Author Topic: Superman: The Ultimate Collection R3  (Read 70329 times)

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Hopefully that's not the final plan. From what I've been told, they're trying to bring in a batch of disc 1 (only) spindles from abroad.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline ESi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Update:

I was contacted by the WARNER rep from Trinoma yesterday and I was fortunately in the same mall. Despite the fact I didn't have the disc I went there to put a face on the name. The warner office told the rep to collect the damaged disc from the customer. The damaged disc will be eventually brought by the rep to the warner office for replacement. When I asked her as to how many days to wait...She was again clueless. :( I suggest that the WARNER office just send the replacement discs to the preferred pick-up points rather than going to all the red tape and trouble which will befall the customer. ::) This will save A LOT OF TIME for the customer making just ONE TRIP instead of several ones not to mention phone calls and text messages.  :)
Ars longa, Vita Brevis, Judicium dificile

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2399
I think Warner SHOULD put up a big banner in every strore and tell everybody about the 1st disc of this collection. How about the people outside of this forum. Kawawa. We are the customers. We spend 3000 plus bucks for this set and after they got our money, its takes them this long to do their RESPONSIBILITY? Dapat nga no hassle for the customers. Like sir Esi said they should do it like the potc disc in america it should be mailed, registered mail so it won't get lost. Warner is just giving us the go around bec they want to minimize their losses as much as possible. Just my opinion, if i took this all wrong and jump to conclusions. Sorry. But thats the way I look at it.
« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2008 at 12:22 PM by Moks007 »

Offline boybi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
What's happening to Warner?  >:(

Ano na bang nangyari dun sa raffle promo nila with Legend and Sweeney Todd?

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
IMO Warner should do the following:
Customer have the option of getting their disc thru mail or pickup at ANY astro, odyssey etc branch

First, they have to coordinate/make a letter to all retail branches  informing them of The Superman ultimate collection disc 1 exchange program.

Warner will make a HUGE notification in the respected retail outlet. By this I mean making a notice and put it on top of the warner dvd racks or near warner dvds. Something like this:
ATTENTION: There will be a Disc exchange program for The superman ultimate edition specifically disc one bec of blah blah blah..

2 options by the customer
Option 1 Thru mail
Customer have the option to just mail in their disc to warner, and get their disc also thru mail. Registered Mail. Customer will keep their registered mail receipt from the post office and this will be used as a "future discount" parang coupon on their next Warner dvd purchase. Imo this should talaga be shouldered by Warner.

Option 2 pick up disc at any astro, oddysey branch etc.
Customer bring their set to any astro branch and give them disc one. Branch receives disc and get identification info from customer. List name at their master list. Give customer the replacement disc right then and there. Customer receives and sign master list. Master list and damaged disc forwarded to Warner by the branch.

To me this is the simplest and fastest. If they want to make it more complicated I dont know na. You would think something's up >:(.. Its taking too long. Dapat right now they already have notification at the branches for EVERYONE to know and to follow na the procedure if they cant decide yet what to do..Most impt is for people to know about this!!!!

Another option they can do is post the info about the disc exchange program first in all branches and for people to sign up muna and then those are forwarded to Warner. Parang preorder..Then customer picks up disc when notified. Im sure they might do this rather than my option 1 or 2 bec option 1 is  too costly for them. Option 2 is they will say you don't know how many discs to allocate per branch. But I think they should have these options, especially option 1 thru mail for convenience, fast service and for people who don't have time to go back and forth to the branches, go thru traffic and pay for parking just for ONE disc.

Offline juanch

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
You said it right sir Moks,
« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2008 at 08:24 PM by juancho »

Offline ESi

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:

Option 2 pick up disc at any astro, oddysey branch etc.
Customer bring their set to any astro branch and give them disc one. Branch receives disc and get identification info from customer. List name at their master list. Give customer the replacement disc right then and there. Customer receives and sign master list. Master list and damaged disc forwarded to Warner by the branch.

