Author Topic: Recommend a Speaker  (Read 366942 times)

Offline Wildfire™

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Recommend a Speaker
« Reply #1830 on: Jul 30, 2012 at 07:58 PM »
mga sir,

newbie here. gusto ko sanang maglagay ng 2 tower speakers para sa blu-ray player at lcdtv. problem is pwede po kayang ikabit dun ang speakers? pati im in a tight budget, pwede po kaya yung mga nakikita ko na konzert tower speakers pra sa small room? thanks in advance

kailangan mo pa ng amplifier/receiver para maconnect sa tv and bluray player

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #1831 on: Jul 30, 2012 at 08:11 PM »
mga sir,

newbie here. gusto ko sanang maglagay ng 2 tower speakers para sa blu-ray player at lcdtv. problem is pwede po kayang ikabit dun ang speakers? pati im in a tight budget, pwede po kaya yung mga nakikita ko na konzert tower speakers pra sa small room? thanks in advance

if those are active speakers which can power itself then probably that setup will work.

Offline Testfreak

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1832 on: Jul 31, 2012 at 02:42 PM »
for me, the number of woofers on the a9 overwhelms the brightness of the rti series, plus if you'd really like to tone down the brightness, your receiver should have a treble adjustment. plus room acoustics help too like avoid letting the tweeter reflect on glass, since it amplifies the brightness.

Would the Rti A9 be better for HT compared to PSB Image T6, B&W 683 and Paradigm Monitor 11?

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #1833 on: Aug 01, 2012 at 05:13 AM »
Would the Rti A9 be better for HT compared to PSB Image T6, B&W 683 and Paradigm Monitor 11?

All four could do great, but the A9 is a lot easier to drive than the other speakers on the list (making it suitable for midlevel AVRs and higher).

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #1834 on: Aug 01, 2012 at 05:37 AM »
All four could do great, but the A9 is a lot easier to drive than the other speakers on the list (making it suitable for midlevel AVRs and higher).

If price is involved in this conversation, which of the four would be the best bang for the buck?  I'm certain the B&W's are quite expensive, same with the MA's, but I have not checkd on the Polk's and the PSB's recently, mahal narin ba? ???
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #1835 on: Aug 01, 2012 at 10:30 AM »

Yes the Polk Audio RTi A9 would be better.

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1836 on: Aug 01, 2012 at 12:16 PM »
If price is involved in this conversation, which of the four would be the best bang for the buck?  I'm certain the B&W's are quite expensive, same with the MA's, but I have not checkd on the Polk's and the PSB's recently, mahal narin ba? ???

You are gonna spend almost the same if you are going to complete the entire set. The A9 may be more expensive than some of the other floorstanders but then it's bookshelf/surround and center speaker can be cheaper.

I would suggest you audition them first so you would know which sound you would prefer. Then think of the price later. :D It's better to get the speakers that your ears want rather than having that upgrade itch later.

What Hifi in Makati Cinema Square carries Paradigm, MA, B&W and PSB, while SnS in Shangrila has Polk and PSB.
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2012 at 12:18 PM by sientobente »

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1837 on: Aug 01, 2012 at 01:08 PM »
You are gonna spend almost the same if you are going to complete the entire set. The A9 may be more expensive than some of the other floorstanders but then it's bookshelf/surround and center speaker can be cheaper.

I would suggest you audition them first so you would know which sound you would prefer. Then think of the price later. :D It's better to get the speakers that your ears want rather than having that upgrade itch later.

What Hifi in Makati Cinema Square carries Paradigm, MA, B&W and PSB, while SnS in Shangrila has Polk and PSB.

The only polks i have been able to listen to were from the tsi series and i was very impressed, if it weren't for the great deal on klipsch rf 52's and rb 51's i found at hi-fi lounge in festival mall alabang i would have gotten the polks. At that time i was deciding between the tsi and the wharf diamond 10 series, the klipsch deal came from nowhere!

