Author Topic: Johnny Air  (Read 393524 times)

Offline sweetmisery

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Johnny Air
« Reply #450 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 10:53 AM »
Ah ok. I text one of their workers to clarify. Thanks! But dang... $4 more! And another $5 for handling.
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2008 at 10:54 AM by sweetmisery »

Offline phobia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #451 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 01:57 PM »
update: I'm now going to have to eat my words... :(

Here's my story..

I purchased several items (toy figures to be exact) on ebay and on some online stores and the total amount I have to pay (inlcuding shipping it to JAC's office in honkong and newyork) is around P6-7k.

Now when I saw the invoice JAC is billing me it's around P15k+! I was very shocked!  :o

The supplier shipped me a 14 lbs box then when it came out on JAC's invoice it jumped to 27 lbs!
I asked them why it jumped to that price and they said it's because of the airline fees that were passed on to me. :( 

Bottomline is meron palang mga hidden fees which i didn't know beforehand.

Now, I have to pay them triple the price of the items I bought. This experience led me to the decision to never buy online again as it's my very first time to purchase something online has left me completely traumatized. :(

geez

Well, to be fair, mabait kausap si ms. aura.
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2008 at 03:07 PM by phobia »

Offline sweetmisery

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #452 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 02:57 PM »

Here's my story..

I purchased several items (toy figures to be exact) on ebay and on some online stores and the total amount I have to pay (inlcuding shipping it to JAC's office in honkong and newyork) is around P6-7k.

Now when I saw the invoice JAC is billing me it's around P15k+! I was very shocked!  :o

The supplier shipped me a 14 lbs box then when it came out on JAC's invoice it jumped to 27 lbs!
I asked them why it jumped to that price and they said it's because of the airline fees that were passed on to me. :( 

Now, I have to pay them triple the price of the items I bought. This experience led me to the decision to never buy online again as it is my very first time to purchase something online. I am now completely traumatized. :(

geez

Oh sorry to hear that. But if its 27 lbs., it should still be around 7k, why 15k?! 27 X 6 = 162 + 5 = 167 X 42 = 7,014.

So will you still get it? I think its not JAC's fault, I think the sellers charged the shipping collect.

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #453 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 03:23 PM »

Here's my story..

Now, I have to pay them triple the price of the items I bought. This experience led me to the decision to never buy online again as it's my very first time to purchase something online has left me completely traumatized. :(

geez

It might have been a bulky item. The airlines will charge you either by actual weight or by "volume-adjusted weight" or something like that anyway, and JAC will pass on the charges to us. It's not a hidden charge.

Bottom-line is that if the item is voluminous, they will charge you more than the actual weight. But you can't blame JAC for that. That's the way the airlines charge them, and it makes sense.

That also happened to me when Amazon shipped me an item and put the box inside a bigger box. I got charged double the weight. Kasi naging very bulky.
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline sweetmisery

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #454 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 04:47 PM »
It might have been a bulky item. The airlines will charge you either by actual weight or by "volume-adjusted weight" or something like that anyway, and JAC will pass on the charges to us. It's not a hidden charge.

Bottom-line is that if the item is voluminous, they will charge you more than the actual weight. But you can't blame JAC for that. That's the way the airlines charge them, and it makes sense.

That also happened to me when Amazon shipped me an item and put the box inside a bigger box. I got charged double the weight. Kasi naging very bulky.

I just hope di yun nangyari sa mga BR/DVDs na orders huh?

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #455 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 07:52 PM »
I just hope di yun nangyari sa mga BR/DVDs na orders huh?

No, it happened only with electronic equipment.

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #456 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 08:34 PM »
Here's my story..

Did JAC also explained how did this happened? How big was your toys? You mentioned several toy figs and other stuff, do you think all the items you bought is only 14lbs? Because if you do, you can contest on this. Unless the actual landing weight is really 27lbs.

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #457 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 09:14 PM »

You were charged by volume weight.

From JAC's Terms & Conditions:

3. Chargeable weight shall be based on volume or actual weight,  which ever is greater.
                            The formula for volume weight is:
                            L x W x H (inches) / 166 = volume weight in lbs.
                            and:  Lx W x H (inches) / 366 = volume weight in kg

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #458 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 09:32 PM »
You were charged by volume weight.

True, previously I order some statues. Tho not heavy but due to the huge boxes, I was charged very high.

For small items like DVDs, CDs, etc it's cheaper.

Offline sweetmisery

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #459 on: Jan 18, 2008 at 12:05 AM »
How about headphones? Do you guys think its ok or baka may additional?

Amazon says its 1 lb.

Offline e e n $ y !

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #460 on: Jan 19, 2008 at 08:33 AM »
I suggest you forget that idea. JAC will charge you either by weight or by volume (this is the same way that they are charged by the airlines). If the item is bulky (such as in the case of a chair), you will be charged by volume and it will be a lot.

really? just thought it will be folded so i don't think it will cost a lot! thanks though sir!
LiFe IsN't EaSy BuT
yOu CaN aLwAyS cHoOsE tO bE hApPy!!!

