Author Topic: Dynaudio Speakers  (Read 132626 times)

Offline iceman90a

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Dynaudio Speakers
« Reply #150 on: Nov 22, 2005 at 06:54 PM »
was browsing their site and they have a new line of speakers - the Focus... wonder if they have this in the Phils. :)
money is best spent

Offline esquire_90

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: Nov 23, 2005 at 01:53 PM »
was browsing their site and they have a new line of speakers - the Focus... wonder if they have this in the Phils. :)

Yes, LIS has it. The focus line was on display during the Hi-Fi show in Mandarin last Nov. 5-6.

Offline Bogsle

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Bogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: Nov 25, 2005 at 07:47 PM »
Hi there.

I'm on the lookout for new audio listening speakers and one of my choices is the Dyn Audience 52SE.

Some say that Dyns are require adequate power to perform well.

May I ask you comments on the combination of Dyn Audience 52SE and Primare I20 dual mono integrated amp RMS 70watts/channel @ 8ohms, 110watts/channel @ 4ohms?

Thank you very much.

Offline mYKi

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 10:39 AM »
Bogsle,

I'm sure it will sound great with your Primare I20. But, the thing with Dyns, if you keep feeding it with more power, it keeps sounding better.

Check out this thread where a user used the 30 series and likes the synergy of the Dyns with Primare.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=147231

I guess the best way to find out is to try your combination, and then try with a more powerful amp to see if you're missing something.

BTW, my audiophile friend from work heard the 52SE already and he was totally impressed.

Myki

Offline mYKi

• Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 10:47 AM »
Bogsle,

I just saw this review and according to the author, you really must use powerful amps to hear the speed these speakers are capable of:

http://www.stereotimes.com/speak081604.shtm

Good luck with your decision!  :)

Offline wasp

• Apprentice
  • Let Our Colors Bleed
  • Liked:
Dynaudio Speakers
« Reply #155 on: Feb 16, 2006 at 09:54 PM »
any dynaudio lovers here?

Got my new Focus 140 fresh from Hawaii replacing my 2 year old Wharf Crystal 20(ill be using it for my rears). Ill be posting pics soon as masetup ko.

My very basic setup

Yamaha RXV -540
Dynaudio Focus 140 (naka Box pa!)
Wharf Crystal 20
Wharf Crystal 10
Diamong 9 CS
Mordaunt Short 907 Sub

halo-halo na! hehehe

Di ko pa sure kung match sa yamaha ang dynaudio speakers pero oks lang for sure may kunting improvement sa dati kong setup
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2006 at 12:11 AM by wasp »

Offline Lucky7

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: Feb 17, 2006 at 10:41 AM »
wasp,

Congrats I know you will be very happy with your Focus 140. I heard  its little brother, the 110 driven by a Rotel 1062 int. amp and was very impressed. I compared it to B&w705 with the same amp at panalo pa rin ang Dyns.Kaya lang stay muna ako sa Audience series due to wife factor.

Mga Dyns users  please keep on posting. Ganda talaga tumunog ng Dynaudio.....

Offline wasp

• Apprentice
  • Let Our Colors Bleed
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: Feb 17, 2006 at 02:21 PM »
oks na ko sa focus 140 nde ko na cguro maiisipan palitan to hehehe.

ano ba best match na receiver for dynaudio speakers? Cheapest to mid level prices lang sana. Mejo kulang tayo sa budget.

btw im only using nextbase 785 player for video and audio na rin. So marami pang pede i-improve ung focus140.

madami ako gusto itanong pero nde ko pa maisip.

Got this focus 140 as a gift pero mukhang mapapagastos din ako ah  ;D

Offline sillyputty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: Feb 17, 2006 at 05:31 PM »
dyns need power...lots of power. I doubt if any budget receivers can bring the best out of the dyns.

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: Feb 18, 2006 at 01:09 PM »
dyns need power...lots of power. I doubt if any budget receivers can bring the best out of the dyns.

My friend's Yamaha 1300 wasnt able to bring out the best of his dynes. And the 1300 wasnt a budget receiver.

HK635, however, did a good job in making the dynes sing. The key to dynes is, like you said...lots of power.

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 996
« Reply #160 on: Feb 18, 2006 at 11:33 PM »
not only does it need lots of power, it is very revealing of its partnering equipment as well.  your source, pre, interconnects, cables must be of good quality aside from a good clean sounding and powerful amp.  get it right and you've got yourself a fine sounding system.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline wasp

• Apprentice
  • Let Our Colors Bleed
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: Feb 19, 2006 at 09:36 AM »
problema pa pala itong dynes ko   :o

Sa cables/interconnects pede na cguro un ginagamit ko.

