Author Topic: Johnny Air  (Read 394766 times)

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Johnny Air
« Reply #210 on: Sep 25, 2004 at 02:48 PM »
As always, Hemisphere to the rescue! Thanks so much for your input  ;D

I'm just getting all the facts I can before I decide whether I should start this online ordering thing.. And like you said, once I do start it I'm afraid of losing control and maxing out (?) my credit before I know what hit me.. So I'm trying to weigh all the pros and cons first..  ;D

I think I'll hold off joining the STL until I'm sure of my purchase. Since there's only a limited number of coupons that can be handed out, unfair naman to those who use them actively if I take up space without using it. But it's certainly something to think about..  ;D

Bro once you start the STL from amazon....there's no stopping...he-he-he.....just order the gift sets or the limited edtions para sulit..... :)

Offline JhunDV

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Good old-fashioned lover boy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #211 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 04:43 PM »
Has anyone tried ordering LOTR FOTR or TTT gift sets from Amazon through JAC? How many pounds was the weight? or how much did you pay to JAC? Thanks.  :)
Panny 50VT30 - Onkyo 818 - Polk  RTiA5/CSiA6/FXiA4/DSWPro550 - MEDE8ER 1000x3D - Synology DS413j

Offline AICRAG

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Do unto others before they do unto you
  • Liked:
« Reply #212 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 04:49 PM »
OKs nga JAC!   bought some cds and used them....4 working days nasa greenbelt office na!!! bilis...oks din si Leiden!
ang prob ko iyong shipper...over declared ang package.....I ended up paying $5 more for the extra 1 pound declaration...pero over all oks JAC...
will just need to choose proper shipper para di misdeclared....
Toshiba 55XL700,Dali Ikon 6,Vokal2 MKII,Cayin CD-50T,Ecosse 2.3,IXOS Coax, HK AVR340, NAD 320BEE

Offline Y_meeh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • I want adventure in the great wide somewhere-belle
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 07:14 PM »
Has anyone tried ordering LOTR FOTR or TTT gift sets from Amazon through JAC? How many pounds was the weight? or how much did you pay to JAC? Thanks.  :)

Found this somewhere: TTT giftset is approximately 3.418 pounds plus the box so that would be roughly 4 pounds..s
Lyf seems a succession of busy nothings - Austen

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: Oct 08, 2004 at 07:44 PM »
hi...

I suggest that you do not compute using the weight rate since LOTR Boxset is bigger than the usual dvd package. therefore, JAC would compute using volume weight average..  :)

Offline JhunDV

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: Oct 11, 2004 at 01:26 AM »
Thanks, Y_meeh and hemisphere1234!  :)
Panny 50VT30 - Onkyo 818 - Polk  RTiA5/CSiA6/FXiA4/DSWPro550 - MEDE8ER 1000x3D - Synology DS413j

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #216 on: Oct 21, 2004 at 01:03 PM »
hi guys, im planning to order my first purchase no amazon this december and i also want to try JAC. sabi niyo may discount ang members dito? how can i prove that  ;D

im from makati so i'll just have to drop by the greenbelt office. can you give me an idea of how much does it cost using JAC? also, LOTR Trilogy and 24 season1 ang gusto ko sanang i-order. if preorder ba, ma-charge ba ako kaagad? or only on december 14? thanks!
« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2004 at 01:07 PM by RNIverson »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #217 on: Nov 09, 2004 at 01:27 AM »
bumping for pchin230371    ;)

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • squeeze meee !!! quack quack
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: Nov 09, 2004 at 08:35 AM »
hi guys, im planning to order my first purchase no amazon this december and i also want to try JAC. sabi niyo may discount ang members dito? how can i prove that  ;D

im from makati so i'll just have to drop by the greenbelt office. can you give me an idea of how much does it cost using JAC? also, LOTR Trilogy and 24 season1 ang gusto ko sanang i-order. if preorder ba, ma-charge ba ako kaagad? or only on december 14? thanks!

You don't have to present anything to Johnny Air to prove na pinoydvd member ka ( it would be nice to have a pinoydvd membership card though  :) ).  Just go to their greenbelt office and look for Leiden and tell her that you want to set up an account with them and tell her na pinoydvd member ka.

If you're ordering from Amazon, from my experience, 3 single disc dvds would cost around P600.00 sa JAC.  It will depend pa on how amazon packs your dvds kasi if they use a big box, siyempre dagdag yon sa weight ng shipment mo therefore making it more expensive ( hindi pa naman nangyayari sa akin yon when it comes to dvds ). . . Never tried ordering 4 single disc dvds though so if you have plenty of money... try mo nalang if you don't mind being charged extra ;D malay mo, for 4 single disc dvds P600.00 pa din pala charge nila eh di very good di ba  ;D

With pre-orders naman, never tried pre-ordering so i can't help you with that.  They normally have a help thingie in amazon and you can look it up there kung kelan nila charge yung card mo.  Good Luck  :)
"Life is a work of art, designed by the one who lives it."

