Author Topic: Citizen Kane DVD  (Read 1661 times)

Offline quasar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Citizen Kane DVD
« on: Jun 25, 2001 at 07:35 PM »
DVDReview.com carried a story that Citizen Kane has been scheduled for a September 25 release. Here's the full text of the story:

"As we had announced previously already, Warner Home Video has been working on a DVD version of Orson Welles’ masterpiece, Citizen Kane. Now we have been able to find out that the DVD is scheduled for a release on September 25!
Condemned in its own day as too controversial, "Citizen Kane" has become the standard by which all other cinema is based. Ranked by the American Film Institute and countless critics and film historians as the greatest American film of all time, "Kane" retrospectively examined the life of one Charles Foster Kane, a powerful and influential man with more than a few similarities to real magnates of the time including media mogul William Randolph Hearst. But despite the power of Kane, his life, and ultimate death, were a mystery was reflected differently to all who knew him.
We will, of course, keep you posted when more information on this highly anticipated title comes in, but at least the September 25 release date seems to be fixed by now."

(See http://www.dvdreview.com/html/news.html)

No details yet as to the disk's features.

First the Godfather box set, then The Phantom Menance, now this! Here's hoping that the peso regains some value (45:1?) before September!
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2002 at 01:20 PM by DVDiva »

Offline FLIM

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: Definite date for Citizan Kane DVD!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2001 at 07:06 AM »
About damn bloody time they got this classic into the DVD format! A lot of people are raving about its visual set pieces and they should because GREG TOLAND this great GERMAN cinematographer did the camera work.But aside from that This film reinvented the narrative structure of film. It had a non-linear storyline at a time when the films being made in hollywood were pretty basic!Sorry ORSON you were way ahead of your time and just like VAN GOGH you had to wait for everybody else! SANTA I WANT ONE!      

Offline benny

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2001 at 12:47 PM »

About damn bloody time they got this classic into the DVD format! ....      

FILM, it has been released on dvd - R2 nga lang.

The french have an awesome version:

Citizen Kane Collector - Edition limitée

Or if you prefer the UK version:

Citizen Kane R2

There's also an old thread started by upstart.

This is great news, quasar! :)

Offline FLIM

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jun 28, 2001 at 07:41 AM »
That guy had so many great films that were trashed by Hollywood. Goes to show how the truly gifted are destroyed or just plain buried in sight by " MEDIOCRITY! MEDIOCRITY! "
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 1970 at 08:00 AM by 1016344800 »

Offline benny

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2001 at 12:02 PM »
From dvdfile, R1 specs:

"Warner has announced the full specs, and it looks pretty dang good! A two-disc set, the film will be presented in its original 1.37;1 aspect ratio (direct from a new print of the film) and English mono track, with English Closed Captions and English, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. Disc one includes two full-length audio commentaries with director and Welles biographer Peter Bogdanovich, and the second with film critic Roger Ebert, the original 1941 movie premiere newsreel, a storyboard gallery and the original theatrical trailer. Disc two includes "The Battle Over Citizen Kane" documentary, rare interviews with Orson Welles and rare footage from William Randolph Hearst's San Simeon Estate, and finally Welles' historic "The War Of The Worlds" broadcast. Pretty cool, eh? Retail is $29.95 and street date 9/25

Offline Komikero

• Konsehal
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Oct 03, 2001 at 12:27 AM »
Wow, now that it's here, I still can't believe it. I've been going over this DVD for the past 2 days now. Cool huh, that this is probably the first (correct me if I'm wrong) Warner DVD title that DOESN'T come in a snapper case? Still a bit flimsy though. I wonder how the R3 will be packaged.

Offline FLIM

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Oct 03, 2001 at 12:38 AM »
You can say that again.Goes to show you how HOLLYWOOD is terrifyied of genuis and originality that they tried to destroy Welles.Which they succeded in doing but failed to destroy his film. Which ironically outlived them all  and the biggest kicker is that it is considered by all to be " THE GREASTET FILM OF ALL TIME!"        

Offline uebetan12

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: Citizen Kane DVD
« Reply #7 on: Feb 25, 2006 at 08:32 AM »
considered the greatest hollywood movie oif all time.i didnt hesitate in buying the dvd of this movie and it was worth every peso of it. sana ilabas ito sa region 3 para sa mga ibang tao dito sa pilipinas na walang access sa region1 o namamahalan but i believe na kahit mahal,marami pa ring bibili ng region1 na ito.
the complete history of the battlefor citizen cane was also included kaya,all you need to know about this movie is there at one of the best dvd releases of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dragonrower

• Collector
  • www.pc-experts.org
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Feb 27, 2006 at 05:40 PM »
meron pa ba nito?

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Feb 27, 2006 at 05:58 PM »
meron pa ba nito?
got mine from amazon....dont know if you can get one locally.. ;D ;D

Offline uebetan12

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Mar 01, 2006 at 08:38 AM »
makakuha ka nito locally sa mga dvd stores na pwedeng orderan ng region 1s. sa greenhills ko inorder ang kopya ko nito.