Customize Triple-T using belden solid stp cables.

what i need cguro is a powerful avr. any brand/model? para pag-ipunan ko na lang. or abang na lang ako d2 sa pdvd para mas mura!

tiyagain ko na lang muna sa 540 may kunting improvement naman sa dating setup ko.

sa wife aproval ala problem singol pa ako  ;D. Kala ko wala na ako gastos mukhang masasars na rin ako

Offline wasp

• Apprentice
  • Let Our Colors Bleed
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: Feb 19, 2006 at 09:49 AM »
i read the previous posts and Wow :o  high end avr talaga kelangan to drive this speaker.

sabagay this dyns cost $1400 + freight. so justified na i also need $1500 + range of avr's. Panaginip na lang cguro yun. Nahiya na ko magpabili sa kapatid ko hehehe. He's not into this hobby pa naman.

Offline mYKi

• Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: Feb 19, 2006 at 03:53 PM »
Wasp. Kung gusto mo akin na lang ang problema mo. :-) I'm willing to adopt your focus 140. hehehe

Seriously, try to get a 2nd hand powerful reciever. I saw someone post a Marantz 8200 here na mura lang. Check out the HK and NAD receivers as well since I've heard positive things with these combined with Dynaudio. Rotel is a good match as well.

The more power you give Dynaudio, the more it will sing. The better source equipment and cables you use, the better it will sound as well. So kung baga, the sky's the limit.  :-)

Myki

Offline wasp

• Apprentice
  • Let Our Colors Bleed
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: Feb 23, 2006 at 09:35 AM »
help po mga dyns expert kaya ba i drive ng sonic t-amp ang focus 140? yun lang kasi afford kong amp sa ngayon =)

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: Feb 23, 2006 at 03:50 PM »
Wasp: nope

Online jay2

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #166 on: Mar 14, 2006 at 09:04 PM »
Hello dyn fans Im planning to upgrade my current ht setup, would like to ask your opinion about audience 82 + rotel combo? I auditioned the speakers at LIS last weekend gamit nila are plinius gears and (i think very expensive) cd player. A warm and clinical sound. ;)
Also whats the diff in sound between the 72se and 82(sound wise)? Wala stock ng 72se sa store.
My current setup avr is rotel rsx 1055 and planning to buy an rb 1080 for the dynes.

thank you very much 

Offline mYKi

• Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: Mar 15, 2006 at 06:46 AM »
jay2,

I have Audience 52/42/42C paired with Rotel RMB-1075 and the match is wonderful. I use Marantz for my pre-amp and processing. The 72SE has upgraded drivers and is almost like the Contour. I'd go for the 72SE rather than the 82 though especially since you will most probably have a sub-woofer in your HT setup anyway.

Myki

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: May 26, 2006 at 02:14 PM »
Hi guys, I am looking for speaker wires for my friend's Audience 72. Any recommendations, where to buy & around how much are they?

TIA  :)

Offline taggart

• Collector
  • clean out that earwax for optimum sound exp!
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2006 at 01:28 AM »
Jay2: am using Audience42 with Rotel ra02 and they sound great.  from what Myki said and from some of the stuff I've read and heard, Dynes and Rotel are a safe bet.

Matzer: if he has a bright system, he could try vdh from watt-hifi in MCS.

Offline mYKi

• Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: May 30, 2006 at 08:38 AM »
I've heard Audience with Analysis Plus Oval 9 and they were detailed and lively. MCS stores would surely have them. I only use cheap IXOS 6003 but it still works for me.

Myki

Hi guys, I am looking for speaker wires for my friend's Audience 72. Any recommendations, where to buy & around how much are they?

TIA  :)

Offline fong

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: Jun 17, 2006 at 11:39 PM »
Hi Dyna users,

I'm just new to HT and am currently researching on value for money speakers and Receivers.

Currently, I am looking at this combination:

1. HK AVR 235/240 , rated at     50 Watts per channel @ <0.07% THD, 20Hz – 20kHz into 8 ohms
2. Dynaudio Audience 42, rated at 150W at 4 ohms.

Question is, would the power from the HK be enough to bring out the life from the dynaudios? Second, how do you determine the stability of amps sa HT?

I actually have setups for car audio, and you have to match the speaker rated impedance with the amp's stable impedance. But, basing from what i read from the forums, 8 ohm amps can drive 4 ohm speakers. I don't see any documentation for the HK 235 stating the minimum stable impedance..

Hope to get your inputs.

Thanks!

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: Jun 19, 2006 at 10:03 AM »
Hi Dyna users,

I'm just new to HT and am currently researching on value for money speakers and Receivers.

Currently, I am looking at this combination:

1. HK AVR 235/240 , rated at     50 Watts per channel @ <0.07% THD, 20Hz – 20kHz into 8 ohms
2. Dynaudio Audience 42, rated at 150W at 4 ohms.

Question is, would the power from the HK be enough to bring out the life from the dynaudios? Second, how do you determine the stability of amps sa HT?

