Author Topic: Dynaudio Speakers  (Read 130747 times)

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
Re: Dynaudio Speakers
« Reply #240 on: Jan 24, 2007 at 01:31 PM »
Can't you use a regular integrated amp with the Dyns and use one of the regular inputs for HT ?

qguy- tempted to post the response in 2 other threads in a different forum  ;D

Acquired a Dynaudio Audience 70 from a friend yesterday. W/ a top yamaha receiver, it was boomy in music, di bagay w/ tube pre amp plus Rotel power amp (IMO). Ok naman sya with exposure 2010 (not the 70w 2010S, this one is just 50w!) I borrowed, but harsh at times.

I was thinking of getting a Musical Fidelity A3.5 for its "HT direct" function that lets it become a power amp for HT. Ang mahal nga lang. :-[

Any MF/dyn users? is the combo ok?

Offline iceman90a

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #241 on: Jan 24, 2007 at 01:50 PM »
Can't you use a regular integrated amp with the Dyns and use one of the regular inputs for HT ?

qguy- tempted to post the response in 2 other threads in a different forum  ;D

a bypass switch would make it a lot simpler for wiring. in audio mode, his ht processor will be turned off, only the integ amp will be in operation. in bypass mode - the integ amp's volume and tone controls will not be operational, it will only act as a power amp to pump out the juice for the speakers - all controls will be done by the processor.

Mat - haven't heard the 70's yet but we did pair up Audience 52's with a rotel power amp and tube preamp and the sound was ok. maybe there are other factors involved, room placement perhaps?
money is best spent

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 958
« Reply #242 on: Jan 24, 2007 at 06:35 PM »
iceman's proposed set up is the very ideal since you can use the integrated amp in music and in HT mode as well but there are only quite a few integrateds that have the HT thoughput function (one that disables the integrateds controls whenever it is engaged)....Krell is one but be prepared to shell out mega bucks for a brand new unit.  Another method is to get a very good HT processor that excells in music as well and simply power the Dynes with a good power amp. That is a much simpler route to take.  If im not mistaken the A70's are basically A50's that are in a floorstanding design plus the addition of another woofer.

Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline MAtZTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #243 on: Jan 25, 2007 at 01:35 PM »
Thanks for the advice guys!  :)

a bypass switch would make it a lot simpler for wiring. in audio mode, his ht processor will be turned off, only the integ amp will be in operation. in bypass mode - the integ amp's volume and tone controls will not be operational, it will only act as a power amp to pump out the juice for the speakers - all controls will be done by the processor.

Mat - haven't heard the 70's yet but we did pair up Audience 52's with a rotel power amp and tube preamp and the sound was ok. maybe there are other factors involved, room placement perhaps?

Vince, I switched the IC to Kimber & ok na, nagbagay na. I read in a mag that a budget rotel integrated can drive dyn 60 reasonalby. So I guess ok na muna to for now, less gastos pa, wife giving birth soon so I have to hold back on my purchases. 8)

So from the advice above, this is my (most economical) option:

Tube CDp--->Tube pre-amp--->Yamaha receiver w/ "pure direct" function--->Rotel power amp--->Dyn a70.

Since the pure direct function bypasses the Yamaha, I assume it will utilize the CDP DAC & tube preamp. This way I can still use it for HT. I will experiment on it soon & post my findings.  :)

Offline iceman90a

• DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #244 on: Jan 25, 2007 at 02:19 PM »
Tube CDp--->Tube pre-amp--->Yamaha receiver w/ "pure direct" function--->Rotel power amp--->Dyn a70.

Since the pure direct function bypasses the Yamaha, I assume it will utilize the CDP DAC & tube preamp. This way I can still use it for HT. I will experiment on it soon & post my findings.  :)

if it was me - i'd just take the time to unplug the yamaha and plug in the tube preamp (switch from pure HT to pure audio mode)

then plug in the cdp's digital out to the yamaha (so its still operational without using the tube preamp) during ht mode

just make sure to turn off the rotel everytime
money is best spent

Offline rony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • didyital rules!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #245 on: Jan 25, 2007 at 05:31 PM »
Acquired a Dynaudio Audience 70 from a friend yesterday. W/ a top yamaha receiver, it was boomy in music, di bagay w/ tube pre amp plus Rotel power amp (IMO). Ok naman sya with exposure 2010 (not the 70w 2010S, this one is just 50w!) I borrowed, but harsh at times.

Matt bitin sa muscle yun amp.  ;)

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #246 on: Jan 26, 2007 at 10:27 AM »
I did this yesterday:

The good thing about it is I have access to volume control though the Yamaha remote!  :)

All I can say is Dynes are simply STUNNING!!! Never heard my music like this before! Its like I have a stage of performers in front of me.

Ron: Kaya naman pala ng Rotel w/ the right matching, but I am sure 200w monoblocks will sound heavenly.

