Author Topic: Pioneer Kuro Plasmas  (Read 39767 times)

Offline IceTea

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Temet Nosce.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pioneer Plasma review - Please help =)
« Reply #120 on: Dec 05, 2007 at 09:35 AM »
50" PDPLX508G at P265,000.00 (tentative price; price subject to change) 
Release date will be December 15, 2007 or earlier

Arrival on second week of January, 2008
60" PDPLX608G at P320,000.00 (tentative price; price subject to change) 

Holy-santa-banana!  It's like hanging half of my car on the wall.  How I wish I'm rich enough to buy such a monster. :D  Ang ganda siguro nito!   ;D

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Atlantic Technology THX Ulta II
  • Liked:
Re: Pioneer Kuro Plasmas
« Reply #121 on: Dec 05, 2007 at 09:52 AM »
new stocks of 508 and 428 available 2moro at Theater works! ;)
Pedestal na kasama, its better and safer.

Offline E-reply

• Trade Count: (+248)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mobile: 0917-5413491
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: Dec 05, 2007 at 10:34 AM »

Pioneer Philippines has just announced the arrival of Pioneer KURO Full HD Plasma
50" PDPLX508G at P265,000.00 (tentative price; price subject to change) 
Release date will be December 15, 2007 or earlier

Arrival on second week of January, 2008
60" PDPLX608G at P320,000.00 (tentative price; price subject to change) 

Pioneer KURO will be on display at Sights and Sounds 4th level Shangri-La Plaza.

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Atlantic Technology THX Ulta II
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: Dec 06, 2007 at 06:47 PM »
Available again pioneer 428xg 100k and 528xg 155k includes pedestal and freebies. ;)
While supply last.... hehehe!
Thanks Voj. :D

Offline Tonmeister

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Addict
  • The Art Of Sound
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Dec 07, 2007 at 02:16 PM »
Holy-santa-banana!  It's like hanging half of my car on the wall.  How I wish I'm rich enough to buy such a monster. :D  Ang ganda siguro nito!   ;D

at that price, dapat lang. i just hope this is the end of it all.
tapos bukas may kuro mark 2 naman. ayoko naaaaaaaaa...... ;D

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 210
« Reply #125 on: Dec 11, 2007 at 10:41 AM »
Any Kuro owner who wants to share his display settings?  I haven't had my 428 calibrated yet so I experimented using settings acquired from a UK AV forum that I joined. I used to think the Dynamic setting was awesome but after the manual adjustments I made on the Movie setting, which gave movies a highly realistic color and lighting, I don't want to use any other setting when watching Blurays.  :)
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline caycski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Dec 11, 2007 at 08:48 PM »
@lithium_deuteride - sir pa PM naman nung movie settings mo kung ok lang. thanks in advance.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Dec 11, 2007 at 09:31 PM »
I'll post it for you:  :)

***********************************************************************************************
These settings should be applied to the letter, you can adjust sharpness and saturation to suit but don't alter colour temp or colour mangement away from the settings below.
***********************************************************************************************

For SKY HD, PS3, Blue Ray or HD/DVD (BLUE RAY, PS3 OR HD/DVD YOU NEED TO ADJUST PURE CINEMA)
                (SKY HD SET PURE CINEMA TO OFF)

AV SELECTION  ***MOVIE***

CONTRAST     30
BRIGHTNESS      0
COLOUR        -2
TINT        +2 Towards Green
SHARPNESS     -15

PRO ADJUST > PURE CINEMA
FILM MODE     OFF            (BLUE RAY/HD DVD Smooth or Advanced)
TEXT OPTIMISATION OFF           

INTELIGENT MODE     OFF

PICTURE DETAIL
DRE        OFF (Low if you prefer)
BLACK LEVEL     OFF
ACL        OFF
ENHANCER MODE     2 (1 if you prefer)
GAMMA        2

COLOUR DETAIL     MANUAL (HOLD ENTER FOR 3 SECS)
COLOUR TEMP    
        R High  -2
        G High   0
        B High  +2
        R Low     -1
        G Low    0
        B Low   -1

