Author Topic: Recommend a Speaker  (Read 366939 times)

Offline kekong0114

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Recommend a Speaker
« Reply #1860 on: Aug 22, 2012 at 03:33 AM »
You're welcome. In case you're pushing through with replacing your front speakers for a 2.1 system, you may be better served by higher quality bookshelf speakers (given that you don't need that much output). This way, you can invest your money on higher grade speakers, instead of spending the same money on a lower quality tower pair. A good quality sub should be able to handle the low frequencies.

If I'm not satisfy with the outcome of my 2.1 system, I will consider your option sir. thanks

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #1861 on: Aug 24, 2012 at 03:13 PM »
You're welcome. In case you're pushing through with replacing your front speakers for a 2.1 system, you may be better served by higher quality bookshelf speakers (given that you don't need that much output). This way, you can invest your money on higher grade speakers, instead of spending the same money on a lower quality tower pair. A good quality sub should be able to handle the low frequencies.

this is one logic i plan to apply when i upgrade my speakers. go for a higher end bookshelf rather than settling for low end floorstanders. not much of a basshead anyway but more on clarity and details.

Offline eyeyousee™

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1862 on: Aug 24, 2012 at 06:34 PM »
mga bossing!

Pede kaya gawing Front ito Jamo C60SUR? Eh kung Ilipat sya nang speaker cabinet?

Thanks!
low end pa rin!

Offline armymanhaha

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #1863 on: Aug 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM »
folks, just a quick survey:

which one do you think would be best for music?

a.)Definitive Technology Studiomonitor 65

b.)Dynaudio Excite X12

c.)Focal Chorus 806v

Those are the only options for now. As you may have noticed, the speakers prices ranges from 45k to almost 50k only, as that's what the budget only allows. Which do you think would be best suitable for well recorded Rock albums, Jazz, and vocals. If you have other suggestions at this price point, it would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2012 at 11:39 AM by armymanhaha »
"Audiophools layuan nyo ako"

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #1864 on: Aug 29, 2012 at 11:46 AM »
A couple of weeks ago I saw an Usher 6311  Sensible Audio at Makati Cinema Square, swak sa budget ata.. since its usedm you can negotiate, I have the standmount version and its never leaving my house except if its going to be replaced by another Usher or an SF

others in the price range.. LSA 1

There is (was ?) Aelite 2 at the BNS section...
« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2012 at 11:52 AM by qguy »

Offline armymanhaha

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1865 on: Aug 29, 2012 at 11:53 AM »
sir qguy, may contact number ka dun?

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #1866 on: Aug 29, 2012 at 11:53 AM »
folks, just a quick survey:

which one do you think would be best for music?

a.)Definitive Technology Studiomonitor 65
b.)Dynaudio Excite X12
c.)Focal Chorus 806v

Those are the only options for now. As you may have noticed, the speakers prices ranges from 45k to almost 50k only, as that's what the budget only allows. Which do you think would be best suitable for well recorded Rock albums, Jazz, and vocals. If you have other suggestions at this price point, it would be greatly appreciated.

That'd be best answered by your preference, room and matching gear. Have you listened to these speakers extensively?

Offline qguy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
« Reply #1867 on: Aug 29, 2012 at 11:56 AM »
sir qguy, may contact number ka dun?

There is no phone at the makati shop,  search for Sensible Audio on the net or Audiolite in Paco same owner lang yun.

Offline armymanhaha

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1868 on: Aug 29, 2012 at 12:12 PM »
That'd be best answered by your preference, room and matching gear. Have you listened to these speakers extensively?

I havent had the time to extensively listem to them yet, kaya nga paconsult muna ko dito. we all know naman that our ears should guide us ;D i'm just really looking for the best bang for the buck at this price point, opinions about the brands, and listening experiences.

Offline qguy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
« Reply #1869 on: Aug 29, 2012 at 12:14 PM »
What do you currently have now (amp and speakers) ?  What seems to be missing ?

Offline armymanhaha

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1870 on: Aug 29, 2012 at 12:38 PM »
What i had was a Rotel RA1520 and a Dynaudio Audience 42 and bass reinforcement from an SVS sealed sub. I actually was very satisfied with the setup in terms of sound performance. The thing is that the Audience 42 I got back then was used, it had nicks and dents and peels that annoys me. I actually sold it just purely because of its looks.  ::)  ::)  ::)

Thats why I am reconsidering the excite 12 (in gloss black which would match my svs sub). I also added the deftech studiomonitors 65 as an option because of its WTW configuration and deftech's design philosophy. I was wondering if the deftech could actually outperform the excite 12 (or even the x16) in general because of its engineering. No way to a-b test both.

Offline qguy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
« Reply #1871 on: Aug 29, 2012 at 01:11 PM »
AHA .. simple get a minty used Audience 42 or the Excite 12 as the excite is the directer eplacment of the Audience series and seems to be proven to your ears and system.

As for technologies written on the brochure, well, I would take any documents made by manufacturers with a grain of salt to balanced it out as everything sound so sweet to the manufacturer when their writing about their products. Listen to it and let your ears decide if its sounds nice or not

What i had was a Rotel RA1520 and a Dynaudio Audience 42 and bass reinforcement from an SVS sealed sub. I actually was very satisfied with the setup in terms of sound performance. The thing is that the Audience 42 I got back then was used, it had nicks and dents and peels that annoys me. I actually sold it just purely because of its looks.  ::)  ::)  ::)

Thats why I am reconsidering the excite 12 (in gloss black which would match my svs sub). I also added the deftech studiomonitors 65 as an option because of its WTW configuration and deftech's design philosophy. I was wondering if the deftech could actually outperform the excite 12 (or even the x16) in general because of its engineering. No way to a-b test both.

