Author Topic: amazing 103" LCD tv  (Read 1402 times)

Offline alx

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
amazing 103" LCD tv
« on: Nov 15, 2006 at 07:47 PM »
check this out!!!
giant 103" lcd tv in japan. :o

alx :P

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: amazing 103" LCD tv
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2006 at 09:21 PM »
That's not an LCD, that's the Pany 103 inch plasma.   5.6M Yen price tag displayed in Bic Camera Yuurakucho (Ginza).    Well at least the street price already went down from original estimated price of 70K US Dollars.   ;D

The angle of that shot does not do justice on how huge it actually looks.  I've stood right beside it without that barricade.   From that picture, it looks like a 65V but in reality, it's like a queen-size bed TV!   ;D  The TV stand looks like a "structure" estimated at 0.5M Yen  ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2006 at 09:27 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline nels76

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • extraordinarily intense AUDIO
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 08:58 AM »
That's not an LCD, that's the Pany 103 inch plasma.   5.6M Yen price tag displayed in Bic Camera Yuurakucho (Ginza).    Well at least the street price already went down from original estimated price of 70K US Dollars.   ;D

The angle of that shot does not do justice on how huge it actually looks.  I've stood right beside it without that barricade.   From that picture, it looks like a 65V but in reality, it's like a queen-size bed TV!   ;D  The TV stand looks like a "structure" estimated at 0.5M Yen  ;D

Hey Clon,

Where in Japan are you?

I've been there before - in fukushima to be exact for a training at my employer's expense.
That was a few year's back when the Sony Wega was still being introduced - I think the  year 1998.

Wala pa ng mga LCD and Plasma that time when I go for window shopping at Dengeki Soku and KS Denki.

The Mysterious Gamma Ray Burst

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 09:20 AM »
16-year Tokyo resident.    d**n I'm old!

Haven't been to Fukushima.    The first gen Plasma HDTVs (no LCDs yet at that time) were displayed in Akihabara around 1991-1992 if I remember correctly, showing a sexy western model in a yellow 2-piece swimsuit (that I won't forget).   It was a Sony priced over 1M yen but I don't recall the exact size now. Dun ko lagi dinadala lahat ng first time visitors ko sa Tokyo dahil kitang kita ang pagka-balbon (he he he).   That time, Sony's top of the line was Kirara Basso with Michael Jackson as model.  29-inch Kirara Basso costed 198K yen then, about the same price as a 37V or 40V LCD HDTV now.  Those were the times.
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2006 at 09:24 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline nels76

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • extraordinarily intense AUDIO
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 10:58 AM »
Whoa.  :o tagal na pala.

Fukushima is a province about 1.5 hours by bullet train from Tokyo (i will not forget this bullet train ride).
So, matagal na palang may mga LCD and Plasma diyan sa Japan.

Wala ko nakita during my stay there. siguro kasi province kaya walang mga LCDs and Plasmas na naka-display sa electronics shops at Fukushima.

I miss Japan especially those school girls na nakabuyang-yang while waiting for a bus. he he he. ;D
The Mysterious Gamma Ray Burst

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 11:12 AM »

I miss Japan especially those school girls na nakabuyang-yang while waiting for a bus. he he he. ;D

Sinong mas malaki hita, ikaw o sila?

Even my daughter (nasa Philippines ngayon dahil di ko na ma-afford ang 25K US$ for international school sa HS), hindi pa sanay sa mahabang palda ng students dyan..he he he.  Para daw walis..

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 11:18 AM »
Sharp was the real pioneer of LCD technology in Japan, from watches to calculators, cellphones, laptops, then the LCD display just got bigger and better.   Nobody foresaw that they'd be able to develop the LCD to the point na it will be one of the best, if not the best HDTV technology.  They had to completely stop production of their cheapy cheapy TVs because they simply could not cope with the Sonys and Panasonics, in order to concentrate on LCD.  Great success story indeed!  more than 50% of the Japanese bleeding edge market to date.