Offline cherubrock

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: Nov 12, 2004 at 04:44 PM »
Or, as a tip you might want to consolidate your purchases with another member and then paghatian niyo na lang yung charges accordingly, di ba diver;) I still haven't figured out if JAC uses weight or volume (or both) to compute for charges, pero di ba si Y_Meeh was able to order 4 titles from dvdempire and got charged less than P600? But then again dvdempire's packaging is more compact so maybe it has something to do with Amazon using bulkier boxes too..  ;D

Diver, try mo naman one of these days ordering 4 titles o, hehehe..  >:D Or maybe someone else has done it?  ;D

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #220 on: Nov 17, 2004 at 02:48 PM »
Hi guys, has Johnny Air email [email protected] changed na? I keep getting bounced emails. Pls advise. Their phone numbers seem to be always bc. Will try again later. Tnx

Offline JhunDV

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #221 on: Nov 17, 2004 at 03:05 PM »
^ [email protected]

just omit the hyphen.  :)

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #222 on: Nov 17, 2004 at 03:58 PM »
^ [email protected] just omit the hyphen.  :)

Ai no wonder keep on trying but futile. OK noted JhunDV, tnx  ;)
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2004 at 03:59 PM by pchin »

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 512
« Reply #223 on: Nov 22, 2004 at 11:53 AM »
This has probably been answered before but I'll ask again anyway.

I'm planning to order a few DVD's for Christmas. I'd like to ask that someone please enumerate how I can go about ordering it through Johnny Air without having to pay the hefty Customs Tax.

Could someone also tell me how much it costs to SEND stuff through Johnny Air? The website does not include the shipping prices. Thank you.

Offline YAB

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #224 on: Nov 22, 2004 at 02:00 PM »
Dear Klause,

Please send me your e-mail adrress to [email protected]. I will send you the info of rates & procedures.

Thanks.... Leiden
tel.# 817-2989 or 812-4702

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • squeeze meee !!! quack quack
  • Liked:
« Reply #225 on: Nov 22, 2004 at 04:05 PM »
Dear Klause,

Please send me your e-mail adrress to [email protected]. I will send you the info of rates & procedures.

Thanks.... Leiden
tel.# 817-2989 or 812-4702

Leids !!!! Welcome to the site ... uhmmm kung ikaw nga ito  :)  Sorry I missed you sa Grand EB.  Maybe next time .... kung kelan man yon  ;D  I'll just see you sa greenbelt, for sure, before Xmas.  God bless and thank you for always being there for us  :-*
"Life is a work of art, designed by the one who lives it."

Offline mr. clay

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #226 on: Nov 22, 2004 at 05:09 PM »
does johnny air have an office in the rizal area?

Offline YAB

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #227 on: Nov 22, 2004 at 06:28 PM »
We don't have an office within Rizal but our JAC-Megamall office is the nearest.  We gave out brochures during your EB,  at the back is a partial list of JAC offices (partial since we opened 2 more offices recently in Naga City and Cagayan De Oro City). 

Offline toyfanatic

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • "ExEpTiOnAl ClArItY"
  • Liked:
« Reply #228 on: Nov 22, 2004 at 06:41 PM »

wow, si ms leiden...pinoydvd member na rin...congrats

Offline Steam

• Collector
  • Trust me, it's not a pretty sight.
  • Liked:
« Reply #229 on: Nov 25, 2004 at 10:36 AM »
I was able to meet Aura and Leiden last Saturday at the EB.  It was nice meeting you both!  :)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #230 on: Jan 28, 2005 at 06:51 PM »
bumping for jeckjeck.. :)

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #231 on: Jan 28, 2005 at 07:02 PM »
bumping for jeckjeck.. :)

thanks! sent an e-mail to Aura... I NEED JAC for my  AVP GIFT SET!!!

Offline Chet

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #232 on: Feb 03, 2005 at 03:04 PM »
Sent them an e-mail. No response.  Are they still in business?  ::)
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2005 at 03:04 PM by Chet »

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #233 on: Feb 03, 2005 at 07:07 PM »
yes they are... try calling them first at 8124702 - look for Leiden or Aura  ;D

Offline techhead

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #234 on: Apr 17, 2005 at 02:02 PM »
Have their rates changed?  i told them I was a new Pinoydvd member and the discounted rates that were mailed to me were $6.50 per pound and $10.00 for the handling. :o from reading this thread I thought the discounted rate was $5.50 and $5.00 for the handling?  I'll try going to the JAC office this coming week and hopefully I can talk to Ms. Leiden.  Of course, if these are really the new rates then maybe you guys can save me a trafficked trip.  :)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #235 on: Apr 17, 2005 at 02:38 PM »
have you spoken with leiden on the phone? make sure you supply them with your nick so they can check.

:)

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #236 on: Apr 17, 2005 at 05:10 PM »
I just had a book from Amazon shipped last week and the rate used was the Pinoydvd member rate
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2005 at 05:05 AM by jeckjeck »

Offline Artemis

• Collector
  • "but perhaps, to love someone you can't have...
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: Apr 18, 2005 at 12:35 AM »
Have their rates changed?  i told them I was a new Pinoydvd member and the discounted rates that were mailed to me were $6.50 per pound and $10.00 for the handling. :o from reading this thread I thought the discounted rate was $5.50 and $5.00 for the handling?  I'll try going to the JAC office this coming week and hopefully I can talk to Ms. Leiden.  Of course, if these are really the new rates then maybe you guys can save me a trafficked trip.  :)

nope they haven't. i just picked up a package earlier today.... i was charged at member rate - $5.50 and $5.00.
is a wound only death can heal..."   - Orpheus

Offline techhead

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #238 on: Apr 19, 2005 at 02:27 AM »
Went to their office today.  All I have to say is wow.  I applaud them for their friendliness and willingness to help!  Bad timing that I arrived 5 minutes after a corrective email was sent but at least I got to meet them.  Twas surely a pleasure.  Thanks aura and leiden for the rate and for your help!! They've got my vote. :D

Offline bunkieboy

• DVD Guru
  • WHAT'S YOUR DYSFUNCTION?
  • Liked:
« Reply #239 on: May 05, 2005 at 10:43 PM »
do they still have a website? the old one seems to have disappeared. was trying to get their phone number in new york