Author Topic: Johnny Air  (Read 393569 times)

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: Johnny Air
« Reply #930 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 08:44 PM »
Nesh, my order which was sent to JAC NJ was around Nov 22 too. Finally I got my package only today. I say after using JAC for more than 3 years, this incident was the third. Usually I got my package between 8-14 days. Sometimes we have to give them the benefit of doubt & be patient a bit esp now that it's peak season. Imagine JAC has thousands of clients & assuming 10% of them chasing & following up, there's no way JAC can respond efficiently given the circumstances. I'm sure they did their best.

Regret your unpleasant experience but for me, after 3 years of JAC, I think they have proven their good track record. It's just that no company or customer service is 100% consistent 365 days a year. Even at DHL, I had experienced far worse case.  :)

Same here, I've been using JAC for more than 2 years already and I've encountered same problems as others but I guess JAC still has a good track record for me.  I'm actually expecting some problems like delays this November and December because of the Xmas season.  Sometimes, its out of their control like this latest problem where the packages were offloaded in China (again).  My packages delivered to NJ on Dec 1 arrived earlier than my packages delivered to NJ on Nov 27.  So medyo patience lang.  Dadating din naman mga packages.  I have yet to encounter lost packages with JAC.
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2009 at 09:12 PM by oReOsHaKe »
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #931 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 08:57 PM »
I have yet to encounter lost packages with JAC.

Same here...over 3 years...not a single lost package. ;)

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #932 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 10:47 PM »
well, as they say crap happens, unfortunately for @nesh, it was his first transaction.  :-\

i have been using jac for 2 years, never experienced losses or even delays (lucky me!!!). after maybe my first two transactions, i actually dont even email or call them to ask if my package has arrived yet. before the two weeks pass, a text will inform me that my package is ready for pickup at their makati office.

anyway, hope @nesh will find a better option.

Offline Nesh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #933 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 11:34 PM »
iinas, pchin, oReOsHaKe,pchin...thanks for all your response and comments.

I just like to clear some stuff, this is actually my 3rd transaction with JAC and I have been a member for over a year now.

As I have said, I fully understand that it's peak season and delays are normal....what I just find unacceptable is getting no response to calls, emails and texts. That for me is unprofessional, I understand that they get tons of queries but hey they are already in this business for long, so they should have provided a solution to this problem. I don't think they only had this problem recently.

They may have tons of packages, but please note that Mr Erman only took few minutes to inform me that the packages are already there during my last phone call...he probably sensed that I was already disappointed chasing the sales people and not getting response and he just took the initiative to do it, I'm not even sure if it was his job....

My first transaction was almost same, although it was not of this magnitude, I had to chase them to know where the packages are.

Again, if it was just my personal DVDs, I really wouldnt care doing follow ups and will just wait for them to contact me, but these are somewhat expensive items I purchased from stores in US and I badly need to know where it is or when it is arriving in Manila.

If they said its going to be delayed for 1 month, I wouldnt even mind, at least I was given the time that I should expect it to arrive or at least they responded.

Hope you guys got my point here.....thanks :)

« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2009 at 11:42 PM by Nesh »

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #934 on: Dec 12, 2009 at 06:18 AM »
iinas, pchin, oReOsHaKe,pchin...thanks for all your response and comments.

I just like to clear some stuff, this is actually my 3rd transaction with JAC and I have been a member for over a year now.

As I have said, I fully understand that it's peak season and delays are normal....what I just find unacceptable is getting no response to calls, emails and texts. That for me is unprofessional, I understand that they get tons of queries but hey they are already in this business for long, so they should have provided a solution to this problem. I don't think they only had this problem recently.

They may have tons of packages, but please note that Mr Erman only took few minutes to inform me that the packages are already there during my last phone call...he probably sensed that I was already disappointed chasing the sales people and not getting response and he just took the initiative to do it, I'm not even sure if it was his job....

My first transaction was almost same, although it was not of this magnitude, I had to chase them to know where the packages are.

Again, if it was just my personal DVDs, I really wouldnt care doing follow ups and will just wait for them to contact me, but these are somewhat expensive items I purchased from stores in US and I badly need to know where it is or when it is arriving in Manila.

If they said its going to be delayed for 1 month, I wouldnt even mind, at least I was given the time that I should expect it to arrive or at least they responded.

