Author Topic: Johnny Air  (Read 393508 times)

Offline phobia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Johnny Air
« Reply #420 on: Dec 21, 2007 at 09:48 PM »
I recently purchased an item from hongkong and used the address of JAC's hongkong office but when I checked the hongkong post (they give you a tracking number) they said..

"The item was tendered for delivery on 21-Dec-2007 without success because the addressee was not at the address indicated
or addressee's office was closed."

Now I'm really worried if I still can get my package. Anyone hada similar experience like this with JAC?

Offline jegiwong

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #421 on: Dec 24, 2007 at 06:33 PM »
I haven't used Johnny Air for quite some time already. Maybe, more than 2 years. I remembered that they hade sent e-mail advising me about some documentation requirement from US Government. Need to fill it up for each shipment. Is there such requirement now? Thanks!

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #422 on: Dec 24, 2007 at 06:42 PM »
I haven't used Johnny Air for quite some time already. Maybe, more than 2 years. I remembered that they hade sent e-mail advising me about some documentation requirement from US Government. Need to fill it up for each shipment. Is there such requirement now? Thanks!

You just need to fill up the documentation requirements once..
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline jegiwong

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #423 on: Dec 24, 2007 at 06:53 PM »
Thanks oreoshake for your very quick reply. My DVD shopping has been slowing down for quite some time. Now, Amazon always has that Buy One Get One promo pop up once in awhile. It is hard to resist. Though, I am still thinking of the timing to buy PS3. :D

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #424 on: Dec 25, 2007 at 11:58 PM »
It's my first time to use JAC's services and because I've read so many positive feedbacks here, I went ahead and used their hongkong address as my shipping address, but now I'm not sure anymore if I'm going to use them in the future.

Sent several txt messages and emails to JAC but it seems they're ignoring me.
I have no way of getting my package from the hongkong post office because when they delivered it to the address of JAC's honkong office, they said it was closed. Now my package is at the post office of HK and I don't know what to do or if I have a change of getting it. :(

I guess HK PO will deliver it to JAC HK once it is open. 
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #425 on: Dec 26, 2007 at 09:20 AM »
It's my first time to use JAC's services and because I've read so many positive feedbacks here, I went ahead and used their hongkong address as my shipping address, but now I'm not sure anymore if I'm going to use them in the future.

Sent several txt messages and emails to JAC but it seems they're ignoring me.
I have no way of getting my package from the hongkong post office because when they delivered it to the address of JAC's honkong office, they said it was closed. Now my package is at the post office of HK and I don't know what to do or if I have a change of getting it. :(

JAC has always been very responsive, even during holidays and weekends. Try calling Aura Black. 0917 828 0788
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline phobia

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #426 on: Dec 26, 2007 at 12:14 PM »
What if the hongkong post office won't re-deliver my parcel to their address? Can JAC's personnel get the parcel from the post office? I contacted the online shop where I made the purchase and they said that maybe I could send someone I know to the post office to get the parcel for me, but the problem is, I don't know anyone from hongkong. Sheesh, what a hassle this purchase gave me. :(

I checked the tracking of my parcel again at the website of hongkong post. Still the same message...

The item (#######) was tendered for delivery on 21-Dec-2007 without success because the addressee was not at the address indicated or addressee's office was closed.
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2007 at 12:17 PM by phobia »

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #427 on: Dec 26, 2007 at 12:21 PM »
What if the hongkong post office won't re-deliver my parcel? Will JAC's personnel get the parcel from the post office?
I checked the tracking of my parcel again at the website of hongkong post and still the same message.

If the parcel is not delivered because the recipient's address was wrong, then the parcel will be returned to the merchant and you will get a refund then.  Ang alam ko may format ang pagpagdala ng package from the merchant to any JAC branch be it in HK, NY or California.  The main recipient of the package should be the one in charge sa JAC and not your name so that he can receive the package and then he will then send the package to your address as registered in your account with them.  Something like this:

JOHNNY AIR CARGO
c/o JET CREUS / your name
(PinoyDVD)
69-04 Roosevelt Avenue
Woodside, NY 11377
Mobile # +1917 892-47-04
               +1516 385-05-13
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2007 at 12:22 PM by oreoshake »

Offline phobia

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #428 on: Dec 26, 2007 at 02:47 PM »
Yes, I followed that format. Kaya I was wondering bakit hindi nadeliver ng hongkong post office sa JAC address.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #429 on: Dec 26, 2007 at 02:56 PM »
Yes, I followed that format. Kaya I was wondering bakit hindi nadeliver ng hongkong post office sa JAC address.