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #247 on: Jan 26, 2007 at 10:44 AM »

All I can say is Dynes are simply STUNNING!!! Never heard my music like this before! Its like I have a stage of performers in front of me.

I am sure 200w monoblocks will sound heavenly.

hmmm heavyweight SS or valve amplication na ang kasunod nyan! ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #248 on: Jan 26, 2007 at 11:25 AM »

"audio heaven in 1 (HT & audio) setup", just got text from a reader.

Let me add " hybrid audio heaven in 1 (HT & audio)setup... w/ remote"  ;D

hmmm heavyweight SS or valve amplication na ang kasunod nyan! ;D

A die hard HT enthusiast/cousin is selling his monoblocks, I might check it out (if I can afford it).   ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2007 at 11:28 AM by MAtZTER »

Offline accastil

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
Re:Dynaudio Speakers
« Reply #249 on: Jan 26, 2007 at 07:45 PM »
arnoldc,

You have a good point and will keep me really thinking. Can you pls PM me what speaker(s) youve finally bought and what receiver are you using... just for reference while Im still hunting for budget  ;)
give a listen to paradigm reference studio 20 version 3.. they can be found at sights and sounds shangrila mall...this would make you think twice about buying a dyne :)
im allan - 09178087173

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
Re:Dynaudio Speakers
« Reply #250 on: Jan 26, 2007 at 08:01 PM »
give a listen to paradigm reference studio 20 version 3.. they can be found at sights and sounds shangrila mall...this would make you think twice about buying a dyne :)

Dynaudio thread ito bro  ;)

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #251 on: Jan 29, 2007 at 04:09 PM »
iceman's proposed set up is the very ideal since you can use the integrated amp in music and in HT mode as well but there are only quite a few integrateds that have the HT thoughput function (one that disables the integrateds controls whenever it is engaged)....Krell is one but be prepared to shell out mega bucks for a brand new unit.  Another method is to get a very good HT processor that excells in music as well and simply power the Dynes with a good power amp. That is a much simpler route to take.  If im not mistaken the A70's are basically A50's that are in a floorstanding design plus the addition of another woofer.

Thanks for the advice sir, but I prefer to use the analog connection of the CDp, thereby bypassing the processor. Sayang lang if I go for a more expensive musical processor if I am not going to use their DAC. For now the setup with CDP, tube preamp, Yamaha in PD/bypass mode + Rotel power amp is doing fine.

But seeing the amp you were referring to made me drool.  ;D

KRELL KAV400xi

$2500.00, with throughput button (HT direct).

Class A 200wpc @ 8ohms, 400wpc @ 4 ohms, 1,800w power consumption  :o :o :o

Anyone selling pre-owned at 50% off?  ;D

I wonder how much my electricity bill will shoot up & how warm my room will be with a 400w Class A amp...
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2007 at 04:59 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline Lucky7

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #252 on: Jan 29, 2007 at 10:21 PM »
I would highly recommend the Simaudio I-3 for Dyns.Congrats-another Dyns convert.

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 958
« Reply #253 on: Jan 30, 2007 at 10:22 AM »
Thanks for the advice sir, but I prefer to use the analog connection of the CDp, thereby bypassing the processor. Sayang lang if I go for a more expensive musical processor if I am not going to use their DAC. For now the setup with CDP, tube preamp, Yamaha in PD/bypass mode + Rotel power amp is doing fine.

Listen to it w/o the Yamaha in the chain. im pretty sure you will like the results.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline rony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • didyital rules!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #254 on: Jan 30, 2007 at 11:58 AM »

But seeing the amp you were referring to made me drool.  ;D

KRELL KAV400xi

$2500.00, with throughput button (HT direct).

Class A 200wpc @ 8ohms, 400wpc @ 4 ohms, 1,800w power consumption  :o :o :o

Anyone selling pre-owned at 50% off?  ;D

I wonder how much my electricity bill will shoot up & how warm my room will be with a 400w Class A amp...

Matt with that amp im sure it will make your dyne sing by ten folds. Pero parang iwan naman yun speaker so upgrade ka uli sa c4 para mag match yun amp sa speakers.  :D

\

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #255 on: Jan 30, 2007 at 12:06 PM »
Listen to it w/o the Yamaha in the chain. im pretty sure you will like the results.

Will try that sir  :)

Matt with that amp im sure it will make your dyne sing by ten folds. Pero parang iwan naman yun speaker so upgrade ka uli sa c4 para mag match yun amp sa speakers.  :D

Haha, Dyn C4 + Krell...