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #461 on: Jan 19, 2008 at 11:42 AM »
Be careful when ordering big objects such as audio/video gears. The shipping dimension advertised on the website may not be the actual size but maybe 2x actually.  One recommendation is to have the item shipped to a relative or friend in the US then have them take out the actual item from the big box and just ship the item with its original box to JAC.  It is safe to ship the item with its original box anyway because of the styro inside and usually JAC would consider your item as a fragile item. 
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline Marl☆1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #462 on: Jan 19, 2008 at 11:54 AM »
Be careful when ordering big objects such as audio/video gears. The shipping dimension advertised on the website may not be the actual size but maybe 2x actually.  One recommendation is to have the item shipped to a relative or friend in the US then have them take out the actual item from the big box and just ship the item with its original box to JAC.  It is safe to ship the item with its original box anyway because of the styro inside and usually JAC would consider your item as a fragile item. 

Very sound advice.   ;)

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #463 on: Jan 29, 2008 at 12:23 AM »
Just picked up this lunch time from Megamall my first Amazon package coursed thru JAC. All I can say is, the service is rewarding. I also believe it's much cheaper than to use Amazon's standard international shipping method right now. Anyway, for the benefit of those who want to try JAC, I'll state my first order as an example:

- The item I ordered is Spider-man - The High Definition Trilogy
- I was hopefully expecting that the item plus the shipment box will be under 1 lbs. Well, it's not. It was stated on the JAC statement of account registering 2 lbs. JAC Megamall's personnel is kind enough to weigh the package in front of me and voila! It's 1.05 lbs. Ok! ok! I'm not sourgraping or something, but they charge $5.5/lbs, so had I speculated it more accurately, I should have added 1 more disc to maximize the rate against the weight.  ;D
- At the time my package reached JAC here in Manila, the current exchange rate they applied is P43.40 per $1. Not bad!!!
- The total amount I paid JAC is P694.40. Breakdown? Weight (2lbs) x Rate ($5.50) plus $5.00 handling fee, then multiplied with current exchange rate of P43.40. So, it's $16 to be exact. As for the discount applied, I'm not sure if I had to post it here, but they excluded one charge from the list of charges.

+1 on Radicaldude's experience above...  :-\ Just got my Spidey trilogy from Jac this afternoon.  Total cost was around P700+.  I reckon 2lbs x $6 (recent increase) + $5 handling x P41+ exchange.  Again, the learning here is the maximize your package.  Amazon actually split my order into two given that this Spidey BD was coming from a diff warehouse.  Thus, my other BD orders were separated.  Anyway, at least I got the package safe and sound.  Many thanks JAC (Aura / Leiden and JR).  ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2008 at 12:24 AM by Marl_1 »

Offline sweetmisery

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #464 on: Jan 29, 2008 at 10:10 PM »
Im still waiting for my orders, Spidey Trilogy + Pirates 2, 3 + Highschool Musical 2 + 3:10 to Yuma + iphone headphones. Total weight is 3 pounds, but maybe its more than that if JAC will round it up.

Use 2 day shipping(esp if youre a PRIME member) so it will be in 1 package. Though the price difference wont be much since youll be paying for the 2 day shipping fee. The only advantage is that its 1 package only thus its less worries.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #465 on: Jan 29, 2008 at 10:33 PM »
+1 on Radicaldude's experience above...  :-\ Just got my Spidey trilogy from Jac this afternoon.  Total cost was around P700+.  I reckon 2lbs x $6 (recent increase) + $5 handling x P41+ exchange.  Again, the learning here is the maximize your package.  Amazon actually split my order into two given that this Spidey BD was coming from a diff warehouse.  Thus, my other BD orders were separated.  Anyway, at least I got the package safe and sound.  Many thanks JAC (Aura / Leiden and JR).  ;)

Minimum weight pala is 2 lbs.  So even if your package is less than 1 lb, it is still calculated as 2 lbs.  Just knew bout it just recently from JAC Davao.
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #466 on: Jan 29, 2008 at 11:14 PM »
Minimum weight pala is 2 lbs.  So even if your package is less than 1 lb, it is still calculated as 2 lbs.  Just knew bout it just recently from JAC Davao.

Hey thanks for bringing that up - lesson learned guys.  ;)   Haven't checked it out yet, but for packages above the minimum of 2lbs, am assuming that for any fraction of a pound, they automatically round upwards cause they're adopting a flat per-lb rate.  For instance if a package weighs 3.2 lbs they would round it up to 4lbs and multiply it with the flat rate of $6 correct?
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2008 at 12:20 AM by Marl_1 »

Offline darkwing

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #467 on: Jan 30, 2008 at 12:10 AM »
thats correct 3.2 = 4

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #468 on: Jan 30, 2008 at 12:21 AM »
hah!  that's good business for you.  capitalism at its finest  ;)

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #469 on: Jan 30, 2008 at 08:24 AM »
Agree! They round it up... even if the fraction is just 0.05. It happened to me 3 times already. You wouldn't know it unless you request them to weigh your package in front of you.
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #470 on: Jan 30, 2008 at 09:34 AM »
To be fair, I suspect that the carriers also round up when they charge their fees, so JAC is just passing that on to us.

