Author Topic: Paradigm Speakers  (Read 154930 times)

Offline bassman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: Paradigm Speakers
« Reply #180 on: Jan 17, 2009 at 07:25 AM »
Studio 40 68K approx. ;D
Rotel RCD1072 RC1070, RB1070 Sonus Faber Concerto, Velodyne DD12

Offline accastil

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #181 on: Jan 17, 2009 at 08:04 AM »
Question lang for Paradigm owners, are the atoms good enough for a pure audio setup with a t-amp?

depende po sa music na patutugtugin sir. rock, heavy jazz, disco may not be satisfying if heard with the atoms.

for vocals...maybe.

if budget would allow, buy something that would play anything the way you would want to hear it given your room size.
im allan - 09178087173

Offline polgas

• Apprentice
  • Audiophile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #182 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 06:48 AM »
Can anyone share their experiences with a Denon 1909 and Paradigm Bookshelf speakers? (Mini Monitor or Titan Monitor) How do they sound to you? Is the Denon 1909 well suited for paradigms or is the Onkyo 606 better?

Offline jpeg

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • I don't care what you think...
  • Liked:
« Reply #183 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 02:54 PM »
Based on my experience, I think the monitor series would match well with warm sounding amps.

Jason
Rega DAC, SVS MBS 01,  Bada DC-222, B&W 705/HTM7, Denon 3300

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 06:26 PM »
Can anyone share their experiences with a Denon 1909 and Paradigm Bookshelf speakers? (Mini Monitor or Titan Monitor) How do they sound to you? Is the Denon 1909 well suited for paradigms or is the Onkyo 606 better?

Well........I maybe wrong but I  think either reveiver will work well with the mini moitor or titan monitor.?????  Check out the exceprt from my home demo 2 years ago.

As you know I am no Audiophile and would be hard pressed to find the vocabulary to compare the  products I am demoing  so please put up with my novice approach. 

Firstly.....a few hic ups today.  Not enough speaker wire in the truck.  They were to bring a spool but they only brought 20 meters when needing 25-30 . ...oh well.....

Unwrap the Onkyo and the black one I ordered turned silver ....no biggy the demo will go on!!!!

Set up the speakers with the Atom as surrounds.  The titan is just a bit too big as I feared with my limited head room and space.  The fronts were the monior 7.

Unwrapped the Denon  receiver and thought it looked great.  Powered it up and the sound was real clean with the few CD's I played..  At 110 watts per channel I  thought this baby was about to blow me out of the water but must say....it did not. ( These are CD's that I and family had listened to many a time for many a year.).  System sounded real good though. Went on to some movie clips to see how the surrounds would work and they did the trick.  Speakers and receiver seemed to go pretty well with each other. Played a live Rock concert on DVD which is crystal clear in respect to quality.   Like the 90 watt Denon I auditioned in the paradigm shop I slowly cranked it up. Was really surprised when the volume indicator stopped moving.     Must also say that on the higher volume the speakers seemed to break up...got  muddy.????.. I was huffing and puffing with what I hoped was Adrenalin.  Unfortunately the Adrenalin was really ....well......dissapointment.     My son looked at me and said....that didn't sound to good there dad. 

Asked myself Why were the monitor 7's  whimpering out?   

Decided to give the Onkyo 803 a try.  As soon as I put on the same DVD at low levels I noticed a major difference in the body and tone of the music.  Raised the volume  higher and higher and as I did the smile on my face  got bigger and bigger. Cranked up the music to about 90% which was louder than the Denon at full volume and had no break up or muddy sound.  Clear as a bell it was. Cranked up the volume to full and it sounded real good.....no distortion at all.  Tossed on the "red hot Chili peppers live at Slain Castle and it was killer.   Wife and kids came right out and said the Onkyo was better for them.  In my opinuion it was also better for me...big time! Very different than the Denon...much more Alive and open....and more powerful to boot.  Proceeded to listen to the same CD's as before of Usher (to test the sub) some rock, and even some pop (Madonna for the wife) and it was all kick Asssss take no prisoners.   

Am happy with the Paradigm speakers and am pleased with the Onkyo.  The combo to "my ears" seems to be the "REAL DEAL"!

So....... I got all my gear from sights n sounds.  They were great in all levels of the demo. 

Hope this helps.   

Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline polgas

• Apprentice
  • Audiophile
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: Jan 24, 2009 at 12:16 AM »
Based on my experience, I think the monitor series would match well with warm sounding amps.

