Author Topic: Superman: The Ultimate Collection R3  (Read 70327 times)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Superman: The Ultimate Collection R3 (13 Disc Set)
« Reply #180 on: Sep 16, 2008 at 02:53 PM »

Warner Philippines has been informed about the issue, and they've elevated it to the regional level. It's a bad batch that apparently affected not only the Philippines.

They're waiting for word from Regional, and we'll keep you posted about developments on this.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2008 at 02:56 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #181 on: Sep 16, 2008 at 06:07 PM »
Thank You.....hopefully we'll have a favorable response :)

Offline ob120485

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • A Sith Lord w/ Elder Wand, One Ring & Walther PPK.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #182 on: Sep 16, 2008 at 06:28 PM »
Thanks! Mr. Hankey!  :D

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #183 on: Sep 16, 2008 at 06:33 PM »
Yup, thanks Mr. Hankey for posting that update. I spoke with the Sales Manager of Warner earlier and he'll get back to us as soon as they've identified a course of action. I wouldn't worry - Warner's normally a boy scout when it comes to issues like this.

I checked my copy as well and same defect. Contaminated raw materials maybe?
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2008 at 01:47 PM by firewired »
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2399
« Reply #184 on: Sep 16, 2008 at 07:04 PM »
I haven't checked mine. Paano if I don't have the receipt na, Man I haven't watched this set yet. Thats a problem being a dvd addict ;D. Buy and buy kasi eh ;D.. I bought this at launch ;D

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #185 on: Sep 16, 2008 at 07:13 PM »
Great Scott!!!!  Mine too!!!!!!

Offline juanch

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #186 on: Sep 16, 2008 at 11:21 PM »
Wowweee!!!!! :o

Was very close to purchasing this set during the last sale
Does Warner have an estimate of how many are affected?

Man! I'll be watching this thread closely for updates as I'm really planning to get this set soon.

Thanks Mr. Hankey & firewired  ;)
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2008 at 11:25 PM by juancho »

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: Sep 16, 2008 at 11:32 PM »
Just checked my copy and yes, those swirls of DVD death are there. Thanks Mr. Hankey for the notification. I hope Warner comes up with a free solution for this. Also, my tin case has developed rust in the the edges. But I can live with that for now.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: Sep 17, 2008 at 12:37 AM »
Man I haven't watched this set yet.

I have a question: have any of us who bought this set at launch actually watched it already, or did we all just buy it "to collect and view later"?

I know I haven't watched mine, either. I just scanned to the "additional scenes" indicated on the chapter list.  ;D

Offline blued888

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: Sep 17, 2008 at 12:52 AM »
Napabukas ata lahat ng bumili kahit di pa balak panuorin. ;D

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: Sep 17, 2008 at 01:45 AM »
I have a question: have any of us who bought this set at launch actually watched it already, or did we all just buy it "to collect and view later"?

I know I haven't watched mine, either. I just scanned to the "additional scenes" indicated on the chapter list.  ;D

Me. I think I watched it a few weeks after I bought the set at launch. It was flawless, of course.

Just wondering, is the first Superman movie included in the tin case the same (feature-wise and disc art-wise) as the individually sold Deluxe Edition?

Offline duncanfranchise

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • Collector
  • Don't think you are; know you are.
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: Sep 17, 2008 at 02:28 AM »

I haven't watched mine either.  I think my "Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut" disc is slightly affected, too.

Offline amethyst_arr

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: Sep 17, 2008 at 06:27 AM »
Warner Philippines has been informed about the issue, and they've elevated it to the regional level. It's a bad batch that apparently affected not only the Philippines.

They're waiting for word from Regional, and we'll keep you posted about developments on this.

Thank you.

hi sir! yung Ultimate edition lang daw ba affected or pati yung individual titles like the 4-Disc Superman, 2-Disc Superman 2 and 2-Disc Superman Returns? Thanks.

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: Sep 17, 2008 at 09:07 AM »
Looks like a manufacturing batch defect imho. The damage seems to be fairly consistent across all the samples. It's not just the clouding/ghosting, the disc surface itself has become rough, almost as if the plastic has melted.

The other discs in my set are fine so hopefully this is just limited to Disc 1 of the UE. I thought I saw some rot on the Superman IV disc but realized it was smudged prints. Not that real rot would've surprised me considering that this is such a terrible film. ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2008 at 09:08 AM by firewired »

Offline Compaq

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: Sep 22, 2008 at 03:27 PM »
Another owner of the set here... only watched Superman Returns. The rest of the discs were in their trays until I saw the postings here... so, let's wait and see.

Still, Cheers!!!
Compaq

Offline ESi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: Sep 22, 2008 at 04:11 PM »
Another owner of the set here... only watched Superman Returns. The rest of the discs were in their trays until I saw the postings here... so, let's wait and see.

Still, Cheers!!!
Compaq

ditto,

just opened to check and lo and behold...same grizzly bear clawed disc!!! >:(
Ars longa, Vita Brevis, Judicium dificile

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: Sep 23, 2008 at 12:48 PM »
Announcement

For those who purchased the Superman UCE R3 in January 2008 or later (including one of the recent sales), kindly have your Disc 1 replaced via the outlet that you purchased the item from. Warner is coordinating with the different retailers.