To me this is the simplest and fastest. If they want to make it more complicated I dont know na. You would think something's up >:(.. Its taking too long. Dapat right now they already have notification at the branches for EVERYONE to know and to follow na the procedure if they cant decide yet what to do..Most impt is for people to know about this!!!!

Need I highlight MORE? ::) ::) ::)

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I think the Warner rep was not updated. Last time I spoke to Warner, the plan was more straightforward since I provided them with a list and contact info. They'd send the replacements in advance to the branches we specified and list each disc under our name/username. Hopefully that's still the plan.

Offline ESi

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Great UPDATE as ever from SIR DAVE!!!  THANKS! ;D
But then again its up to WARNER to put this all into CONCRETE action! ::)

Offline boybi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
I think the Warner rep was not updated. Last time I spoke to Warner, the plan was more straightforward since I provided them with a list and contact info. They'd send the replacements in advance to the branches we specified and list each disc under our name/username. Hopefully that's still the plan.

What's their plan for those that are not members of PDVD?

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I have no idea unfortunately. My priority was our replacements. Warner will probably service the walk-ins as well since this is a confirmed defect.

Offline clea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi-dilly-ho-dilly, neighboreenos.
  • Liked:
how about for those that ordered through .biz?  ;)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Toy Launch
Megamall A May30

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
If you have easy access to an Astro, it might me better to just exchange it there.  I don't think they will require receipts just the disc so you can exchange it anywhere.  I also don't think Warner will pay for the two-way courier so .biz might have to pay for those who can't easily access an Astro.   This is just my guess as I am not connected with any of the parties involved.
« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2008 at 02:50 AM by techdude »
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline kahl-el

• Collector
  • Great Krypton !!
  • Liked:
Can we already go to our identified Astro stores to have the disc replaced ?

:) :)

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
For PinoyDVD.biz, they're still trying to work it out. Technically, defective products are the manufacturer's responsibility anyway.

I'll confirm if the discs can already be claimed. Call the branch first to make sure.

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Ok I spoke to the head of Warner sales and he's pushing for the Metro Manila replacements to be deployed late next week.

Offline boybi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Ok I spoke to the head of Warner sales and he's pushing for the Metro Manila replacements to be deployed late next week.

Are the replacement discs already in Astro branches?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20

::)

Seriously, this is taking way too long.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Yup, I sent another email this morning to remind them that we're all still waiting.

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
Ok I was in Astroplus Makati last night and I asked the warner girl about this. Her response/instruction to her was to just wait for people to come up to her and ask for the disc. Swapping daw....She asked me several times if I bought it there. I said I think so, I can't remember. So I asked her if it really matters, she said no naman. What is wrong with this country and the system itself? I think the problem here is we (as filipinos) have this image problem of not being truthful, unlike in america its so easy to exchange stuff. Im not offended by her asking me several times if I bought it there but this is a WARNER problem, not astroplus so for me doesn't make sense.

Anyway, she got my cell phone number and told me she will text me when she have the disc na. She said her office hours in Warner is Thursday so she will get the disc then and text me when its there na.

Man opinion ko lang ito but this is sooooo ridiculous. It seems warner has no plans of letting everybody know about this disc 1 problem. I don't know I'm a type of person fighting for ones rights ;D I guess Im used to the american system ;D, especially on things like this. Im sorry but Im just stunned what is happening. Warner if you are reading this..SHAME ON YOU..Don't even bother blaming the "warner girl" who works there bec I don't see she's at fault. THE DISCS SHOULD BE AT THE BRANCHES ALREADY. NOTICES SHOULD BE POSTED EVERYWHERE..Thats the way I see it

Offline ESi

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
THE DISCS SHOULD BE AT THE BRANCHES ALREADY. NOTICES SHOULD BE POSTED EVERYWHERE

AMEN TO THAT!!! :)

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Also Warner is obviously so passive about this.  Meaning if you don't talk, they won't mention about the disc replacement issue/procedures, etc.

