Author Topic: DVD-R naghahang pagplay sa dvd player..  (Read 1787 times)

Offline snapy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
DVD-R naghahang pagplay sa dvd player..
« on: Sep 18, 2006 at 07:55 AM »
mga tsiong.. anong solution dito?
dvd-r ba may problema.. or dvd writer ko..
LG dvd writer ko

vinerify ko sa dvd writer ok naman at successfull..
gumagana naman sa DVD player.. pag dating sa gitna naghahang..

is it the dvd-r ung problem or recorder? ???

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: DVD-R naghahang pagplay sa dvd player..
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2006 at 10:39 AM »
does it play alright on the DVD-ROM? ... if it does, it might possibly be a media/dvd player issue din.
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2006 at 10:47 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline snapy

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2006 at 02:21 PM »
does it play alright on the DVD-ROM? ... if it does, it might possibly be a media/dvd player issue din.

oo verified ok ung media sa dvdrom..

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2006 at 05:47 PM »
i guess the only recourse now is to try it at a different player.  ;)

Offline snapy

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 09:00 AM »
i guess the only recourse now is to try it at a different player.  ;)

ndi ba yan sa dvd-r? natural di yan sa dvd writer..

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 02:41 PM »
not always... a player's lens may become picky over time (hence, the need to calibrate it after a while ... a "well-used" player will need calibration sooner than a "moderately used" one... but these days dvd players are so inexpensive, most service centers will encourage you to buy a new player rather than having your old unit serviced.)

or the media is fine but the player is not "compatible" with it (this is especially true if the player is somewhat old). kung sa totoong pressed dvd nga may player na incompatible ... sa dvd-r pa kaya. ;) normally kasi, DVD-ROMs make better readers than commercial dvd players. the only solution here is to try another media and see how that works with your dvd player.

another possible scenario is corrupt data. the writing might be fine, but the data itself is in a format that causes the dvd player to hang. verifying the disc only checks for "write errors" but not the data itself. if this is an avi file encoded in an MPEG4 format or perhaps a "re-encoded" dvd-video, this is an additional factor you might consider. (a good example are the OGG encoded avi files that causes some standalone divx players to "hang".)

that's why i encouraged you to actually "play" the portion in your PC's DVD-ROM, if the portion where it hangs plays in your PC... then the culprit is probably the standalone player itself.
« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2006 at 02:48 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline snapy

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 10:42 PM »
not always... a player's lens may become picky over time (hence, the need to calibrate it after a while ... a "well-used" player will need calibration sooner than a "moderately used" one... but these days dvd players are so inexpensive, most service centers will encourage you to buy a new player rather than having your old unit serviced.)

or the media is fine but the player is not "compatible" with it (this is especially true if the player is somewhat old). kung sa totoong pressed dvd nga may player na incompatible ... sa dvd-r pa kaya. ;) normally kasi, DVD-ROMs make better readers than commercial dvd players. the only solution here is to try another media and see how that works with your dvd player.

another possible scenario is corrupt data. the writing might be fine, but the data itself is in a format that causes the dvd player to hang. verifying the disc only checks for "write errors" but not the data itself. if this is an avi file encoded in an MPEG4 format or perhaps a "re-encoded" dvd-video, this is an additional factor you might consider. (a good example are the OGG encoded avi files that causes some standalone divx players to "hang".)

that's why i encouraged you to actually "play" the portion in your PC's DVD-ROM, if the portion where it hangs plays in your PC... then the culprit is probably the standalone player itself.

well yes tama ka doon ang ginawa ko lang dito is gumamit me ng mpg2 sa tv tuner since nagransfer me ng vhs to dvd..
den dvd author. un lang ginawa ko..