Author Topic: NEXTBASE DVD  (Read 247059 times)

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
Re:NEXTBASE DVD
« Reply #1500 on: Dec 08, 2003 at 12:32 AM »
Rongxin is amplified/powered 5.1 speaker system

Problem lang nya, maiksi masyado yung wires ng speakers.  

Offline bestbuy88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1501 on: Dec 08, 2003 at 08:10 AM »

Bestbuy,

What is the nextbase 990? I saw it at Nintendo selling for 3,400. Is this a fake model?

levi

Nextbase 990?? this is the first time i have heard of that model number.

what i know of from nextbase are:

1. dvd9000 bulky first generation
2.dvd9000/305-315 slim type second generation
3. dvd-783 third generation

i have heard dvd785 which came out at the same time as the 783, nag-iba lang sa posiiton and presentation ng timer. yes, mas magara ang hitsura ng 785, pero, mas funky rin in a way therefore in the long run baka mas madaling malaos ang hitsura nito, kasi faddish.

then there are the portable dvds like mdv-4 and mdv-1, plus the tablet type.

but none carried the 990.

i wonder what that is.....

sincerely,

bestbuy88

Offline phantom

• Collector
  • Be a Leader, Be a Friend, Be of Service
  • Liked:
« Reply #1502 on: Dec 09, 2003 at 01:46 AM »
was over at Metropolis alabang at napadaan ako sa Nintendo. they had this nextbase na nakalagay na model e DVD-9900? ::)  has anybody seen those? yun yung unit na nakademo sa display nila and i was able to tinker with it a little. splash screen nya e Nextbase and when you examine the unit nakalagay HCDC at THX logo aside from the usual DD and MP3 logos. tinanong ko yung isang staff ng nintendo kung may VGA out na and it seems that the guy seems to know nothin bout the product and asked another staff. sbi may VGA out daw.

wasn't able to examine the back side of the player to check kung may warranty seal and to confirm kung NB nga kse dami nakapatong na ibang brand includin the 315 ng NB.

anyways, correct me if im wrong pero i think this is one of those "fake" nextbase units thats been goin around.

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #1503 on: Dec 09, 2003 at 09:07 AM »

Bestbuy,

What is the nextbase 990? I saw it at Nintendo selling for 3,400. Is this a fake model?

levi

Nextbase 990?? this is the first time i have heard of that model number.

what i know of from nextbase are:

1. dvd9000 bulky first generation
2.dvd9000/305-315 slim type second generation
3. dvd-783 third generation

i have heard dvd785 which came out at the same time as the 783, nag-iba lang sa posiiton and presentation ng timer. yes, mas magara ang hitsura ng 785, pero, mas funky rin in a way therefore in the long run baka mas madaling malaos ang hitsura nito, kasi faddish.

then there are the portable dvds like mdv-4 and mdv-1, plus the tablet type.

but none carried the 990.

i wonder what that is.....

sincerely,

bestbuy88

hi levi, bestbuy88!

went to nintendo and checked the nextbase NB-9900...the sales assistant was kind enough to let "tinker" with the unit...noticed na parang natatanggal talaga yung nextbase logo (similar to those VCD players na pwedeng palitan ng brand)...checked the back...yung demo unit walang sticker...i didn't check the other units anymore...medyo natakot ako...so i decided na lang to check the nextbase 785...great looks...

as for the nb-9900 being the "fake" nextbase, i really do not know...i'll try to check it again...thanks!  8)
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline ah_uy

• Apprentice
  • HT Fever
  • Liked:
« Reply #1504 on: Dec 12, 2003 at 12:20 AM »
saw the actual 783 unit, the finish of the chrome plated  tray and push button looks very "Plastic". The workmanship of Skyworth is much better.

Offline vendvd

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1505 on: Dec 12, 2003 at 03:40 AM »
I would like to confirm that there is no such DVD player-animal called the Nextbase 9900.   In other words, PEKENG NB unit yan (Techpoint will verify this).
Don't be fooled just because it has an NB logo.

Offline bestbuy88

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1506 on: Dec 12, 2003 at 06:44 AM »
ah_uy,

i agree that the disc tray of NB-783 made of clear and thin plastic is not a very good design in my opinion. parang madaling masira. they should have retained the bulkier black plastic tray used in their previous nextbase dvd-9000 series.

skyworth dvd2650 is nice, using the regular black plastic tray. but i think the skyworth dvd-3250 employs the same clear slim plastic like the NB-783. so better be careful.

i also prefer that the logo/brand plate of the player be soemthing like a piece of metal glued to the chasis rather than the current nextbase 783 which is just printed over the mirror like faceplate. hindi masyadong calassy pag ganyan eh. hhhehehehee...

sincerely,

bestbuy88

Offline ah_uy

• Apprentice
  • HT Fever
  • Liked:
« Reply #1507 on: Dec 12, 2003 at 12:21 PM »
Agree, I don't like the the clear and thin disc tray too. The 2650 logo is much more classy than 3250 and 783.

Someone at Watson not recommend the 783 model, he said that it stops frequently while playing, he prefer Skyworth.