CTI        OFF
COLOUR MANAGEMENT 
        R       0
        Y      0
        G      0
        c      0
           B      0
        M       -7

COLOUR SPACE      1

If you're using a PS3 via HDMI with this TV, there is a bug that will destroy shadow and highlight details if you have "RGB Full Range" enabled in the PS3's display settings. I won't go into the technical details as to why, but to set up your PS3 properly with this TV, you should go to:

1: Settings > Display Settings > RGB Full Range (HDMI) set it to "Full"

2: Settings > BD/DVD Settings > BD/DVD Video Output Format (HDMI) and change it to "RGB"

3: TV Menu > Option > HDMI Input > Video and change it from "Auto" to "Colour-4"

After a second or two, you should see the image change to a lower contrast, and far more accurate image.

NOISE REDUCTION
Field NR      OFF
All others      OFF

OTHERS
IP MODE      1
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline louie777

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Dec 13, 2007 at 06:01 PM »
wow thanks sa setting sir!

By the way pano nyo break in ung plasma? kasi bago palang saakin, what do i need to do to prevent screen burn? Kasi hilig pa naman ako maglaro ng games at manood ng mga asian movies where may black bars sa taas at baba..

thanks in advance

btw what i have is the 42 inch pioneer kuro....

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Dec 13, 2007 at 08:25 PM »
Louie, glad you got the 428 in lieu of the 427.  Its a great TV.  I don't give too much thought on screen burn, I just enjoy the TV.  Have played some downloaded PS3 demo games and Blu-rays with the black bars top and bottom. I've noticed no image retention, even temporary ones whatsoever.  To be on the safe side, don't use Dynamic for games and movies with black bars. Just set the orbital function to on and calibrate it to the above settings which I believe are screen-friendly in addition to looking more natural. Best. :) 
« Last Edit: Dec 13, 2007 at 08:32 PM by lithium_deuteride »

Offline louie777

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Dec 14, 2007 at 06:58 PM »
ey man thanks! yup sa una lang naman maganda ung dynamic pero eventually masakit sya sa mata hehe.... ung game mode na settings ok din...

cge config ko later.

thanks!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 11:12 PM »
Kuro 428 beats the 1080p Panasonic 42PZ700 according to this:

http://www.avreview.co.uk/news/article/mps/UAN/1500/v/1/sp/

Offline byron

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Audio and Video Phile Beginner
  • Liked:
Experience (good and bad) and Comments on the Pioneer PDP 428XG?
« Reply #132 on: Jan 30, 2008 at 04:42 PM »
Hi,
I would like to ask Pio PDP 428XG users their overall experience (good and bad) on this TV?   I would also like to ask what problems or challenges you faced when on this unit as well...

Many thanks!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Experience (good and bad) and Comments on the Pioneer PDP 428XG?
« Reply #133 on: Jan 30, 2008 at 11:05 PM »
Very happy with it. Japan built, exhudes class with the glossy plastic sidings. Fit and finish is beyond reproach. Weighty brushed-aluminum remote control adds a sense of quality.

Cable TV reception was disappointingly soft at first.  I expected that but not to such degree.  After about a month of usage, TV reception for some reason markedly improved in sharpness to the point that its now just a tick below what I'm used to with my CRT Sony Wega 25 incher.

Bluray playback is awesome. No you will not complain about resolution - it's plenty detailed.  Colors are rich and natural looking. I used to gawk at demo TV's in the malls but now that I'm used to the Kuro's picture, those demo TVs don't look so impressive anymore. You notice their shortcomings right away - the grayness of the blacks, the unatural colors, etc.  My first Bluray was the BBC HD documentary Planet Earth. I tell you, your jaws will drop and you'll be left praising the Lord for creating such a wonderful planet.

I'm playing Motorstorm, Rachet & Clank as well as a bunch of downloaded playable demo PS3 games.  No complaints-the games are real eye candies.  The manual tells you how to set the TV to prevent the dreaded screen burn and image retention issues.  Seems to work as I've not seen a hint of these problems.  BTW, the Metal Gear Solid Guns of the Patriots demos which so amazed me when played at 1080p on a 40" X-series Bravia looked merely good on the 428. Maybe games is one area where 1080p LCD is superior or maybe, my game mode settings just need to be optimized, I really don't know.