Jason

Thanks. Are Denons considered warm sounding?

Well........I maybe wrong but I  think either reveiver will work well with the mini moitor or titan monitor.?????  Check out the exceprt from my home demo 2 years ago.

As you know I am no Audiophile and would be hard pressed to find the vocabulary to compare the  products I am demoing  so please put up with my novice approach. 

Firstly.....a few hic ups today.  Not enough speaker wire in the truck.  They were to bring a spool but they only brought 20 meters when needing 25-30 . ...oh well.....

Unwrap the Onkyo and the black one I ordered turned silver ....no biggy the demo will go on!!!!

Set up the speakers with the Atom as surrounds.  The titan is just a bit too big as I feared with my limited head room and space.  The fronts were the monior 7.

Unwrapped the Denon  receiver and thought it looked great.  Powered it up and the sound was real clean with the few CD's I played..  At 110 watts per channel I  thought this baby was about to blow me out of the water but must say....it did not. ( These are CD's that I and family had listened to many a time for many a year.).  System sounded real good though. Went on to some movie clips to see how the surrounds would work and they did the trick.  Speakers and receiver seemed to go pretty well with each other. Played a live Rock concert on DVD which is crystal clear in respect to quality.   Like the 90 watt Denon I auditioned in the paradigm shop I slowly cranked it up. Was really surprised when the volume indicator stopped moving.     Must also say that on the higher volume the speakers seemed to break up...got  muddy.????.. I was huffing and puffing with what I hoped was Adrenalin.  Unfortunately the Adrenalin was really ....well......dissapointment.     My son looked at me and said....that didn't sound to good there dad. 

Asked myself Why were the monitor 7's  whimpering out?  

Decided to give the Onkyo 803 a try.  As soon as I put on the same DVD at low levels I noticed a major difference in the body and tone of the music.  Raised the volume  higher and higher and as I did the smile on my face  got bigger and bigger. Cranked up the music to about 90% which was louder than the Denon at full volume and had no break up or muddy sound.  Clear as a bell it was. Cranked up the volume to full and it sounded real good.....no distortion at all.  Tossed on the "red hot Chili peppers live at Slain Castle and it was killer.   Wife and kids came right out and said the Onkyo was better for them.  In my opinuion it was also better for me...big time! Very different than the Denon...much more Alive and open....and more powerful to boot.  Proceeded to listen to the same CD's as before of Usher (to test the sub) some rock, and even some pop (Madonna for the wife) and it was all kick Asssss take no prisoners.   

Am happy with the Paradigm speakers and am pleased with the Onkyo.  The combo to "my ears" seems to be the "REAL DEAL"!

So....... I got all my gear from sights n sounds.  They were great in all levels of the demo. 

Hope this helps.  

Thanks. This is actually one of the first reviews that I got for Paradigms. Very insightful indeed.

Offline tonetagabaler

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #186 on: Feb 05, 2009 at 05:25 PM »
mga speakers guru gandang araw ulit... nagbuo lng ako dati home theater for my sister combi of onkyo & wharfedale.. entry level setup lang.. tnx to sir vic of s&s..

ngayon naman dito ako vancouver... papatulong din isa ko pa kapatid.. pero sabi ko maghanap na lang kami ng 2nd hand na high end speakers para mas okey.. kase me mga nagbebenta din online..

ang tanung ko mga sir anung dapat kong tingnan sa speakers bukod sa kung tumutunog ito.. di naman ako maalam sa mga kung anu pa man.. paradigm na din lang nakita kong option kase bihira nagbebenta ng b&w kase mas uso sa kanila paradigm.. kaya dito na ako nagtanung.. list ko mga offer

here are some of the offers.. 1 CAD$ = P36 pesos

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/ele/1021363255.html
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/ele/1016129801.html
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/ele/1007808386.html

salamat sa mga inputs na matatanggap ko po kung anung dapat check sa mga paradigm speakers o kung me mga problema ba to..

Offline Gwenael

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 03:16 PM »
Mga bro at sis look what i've found, Paradigm Reference Studio Series v.5....ang wawafu!!!

source:http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1061034&page=5

calling paradigm distributor and mga suking tindahan kelan po magiging available 'to dito sa 'pinas?
the prices seems a lot cheaper than v.4, Canadian made pa din kya o China na din like B&W 600s and CM's?
mga magkano kya introductory price nito dito sa atin? marami na naman magkaka SARS dito malamang..hehe

US FMV pricing for individual Paradigm Studio v.5 models is as follows, each:

* Studio 10: $399
    * Studio 20: $599
    * Studio 60: $999
    * Studio 100: $1,499
    * Studio CC-490: $799
    * Studio CC-590 $1,199
    * Studio CC-690: $1,499
    * SUB 12: $1,999
    * SUB 15: $2,799

marantz sr8001; dv6001
aaudio 15" coaxial; surrounds
panasonic 42pv70h
sony ps3
hdpro

Offline ment

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: Feb 24, 2009 at 12:33 AM »
yung atom bro i think is 14k. The next larger one (bookshelf) is at 22k. I have no idea on the floorstanders. :)

any price for the Paradigm Cinema Micro? :)

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: Feb 24, 2009 at 01:07 PM »
I'm not excited with this series...  :-\  :-\  :-\

there's a downsized of other models... ref60 had 7" in previous ver. but here only 5" and reduced in foot print.
2" less in woofer's area makes a big difference, IMHO ::)  ::)  ::) :(

my ver.2 has 6.5" ...  ::)  ::)  ::)
« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2009 at 01:09 PM by audiojunkie »
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline ment

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: Mar 01, 2009 at 11:46 PM »
was able to audition Paradigm Atom Monitor kanina ..... highly recommended kung gusto ninyo medyo matining na speakers. Bang for buck. performs well and comparable sa bigger bookshelf monitor

Offline titopepe

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #191 on: Mar 07, 2009 at 03:44 AM »
sino pwede mag send sakin ng price and list ng model for paradigm?
il check the specs and then ask someone to demo it for me.

thanks! ;D
call me tito... tito pepe!

Offline bekoy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: Mar 07, 2009 at 07:03 AM »
Does anyone knows the price of the 685 theatre package? thanks! :)

Offline keeper

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: Mar 07, 2009 at 04:47 PM »
Does anyone knows the price of the 685 theatre package? thanks! :)

bro, 685 is bowers n wilkins series.  ;) tho, u can try to PM sir E-Reply n Nemesis91 for the prices. hth
ONKYO606.WHARF 10.6,9CM,9DFS,PSW125.TOSH HDA35,XDE500,PCHA200, PANA AX200

Offline alopupuli

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
in wall paradigm ams lcr
« Reply #194 on: Aug 26, 2009 at 10:06 PM »

Offline audiojunkie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: in wall paradigm ams lcr
« Reply #195 on: Aug 26, 2009 at 10:10 PM »
ok ba tong speakers na to any comments?
http://www.paradigm.com/en/paradigm/inwallcustom-ams-amslcr-model-6-8-2-42.paradigm
thanks

i'm long been paradigm speakers owner... as long as you install them according to manufacturer's recommendations... you  can't go wrong with it...  ;D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline bl@zik3n

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 03:59 AM »
Paradigm's New SE Series Speakers

Like the award-winning and ever popular Monitor Series, the SE line will boast Paradigm’s SuperDrive technology, which combines very high efficiency with very high output and ultra-low distortion. This results in top-level performance from the Special Edition line regardless of amplification. The drivers represent a best of breed hybrid mix that includes high frequency drivers from the Paradigm Monitor Series and mineral-filled polypropylene bass/midrange drivers handed down right from the Paradigm Reference Studio Series. Both the SE 1 bookshelf and SE 3 floorstanding boast the benefits of an aluminum midrange including remarkable clarity, superb extended bass response and elimination of unwanted resonance and distortion.

Aesthetically speaking, the Paradigm SE series presents a system with clean lines, soft edges and general design characteristics seamlessly integrated into the home décor. With a reasonable footprint, this collection provides real wood veneer finishes for customers seeking sophisticated appearance at a competitive price.