Hope you guys got my point here.....thanks :)

clearly understand your point. although as i said, i have no problems with jac, i am actually testing another service. my package is in transit now. they are easy to talk to, if my package arrives on time and without hassle. i will post a thread here for reference. this one uses sea freight, so it does take a month.  ;)

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #935 on: Dec 12, 2009 at 07:59 AM »
if my package arrives on time and without hassle. i will post a thread here for reference. this one uses sea freight, so it does take a month.  ;)

Will wait for your feedback bro. ;)

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #936 on: Dec 12, 2009 at 01:45 PM »
finally got a text from JAC Mega. will pick up my package soon, delivered in NJ on Nov 25.
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline Nesh

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #937 on: Dec 13, 2009 at 12:35 AM »
iinas and everyone, glad to know you got your packages and nothing sort of crap happened to you guys.....

looking forward for your JAC alternative thread iinas...

have a nice day everyone...

Offline Nesh

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #938 on: Dec 13, 2009 at 12:48 AM »
I stumbled a possible JAC alternative.....just on another pinoydvd thread..

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=101764.0

http://www.my-shoppingbox.com/index.php

maybe it's better if we just discuss about this alternative sa thread na yun :).

Offline darth mond

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #939 on: Dec 17, 2009 at 12:39 AM »
Got the package that arrived last December 1 yesterday :).

Offline rain021

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #940 on: Dec 23, 2009 at 11:39 PM »
Who should I email to avail of the promo? Is it ok kung hindi DVD?

Offline hap-happyfeet

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #941 on: Jan 16, 2010 at 01:04 PM »
FedEx just delivered my package in JAC NY. I addressed it to AnalynD. I opted to have it delivered in NY instead of NJ since the merchant is charging the same cost of 2day shipping but no sales for both states. Since peak season is over im hoping i can get my package within the next  5days. It's just 1 lb including the FedEx box. Will post pictures and invoice breakdown after I got it. I'll be picking it up in Megamall.

Excited na ko!! :D

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #942 on: Jan 16, 2010 at 04:50 PM »
Who should I email to avail of the promo? Is it ok kung hindi DVD?

go to the first few pages of this thread and you will see the procedure on registering your name with them.

and yes, you can actually ship anything through them, of course the bigger the item the more expensive it gets. you can actually also choose their sea freight which is cheaper but you will have to wait longer for your item to arrive here in the philippines.

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2387
« Reply #943 on: Jan 16, 2010 at 07:18 PM »
The only problem I have now with Jac is their paying procedure, specified time to pick it up. The new scheme is you don't pay to the guys outside in the reception area. The people inside mismo (Myla, Leiden, etc.) will be the ones receiving the payment and giving your stuff. I kinda have a prob with this bec. I can't pick up my stuff ANYTIME anymore. For example today up to 1pm lang daw I can pick it up. Then tom (Sunday) there is no pickup. This is kinda a  hassle for me bec. I don't live near the area, I get off work 5pm (they close at 6pm), also have work and things to do on Saturday. It will be convenient if I can pick up my stuff on Sundays.

I think this is a big inconvenience and I hope they can sort this out and go back to the old system of payment with the guys outside in the reception area. Tuloy I can't enjoy my goods today ;D

Thanks

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #944 on: Jan 16, 2010 at 08:39 PM »
The only problem I have now with Jac is their paying procedure, specified time to pick it up. The new scheme is you don't pay to the guys outside in the reception area. The people inside mismo (Myla, Leiden, etc.) will be the ones receiving the payment and giving your stuff. I kinda have a prob with this bec. I can't pick up my stuff ANYTIME anymore. For example today up to 1pm lang daw I can pick it up. Then tom (Sunday) there is no pickup. This is kinda a  hassle for me bec. I don't live near the area, I get off work 5pm (they close at 6pm), also have work and things to do on Saturday. It will be convenient if I can pick up my stuff on Sundays.

I think this is a big inconvenience and I hope they can sort this out and go back to the old system of payment with the guys outside in the reception area. Tuloy I can't enjoy my goods today ;D

Thanks

wow, really sir raymond. lately i have been using seafreight from another provider so i have not gone back to jac since we last bump to each other there.

if this is the new scheme, then its a bit of a hassle indeed, since i usually pick up my stuff on sunday.

Offline Atticus

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Collector
  • In the end, only kindness matters.
  • Liked:
« Reply #945 on: Jan 17, 2010 at 08:14 PM »

Thanks

wow is this true? I just ordered from Amazon last week and had it routed to be delivered to the JAC office in NJ. I hope they would stop this scheme since my free time might not always coincide with their schedule. :(

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #946 on: Jan 18, 2010 at 03:47 PM »
wow, really sir raymond. lately i have been using seafreight from another provider so i have not gone back to jac since we last bump to each other there.

if this is the new scheme, then its a bit of a hassle indeed, since i usually pick up my stuff on sunday.