Since Skyworth and Nextbase are coming from same distributor, the winner is still Techpoint.  :D

Offline trox

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1508 on: Dec 17, 2003 at 08:29 PM »
been 5 days since the last post... nagbakasyon na yata ang mga users ng nextbase... hehehe

question, days or weeks from now, bibili ulit ako ng DVD player. ok pa bang bumili ng nextbase ngayon? yung newer models?  or san kaya may nagbebenta pa ng DVD9000-315 models?

Offline bestbuy88

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1509 on: Dec 18, 2003 at 05:38 AM »
read skyworth thread. it is giving nextbase quite a stiff competition, varying only upon your intended set-up at home, whether using the tv speakers only or home theater 5.1 speakers.

bestbuy88

Offline wlprijoles

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1510 on: Dec 18, 2003 at 10:31 AM »
Pare i just bought Nb portable sa may raon noong sept 10,2003,ngayon medyo ayaw magbasa ng kahit anong cd/dvd why is that? and i mail the warranty card pero wala silang natangap is it possible they can repair my player with just my original receipt and the half of the card?The player keeps on running khit walang Cd/dvd.Could anyone help me get  out of this ???thnks Bro's

Offline redline

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1511 on: Dec 19, 2003 at 07:21 AM »
in principle as long as you have the receipt they should repair the unit. :)

Offline bestbuy88

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1512 on: Dec 21, 2003 at 04:30 PM »
hi,

december 21, just came home from greenhills.

oberserved that tiangge stalls ccarry a lot of nextbase 783.

also saw a box of nextbase dvd9000 that is not the same as the first generation nextbase dvd9000 that i have. i also saw this unit in quiapo church mall. sells for 3,800pesos. i do not have any idea if this is a real nextbase origianl equipment, or a fake one. but the box seems convingcingly real.

iyon lang.

sincerely,
bestbuy88

Offline creschl

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1513 on: Dec 21, 2003 at 09:39 PM »
Hi!
     I'm a newbie here. I have a problem with my dvd player. It's an s400 bought 3 months ago. I'm having a hard time playing dvd discs. unlike before that it automatically plays dvds. I have to do lots of things now just to play a dvd. It says that there is no disc in the tray, then i would open the tray and close it again a couple of times before it plays. I appreciate it if anyone can help me. Tnx

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #1514 on: Dec 22, 2003 at 08:59 AM »
creschl-  I also had problems with my S400.  Maybe this is one of their lemons.  Never get to use it again :-\.  

Try to have it fixed or replaced from where you bought it.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1515 on: Dec 25, 2003 at 01:36 AM »
AAAARGH! this is turning out to be a sad christmas... my nextbase dvd-9000-slim's remote suddenly stopped working! i don't understand why... two days ago lang ok pa sya. and with the 25 being a holiday... matagal ko pa madadala sa watson's! nakaka-iyak! :'(

bought the unit only last oct. 7... i hope i don't have any trouble getting a replacement. wala pang 3 months eh.  :-\

Offline phantom

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1516 on: Dec 25, 2003 at 08:56 PM »
AAAARGH! this is turning out to be a sad christmas... my nextbase dvd-9000-slim's remote suddenly stopped working! i don't understand why... two days ago lang ok pa sya. and with the 25 being a holiday... matagal ko pa madadala sa watson's! nakaka-iyak! :'(

bought the unit only last oct. 7... i hope i don't have any trouble getting a replacement. wala pang 3 months eh.  :-\

kung marunong ka magbutingting buksan mo yang remote mo and replace the orange thing that u'll find inside (dunno what its called e ;D). or kung meron kang lumang remote na nde na ginagamit kalasin mo un at kunin mo yung orange colored part para replacement dun sa nasa nextbase remote mo. one more note - make sure nga pala na pareho sila ng markings. :D

just my half cent. 8)
« Last Edit: Dec 25, 2003 at 08:57 PM by phantom »

Offline trox

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1517 on: Dec 26, 2003 at 03:47 AM »
hi,

december 21, just came home from greenhills.

oberserved that tiangge stalls ccarry a lot of nextbase 783.

also saw a box of nextbase dvd9000 that is not the same as the first generation nextbase dvd9000 that i have. i also saw this unit in quiapo church mall. sells for 3,800pesos. i do not have any idea if this is a real nextbase origianl equipment, or a fake one. but the box seems convingcingly real.

iyon lang.

sincerely,
bestbuy88

Yeah, I saw one too sa Nintendo Glorietta makati.  Nextbase 9000 nakalagay sa harap at yung logo kapareho ng nb slim ko. the odd thing is makapal sya about twice the height of my nb slim.  

can anyone confirm that this is indeed a "tutut" Nextbase?