Mas mura pa yata bumili muna ako ng bagong Kotse.  :D

Oo nga pala. Sa laki ng C4, kelangan ko din ng bagong bahay para kumaasya yan.
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2007 at 02:21 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline 5Speed

• Collector
  • It's me..
  • Liked:
« Reply #256 on: Jan 30, 2007 at 01:16 PM »
Master Matz.... i-try mo Nad Master series dyan sa Dynes mo.... (bagay na agad yung tunog, Nad Master Series para kay Master Matz...hehehehe)

Nad M15 Surround Sound Pre/Pro
Nad M25 7 Channel Amp...

meron ding bagong player, yung M55

meron na ba dyan sa atin?

medyo ang mahal para sa akin, pero malamang eh tsiken yan sa yo....hehehehe ;D

makapag-ipon nga ng mga dalawang taon...herherherehrher

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #257 on: Jan 30, 2007 at 02:41 PM »
Di bagay sa wallet bro. $6,000 for pre amp & power amp. wow receiver lang muna tayo.  ;D

Bro, punta ako HK by April, balitaan mo ako kung ano maganda bilhin dyan ha. Balita ko marami mura dyan.  ;)

I would highly recommend the Simaudio I-3 for Dyns.Congrats-another Dyns convert.

Thanks. My (subjective) opinion is that my older Missions still excelled more in HT. But in music, the dynes gave a totally new life to all my CD's, even those I dont listen to anymore. These are truly amazing speakers, reminds me of those impressive high end speakers that I auditioned & then avoided (iwas SARS).

« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2007 at 03:48 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline 5Speed

• Collector
  • It's me..
  • Liked:
« Reply #258 on: Jan 30, 2007 at 03:02 PM »
Di bagay sa wallet bro. $6,000 for pre amp & power amp. wow receiver lang muna tayo.  ;D

Bro, punta ako HK by April, balitaan mo ako kung ano maganda bilhin dyan ha. Balita ko marami mura dyan.  ;)

Thanks. My (subjective) opinion is that my older Missions still excelled more in HT. But in music, the dynes gave a totally new life to all my CD's, even those I dont listen to anymore. These are truly amazing speakers, reminds me of those impressive high end speakers that I auditioned & then avoid (iwas SARS).

oo bah.....pero tapos na ang mga big sale at that time.....ngayong chinese new year ang maraming sale eh... (mid Feb.)

wala ka na yatang kulang na gears ser.....ano pa ba kulang mo?

sana wala ako sa overseas assignment pagpunta mo dito master matz.... para eb tayo.....:)

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #259 on: Jan 30, 2007 at 03:25 PM »
Walang nang kulang? mayroon bang ganun sa hobby natin?  :D

Maybe by April 10k na lang hi def players dyan, or malay mo may murang Dyn center (para di OT ;D)...

Hopefully we could meet, samahan mo ako sa HiFi shops dyan. Dati kasi I only go to computer & electronics shops when I wasnt into the hobby yet. Exciting... 8)

Pag di ka pwede paturo na lang kung saan pupunta.  ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2007 at 03:25 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline 5Speed

• Collector
  • It's me..
  • Liked:
« Reply #260 on: Jan 30, 2007 at 04:33 PM »
Walang nang kulang? mayroon bang ganun sa hobby natin?  :D

Maybe by April 10k na lang hi def players dyan, or malay mo may murang Dyn center (para di OT ;D)...

Hopefully we could meet, samahan mo ako sa HiFi shops dyan. Dati kasi I only go to computer & electronics shops when I wasnt into the hobby yet. Exciting... 8)

Pag di ka pwede paturo na lang kung saan pupunta.  ;)

no problem bro.... basta andito ako at wala kaming bisita (client) eh baka masamahan kita....hehehehe

HD DVD player pala wala ka pa non....herherherher

kung mga SaCD/CD players....... meron ding mga mainstream na brand, marantz, cambridge audio, denons etc, .....(di ako tumitingin nung mga high-end at naglalaway lang ako hehehehe)

tapos samahan kita sa HMV para makapamakyaw ka ng mga DVD's.....

and para di OT....meron akong nakitang Dyns na center dito....pati na rin Dynes na Sub....:)

Offline ganicru

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #261 on: Mar 19, 2007 at 03:53 PM »
Got a mint used pair of audience 42, hooked it up with Cayin MT35 and Cayin CDT15A. Has a specific character unique with the audience comparing with my Epos M12.2 (same set up). Am now going confused which set of speakers to let go (for sale). The audience 42 or the Epos M12.2. I'm torn between two sets of speakers with 1 set of tube amp and tube CD player.  Help! Any offer I cannot refuse?  09209609550
Panasonic PV70
Bose acoustimass 7, vcs10, mdl100x3
Velodyne CHT 8R
Kenwood KRF X9090D
Sony BDP S

Offline iceman90a

• DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #262 on: Mar 19, 2007 at 07:53 PM »
that's a hard situation to be in... happened to me before. just buy another amp and cd player ;D
money is best spent