Hi sir iiinas, how are you? Ya I think this is their new scheme. I dunno if they just do this to me hehehe ;D But I think they do it to all. Let's wait for the others here to confirm. Pero so far its like that when I get my stuff :'(

wow is this true? I just ordered from Amazon last week and had it routed to be delivered to the JAC office in NJ. I hope they would stop this scheme since my free time might not always coincide with their schedule. :(

Hi sir, you may have to check just to make sure or lets wait for the others here to confirm, pero mine so far is like that :'(. The tough scheduling is really Saturday and Sunday, parang it became half day on Saturday and no pickup on Sunday. Thats pretty tough for my schedule. Hope they do something about this bec. so far JAC for me is still the best. ;D No hassle for me since I joined couple years ago. Great people ;). Actually can leave work a little early on weekdays bec. free sked naman, but of course its getting nakakahiya ;D to leave early hehe..

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #947 on: Jan 18, 2010 at 04:24 PM »
Its different here in Davao.  I can get my packages anytime.  On Sundays though close sila.  But sometimes open din if they are expecting some shipments.
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline coffeetiger

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #948 on: Jan 19, 2010 at 11:43 AM »

Thanks

+100x!

I had the same problem with my last package.  Sobrang hassle!  I had to come all the way from Laguna (on a Sunday) only to find out that they no longer allow payment at the reception area.  And since it's a Sunday, off si Myla.  Sayang lang yung toll and gasolina ko.  They didn't even notify me of this recent change in procedure.  Moreover, I can't pick up packages on weekdays because I am based in Laguna and I usually have work from Monday to Saturday.   This is really very very inconvenient for me.   >:(  >:(  >:(

Its different here in Davao.  I can get my packages anytime.  On Sundays though close sila.  But sometimes open din if they are expecting some shipments.

Buti pa si kayo sir oreo...   :'(

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #949 on: Jan 19, 2010 at 11:53 AM »
Hi sir iiinas, how are you? Ya I think this is their new scheme. I dunno if they just do this to me hehehe ;D But I think they do it to all. Let's wait for the others here to confirm. Pero so far its like that when I get my stuff :'(

Hi sir, you may have to check just to make sure or lets wait for the others here to confirm, pero mine so far is like that :'(. The tough scheduling is really Saturday and Sunday, parang it became half day on Saturday and no pickup on Sunday. Thats pretty tough for my schedule. Hope they do something about this bec. so far JAC for me is still the best. ;D No hassle for me since I joined couple years ago. Great people ;). Actually can leave work a little early on weekdays bec. free sked naman, but of course its getting nakakahiya ;D to leave early hehe..

Won't their Megamall branch be more convenient, since they are open everyday and for longer hours?

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #950 on: Jan 19, 2010 at 07:49 PM »
Raymond is right. It's true JAC has changed their schedule. As per Myla, the new schedule is:

Mon-Fri: 9am to 6pm
Sat: 9am to 1pm
Sun: Closed.

This will indeed inconvenient many customers. I'd suggest try to voice out the concern to Myla or Leiden & hopefully with enough complaints JAC will consider changing their work hours.  :-[

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #951 on: Jan 19, 2010 at 09:48 PM »
+100x!

I had the same problem with my last package.  Sobrang hassle!  I had to come all the way from Laguna (on a Sunday) only to find out that they no longer allow payment at the reception area.  And since it's a Sunday, off si Myla.  Sayang lang yung toll and gasolina ko.  They didn't even notify me of this recent change in procedure.  Moreover, I can't pick up packages on weekdays because I am based in Laguna and I usually have work from Monday to Saturday.   This is really very very inconvenient for me.   >:(  >:(  >:(

Sad to hear that maam..ya I had a close call ;D yesterday. I left around 5pm from my place and got there at exactly 6pm. I was doing some fast driving. ;D When I stepped out of my car I saw Myla walking pass my car. I called her and said I was gonna make a pickup. ;D She is nice enough to go back to the office and give me my stuff. Whew, I was sweating with relief ;D It's a good thing I saw her bec. there is no one left inside. My trip would have been a waste like yours. I don't like this new schedule of theirs. I hope Ms. Black will see/read our comments here and make things more convenient for us and revert back to the old way.

If they stick with this, I think its best to text them first and inform them you are coming. Especially near closing time.

Won't their Megamall branch be more convenient, since they are open everyday and for longer hours?

