifters (John Cusack) - Magnavision WS: 100
Big Bounce - Imported WS - 175
Murder by Numbers Imported WS - 199
Constantine 2 disc WS - 199
Corpse bride WS (bought it bcz they are the same guys in sweeney todd)- 199

and from odyssey

Romeo and Juliet by Baz Luhrman SE-WS - 199

Offline Starfire

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Constantine 2 disc WS - 199
and from odyssey

Yay!!! Sale na ang constantine!?  :o 2 disc pa? Weiii... I wish umabot pa ako!  :'(  :'(

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
There are lots of title also on sale sa SM North Edsa. Video City has a buy 3 take 6 DVD promo (imported DVDs)  ;D

Offline rico_g

• Collector
  • Liked:
Yay!!! Sale na ang constantine!?   2 disc pa? Weiii... I wish umabot pa ako!     

Actually I bought my copy from d block.. may isa pa dun from the shelf when i left...

tapos may astro din sa sm city main... i saw 2 there at 199 din... hurry! dami pa namang tao sa sm ngaun!  ;D

Offline Starfire

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Actually I bought my copy from d block.. may isa pa dun from the shelf when i left...

tapos may astro din sa sm city main... i saw 2 there at 199 din... hurry! dami pa namang tao sa sm ngaun!  ;D

teka po... uutusan ko muna taga-sibat ko!  :D

There are lots of title also on sale sa SM North Edsa. Video City has a buy 3 take 6 DVD promo (imported DVDs)  ;D

Basta sale mabilis pa po ako sa alas-kuwatro!  ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2008 at 02:33 PM by Starfire »

Offline rico_g

• Collector
  • Liked:
the pirces in astro sm north are back to the usual... the 199 price for constantine 2 disc is only for the 3 day sale.

Offline Starfire

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
the pirces in astro sm north are back to the usual... the 199 price for constantine 2 disc is only for the 3 day sale.

Yehey nakaabot po me!!! salamat po sa Tip, Sir!!!  ;)  ;D

Offline cinemappostle

• Collector
  • Liked:

Wag ka lang magugulat kung di siya AWS.

What's AWS?

Offline r_Y_@_n

• DVD Addict
  • andre marcus
  • Liked:
What's AWS?

anamorphic widescreen sir...  ;)

Offline rico_g

• Collector
  • Liked:
what's the diff between AWS and WS anyway?

Offline kimosabe

• Collector
  • Liked:
what's the diff between AWS and WS anyway?

sir ito po yung topic re: anamorphic and non-anomorphic.

http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=8566.0
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2008 at 09:15 AM by KimosabE »
if life has failed you, leave the cross you nailed to

Offline rico_g

• Collector
  • Liked:
sir ito po yung topic re: anamorphic and non-anomorphic.

http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=8566.0

Thanks chief!!! I didn't realize i kinda went off-topic there!

Offline cinemappostle

• Collector
  • Liked:
anamorphic widescreen sir...  ;)

I see. I haven't checked that. Next time, I'll pat attention to that. Thanks!

Offline cinemappostle

• Collector
  • Liked:
Kagagaling ko lang sa SM lucena last week, meron pa silang stocks! hehe... siguro mga 2-3 stocks pa yun. Same price din ng Kingdom of Heaven, 2 disc edition rin siya...  ;)  :D

Then the boxset of back to the future trilogy, I just bought it for 600 pesos in Odyssey Lucena (SM pa rin!)

Sa Astroplus ba yan sa SM Lucena? Kasi me Braveheart don. Pero wala naman nakalagay na 2-disc edition sa case nya. So I assumed 1-disc edition lang. Uwi ako LC uli tomorrow.

Offline THX1138

• Collector
  • Electronic Labyrinth: THX 1138 4EB
  • Liked:

Does it really say Criterion Collection? From what i recall it's supposed to say Collector's Edition (due to rights issues)