As for b&w's, matagal ko narin gusto magkaroon nyan, ayaw lang sakin ng price! Pinang downpayment ko na lang sa kotse yung pang buong set ng 6 series! Hahaha. I've never auditioned MA and Psb though, by nature ba how are they? Harsh? Warm? Detailed? Bassy? Hmmm....
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1838 on: Aug 01, 2012 at 07:02 PM »
i actually auditioned all those like b&w 600, ma rx, polk rti and paradigm monitors plus kef q's but i ended up getting a psb  ;)

for me, the ma rx is a bit more relaxed than the psb image. psb also tends to sound warmer. if it's detail that you are looking for, i'm sure both brands doesn't lack those. partnering with the right equipment is also important.

Offline bher2

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1839 on: Aug 02, 2012 at 07:08 PM »
if those are active speakers which can power itself then probably that setup will work.

kailangan mo pa ng amplifier/receiver para maconnect sa tv and bluray player

thanks for the reply, i do really appreciate it...
hmm.. so i have to acquire an amplifier. by the way, should i buy the amplifier/receiver first?

Offline Rmp

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1840 on: Aug 03, 2012 at 12:49 PM »
gud day! im a newbie here. im looking for a 2nd hand speakers for sale. any1 here?

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1841 on: Aug 03, 2012 at 12:54 PM »
gud day! im a newbie here. im looking for a 2nd hand speakers for sale. any1 here?

the marketplace has a lot of 2nd hand speakers
http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/board,110.0.html

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1842 on: Aug 03, 2012 at 01:00 PM »

Are you looking for a particular brand?
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #1843 on: Aug 03, 2012 at 03:32 PM »
thanks for the reply, i do really appreciate it...
hmm.. so i have to acquire an amplifier. by the way, should i buy the amplifier/receiver first?

Preferably speaker first.

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1844 on: Aug 03, 2012 at 04:19 PM »
Hi,

Am looking into getting a pair of bookshelves entirely for Music to pair with my HK134.

I'm currently choosing from what's available at the Marketplace ;D

1. PSB B25
2. Monitor Audio BX2

my current sub is just a Wharf SW150 but I'm not considering Wharfs.

any links for reviews will be ok too.

TIA.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #1845 on: Aug 03, 2012 at 08:29 PM »
Hi,

Am looking into getting a pair of bookshelves entirely for Music to pair with my HK134.

I'm currently choosing from what's available at the Marketplace ;D

1. PSB B25
2. Monitor Audio BX2

my current sub is just a Wharf SW150 but I'm not considering Wharfs.

any links for reviews will be ok too.

TIA.

Given those 2 options, sa PSB ako. But try to consider other brands as well.

What is your preference in sound?

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1846 on: Aug 03, 2012 at 10:39 PM »
Hi sir, my preference is??? Warm and Clean I guess. ;D

Thanks.

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #1847 on: Aug 03, 2012 at 10:42 PM »

Thanks.

PSB  ;)
Walang Setup

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #1848 on: Aug 03, 2012 at 10:43 PM »

Thanks.

Try to audition the Anthony Audio Omega... ;)

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1849 on: Aug 04, 2012 at 07:27 PM »

Thanks.

Both speakers sound warm and clean :D What I like about both speakers are the vast placement options you can do with them since they are both front ported.

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #1850 on: Aug 05, 2012 at 01:10 PM »
1. PSB B25
2. Monitor Audio BX2

They sound quite different, honestly. The B25 is a speaker designed largely with the aim of neutral response (closer to correct), while the BX2 is voiced to sound pleasing to the average listener. The BX2 will be less fatiguing to listen to and would appear punchier and livelier, while the B25 would give off what would seem as a more forward and polite presentation to most.

Both are good speakers. Choosing should be based on your priorities.

Offline m35ius

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1851 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 09:09 PM »
hi need help on which speakers to buy, it's going to be used on a school hall with a capacity of about 200-300 people. It's going to be used for a single microphone for the host and for dancing. I just need a pair to be placed in the stage.

so far here's the list i'm choosing from:
Yamaha MSR100
Behringer B212D
Mackie TH15A
Peavy PV115D

any other suggestions will be highly appreciated.

btw it will be connected to a Numark M6 mixer and the source is a laptop.