Offline armymanhaha

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1872 on: Aug 29, 2012 at 01:20 PM »
yeah, marketing  ;D

the geek in me really appreciates the way sandy gross (Polk, Deftech, Goldenear) explained the philosophy behind his products.

I'll be calling a local distro to setup an appointment for the Deftech just to be sure i'm not missing anything.

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #1873 on: Aug 29, 2012 at 01:40 PM »

Include the B&W CM5 too. It comes in gloss black and same price level as the excite x12 and chorus 806v.

Offline Audio Excellence

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Definitive Technology
  • Liked:
« Reply #1874 on: Aug 29, 2012 at 08:25 PM »
yeah, marketing  ;D

the geek in me really appreciates the way sandy gross (Polk, Deftech, Goldenear) explained the philosophy behind his products.

I'll be calling a local distro to setup an appointment for the Deftech just to be sure i'm not missing anything.

If you want to demo Definative technology, come over to the showroom:

AUDIO EXCELLENCE
CEL NUMBER (0917) 854-1243
TEL 746-0598
# 7 Sheridan corner Pioneer Street., Mandaluyong City
(Next to Jolibee) (near the RFM bldg)

Offline Billabong

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1875 on: Aug 29, 2012 at 09:10 PM »

Since naka Dynaudio ka na before.. For sure, hahanap hanapin mo ang tunog ng Dyns. ;D ;)

Offline Cjtjader

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Lux Lucis Volo
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 256
« Reply #1876 on: Aug 29, 2012 at 09:20 PM »
Since naka Dynaudio ka na before.. For sure, hahanap hanapin mo ang tunog ng Dyns. ;D ;)

+100  ;) ;)
Perspicuus ~ Quietus ~ Consilium ~ Patefacio

Offline resident_evil

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1877 on: Aug 29, 2012 at 09:51 PM »
I use an Audience 72 SE but I would recommend you listen to the PSB Imagine Bs at Watts Hi Fi in MCS. I still have my Imagine Bs. Just could not let them go. They are well within your budget.
Ref3A De Capo Be, 300B SET Amp, Nak Bx300, Rega P3-24, Benz Glider, EE Minimax

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1878 on: Aug 30, 2012 at 03:38 PM »
Oo nga pala, the Imagine Bs come in gloss black too  :)

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #1879 on: Aug 30, 2012 at 03:42 PM »
Oo nga pala, the Imagine Bs come in gloss black too  :)

Ang pogi brader...
Walang Setup

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1880 on: Aug 30, 2012 at 09:34 PM »
Ang pogi brader...

Bili na idol para sakto sa grand september hifi show sa inyong place  ;)

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1881 on: Aug 30, 2012 at 09:37 PM »
Bili na idol para sakto sa grand september hifi show sa inyong place  ;)

Wahahahahha... I wishhhh....

Imagine T2 + NAD C275BEE + NAD C165BEE = YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!
Walang Setup

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #1882 on: Aug 30, 2012 at 09:41 PM »
Wahahahahha... I wishhhh....

Imagine T2 + NAD C275BEE + NAD C165BEE = YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!

Eto na... Hahakot na yan bukas... Go na brader para swak sa Sabado!!! ;D

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1883 on: Aug 30, 2012 at 09:46 PM »
Eto na... Hahakot na yan bukas... Go na brader para swak sa Sabado!!! ;D

Anak nang pating alam mo bang 200k+ yang total cost nang tatlong yan? wala nga akong 200 pesos ngayon eh ha ha ha
Walang Setup

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1884 on: Aug 30, 2012 at 09:47 PM »
Anak nang pating alam mo bang 200k+ yang total cost nang tatlong yan? wala nga akong 200 pesos ngayon eh ha ha ha

Naku ganyan din ang sinabi mo last time sa Rega, the following week meron na  ;)

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1885 on: Aug 30, 2012 at 09:49 PM »
Naku ganyan din ang sinabi mo last time sa Rega, the following week meron na  ;)

Hoy hindi 200k ang Rega he he he he
Walang Setup

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
« Reply #1886 on: Aug 31, 2012 at 04:11 AM »

Well for me I will shortlist it with 2 choices either the Dyns or Focal. Bring them at Home to hear exactly their performance right in the comfort of your home. Room acoustics, gears (amps etch), affects the sound quality of this speakers.
If you are happy with the dyns, then this don't need to audition since you had experienced it. ;)
Happy Hunting!
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline armymanhaha

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1887 on: Aug 31, 2012 at 08:16 AM »
So.. funnily enough, I ended up with something that wasn't on my list. A Paradigm Studio 20 v.5.

I really prefer this sound compared to my Audience 42 before. A lot more dynamic, and the midrange is so 'there'. Though one gripe I have with these speakers is that they look like crap with the grills off, so on they stay :D

Offline armymanhaha

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1888 on: Aug 31, 2012 at 08:19 AM »
I just wanna thank you guys. In some way, you forced me to go out there and audition and I ended up happy with my purchase.  ;)

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #1889 on: Aug 31, 2012 at 08:34 AM »
So.. funnily enough, I ended up with something that wasn't on my list. A Paradigm Studio 20 v.5.

I really prefer this sound compared to my Audience 42 before. A lot more dynamic, and the midrange is so 'there'. Though one gripe I have with these speakers is that they look like crap with the grills off, so on they stay :D

Congrats sir Armymanhaha... !  :o on your New speakers....  ;D

can you tell us your comparison with those brands you mentioned in your earlier post. And the deciding factor that made you bought Paradigm aside from it's mid presence & crappy look when grills off...?  :D
 :)
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest