Author Topic: Johnny Air  (Read 393514 times)

Offline Blu-devil

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • DVD Addict
  • The Bible, The Worlds Most Famous Work of Fiction
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Johnny Air
« Reply #840 on: Jul 01, 2009 at 12:14 AM »
My wife is a member of Philippine Mac Users Group and they have the same deal with PinoyDVD members. Somebody on that forum got a new quote from JAC as of 16 June with a price increase:

i just e-mailed JAC..from the proposal they sent, handling fee is now 10 dollars . $8.50/lb for electronic items and a $50 premium for DSLR (not sure if the same to any other electronic items)
(http://www.philmug.ph/forum/showpost.php?p=615103&postcount=305)

Nobody has confirmed this on that forum yet. Can anybody confirm this here?
Denon AVR-4400H: Denon PMA520AE: DMP-UB400: Epson EH-TW9400: Jamo 7.1.4 Atmos Speakers: 135” screen

Offline looks

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #841 on: Jul 01, 2009 at 11:06 AM »
got my package last week. $7.5/pound and $5 handling fee. im a new customer, and asked them if they can still bring it down to $6/pound coz im a pdvd member and they said "mababa na yan, $8.50-10.50 tlga ang fee."

My wife is a member of Philippine Mac Users Group and they have the same deal with PinoyDVD members. Somebody on that forum got a new quote from JAC as of 16 June with a price increase:

i just e-mailed JAC..from the proposal they sent, handling fee is now 10 dollars . $8.50/lb for electronic items and a $50 premium for DSLR (not sure if the same to any other electronic items)
(http://www.philmug.ph/forum/showpost.php?p=615103&postcount=305)

Nobody has confirmed this on that forum yet. Can anybody confirm this here?

Offline darth mond

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #842 on: Jul 27, 2009 at 09:47 PM »
USPS attempted to deliver my order to JAC NJ last Saturday. However for some reason (might be JAC is closed on Saturdays?) they were unable to deliver it. I got an e-mail now asking me to get the items from the nearest post office. Has anyone experienced this? Can JAC pick-up the items from the post office?  :-\

Offline rafmac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #843 on: Sep 02, 2009 at 03:53 PM »
Recently had some items bought and delivered to JAC NJ office last August 21 and upto now, I havent received my items. Called their office and it is in transit, but they cant say exactly when it will arrive in Manila  >:(

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #844 on: Sep 02, 2009 at 05:11 PM »
Recently had some items bought and delivered to JAC NJ office last August 21 and upto now, I havent received my items. Called their office and it is in transit, but they cant say exactly when it will arrive in Manila  >:(
Be patient lang bro. Sometimes the supplier could be the one that cause the delay in shipping to JAC. After years of using JAC, my longest waiting period was 14 days. Try to give it a bit of time. :)
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2009 at 05:17 PM by pchin »

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #845 on: Sep 02, 2009 at 05:17 PM »
got my package last week. $7.5/pound and $5 handling fee. im a new customer, and asked them if they can still bring it down to $6/pound coz im a pdvd member and they said "mababa na yan, $8.50-10.50 tlga ang fee."

This isn't right. Regardless if you're new or not as long as you're a PDVD member, then you should enjoy the same benefit/privilege. I have some incoming shipments, will check the price. Unless JAC has increased its price & applicable to new cistomers only.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #846 on: Sep 02, 2009 at 06:16 PM »
Recently had some items bought and delivered to JAC NJ office last August 21 and upto now, I havent received my items. Called their office and it is in transit, but they cant say exactly when it will arrive in Manila  >:(

actually the problem is the customs daw in Manila.  They have been inspecting packages more thoroughly.. Before I get my packages within a week after delivery to JAC NJ.  Now I get it 10 to 14 days na..
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline looks

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #847 on: Sep 03, 2009 at 07:49 AM »
This isn't right. Regardless if you're new or not as long as you're a PDVD member, then you should enjoy the same benefit/privilege. I have some incoming shipments, will check the price. Unless JAC has increased its price & applicable to new cistomers only.

yes, pls do ask them and update us. I haven't use their service ever since, nadala ako. mas napamahal pa kasi... ang laki ng difference.

thanks!  :)

Offline rafmac

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #848 on: Sep 03, 2009 at 09:39 AM »
actually the problem is the customs daw in Manila.  They have been inspecting packages more thoroughly.. Before I get my packages within a week after delivery to JAC NJ.  Now I get it 10 to 14 days na..

actually its not customs that is a problem. Their cargo is somewhere in China and they do not know when their shipment will actually arrive in Manila. Called them every day to ask for an update and they tell me that it is not on Manila and they cannot give an estimate on when it will be brought here.

frustrating lang that as a cargo company that they should be able to give the client advice on when to expect delivery or where the shipment is, but the staff that I talked to doesnt have a clue

Offline TOY 01

• Trade Count: (+323)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #849 on: Sep 03, 2009 at 03:38 PM »
USPS attempted to deliver my order to JAC NJ last Saturday. However for some reason (might be JAC is closed on Saturdays?) they were unable to deliver it. I got an e-mail now asking me to get the items from the nearest post office. Has anyone experienced this? Can JAC pick-up the items from the post office?  :-\

Bro pag hindi naman pick up ng JAC yan babalik sa shipper yun item mo.
Allan 0917-8975003 (Please indicate username)

Offline YAB

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #850 on: Sep 03, 2009 at 03:58 PM »
To all our valued PinoyDVD clients:

We deeply regret to inform you that all shipments included on our Friday and Saturday flights, August 28 & 29, were offloaded in China.  Thus, all boxes received by JAC-NJ and JAC-NY between August 24 to August 28 were included.  We sincerely apologize that this unfortunate incident happened at the time most of the items are urgently needed.

As of today, the airlines promised us again that it will arrive tomorrow.  However, instead of waiting for their confirmation, we have already made arrangements for someone to go directly to their warehouse in China and personally monitor the loading.  This way,  our contact person can muscle his way and ensure that our boxes will be loaded for tomorrow's flight.

We will give you an update around 11:30 am, as the cargo plane usually arrives at 11:00 am.  Rest assured all boxes will be processed and released on the same day.

We hope for your utmost understanding. 

Again, my sincerest apologies, 

Aura B.

P.S.  To answer you inquiries about the transit time and rates:

1.  All boxes addressed to NJ will be consolidated first before they are forwarded to Woodside, NY.  Thus, please add a 2 - 3 days on the transit time (excluding weekends) if your boxes are received by our NJ office.  Our flight dates from NY are every Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.   

2.  If your shipment is labeled under JET C. / AURA, we offer a special rate as agreed with the owner of this web site.  Otherwise, I do not have any control on your rates.

3.  By the last quarter of this year, we will arrange a special I.D. for members of your group.  This I.D. will cover special "freebies" and discounts on special months.  However, only those who submitted their TSA forms will be given an I.D.

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #851 on: Sep 03, 2009 at 07:04 PM »
There finally..a clarification from Ms.Aura. Many thanks for promptly responding to all queries here.  ;)

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #852 on: Sep 04, 2009 at 06:42 AM »
Now we can put all worries to reat na. I have two shipments also caught in the situation.

Offline rafmac

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #853 on: Sep 04, 2009 at 08:45 AM »
walan bang rebate in this type of situation?

Offline YAB

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #854 on: Sep 04, 2009 at 11:00 AM »
Dear members:

Our boxes arrived Manila already and we're processing the release now.  As for rafmac's request on rebate, what we may offer is a discount on the handling fees - we will bill only half of the handling fee , instead of the standard US$ 5.00 per shipment, BUT only for this August 28 & 29 boxes.

Thank you very much for your patience.  You were understanding enough to extend that kindness.

My sincerest gratitude  :)

Aura B.

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #855 on: Sep 04, 2009 at 12:42 PM »
Dear members:

Our boxes arrived Manila already and we're processing the release now.  As for rafmac's request on rebate, what we may offer is a discount on the handling fees - we will bill only half of the handling fee , instead of the standard US$ 5.00 per shipment, BUT only for this August 28 & 29 boxes.

Thank you very much for your patience.  You were understanding enough to extend that kindness.

Aura B.

wow... thats what i call service!! will call up jac later to check kung dumating packages ko

OT: got a chance to meet the famed ms. black.. and i tell you.. she's one of the prettiest and fairest black i know... and pinay sya!! magaling mag tagalog!!

meron pa kaya additional discount  ;) medyo malaki ang package ko e... ;D

Offline rafmac

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #856 on: Sep 04, 2009 at 01:52 PM »
Dear members:

Aura B.

thank you

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #857 on: Sep 04, 2009 at 01:57 PM »
Wow thanks for the great news Ms. Aura. Hope my packages fall into those dates...;D

OT: got a chance to meet the famed ms. black.. and i tell you.. she's one of the prettiest and fairest black i know... and pinay sya!! magaling mag tagalog!!