I actually have setups for car audio, and you have to match the speaker rated impedance with the amp's stable impedance. But, basing from what i read from the forums, 8 ohm amps can drive 4 ohm speakers. I don't see any documentation for the HK 235 stating the minimum stable impedance..

Hope to get your inputs.

Thanks!

Hi fong

HK conservatively rates their AVR's so that 50watt/ch would be about 80 watts/ch in rms.  Now if you mate that with an A42 then expect the HK to pump out in excess of 100watts/ch if the program material warrants it. If you are setting up an HT/music system then  the A42 would be happy with that sort of power and it would be able to fill a small to medium sized room with effects/music (provided that it will be also supported by a center channel, surround and sub). If you have the extra dough to spare I suggest you get the A52. The increase in size of the mid woofer is worth the price increase though the A52's would be better off with MORE power IMHO. Get the Audience 42C center channel, the match is seamless with either the A42 or A52.  Now if music is your priority rather than HT then the Contour or Focus is the way to go.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: Jun 19, 2006 at 10:53 AM »
Hi fong  :). In response to your PM.

I agree with sychro, get A52 but get at least HK335 or higher. My friend used HK635 to power his a72 and I also tested his rarely used a42's with a Yamaha 1300 and it sounded like a transistor radio, (super nipis ng sound). I have auditioned the 235 and it also sounded a bit thin compared to HK's higher models.

In case you want the A42, I can hook you up with my friend, he almost never used his a42 and a42 center as he was planning to use it for su rrounds but used ceiling mounted speakers instead.
« Last Edit: Jun 19, 2006 at 10:54 AM by MAtZTER »

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: Jun 20, 2006 at 12:19 AM »
that the thing with Dynes...due to the size of the voicecoil that the drivers have (3 inches for the 5.25 inch mid/bass unit as compared to 2 inches for some 15 inch subwoofers of othe reputable manufacturers),  it takes a whole lot more amp power to make those voicecoils move in a linear fashion. Powered with wimpy amps then the amp loses all sense of control over the gigantic coils and the sound generated isnt that hi-fi at all.  Another issue with Dynes is that it is very revealing of its partnering equipment. get it wrong in the upper end of the chain and no amount of voodoo would rectify the outcome.  Matz's post is indeed very true..used with amps that doesnt match with the needs of the Dynes then you got yourself a system that is "thin sounding"...a disappointment to your investment (hell...Php39K for entry level little bookshelves is a lot of money these days).  Once you've managed to make those Audience series speakers sound "mataba" (w/ the correct partnering gear, amp power, cables and proper placement) then its a different story altogether...those puny standmounters will be transformed into imaging monsters.

Fong,

get an A52 then power it with 225watts/ch rms....you'd be surprised on how a little bookshelf speaker can sound like a floorstander in scale and granduer (mated with the correct room size of course).
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Voltraizer

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: Jun 20, 2006 at 06:18 AM »
Hi, I own an oldey Dynaudio Audience 60 floorstander . I have a good result with it using an integrated tube amplifier 38wpc wc I bought at  mcs last year. I know it can drive my dyns when I read the review:
(In the review, the amp used a 86db-4ohm bookshelf speaker)
www.6moons.com/audioreviews/onix/onix.html
The statement "tube power is 3X than solid state power" has been the subject of debate among audio-enthusiast, some say "watt is watt is watt" , some say 50 watts tube amp is 2-3X powerful than the same 50
watts  solid state amp. Only by listening and by comparison, you'll be able to verify the claims.
A friend of mine bought the dynaudio  focus 220 floorstander and have a good result using VTL EL-34
tube amp.
  8)
« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2006 at 06:41 AM by Voltes_5 »
technics sl1200ltd gold,,Passlabs X250.5,dynaudio C1, rogue  super99,charisma audio ref1 mc 

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: Jun 20, 2006 at 07:18 AM »
nice amp you have there voltes_5 :)  i demoed that same amp at mcs and if i had the budget that time i would have bought one myself.

Offline joelcc

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: Jul 05, 2006 at 10:24 PM »
Hi, just need to know if Denon 3802 can drive a pair of Dynaudio speakers (let say, Audience 42 or 52)?  Please advise.  Thanks!

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: Jul 13, 2006 at 03:20 PM »
Me & my friend (who owns a dynaudio a72) auditioned an Audeince 72 last night with an EXPOSURE integrated amp. I must say its the best sounding combination I have ever heard, maybe the best I have ever heard.

I was skeptic when I was told about this 70w amp driving dynaudios. But when I auditioned it,  the Exposure amp really surprised me.

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #179 on: Jul 13, 2006 at 04:06 PM »
wow pare a 70watt amp powering an a72 :o eh kaso integrated amp yon, di ba need friend mo power amp? ???