SE 1 Bookshelf

• Two-driver 2-way bookshelf/stand-mounted
• 5-1/2'' M-ICP mid/bass, 1'' H-PTD dome
• Estimated $299 MSRP

SE 3 Floorstanding

• Four-driver 2-1/2-way floorstanding:
• Two 5-1/2'' carbon-infused polypropylene bass
• 5-1/2'' M-ICP™ mid/bass,1'' H-PTD dome
• Estimated $699 MSRP

SE Center

• Four-driver 3-way center channel
• Two 5-1/2'' carbon-infused polypropylene bass
• 3-1/2'' M-ICP™ midrange, 1'' H-PTD dome
• Estimated $499 MSRP

SE Subwoofer

• Bass Reflex Single Driver Design
• 10 Driver with CAP Carbon / Aramid Fiber Polypropylene Cone
• 900 watts Dynamic Peak / 300 watts RMS Sustained
• Paradigm's Proprietary Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Design
• Comprehensive Range of Input and Control Facilities
• USB Port for use with the critically acclaimed Paradigm Perfect Bass Kit (PBK) Room Correction System
• Estimated $699 MSRP

Offline CeeV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 143
« Reply #197 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 08:48 PM »
As a Paradigm Monitor series owner too...I could vouch for its musicality and all  around performance...The above post is sooo tempting  ::)halos same pricing lang ng Monitor 7 ver6.0 series. As i've post before.. listen to it and if possible dun sa kind of receiver mo. I was almost decided na nun na sa MA Bronze series pero nun macompare ko A & B comparo the rest is history. ;)

Offline Mr.H

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #198 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 09:27 PM »
As a Paradigm Monitor series owner too...I could vouch for its musicality and all  around performance...The above post is sooo tempting  ::)halos same pricing lang ng Monitor 7 ver6.0 series. As i've post before.. listen to it and if possible dun sa kind of receiver mo. I was almost decided na nun na sa MA Bronze series pero nun macompare ko A & B comparo the rest is history. ;)

Amen Bro.CeeV!!!  :D
PMC / SVS PB-12 / Paradigm / Rotel RSX / Vincent CDT/Castle Power LC /Mr.H PowerCords / Emotiva XP-5

Offline fierari

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: Nov 20, 2009 at 05:54 AM »
My Monitor 7 V6 & CC190 powered by denon

sorry for the wiring still waiting for HDMI cables to arrive   ;D

« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2009 at 06:10 AM by fierari »

Offline audiojunkie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #200 on: Nov 20, 2009 at 06:10 AM »
My Monitor 70 V6 & CC190 powered by denon

sorry for the wiring still waiting for HDMI cables to arrive   ;D
[/quote

Congratz! very nice brader...  ;D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline fierari

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #201 on: Nov 20, 2009 at 06:12 AM »
sorry di pala 70 kundi monitor 7 ahihihihi.

salamat

Offline audiojunkie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: Nov 20, 2009 at 06:22 AM »
sorry di pala 70 kundi monitor 7 ahihihihi.

salamat

no worries brader... I'm also proud paradigm owner, medyo old models nga lang (if you check my gallery) but still amaze me with it's SQ ...  ;D  ;D  ;D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline fierari

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: Nov 20, 2009 at 01:56 PM »
no worries brader... I'm also proud paradigm owner, medyo old models nga lang (if you check my gallery) but still amaze me with it's SQ ...  ;D  ;D  ;D

saan gallery mo ser?

kahit na luma yan reference series naman mas malupit

Offline audiojunkie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: Nov 20, 2009 at 03:39 PM »

saan gallery mo ser?

kahit na luma yan reference series naman mas malupit

Dito sir...

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=66494.0
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline bl@zik3n

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: Nov 20, 2009 at 05:31 PM »
@fierari: nice setup! what model is your Denon receiver? :)

OT lang po sir, anong brand/model yung LCD stand niyo for your Sony Bravia LCD?
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2009 at 05:50 PM by bl@zik3n »

Offline fierari

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: Nov 25, 2009 at 01:32 PM »
@fierari: nice setup! what model is your Denon receiver? :)

OT lang po sir, anong brand/model yung LCD stand niyo for your Sony Bravia LCD?

Denon AVR 1910

whalen tatak ng stand http://www.whalenfurniture.com/products/xl1.html

sa costco ko nabili  ;D

Offline fierari

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #207 on: Nov 25, 2009 at 01:44 PM »

Offline lakambini

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • I AM
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #208 on: Nov 25, 2009 at 04:30 PM »
sir fierari,

how much po kuha natin monitor 7 and what store? am contemplating to get this floorstander speakers.

thanks

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #209 on: Nov 25, 2009 at 05:06 PM »
My Monitor 7 V6 & CC190 powered by denon

sorry for the wiring still waiting for HDMI cables to arrive  

:o nice speaker kakainggit ;)
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3