Megamall is too far for me. I don't want to go thru the ortigas traffic. Also I will end up spending more  ;D bec. I will be tempted to go to Astroplus there, eat, browse at sm appliance or Listening room ;D or watch a movie hehe

Raymond is right. It's true JAC has changed their schedule. As per Myla, the new schedule is:

Mon-Fri: 9am to 6pm
Sat: 9am to 1pm
Sun: Closed.

This will indeed inconvenient many customers. I'd suggest try to voice out the concern to Myla or Leiden & hopefully with enough complaints JAC will consider changing their work hours.  :-[

Ya Paul good idea. Lets do that. This is real tough imo.

Offline hap-happyfeet

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #952 on: Jan 21, 2010 at 03:15 PM »
I'm supposed to receive my shipment today. JAC NY shipped it out Jan 16 but upon calling JAC Mega they are not expecting any shipment for today.

I also called Makati office they they said that the airline was held off. Try ko nlng daw ulit tawag tom.

Makati is open every Sunday 9am-2pm and Mega of course is mall hours.

Anyway it's just been 5days, I was just excited because that's what's written in their email. :-[

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #953 on: Jan 21, 2010 at 03:30 PM »

Megamall is too far for me. I don't want to go thru the ortigas traffic. Also I will end up spending more  ;D bec. I will be tempted to go to Astroplus there, eat, browse at sm appliance or Listening room ;D or watch a movie hehe

Ah yes, you might end up spending more at mega haha  ;D

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #954 on: Jan 21, 2010 at 03:52 PM »
Makati is open every Sunday 9am-2pm....

Bro, you're not reading what other members are commenting about the new schedule eh... :-X

Offline hap-happyfeet

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #955 on: Jan 21, 2010 at 05:28 PM »
Bro, you're not reading what other members are commenting about the new schedule eh... :-X

Eh kasi kakatawag ko lng kanina. Open Makati every Sunday 9am-2pm. If you're just avail to pick up your item on a Sunday just give them a heads up so they can endorse your package to someone else.

My family is loyal to them bec of great customer service so I'm sure they could workaround with your availability just inform them beforehand of your situation.

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #956 on: Jan 21, 2010 at 06:46 PM »

Eh kasi kakatawag ko lng kanina. Open Makati every Sunday 9am-2pm. If you're just avail to pick up your item on a Sunday just give them a heads up so they can endorse your package to someone else.

The answer I got imply their office is totally closed on Sun, meaning no pick up. Don't get me wrong bro. It's great if we can still do pick up on Sun so long advance notification is given, I don't mind. JAC should able to convey or inform their regular customers about the "weekend pick up".

Raymond/MA, looks like our problem is solved. :)
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2010 at 06:49 PM by pchin »

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #957 on: Jan 21, 2010 at 07:09 PM »
Ok hopefully this solves it. But I think "somebody from the inside" is suppose to give you your stuff personally and collect your payment. Now the big question is "is there anybody from the inside" working on Sundays? There was one guy (I forgot the name) where Myla endorsed my stuff before. It was on a Saturday and I picked it up around 230pm ata. I called the guy and told him to wait for me  ;D Forgot his name. ??? ;D

Offline coffeetiger

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #958 on: Jan 21, 2010 at 11:21 PM »
Ok hopefully this solves it. But I think "somebody from the inside" is suppose to give you your stuff personally and collect your payment. Now the big question is "is there anybody from the inside" working on Sundays? There was one guy (I forgot the name) where Myla endorsed my stuff before. It was on a Saturday and I picked it up around 230pm ata. I called the guy and told him to wait for me  ;D Forgot his name. ??? ;D

Well yes, they are open on Sundays but only the reception area.. the ones from "the inside" are off duty.

I did talk to Leiden before about endorsing the package to someone working on Sundays so I can pick the item up from him/her.  I know I should've talked to Myla but Leiden's answer was firm.. they are sticking to the sched and the procedure.  So no endorsements for pick up on a Sunday.  Anyway,  I will try to talk again to Myla about it.  Sana pumayag...  ;D

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #959 on: Jan 22, 2010 at 08:02 AM »
I did talk to Leiden before about endorsing the package to someone working on Sundays so I can pick the item up from him/her.  I know I should've talked to Myla but Leiden's answer was firm.. they are sticking to the sched and the procedure.  So no endorsements for pick up on a Sunday.  Anyway,  I will try to talk again to Myla about it.  Sana pumayag...  ;D

Hmm...this is double standard na.  :-\ In my next incoming package I'll try to talk to Myla too.