If you purchased your set prior to January 2008, PLEASE SEND ME A PM so we can do a headcount. There's a cutoff for replacements so it's urgent that we submit this soon.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2008 at 12:49 PM by firewired »

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: Sep 23, 2008 at 12:57 PM »
Sent you a PM, firewired.

Thanks for the good news and the asssistance!

Offline ESi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Dave,

Sent you a PM. Two Thumbs Up to your persistence on this matter. Kudos to Warner.
Ars longa, Vita Brevis, Judicium dificile

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Got all your PMs. For those who've misplaced your receipts, I don't think it'll be an issue especially if you're a regular customer in that particular branch.

I'm also verifying with Warner on the replacement process/timing so none of us waste a trip to the store.
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2008 at 04:30 PM by firewired »

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
I hope the replacement won't be in the store where you bought it because mine was bought in Astro Glorietta and we all know what happened to that place.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #201 on: Sep 23, 2008 at 05:52 PM »
There's a cutoff for replacements so it's urgent that we submit this soon.

A cutoff?

Now that's a foul move from Warner. What about the majority of people who bought this set, those who DO NOT browse PinoyDVD? I'm sure those who bought this that are active here are in the minority among the Philippine consumers that bought this title. These poor people have the set on their shelves, without any idea that something's wrong.

Unless they take out ads in newspapers announcing the recall, or post notices in all Astro/Odyssey/Music One branches about this production error, they have no business naming a cutoff date. It's their error, they should fix it for everyone affected whenever these consumers discover this problem, not just for the lucky few who go to PinoyDVD.
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2008 at 05:56 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Stoned Wall

• Collector
  • D is for DVD, that's good enough for me!
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: Sep 23, 2008 at 06:08 PM »
Announcement

For those who purchased the Superman UCE R3 in January 2008 or later (including one of the recent sales), kindly have your Disc 1 replaced via the outlet that you purchased the item from. Warner is coordinating with the different retailers.

If you purchased your set prior to January 2008, PLEASE SEND ME A PM so we can do a headcount. There's a cutoff for replacements so it's urgent that we submit this soon.

Thanks.

Great Scott!!! This made me jump off lurk mode.  >:( Mine is affected too!!!

Many thanks to the keen eyes of the PinoyDVD members for the heads up. And thanks to Firewired for the action. Reminds me of the Constantine disc replacement before.

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
A cutoff?

Now that's a foul move from Warner. What about the majority of people who bought this set, those who DO NOT browse PinoyDVD? I'm sure those who bought this that are active here are in the minority among the Philippine consumers that bought this title. These poor people have the set on their shelves, without any idea that something's wrong.

Unless they take out ads in newspapers announcing the recall, or post notices in all Astro/Odyssey/Music One branches about this production error, they have no business naming a cutoff date. It's their error, they should fix it for everyone affected whenever these consumers discover this problem, not just for the lucky few who go to PinoyDVD.
I agree.  I almost missed this one, and I browse PinoyDVD everyday.  Just that since this is an old thread, and I haven't watched mine, I have nothing to add and skipped new posts thinking it was for those who recently bought it and discussing their prize find.  I just happen to have nothing to do tonight, and decided to click on this thread, and read about the problem... paano na those who are not (regular) PinoyDVD members? 

They should really check on their quality, especially since Warner is highly regarded when it comes to discs quality.  While DVD rot is a known issue, you still expect not to see them within 5-10 years from release, otherwise, why buy original? 
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline stryder

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #204 on: Sep 23, 2008 at 11:33 PM »
Announcement

Thanks.
i got my set thru pinoydvd.biz (preorder promo) since i am from way out of town (Zamboanga) :(...so how can i get my disc 1 replaced -  since going to Pasig is not that logical?
« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2008 at 11:08 PM by stryder »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
PM sent.

Offline Fat Makoy

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Collector
  • I Love PINAS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: Sep 24, 2008 at 09:40 AM »
A cutoff?

100% agree on this! WHV should at least make or post notices in all Astros etc.. And should at least dont give a certain cut-off time. Maybe at least half a year.
Bless d man if his heart & his land r 1, d 3 stars & a sun. - FM

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Another Announcement

Okay Warner came up with a better arrangement regarding the exchanges. Apparently, disseminating through the retail outlets is a logistical nightmare and will likely result in stores who may/may not be properly informed and may/may not have the replacement disc in stock. Magulo. It'll probably mean at least a couple of trips to claim the replacement Disc 1.

Instead, ALL those who intend to exchange Disc 1, regardless of when you purchased it, must claim the replacement via Warner's office here in Pasig. They're waiting for the discs to come in so target start date is October 15. No receipts needed... just bring your defective disc.

Just to make sure they have enough copies on hand, PM me even if you bought the disc in 2008. Those who already PMed me are already on my list.

« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2008 at 04:09 PM by firewired »

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2399
Sir firewired, I pm'ed you few days back, just wanna confirm if you received it. Thanks. Also suggestion is maybe you can post in this thread the final updated list of names that pm'ed you just to make sure you did not miss out on anybody. Thanks

Offline maidenmasher69

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
I think di na dapat nila sinasama ang set na ito whenever there will be sale. Kasi it is a known issue for the disc itself.

Good thing na rin na no receipt needed when claiming for the replacement.
« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2008 at 07:59 PM by maidenmasher69 »