I guess kung hindi madeliver ng HK PO, the package will just be returned to the sender (merchant) and you get a refund.  Or the PO will again try to deliver the package to JAC hoping that its open na and the recipient at JAC is available.

Offline phobia

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #430 on: Dec 27, 2007 at 09:22 PM »
More bad news for me. The hongkong post office refused to re-deliver the parcel. They only left a "green card" notice for it to be picked up by the addressee. Now I'm emailing JAC if they could send their staff in hongkong to pick up the parcel for me because I don't know anyone from hongkong. Still waiting for JAC to reply.

*sigh*

Offline arncyn

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #431 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 08:59 PM »
Hi, am a newbie in this forum. I've been shopping for DVDs from Amazon (R1) and Sendit (R2) for years but a recent (traumatic!) post office experience has led me to search for shipping alternatives. This thread on JAC caught my eye. I've read thru most of the pages and, apologies if this has been asked before but I didn't have time to read everything, my question is will they consolidate orders so I can save on shipping cost?

And for those who've used US Mailbox, USA2Me, Access USA, etc -- can you please tell me what the advantages (and disadvantages) these services have over JAC and vice versa?  ???

Thanks!

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #432 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 10:13 PM »
Hi, am a newbie in this forum. I've been shopping for DVDs from Amazon (R1) and Sendit (R2) for years but a recent (traumatic!) post office experience has led me to search for shipping alternatives. This thread on JAC caught my eye. I've read thru most of the pages and, apologies if this has been asked before but I didn't have time to read everything, my question is will they consolidate orders so I can save on shipping cost?

And for those who've used US Mailbox, USA2Me, Access USA, etc -- can you please tell me what the advantages (and disadvantages) these services have over JAC and vice versa?  ???

Thanks!

They consolidate orders yata for an additional fee..

Offline e e n $ y !

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #433 on: Jan 12, 2008 at 06:21 AM »
we're planning on buying a high chair for my son. was able to see some brands on clearance @ amazon but i think it would cost me a lot on shipping  ??? how much do u think? please advice!
LiFe IsN't EaSy BuT
yOu CaN aLwAyS cHoOsE tO bE hApPy!!!

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #434 on: Jan 12, 2008 at 09:31 AM »
we're planning on buying a high chair for my son. was able to see some brands on clearance @ amazon but i think it would cost me a lot on shipping  ??? how much do u think? please advice!

I suggest you forget that idea. JAC will charge you either by weight or by volume (this is the same way that they are charged by the airlines). If the item is bulky (such as in the case of a chair), you will be charged by volume and it will be a lot.

Offline Full HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #435 on: Jan 12, 2008 at 12:22 PM »
JAC has always been very responsive, even during holidays and weekends. Try calling Aura Black. 0917 828 0788
I Agree. Service of JAC is first rate. I ordered a 133" Da-lite screen and ship via JAC. It was a long cargo but they manage to bring it in. VERY  RECOMMENDED CO.!!!! 
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2008 at 12:22 PM by Ernie »

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #436 on: Jan 12, 2008 at 11:12 PM »
I Agree. Service of JAC is first rate. I ordered a 133" Da-lite screen and ship via JAC. It was a long cargo but they manage to bring it in. VERY  RECOMMENDED CO.!!!! 

Oh... Nice! Big screen! Congrats!  ;D

Offline Full HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #437 on: Jan 12, 2008 at 11:16 PM »
Oh... Nice! Big screen! Congrats!  ;D
Thanks! Streetsmart for the info you shared. I got JAC to ship a Cinema Contour Fix screen. Length is 130" and they have no problem bringing it in. Again Thanks Streetsmart.

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #438 on: Jan 12, 2008 at 11:20 PM »
Thanks! Streetsmart for the info you shared. I got JAC to ship a Cinema Contour Fix screen. Length is 130" and they have no problem bringing it in. Again Thanks Streetsmart.

You're welcome!

The good thing about a screen is that you are sure it will work when it gets here, unlike electronics. Ergo, no warranty problem. And the landed price, for me, was half what local dealers quoted.  ;D

Offline sweetmisery

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #439 on: Jan 16, 2008 at 02:25 AM »
Hello guys. Im from Cebu, Ill be using JAC soon for my Amazon orders. Say Im ordering 10 Blu-ray movies, ilang pounds estimate nyo? Especially to those who tried. 10 - all seperate,  not a box set or something.

THANKS!