I think we all will second that!  ;)

Offline mandrake

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Common sense is not as common as you think
  • Liked:
« Reply #858 on: Sep 05, 2009 at 10:53 AM »
Bro pag hindi naman pick up ng JAC yan babalik sa shipper yun item mo.

First of all let me say that I've been using JAC since November of 2006.  I've received more than 20 shipments of various items that were handled by them with virtually no problems.  They are really efficient and reliable, as far as I'm concerned.

Recently I contacted them to get more info about the problem posted by @darth mond because I found that a bit disturbing.  My contact person at JAC, by the name of Jay-R, told me that there seems to be a slight tendency by USPS to do this, i.e., claim that nobody was available to receive the item.  That's why he said they preferred that items be sent via UPS, or some other courier.  But what if the seller uses USPS only?  Also, shipping via UPS is a bit more expensive.  Maybe Ms. Aura Black, who unfortunately I haven't met yet, can confirm if there really is a problem with USPS? :-\

@darth mond, maybe you can update us also as to what happened to your shipment?  If it is returned to the shipper, what happens to the shipping cost, if any, that you paid for?  Will the shipper resend the item?

Thanks in advance. :)

Offline darth mond

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #859 on: Sep 05, 2009 at 02:18 PM »
With regard to my last shipment, I wrote a letter to Amazon that the recipient is a forwarder and could not pick-up the items from the Post Office. What the people from Amazon did was send another batch of the same items via UPS (1 day shipping!) and just requested for me to ask the forwarder to reject the items if USPS tries to reattempt delivery. I coordinated this with JAC and, true enough, UPS did reattempt deliver (I think after 2 days) which JAC rejected.

Medyo hassle and nakakakaba, but what happened made me more loyal to JAC and Amazon both of which  handled my predicament well ;D. I have had great experience with JAC so far so definitely ordering more stuff thru JAC.
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2009 at 02:32 PM by darth mond »

Offline mandrake

• Collector
  • Common sense is not as common as you think
  • Liked:
« Reply #860 on: Sep 09, 2009 at 01:26 PM »
Medyo hassle and nakakakaba, but what happened made me more loyal to JAC and Amazon both of which  handled my predicament well ;D. I have had great experience with JAC so far so definitely ordering more stuff thru JAC.

Very good news sir. :) This makes me more confident than ever about using JAC. Thanks for the update :)

Offline milken

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #861 on: Sep 24, 2009 at 09:45 AM »
Have you guys sent several items in one shipping?  Is there a restriction how many items of the same kind are allowed to be sent via JAC?

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #862 on: Sep 24, 2009 at 10:10 AM »
Alam ko that is not allowed. Imagine if everybody can do this, to consolidate all US purchases into one small box going to the Philippines- mahirap to organize and JAC will lose money hehe.  If they do this though, that would be a good advantage and they might attract more customers! (More people will buy more stuff from the US, lesser sales for the country though)
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #863 on: Sep 24, 2009 at 10:51 AM »
I think sir oreoshake has done that a couple of times already....the La Crosse charger to be specific.  So I guess JAC is ok with it as long as it's in one shipment all from one merchant.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #864 on: Sep 24, 2009 at 10:57 AM »
I read somewhere, commercial quantity that is not taxable is not more than 16 items of each kind..
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline milken

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #865 on: Sep 24, 2009 at 07:53 PM »
Thanks guys for the helpful info re commercial quantity.  With online shopping, may competition na local stores natin..

Offline DVDMe

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #866 on: Sep 28, 2009 at 01:36 PM »
Hi guys,

from your experience, mga how many CDs ang 1lb. when shipping thru JAC? thanks..

Offline spidermanph

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #867 on: Sep 28, 2009 at 01:53 PM »
Ms. Aura, I sent you e-mail. I hope you can help me with my inquiry. Thanks.

Offline mandyb

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #868 on: Sep 28, 2009 at 06:09 PM »
With regard to my last shipment, I wrote a letter to Amazon that the recipient is a forwarder and could not pick-up the items from the Post Office. What the people from Amazon did was send another batch of the same items via UPS (1 day shipping!) and just requested for me to ask the forwarder to reject the items if USPS tries to reattempt delivery. I coordinated this with JAC and, true enough, UPS did reattempt deliver (I think after 2 days) which JAC rejected.

hi there, is it possible to give me the email address of amazon? Many thanks..

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #869 on: Sep 28, 2009 at 06:17 PM »
hi there, is it possible to give me the email address of amazon? Many thanks..

its in the website of amazon.. you can look for it there..