The well made on-screen menu looks to be a tweaker's delight but is much too complicated for the average joe. In my case, I tweaked the movie mode using settings I found on the net. The result was an easier on the eye naturalness that instantly became my default setting. This Saturday, the TV will be calibrated so there's a good chance its PQ, as good as it already is, may still improve.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Feb 02, 2008 at 11:37 PM »
Paul of Sights & Sound came over late this afternoon and calibrated the 428XG using the Spyder.  He was done in about 30 minutes.  He commented that the calibrated settings (saved in User mode) were very close to the TV's default setting under Optimum mode.  Some TV's daw are way off the D65 ideal but this one was almost spot-on out of the box.

How do I compare it to my Movie mode setting which I got from Pio 8G owners on AVS forum and which is my current favorite?  Paul's is obviously more colorful. Mas tuminkad yung colors with the general tint nudged closer to yellow compared to the AVS setting. Other than that, both have the same easy-on-the-eye presentation.  Which do I like better?  Of course I like the more colorful one but the jury's still out on which looks more natural.  I'll have to watch more Blurays before I can decide. Maybe I'll post some pics so you guys can decide which looks more natural. 

Nevertheless, I would like to thank Sights & Sounds and Vic for delivering this great value added service. More power sir.

Offline byron

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Feb 03, 2008 at 02:13 AM »
Hi Lithium,
GRABE!!! ATAT NA AKO BUMILI!!! hahahaha

I'm currently looking at the Pio DV600 to do some upscaling... medyo hit a stumbling block in terms of maximizing my "investments" on my DVD collection (mix of R1 and R3).  Couldn't get a PS3 player to play both region formats as per my PM to you.  In any case, medyo hintay na lang muna ako coz I don't have any bluray discs pa naman... i'll try to accumulate some then will get it later. 

I looked at the Oppo din.. medyo hefty price.  how much pala kuha mo sa Oppo?  I saw some reviews on the DV600 and medyo ok mga comments...

Please advise naman on the DV600 if you have ever encountered this machine before.

thanks as always!

Paul of Sights & Sound came over late this afternoon and calibrated the 428XG using the Spyder.  He was done in about 30 minutes.  He commented that the calibrated settings (saved in User mode) were very close to the TV's default setting under Optimum mode.  Some TV's daw are way off the D65 ideal but this one was almost spot-on out of the box.

How do I compare it to my Movie mode setting which I got from Pio 8G owners on AVS forum and which is my current favorite?  Paul's is obviously more colorful. Mas tuminkad yung colors with the general tint nudged closer to yellow compared to the AVS setting. Other than that, both have the same easy-on-the-eye presentation.  Which do I like better?  Of course I like the more colorful one but the jury's still out on which looks more natural.  I'll have to watch more Blurays before I can decide. Maybe I'll post some pics so you guys can decide which looks more natural. 

Nevertheless, I would like to thank Sights & Sounds and Vic for delivering this great value added service. More power sir.

Offline xxadonisxx

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Feb 03, 2008 at 06:55 AM »
I saw some reviews on the DV600 and medyo ok mga comments...

Please advise naman on the DV600 if you have ever encountered this machine before.

i have this dvd player, when playing standard dvd's the picture quality is really top notch.... but when playing some downloaded divx movies the unit sometimes hangs and freezes, that is why i still attached my old nextbase dvd player on top of my dv-600 so just in case the file won't play in my pioneer, i can still watch it on my nextbase which has no problems playing all types of divx but it is only on component connection though unlike the dv-600 which is hdmi.

Offline byron

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Feb 03, 2008 at 08:20 AM »
Hi Adonis,
Seems may room for improvement pa ang DV600... around how much is the unit kaya and where would be the best place to buy it?

Many thanks!