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #440 on: Jan 16, 2008 at 08:58 AM »
For my experience of 10 movies & above in a single box...total weight is btw 3-4 lb.   

My advice: It's better to combine & group all your purchases into one box or as few as possible ("average cost per unit" law). If you order 10 movies in 10 separate boxes, then you will have to pay 10 times of handling fee not to mentioned the minimal amount charged by JAC. :)

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #441 on: Jan 16, 2008 at 10:15 AM »
For my experience of 10 movies & above in a single box...total weight is btw 3-4 lb.   

My advice: It's better to combine & group all your purchases into one box or as few as possible ("average cost per unit" law). If you order 10 movies in 10 separate boxes, then you will have to pay 10 times of handling fee not to mentioned the minimal amount charged by JAC. :)

The problem is that many times, Amazon will send the DVD's in several batches, especially if they will come from different warehouses. If they don't all arrive on the same day, JAC may ship the DVD's in several batches as well.

The only way I can think of to avoid that is to use 2-day shipping or become an Amazon Prime member so that you get free 2-day shipping. Or just pray.  :)

Offline sweetmisery

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #442 on: Jan 16, 2008 at 05:33 PM »
What does it need to be an Amazon Prime member?

And ang 2 day shipping to JAC NY offices mga magkano? Kasi normal shipping for now is free beyond $35.

Cant you just request them to send them in 1 box?

THANKS!

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #443 on: Jan 16, 2008 at 05:49 PM »
The problem is that many times, Amazon will send the DVD's in several batches, especially if they will come from different warehouses. If they don't all arrive on the same day, JAC may ship the DVD's in several batches as well.

The only way I can think of to avoid that is to use 2-day shipping or become an Amazon Prime member so that you get free 2-day shipping. Or just pray.  :)

That's true. To avoid multiple shipments from Amazon, I usually buy all the items under the same seller & make sure the items are available (in stock). No pre-order items. :) So far so good except occassionally where stocks ran out, thus I had to wait & resulted in two shipments. I'm an Amazon Prime member, recently also got two separate shipments due to "no stock"...guess "praying" is a must. ;D

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #444 on: Jan 16, 2008 at 06:03 PM »
What does it need to be an Amazon Prime member?

And ang 2 day shipping to JAC NY offices mga magkano? Kasi normal shipping for now is free beyond $35.

Cant you just request them to send them in 1 box?

THANKS!

To be Amazon Prime member, you need to pay something like $65, but you get free 2-day shipping for a year.

To find out how much the 2-day shipping will cost, just click on that option when you start paying. You can always undo that if its too expensive.

You can't really request Amazon to send it in 1 box.

Offline sweetmisery

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #445 on: Jan 16, 2008 at 06:07 PM »
BIG THANKS streetsmart! Ill consider all that, for now, gotta go to work and earn some money for BR movies. lol

Offline sweetmisery

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #446 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 05:58 AM »
By the way, cant I ask JAC to wait for all my shipments from Amazon to arrive(in case more than one package) before sending it here in the Philippines?

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #447 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 06:36 AM »
By the way, cant I ask JAC to wait for all my shipments from Amazon to arrive(in case more than one package) before sending it here in the Philippines?

I think that people have tried that out in the past and it's very hard to coordinate. Keep in mind that there must be a lot of packages being received at their NY office and JAC is not a really big company. Konti lang sila dun. Its a bit difficult to make these special requests.

But you can try.

Offline sweetmisery

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #448 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 10:36 AM »
I think that people have tried that out in the past and it's very hard to coordinate. Keep in mind that there must be a lot of packages being received at their NY office and JAC is not a really big company. Konti lang sila dun. Its a bit difficult to make these special requests.

But you can try.

Oh ok. THANKS!

Anyway I just called the Cebu branch, they said its $8 per pound and $10 handling fee. Did they have a rate adjustment? Can I confirm this?

And about being a pinoydvd member, is it for anywhere in the Philippines?

Offline Marl☆1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #449 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 10:48 AM »
Oh ok. THANKS!

Anyway I just called the Cebu branch, they said its $8 per pound and $10 handling fee. Did they have a rate adjustment? Can I confirm this?

And about being a pinoydvd member, is it for anywhere in the Philippines?

They seem to have a different rate in Cebu - maybe because of the internal stock transfers?  Am not sure best you clarify with them directly.  Per my conversation with Aura last start of the week, current rate for Manila is $6 / lb (recently increased from $5.5 due to upgrades) and 5$ handling - just for reference.  Hope this helps.