Offline Assassin101

• Collector
  • chill
  • Liked:
« Reply #263 on: Mar 20, 2007 at 11:13 AM »
Got a mint used pair of audience 42, hooked it up with Cayin MT35 and Cayin CDT15A. Has a specific character unique with the audience comparing with my Epos M12.2 (same set up). Am now going confused which set of speakers to let go (for sale). The audience 42 or the Epos M12.2. I'm torn between two sets of speakers with 1 set of tube amp and tube CD player.  Help! Any offer I cannot refuse?  09209609550

pwede rin benta nyo na lang sakin yan audience 42 mo. kita ko nga yan form the other forum eh. if only ngayon yan available baka kinuha ko na yan ;D ;D ;D

Offline ganicru

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #264 on: May 24, 2007 at 10:43 AM »
With the heavy heart, I'm letting go of my Dynaudio Audience 42 (pls. check my other thread  for sale). If I could only afford to build a second set-up. Any body interested? Unit is now displayed at Watt HiFi, MCS, Makati. Grab nyo na ito, baka tumaas pa ang presyo ng Watt HiFi.
Panasonic PV70
Bose acoustimass 7, vcs10, mdl100x3
Velodyne CHT 8R
Kenwood KRF X9090D
Sony BDP S

Offline The Analog Source

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #265 on: Aug 14, 2007 at 08:22 PM »
greetings everyone!!! just registered today and this thread immediately caught my attention.

I have 2 dyna's - audience 5 and audience 8
used to drive them (not simultaneously) with a pioneer vsx-633. just bought a second hand NAD304 which is now driving the 5.  ok naman dun sa 633 coz i always listen in the middle of the night so mga 1/3 lang ang volume. pero sarap talaga pakinggan lalo na mga vocals like joni james, perro como, belafonte etc. I also listen to symphony orchestras and ang lalim at lawak ng soundstage. As with the NAD, have not yet listen to it much.

Anyway, i have been backreading this thread and found out that most would recommend a CLASSE or a NAD to drive the Dyna's.  Heard already a DYNA/CLASSE combi about 10 years ago and until now dko pa makalimutan ang tunog.  Passed by SM and saw an HK stereo only integrated amp (HK904?) that isspecified to drive 4ohms speakers.  What's your take on this?

Can you also direct me where to find second hand Classe's and NAD? Does Listening Room still carry this brand?   What about other amps that's cheaper than Classe, any reco?  Also saw a NAD 2400 for sale, ok ba un with the Dyna's? Thanks in advance.  Sorrrrry ha dami question. na-excited lang.  :)

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #266 on: Aug 14, 2007 at 08:29 PM »
habol pa.....

have you tried driving your dyna's with vintage amps circa early 80's or late 70's. anong labas?

i have a luxman... takot ako ikabit sa dyna baka  either one ang masunog  ???

Offline docsialu

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • with no power, comes no responsibility
  • Liked:
« Reply #267 on: Aug 14, 2007 at 08:36 PM »
Hi halls, welcome, give audioworld banawe 7327716 a call, look for joey or jason, they have NAD products and they are the authorized service center as well, enjoy!!!

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #268 on: Aug 14, 2007 at 08:38 PM »
Hi halls, welcome, give audioworld banawe 7327716 a call, look for joey or jason, they have NAD products and they are the authorized service center as well, enjoy!!!

will do.  thanks sir for your immediate reply.  :)

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #269 on: Aug 14, 2007 at 08:58 PM »
greetings everyone!!! just registered today and this thread immediately caught my attention.

I have 2 dyna's - audience 5 and audience 8
used to drive them (not simultaneously) with a pioneer vsx-633. just bought a second hand NAD304 which is now driving the 5.  ok naman dun sa 633 coz i always listen in the middle of the night so mga 1/3 lang ang volume. pero sarap talaga pakinggan lalo na mga vocals like joni james, perro como, belafonte etc. I also listen to symphony orchestras and ang lalim at lawak ng soundstage. As with the NAD, have not yet listen to it much.

Anyway, i have been backreading this thread and found out that most would recommend a CLASSE or a NAD to drive the Dyna's.  Heard already a DYNA/CLASSE combi about 10 years ago and until now dko pa makalimutan ang tunog.  Passed by SM and saw an HK stereo only integrated amp (HK904?) that isspecified to drive 4ohms speakers.  What's your take on this?

Can you also direct me where to find second hand Classe's and NAD? Does Listening Room still carry this brand?   What about other amps that's cheaper than Classe, any reco?  Also saw a NAD 2400 for sale, ok ba un with the Dyna's? Thanks in advance.  Sorrrrry ha dami question. na-excited lang.  :)

Heard a friends dyns audience 70 being driven by a BADA INTEGRATED AMP,and I can say WOW kayang kaya pAKANTAHIN :o At fraction of the cost ;) Also heard exposure-dyn combo and its nice also kaya lang medyo pricey na :)