Offline miccollo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #138 on: Feb 03, 2008 at 11:16 AM »
Hi Adonis,
Seems may room for improvement pa ang DV600... around how much is the unit kaya and where would be the best place to buy it?

Many thanks!

Byron,

meron nyan kina sir jeff(theatherworks)  at sir vic(sights and sounds), their price is cheaper by around 500-700 compared to the mall prices.
TCL 75p8m
Onkyo Tx NR646
Jamo 416
AE Neo Ctr
Klipsch Sub10
Nvidia Shield TV
PS5

Offline xxadonisxx

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: Feb 03, 2008 at 12:35 PM »
@byron

i bought mine from jeff (nemesis) at theaterworks trinoma... their price is the cheapest that i have canvassed. i cannot post the price here because baka magalit yung mga malalaking appliance stores at sabihin sinisira ang retail price.. just go there and introduce yourself as pinoydvd member and you can avail of their readily discounted price for pinoydvd members.

Offline byron

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Feb 03, 2008 at 09:48 PM »
WOW...

I went to Theaterworks this afternoon, wala si Jeff so I got the prices first... sige, pakikilala na lang ako dun once natyempohan ko si Jeff.

Thanks for the tip guys!

Offline louie777

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Feb 03, 2008 at 11:09 PM »
Pre eto ba ung calibration on the spyder na ginawa ni Paul of sights and sounds? Is it possible that you post that too?

thanks...

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Feb 04, 2008 at 12:11 AM »
Pwede later but why settle for that when you can just ask Vic to calibrate your TV? You can pay for the service if you got your TV somewhere else.  :)  
« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2008 at 12:12 AM by lithium_deuteride »

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Feb 04, 2008 at 09:36 AM »
Pre eto ba ung calibration on the spyder na ginawa ni Paul of sights and sounds? Is it possible that you post that too?

thanks...

Hey Louie! We can calibrate your TV. Just give me a call. I think you need Paul to come your place for another visit.

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: Feb 04, 2008 at 09:38 AM »

Nice observations! Enjoy your TV.  Thank you for being another satisfied customer from Sights and Sounds.
« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2008 at 09:39 AM by E-reply »

Offline byron

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Feb 05, 2008 at 09:41 AM »
Hi Guys,
Do you know if there will be another price action (price drop) on the Pioneer Kuros and when?

many thanks!

Offline byron

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: Feb 05, 2008 at 09:55 AM »
Hi E-reply,
Is the wall mount that you are bundling in the Pio428XG the one with the "movable arm" that can help users connect additional cables for new devices after the wall mount has been installed?

thanks!

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Feb 05, 2008 at 12:18 PM »
Hi E-reply,
Is the wall mount that you are bundling in the Pio428XG the one with the "movable arm" that can help users connect additional cables for new devices after the wall mount has been installed?

thanks!

The wall bracket is one that can tilt up, so that you can access the TV back connections.

Offline louie777

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 10:22 PM »
Papost nalang dito ng settings pre kasi taga pampanga pa ako =) and para makita narin ng ibang members kasi rami din yta nakabili dito =) also pano pwede pagandahin ung tv or cable viewing? naka dream satellite kasi ako medyo dull ung colors, ang gamit ko is composite kasi un ung kasama dun sa dream box, bumili na ako ng better cables pero halos ganon padin.. what do you think?

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Feb 07, 2008 at 10:54 AM »
Papost nalang dito ng settings pre kasi taga pampanga pa ako =) and para makita narin ng ibang members kasi rami din yta nakabili dito =) also pano pwede pagandahin ung tv or cable viewing? naka dream satellite kasi ako medyo dull ung colors, ang gamit ko is composite kasi un ung kasama dun sa dream box, bumili na ako ng better cables pero halos ganon padin.. what do you think?

Sure cabalen but over the weekend na as I'll need to sit down in front of the telly with a pen a paper and take note of everything:).  Am just so busy right now I don't even have time to watch TV when I get home.  Can't help you with the Dream reception except to say that on my SKycable coax (which I spliced myself to insure workmanship) there's no problem with colors, just a general softness which is expected vis-a-vis CRT TV's but which to me is more than acceptable.