Kung baga....kung walang magtatanong..di sila iimik.

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
Ok I was in Astroplus Makati last night and I asked the warner girl about this. Her response/instruction to her was to just wait for people to come up to her and ask for the disc. Swapping daw....She asked me several times if I bought it there. I said I think so, I can't remember. So I asked her if it really matters, she said no naman. What is wrong with this country and the system itself? I think the problem here is we (as filipinos) have this image problem of not being truthful, unlike in america its so easy to exchange stuff. Im not offended by her asking me several times if I bought it there but this is a WARNER problem, not astroplus so for me doesn't make sense.

Anyway, she got my cell phone number and told me she will text me when she have the disc na. She said her office hours in Warner is Thursday so she will get the disc then and text me when its there na.

Man opinion ko lang ito but this is sooooo ridiculous. It seems warner has no plans of letting everybody know about this disc 1 problem. I don't know I'm a type of person fighting for ones rights ;D I guess Im used to the american system ;D, especially on things like this. Im sorry but Im just stunned what is happening. Warner if you are reading this..SHAME ON YOU..Don't even bother blaming the "warner girl" who works there bec I don't see she's at fault. THE DISCS SHOULD BE AT THE BRANCHES ALREADY. NOTICES SHOULD BE POSTED EVERYWHERE..Thats the way I see it

I also talked to her about this. At first, she was unaware of such an arrangement. I couldn't blame her because as you said, it should be the Warner office that should instruct her about this. I might pass by again tomorrow to follow up on this.

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
Just read about this today. i will have to check if my Superman 1 boxset is also affected.

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
Just checked the Superman 1 (4 disc edition) R3 and disc 1 is not affected.

Offline ESi

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
It is with great JOY and CONTENTMENT I report to you that WARNER has already put the wheels into motion at least in TRINOMA, short of the rest of the metropolis. I have received the replacement as soon as I brought the damaged disc to the branch I chose to pick it up( ASTRO TRINOMA ). No extra trips nor text messages needed. JANICE the WARNER TRINOMA rep even was glad to see me after almost a month. She immediately got the DISC from her locker and made the switch outright. She even volunteered to scan the disc just to make sure that it is OK. I couldn't do it thoroughly until now. So far so good. I will update this thread as I browse over the whole disc. I believe this would definitely do! THANKS WARNER and JANICE!!! :D ;D

But above all... THANKS DAVE aka FIREWIRED!!! VIVA PINOYDVD!!! ;D

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
That's great news. Still awaiting my replacement disc from Astro SM Makati. There are six of us there, I was told.

Offline ESi

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
As Promised. The replacement disc now plays perfectly ;D

Offline pjayg

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • I am the Nocturnal Prince!
  • Liked:
Ano na bang nangyari dun sa raffle promo nila with Legend and Sweeney Todd?

medyo OT, but same question

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
It is with great JOY and CONTENTMENT I report to you that WARNER has already put the wheels into motion at least in TRINOMA, short of the rest of the metropolis. I have received the replacement as soon as I brought the damaged disc to the branch I chose to pick it up( ASTRO TRINOMA ). No extra trips nor text messages needed. JANICE the WARNER TRINOMA rep even was glad to see me after almost a month. She immediately got the DISC from her locker and made the switch outright. She even volunteered to scan the disc just to make sure that it is OK. I couldn't do it thoroughly until now. So far so good. I will update this thread as I browse over the whole disc. I believe this would definitely do! THANKS WARNER and JANICE!!! :D ;D

But above all... THANKS DAVE aka FIREWIRED!!! VIVA PINOYDVD!!! ;D

congrats sir Esi, I'm still waiting for mine at Astro makati, she said she will pick mine up last Thursday and text me :'(..until now no text :'(

Sir we missed you at the Christmas party
That's great news. Still awaiting my replacement disc from Astro SM Makati. There are six of us there, I was told.

Sir I'm also included in that list hehe..Guess we have to wait a little. At least there is movement