Offline kekong0114

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1852 on: Aug 20, 2012 at 03:52 PM »
Hi.. Just new in here, I need some help. I just bought lately Carnival 8 for my front speaker to be pair with
my HK 3490 stereo receiver. Dami na din ako nabasa sa forum ne eto and I've learn a lot of things about audio system, that's why I'm asking some opinion to my fellow pdvd member kung ano ang magandang Subwoofer na maging match sa stereo set up, ko pure music lang po ako.

Thanks in advance.....

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #1853 on: Aug 20, 2012 at 04:23 PM »
Hi.. Just new in here, I need some help. I just bought lately Carnival 8 for my front speaker to be pair with
my HK 3490 stereo receiver. Dami na din ako nabasa sa forum ne eto and I've learn a lot of things about audio system, that's why I'm asking some opinion to my fellow pdvd member kung ano ang magandang Subwoofer na maging match sa stereo set up, ko pure music lang po ako.

Thanks in advance.....

Look for a sub with a low pass filter that can be set quite low for proper blending.

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1854 on: Aug 20, 2012 at 04:33 PM »

Thanks in advance.....

Sir if I am not mistaken your Carnival series has a matching Carnival 9 Sub that goes 25hz low (I just saw one at 5th ave parksquare Makati, P10800) which is low enough for some users.  If you want something better, the prices get steeper though, you can check these brands...SVS, Velodyne etc.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline kekong0114

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1855 on: Aug 20, 2012 at 08:10 PM »
Look for a sub with a low pass filter that can be set quite low for proper blending.

Sir Stagea, I do more research and reading to understand your comment, and it really helps me a lot.
Thanks......

Offline kekong0114

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1856 on: Aug 20, 2012 at 09:10 PM »
Sir if I am not mistaken your Carnival series has a matching Carnival 9 Sub that goes 25hz low (I just saw one at 5th ave parksquare Makati, P10800) which is low enough for some users.  If you want something better, the prices get steeper though, you can check these brands...SVS, Velodyne etc.

Sir, I already audition this carnival 9 sub not so impressed. I'm thinking a subwoofer na pang matagalan na kumbaga. Sa set up ko ngayon na HK 3490 + carnival 8 , parang may kulang sa pandinig ko, I've tried to add
this subwoofer baka ma satisfy ako sa outcome ng 2.1 system, if not I need to upgrade the front speaker.
Any sub you've heard na ok sa HK 3490? Thanks in advance...

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1857 on: Aug 21, 2012 at 01:43 AM »
Sir, I already audition this carnival 9 sub not so impressed. I'm thinking a subwoofer na pang matagalan na kumbaga. Sa set up ko ngayon na HK 3490 + carnival 8 , parang may kulang sa pandinig ko, I've tried to add
this subwoofer baka ma satisfy ako sa outcome ng 2.1 system, if not I need to upgrade the front speaker.
Any sub you've heard na ok sa HK 3490? Thanks in advance...

Unable to comment much on what goes with the harmans, havent tried eh.  Kung music fan ka kasi sir minimum ang 25hz so go for the reputable manufacturers, i've demoed klipsch rw12d, b&w 610 and the polk audio dsw660, all of which are impressive and go below 27hz or lower kaso katapat nyan sir is substancial cost.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #1858 on: Aug 21, 2012 at 02:12 AM »
Sir Stagea, I do more research and reading to understand your comment, and it really helps me a lot.
Thanks......

You're welcome. In case you're pushing through with replacing your front speakers for a 2.1 system, you may be better served by higher quality bookshelf speakers (given that you don't need that much output). This way, you can invest your money on higher grade speakers, instead of spending the same money on a lower quality tower pair. A good quality sub should be able to handle the low frequencies.

Offline kekong0114

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1859 on: Aug 22, 2012 at 02:36 AM »
Unable to comment much on what goes with the harmans, havent tried eh.  Kung music fan ka kasi sir minimum ang 25hz so go for the reputable manufacturers, i've demoed klipsch rw12d, b&w 610 and the polk audio dsw660, all of which are impressive and go below 27hz or lower kaso katapat nyan sir is substancial cost.

I've check the specs and the prize of the sub you've mentioned, its all good, need to save a little for the budget. Upon reading some comments from the pdvd members, for music... they prepare polk audio, and a positive response also for velodyne.  I will try to look were can I audition this this brand and model here in our place. ty