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #471 on: Jan 30, 2008 at 02:35 PM »
True, I have no issue with it - minimal absolute values we're talking about here anyway; 'common' business practice even.  Just like I have no issue with pay parking systems here in the metro where they charge you a full hour if you step 1 minute outside the hourly prescribed periods.  :)

Likewise JAC has extended a number of favors already for PDVD, and these intangibles more than counterbalance things.  Aura and her team are very supportive and easy to talk to with regards to our 'valuable' shipments!  ;)

Offline Grandpoobah

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • Mwahaha- talo kayo!
  • Liked:
« Reply #472 on: Feb 05, 2008 at 06:59 PM »
Good to hear your wonderful experience with JAC reeves24. :)

Wow...P2,500 fee for a $5 item?  :o How big was the item or to be exact what was the item? I supposed you can try to reapply again provided JAC can't recognise you or assuming you're using a different name/address, etc.

I've been using JAC for more than 2 years na. Not a single complaint or lost package.  ;)

This item is a loose 7 inch toy. The box is huge (2x the size of a shoebox - probably packed with styrofoams).

Offline sweetmisery

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #473 on: Feb 08, 2008 at 02:15 AM »
Got my first experience of JAC earlier. Great service. I paid 1.1k+... Not bad at all! Looking forward to do business with them more.

Offline wilan

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #474 on: Feb 11, 2008 at 05:19 PM »
Hi,

I would like to purchase the Onkyo TX-SR605 from Amazon.  It has this info on its production page:

Product Dimensions: 14.2 x 17.1 x 6.9 inches ; 40 pounds
Shipping Weight: 31 pounds

Which figure above will be used by JAC to compute for the shipping rate?  Or would they use the above figure at all?  Anybody has purchased this item before and ship it thru JAC?

BTW, i'm from Cebu.

Thanks!

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #475 on: Feb 11, 2008 at 05:23 PM »

whichever is higher, which in your case is 40 pounds.   But thats not all, most online stores packages the item in another box to provide additional cushioning or support, so youll be left with a bulkier item to ship.  ;)     

Offline wilan

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #476 on: Feb 11, 2008 at 05:40 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply...

That's interesting... hmmm...

OT: Would it be advisable to purchase it locally?  I'm not sure though where to buy, i called toyoma and it seems it's not available yet (March maybe?).   But then, the price of SR604 is around 33k so I assume the 605 would be much higher.

Thanks again.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #477 on: Feb 11, 2008 at 09:58 PM »
Hi,

I would like to purchase the Onkyo TX-SR605 from Amazon.  It has this info on its production page:

Which figure above will be used by JAC to compute for the shipping rate?  Or would they use the above figure at all?  Anybody has purchased this item before and ship it thru JAC?

BTW, i'm from Cebu.

Thanks!

The product dimension mentioned above is actually the actual dimension of the AVR, not the box.   The actual dimension of the box is (W x H x D) 22.44 x 11.70 x 18.50 inches.  And the actual shipping weight of the box + AVR = 31 lbs.  But then they put the boxed AVR into another box (double boxing) thus you have a bigger volume than the actual volume of the carton of the AVR.   ;D ;D ;D  One solution is to have the item shipped via sea cargo, but then again the item will arrive 35 to 55 days after. 
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2008 at 10:00 PM by oReOsHaKe »

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #478 on: Feb 12, 2008 at 07:43 AM »
The product dimension mentioned above is actually the actual dimension of the AVR, not the box.   The actual dimension of the box is (W x H x D) 22.44 x 11.70 x 18.50 inches.  And the actual shipping weight of the box + AVR = 31 lbs.  But then they put the boxed AVR into another box (double boxing) thus you have a bigger volume than the actual volume of the carton of the AVR.   ;D ;D ;D  One solution is to have the item shipped via sea cargo, but then again the item will arrive 35 to 55 days after. 

If you buy from Amazon, to avoid double-boxing, try to buy from third-party sellers, not Amazon directly because as far as I know, Amazon ALWAYS double-boxes. On the other hand, most third-party sellers do not double-box.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #479 on: Feb 12, 2008 at 08:37 AM »
If you buy from Amazon, to avoid double-boxing, try to buy from third-party sellers, not Amazon directly because as far as I know, Amazon ALWAYS double-boxes. On the other hand, most third-party sellers do not double-box.

Most third-party sellers of Amazon also double box when shipping electronics.  Better email them first if they indeed do this.