Offline obey

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1518 on: Dec 26, 2003 at 11:53 AM »
Also saw that Nextbase model at Listening Room Megamall.  It looks very different from the previous DVD-9000.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1519 on: Dec 26, 2003 at 12:08 PM »
kung marunong ka magbutingting buksan mo yang remote mo and replace the orange thing that u'll find inside (dunno what its called e ;D). or kung meron kang lumang remote na nde na ginagamit kalasin mo un at kunin mo yung orange colored part para replacement dun sa nasa nextbase remote mo. one more note - make sure nga pala na pareho sila ng markings. :D

just my half cent. 8)

does this involve soldering? super mahina ako dun eh... in any case, i'll take my chances with the store muna. sayang eh... under warranty pa naman. if i have already explored all my options and wala pa rin ... maybe i'll give this a try. thanks for the tip!  ;D

Offline p@rekuy

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Collector
  • mind over matter...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1520 on: Dec 26, 2003 at 04:36 PM »
does this involve soldering? super mahina ako dun eh... in any case, i'll take my chances with the store muna. sayang eh... under warranty pa naman. if i have already explored all my options and wala pa rin ... maybe i'll give this a try. thanks for the tip!  ;D

The orange thing inside the remote is called Crystal in an electronic term, and yes if you have to replace it, it must have the same markings (numbers, etc..)

But, why not return it first if it's still under warranty? After then kung hindi mapalitan bring the remote of your DVD player to a local Electronic Repair Store/Shop in Raon to have it fixed.

But be carefull to whom you are going to have it fixed bka maloko ka dyan sa Raon...

For the meantime try to return it first from where you had bought you're player together with it's remote to have it replaced with a working one.

Good Luck na lang bro!
SONY • MARANTZ • NAKAMICHI • B&W

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1521 on: Dec 26, 2003 at 07:12 PM »
i just got back from watson's... it WAS indeed the remote that had a problem. (i brought the whole unit just in case it wasn't the remote that was problem.)

they were so nice about it... the bad thing is wala na silang stock nung dvd-9000 slim. so they lent me a banged-up (but functional) service remote while they had my remote repaired at the service center... i'm keeping my fingers crossed that i'll still get my old remote back... this one they lent me is rrreeeallly (as the guy who helped me out put it:) "gastado".  ::)

i was told to come/call back after the holidays... i'm keeping my fingers crossed. :-X

thanks for all the help...
 ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2003 at 07:13 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline phantom

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1522 on: Dec 27, 2003 at 12:36 AM »
SPaCeMaN SPiFF,

very accomodating talaga mga tao sa Watson's. :D

hoping na makuha mo din ulit yung exact same remote mo. :D

Happy Holidays!

Offline bestbuy88

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1523 on: Jan 04, 2004 at 08:52 AM »
hi,

I saw the Nextbase DVD-9000 silver aluminum BULKY version kahapon in quiapo. This is what i can say:

1. At the back, it only has S-video, yellow video out jack, RGB video jacks, Two Left, Two Right Audio jacks, optical out jack and one more coaxial video out jack yata (sorry i forgot). IN SHORT, WALA PO ITONG SURROUND HOME THEATER SPEAKER AUDIO JACKS AT ALL.

2. Multi volt siya 110/20volts.

3. Made in China but no specific address like those in previous Nextbase modles (shenzhen china).

4. It carries TECHPOINT ENTERPRISES WARRANTY SEAL.

That is all I can share for the moment. The price pegged when I asked was 3,600pesos pero di ako tumatawad pa; i was merely asking.

The interface of this unit is similar to the Nextbase DVD9000 slim. It is the Nextbase logo appearing in a orange-y colored wallpaper.

I cannot assess the performance since I do not own one. I just shared this information to you because if there is an OBVIOUS difference of this bulky DVD9000 from the previous Nextbases, it is the ABSENCE OF SURROUND SPEAKER AUDIO JACKS.

sincerely,

bestbuy88 wishing everyone a happy new year.

Offline cyborjs

• Apprentice
  • what's up duck!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1524 on: Jan 06, 2004 at 03:39 PM »
bestbuy,

me tel. # ka ba ng watson or the supplier TECHPOINT kasi gusto ko magbenta din ng NEXTBASE DVD PLAYER, me pwesto kasi kami dito sa LUCENA CITY

or ANY ONE OF YOU WHO KNOWS THE TEL# OF THE SUPPLIER OF NEXTBASE (TECHPOINT) ::) :D :o

Offline f1_smiley

• Apprentice
  • slow in, fast out
  • Liked:
« Reply #1525 on: Jan 06, 2004 at 03:46 PM »
bro... did a "search" and here's what i found...

Techpoint Enterprise
Rm. 1622 Tytana Plaza Bldg.
611 Oriente st., Binondo Manila
Tel: 245-64-95
Fax: 245-69-71

Offline cyborjs

• Apprentice
  • what's up duck!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1526 on: Jan 07, 2004 at 07:52 AM »
f1 smiley,

thanks for the info,  :D ;D 8) :) ;)

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1527 on: Jan 07, 2004 at 09:23 AM »
I burned MP3s on a DVD+RW, and viola, the Nextbase 783 was able to read and play it. 4.4Gb of MP3 is a disc!!!! Just FYI.

Offline johndoe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1528 on: Jan 07, 2004 at 09:50 AM »
wow! ;D pwede din cguro jpegs n 4+gb :o

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked: